[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Insider:Projected records... for every nba team's 16-17 season
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/25/2016  3:31 PM
Bernard30 wrote:The website I bet with have the Knicks at 43.5 +105 I WISH it was 34...

Yeah i think most betting services will have the Knicks between 40-45 i would guess.

AUTOADVERT
Malcolm
Member: #6131

8/25/2016  5:33 PM
nixluva wrote:Knicks top 7 rotation is pretty strong.

1.  Rose
2. Lee
3. Melo
4. KP
5. Noah
6. Jennings
7. Thomas
------------
8. Holiday
9. KOQ
10. Willy
11. Randle
12. Kuz
13. Ndour
14. Plumlee
15. Baker?
Ahem. Vujacic (?)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/25/2016  6:18 PM
Malcolm wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks top 7 rotation is pretty strong.

1.  Rose
2. Lee
3. Melo
4. KP
5. Noah
6. Jennings
7. Thomas
------------
8. Holiday
9. KOQ
10. Willy
11. Randle
12. Kuz
13. Ndour
14. Plumlee
15. Baker?
Ahem. Vujacic (?)

Dang I knew I was forgetting someone. It's crazy how you mind can just go blank sometimes. Yeah Sasha only makes my case stronger cuz I think this team will have enough functionality and flexibility to run Hornacek's schemes and Triangle sets at a high level.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/25/2016  10:12 PM
The bench has more question marks then the RIDLER, other than lance, all i know is youtube clips, and Anthony Ramdolph look like the sleeper of the decade on youtube.

They had us winning 44 to 47 games whenn kidd was here an we won 54 games. The "we to old mantra" was the talk

ES
nixluva
USA
8/25/2016  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/25/2016  10:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The bench has more question marks then the RIDLER, other than lance, all i know is youtube clips, and Anthony Ramdolph look like the sleeper of the decade on youtube.

They had us winning 44 to 47 games whenn kidd was here an we won 54 games. The "we to old mantra" was the talk

We do have some idea about Willy and Kuz. They both performed well enough in Europe and then in Olympic competition to get a feel for their ability to fill in off the bench. Chasson Randle has played Euro Pro Ball. Even Ndour has shown some nice potential.

After winning National Invitation Tournament MVP honors to cap his senior season at Stanford, where he scored 2,375 career points, Randle was invited to play on the Golden State Warriors’ Summer League team last year and averaged 9.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists but didn’t get a training camp invite. He spent the past season in Europe playing for CEZ Nymburk, which won the Czech Republic Basketball League title May 23.
http://qctimes.com/sports/basketball/rock-island-grad-randle-sizzles-for-knicks-in-summer-league/article_409705a4-5583-510f-b6b8-db51da946930.html

I think this bench is untested in the NBA but they have talent and like KP some have international experience. Also don't forget that KOQ has some ability even if he was up and down. Perhaps Noah can help the young bigs learn how to play the right way.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/26/2016  8:39 AM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The bench has more question marks then the RIDLER, other than lance, all i know is youtube clips, and Anthony Ramdolph look like the sleeper of the decade on youtube.

We do have some idea about Willy and Kuz. They both performed well enough in Europe and then in Olympic competition to get a feel for their ability to fill in off the bench. Chasson Randle has played Euro Pro Ball. Even Ndour has shown some nice potential.

After winning National Invitation Tournament MVP honors to cap his senior season at Stanford, where he scored 2,375 career points, Randle was invited to play on the Golden State Warriors’ Summer League team last year and averaged 9.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists but didn’t get a training camp invite. He spent the past season in Europe playing for CEZ Nymburk, which won the Czech Republic Basketball League title May 23.
http://qctimes.com/sports/basketball/rock-island-grad-randle-sizzles-for-knicks-in-summer-league/article_409705a4-5583-510f-b6b8-db51da946930.html

I think this bench is untested in the NBA but they have talent and like KP some have international experience. Also don't forget that KOQ has some ability even if he was up and down. Perhaps Noah can help the young bigs learn how to play the right way.

Obviously health is the main concern, but, coaching, rotation and roles is absolutely the bottom line. If that's in order we can win 50+ games. It was the entire reason we won with our 2013 AARP sqauad.

Jennings has to have the kind of 6th man Impact that JR had, and Melo has to display the kind of Leadership kidd did..

ES
nixluva
USA
8/26/2016  11:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Obviously health is the main concern, but, coaching, rotation and roles is absolutely the bottom line. If that's in order we can win 50+ games. It was the entire reason we won with our 2013 AARP sqauad.

Jennings has to have the kind of 6th man Impact that JR had, and Melo has to display the kind of Leadership kidd did..

I see Melo, Noah and Rose being solid leaders for this team. Noah in particular is a very good leader and he does it on the floor as well.

I think Hornacek will have fewer issues with his rotations then Fish or Rambis had. For one thing the top 7 are pretty solid. We know what those guys can do and it shouldn't be hard for JH to figure out how he wants to rotate them in and out. The 8th, 9th and 10th men will be his tougher decisions. Holiday, Willy, Kuz, KOQ, Ndour and Chasson Randle should be able to give good minutes when he goes to them IMO.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/26/2016  1:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I see Melo, Noah and Rose being solid leaders for this team. Noah in particular is a very good leader and he does it on the floor as well.

I think Hornacek will have fewer issues with his rotations then Fish or Rambis had. For one thing the top 7 are pretty solid. We know what those guys can do and it shouldn't be hard for JH to figure out how he wants to rotate them in and out. The 8th, 9th and 10th men will be his tougher decisions. Holiday, Willy, Kuz, KOQ, Ndour and Chasson Randle should be able to give good minutes when he goes to them IMO.

i agree about noah being a leader. Melo by his own admission isnt a vocal leader but he does his job on the court. I dont consider Rose a leader really.
nixluva
USA
8/26/2016  2:08 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

i agree about noah being a leader. Melo by his own admission isnt a vocal leader but he does his job on the court. I dont consider Rose a leader really.

I disagree about Melo and Rose not being leaders. Melo has MOST DEFINITELY developed into a very real leader. You've gotta keep up with current events. Melo has been outspoken and taken on a leadership role the last 2 years including this summer with the Olympic Team. He's a leader. PERIOD!

Rose has taken on a lead role for his team and even if he's not at the same level as Noah, he's still going to be a leader for this team. He's not being quiet so far and is acting like a leader in being out front and vocal so far.

Everyone brings different things to the table and not everyone leads in the exact same way. Together I think this team has a good group of vet leaders with Noah at the top but Melo and Rose also adding their different styles of leadership.

StarksEwing1

8/26/2016  2:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2016  2:31 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I disagree about Melo and Rose not being leaders. Melo has MOST DEFINITELY developed into a very real leader. You've gotta keep up with current events. Melo has been outspoken and taken on a leadership role the last 2 years including this summer with the Olympic Team. He's a leader. PERIOD!

Rose has taken on a lead role for his team and even if he's not at the same level as Noah, he's still going to be a leader for this team. He's not being quiet so far and is acting like a leader in being out front and vocal so far.

Everyone brings different things to the table and not everyone leads in the exact same way. Together I think this team has a good group of vet leaders with Noah at the top but Melo and Rose also adding their different styles of leadership.

nix before you went off on another tagent you completely misread what i said. I NEVER said melo wasnt a leader. I said he wasnt a VOCAL leader and i got that from the horses mouth. Melo leads by his play which is perfectly fine. As for Rose we disagree. I know you are the biggest supporter of the rose trade which is fine bur im not sold on it yet. God bless your optimism !!!
nixluva
USA
8/26/2016  2:40 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

nix before you went off on another tagent you completely misread what i said. I NEVER said melo wasnt a leader. I said he wasnt a VOCAL leader and i got that from the horses mouth. Melo leads by his play which is perfectly fine. As for Rose we disagree. I know you are the biggest supporter of the rose trade which is fine bur im not sold on it yet

I Read what you wrote and I refuted it by saying that Melo HAS RECENTLY been a vocal leader. He's come out and spoken on things he's never done that before. Taking the lead in social matters as well as with the team last summer. I think it's really not that important as long as Melo has a positive impact on his teammates.

With regard to Rose, how do you know if i'm the "biggest supporter" of the Rose trade? There's no need to make such statements. Just make your point. You don't have to be "sold" on the Rose deal for him to actually be a team leader. He's already taking on that role whether you believe in him or not.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/26/2016  2:45 PM
Bernard30 wrote:The website I bet with have the Knicks at 43.5 +105 I WISH it was 34...

See, I feel like that's a fair line. There's a fair chance they're worse than that and a fair chance they're better. They made that line to inspire the most bets, but also because it'll get them a lot of action AND make sure they don't lose too much.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1

8/26/2016  3:38 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

nix before you went off on another tagent you completely misread what i said. I NEVER said melo wasnt a leader. I said he wasnt a VOCAL leader and i got that from the horses mouth. Melo leads by his play which is perfectly fine. As for Rose we disagree. I know you are the biggest supporter of the rose trade which is fine bur im not sold on it yet

I Read what you wrote and I refuted it by saying that Melo HAS RECENTLY been a vocal leader. He's come out and spoken on things he's never done that before. Taking the lead in social matters as well as with the team last summer. I think it's really not that important as long as Melo has a positive impact on his teammates.

With regard to Rose, how do you know if i'm the "biggest supporter" of the Rose trade? There's no need to make such statements. Just make your point. You don't have to be "sold" on the Rose deal for him to actually be a team leader. He's already taking on that role whether you believe in him or not.

i just figured you were. I remember you were also high on bargnani and calderon trades. Its good to have a optimistic view even if it doesnt turn out well. At the end of the day we are both big knick fans and want them to win
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/26/2016  4:03 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

i just figured you were. I remember you were also high on bargnani and calderon trades. Its good to have a optimistic view even if it doesnt turn out well. At the end of the day we are both big knick fans and want them to win
You were pretty excited about the Tyson trade as well.
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0

7/13/2014 7:41 PM
Obviously im most happy with all teh young talent Phil has brought in. Getting larkin in the mavs deal might end up being the best thing in the long run along with Early. wathcing the summer league i have really impressed with hardaway and early the most along with Cole aldrich. Hardaway i expected to look good since he was one of teh better rookies last year. I liked taht he bulked up a bit and he is also mentoring teh young guys during the game. Needs to work on his defense and ball handling but he has a great mental makeup. early i felt was teh steal of the draft. Kid can flat out shoot, is athletic,and good defender. Needs to work on driving the hoop. Aldrich also looks improved and can help down low. all in all im happy Phil is getting some young talent in here that wlll help

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

8/26/2016  4:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You were pretty excited about the Tyson trade as well.
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0

7/13/2014 7:41 PM
Obviously im most happy with all teh young talent Phil has brought in. Getting larkin in the mavs deal might end up being the best thing in the long run along with Early. wathcing the summer league i have really impressed with hardaway and early the most along with Cole aldrich. Hardaway i expected to look good since he was one of teh better rookies last year. I liked taht he bulked up a bit and he is also mentoring teh young guys during the game. Needs to work on his defense and ball handling but he has a great mental makeup. early i felt was teh steal of the draft. Kid can flat out shoot, is athletic,and good defender. Needs to work on driving the hoop. Aldrich also looks improved and can help down low. all in all im happy Phil is getting some young talent in here that wlll help

parts Of it. Cleanthony early really
CrushAlot
USA
9/10/2016  1:40 PM
Pelton is on this podcast and talks about the projections. The host set him up to make fun of the Knicks but I enjoyed a lot of the podcast. Not much about coaching changes and Pelton addresses that but didn't mention Jeff at the point where I had to turn it off (10 minutes left).
https://audioboom.com/boos/4996185-episode-42-espn-s-kevin-pelton-talking-real-plus-minus-projections?t=0
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/10/2016  3:36 PM
Ha, it's that time of the year again...
nixluva
USA
9/10/2016  7:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Pelton is on this podcast and talks about the projections. The host set him up to make fun of the Knicks but I enjoyed a lot of the podcast. Not much about coaching changes and Pelton addresses that but didn't mention Jeff at the point where I had to turn it off (10 minutes left).
https://audioboom.com/boos/4996185-episode-42-espn-s-kevin-pelton-talking-real-plus-minus-projections?t=0

It was a good listen. Lots of explanation of how Adjusted Real Plus Minus works. Age Regression and Injury Time Lost factors. The Knicks Issues seemed to mostly be about Rose, not being good on Back to Backs or with only 1 day of rest. He said Rose is really good on 2 Days, which showed up in the Post Season. Pelton said the overall Injury Risk meant missed games for Rose, Melo, Noah and even Jennings he wasn't too high on. He noted a lack of depth. Liked LT but doubted he would be as good from 3pt range. Didn't think Willy and Kuz would help much. Questions about the 3rd PG coming out of camp.

It was pretty much what we've heard before. IMO because of the way they do these stats it's not going to take into account a short span of time since they do this based on several years. So Rose is definitely going to look bad based on the last 3 years, which were injury hampered. The same would go for Melo, Jennings and Noah. IMO the way that this group can make the game easier for each other tends not to be factored in at all. These RPM stats are based on the Individual. I think this group has a very good fit along with the style of offense that Hornacek will have them play, which I think will enhance the abilities of everyone. RPM can't account for that impact because there's no way to gauge it.

CrushAlot
USA
9/10/2016  8:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/10/2016  8:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Pelton is on this podcast and talks about the projections. The host set him up to make fun of the Knicks but I enjoyed a lot of the podcast. Not much about coaching changes and Pelton addresses that but didn't mention Jeff at the point where I had to turn it off (10 minutes left).

It was a good listen. Lots of explanation of how Adjusted Real Plus Minus works. Age Regression and Injury Time Lost factors. The Knicks Issues seemed to mostly be about Rose, not being good on Back to Backs or with only 1 day of rest. He said Rose is really good on 2 Days, which showed up in the Post Season. Pelton said the overall Injury Risk meant missed games for Rose, Melo, Noah and even Jennings he wasn't too high on. He noted a lack of depth. Liked LT but doubted he would be as good from 3pt range. Didn't think Willy and Kuz would help much. Questions about the 3rd PG coming out of camp.

It was pretty much what we've heard before. IMO because of the way they do these stats it's not going to take into account a short span of time since they do this based on several years. So Rose is definitely going to look bad based on the last 3 years, which were injury hampered. The same would go for Melo, Jennings and Noah. IMO the way that this group can make the game easier for each other tends not to be factored in at all. These RPM stats are based on the Individual. I think this group has a very good fit along with the style of offense that Hornacek will have them play, which I think will enhance the abilities of everyone. RPM can't account for that impact because there's no way to gauge it.

I thought he really underrated Carlisle. Carlisle was a good coach before he coached Dirk. I also heard a podcast where Terry Stotts praised Carlisle and how much he learned him from him recently.
CrushAlot
USA
9/10/2016  11:59 PM
Insider:Projected records... for every nba team's 16-17 season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy