[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lance Stevenson for the minimum?
Author Thread
ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

8/25/2016  1:46 PM
No more than one headcase on the team at a time. And Rose already gives us one.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/25/2016  1:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

We have a team filed with guys that love and respect the Knicks, it's fans and the city of ny....

Lance knows what it is. The dude has a bad reputation yet had no off the court issues. The only thing I can remember him doing was putting out a video of him rapping over a popular rap song. Other than that he hasn't had any off the court issues.

I love his edge on the court. I love that he isn't afraid to do the dirty work to win. He has a great handle. He can get to the basket. He's built like an OX.

His problem is he is not a small fwds the way the Clippers tried to play him. He's not Klay Thompson and that's what Charlotte expected him to be. He's needs to play the way Indiana had him playing. Securing long rebounds, roughing up shooting guards on defense. Getting into the paint making plays. Do we have that role for him? We already paid for Courtney Lee and we have a hungry Holiday on the roster. Aside from Sasha, do we really have a "**** **** up" player coming out of the back court? Stevenson could be that guy

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

8/25/2016  1:52 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:No more than one headcase on the team at a time. And Rose already gives us one.

So Rose is a headcase huh?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/25/2016  1:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Innnnnteresting...

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
8/25/2016  2:05 PM
At one point, Brandon Jennings and Lance Stephenson was sort of my whacky dream backcourt for the Knicks. Makes a lot more sense as a whacky bench backcourt though. I'd take it!
¿ △ ?
ESOMKnicks

8/25/2016  2:07 PM
EnySpree wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:No more than one headcase on the team at a time. And Rose already gives us one.

If the Knicks indeed have an undefeated season, as he may be suggesting, then no, he is not. I'd take my words back.

EnySpree

8/25/2016  9:55 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

If the Knicks indeed have an undefeated season, as he may be suggesting, then no, he is not. I'd take my words back.

crzymdups
USA
8/26/2016  12:33 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Doesn't "have a chance to win every game" just mean they'll be a competitive team? Would you rather he say "aw shucks I think we will be lucky to win 43 games"? The Derrick Rose controversy is a new low for dip**** journalism.

¿ △ ?
ESOMKnicks

8/26/2016  6:22 PM
In his position he'd be best served by letting his game do the talking. Preferably on the court, not in the court.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/26/2016  9:52 PM
Simple question...why are teams not competing with each other to sign Lance?

Again...Phil has done a pretty good job of signing players who are not going to cause any issues...who are willing to put team before self. People want to say Rose can be a problem? Most of his issues have been injury related- something you have to be worried about- but we signed Noah who is a good friend of his, and everything I read after we got Rose tells me he is a good teammate.

Don't feel the need to take on a guy who blew off a great situation on a rising team, which really nurtured him well, and has since been a non-factor.

If you could give me a 100% guarantee that we would have the good version of Indiana Lance, I would take him...but then again, he would not be available to any team for a minimum contract.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

8/27/2016  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2016  9:42 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Simple question...why are teams not competing with each other to sign Lance?

Again...Phil has done a pretty good job of signing players who are not going to cause any issues...who are willing to put team before self. People want to say Rose can be a problem? Most of his issues have been injury related- something you have to be worried about- but we signed Noah who is a good friend of his, and everything I read after we got Rose tells me he is a good teammate.

Don't feel the need to take on a guy who blew off a great situation on a rising team, which really nurtured him well, and has since been a non-factor.

If you could give me a 100% guarantee that we would have the good version of Indiana Lance, I would take him...but then again, he would not be available to any team for a minimum contract.

Can't guarantee he wouldn't have any immaturity issues but I'd hardly call him 'a non factor' on the court. He had a real solid season last year statistic-wise for two teams, esp. his last 20-something games for Memphis. Played pretty well in the playoffs for them against SA too if I remember right.. Again, for the minimum, if he ever became a distraction or caused any problems, you cut him on the spot and move on but his talent + productivity for the money we're talking about clearly makes him a guy worth taking a chance on. This whole discussion might be moot anyway: rumor has it the Nets might be the team that signs him now.. They might be able to offer more PT and more money...Question: can we offer more than the minimum to compete with the Nets if we wanted to? Or more years on a contract?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/27/2016  11:24 AM
Saw this on reddit.
This is pretty much non-news but the off-season is slow and it suggests that there is a bit of movement on one side, however small, for Lance coming here.
JSport is lesser known, but he handled our free agency very well. He was one of the first to report the details of the Rose deal, one of the only to report Joakim recruiting Courtney Lee, one of the first to report Wade seriously looking at other teams/NY, and the first to report Courtney Lee getting an offer from NY.
On Lance Stephenson he tweeted:
"Some saying Lance would be a good fit. When you talk to people around the Knicks "CULTURE" is word used a lot. Does Lance fit that culture?"
"Anyone can change but that's what I'm told it would take for Lance to be a consideration."
"He needs to prove that to Mills & Phil to get his shot."
"To make it clear I'm not for nor against the Lance signing. Just stating the facts from what I'm hearing."
Alan Hahn when asked if he's heard anything:
"Nothing substantial. But it’s early still."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/4zmg07/hahn_jsport_lance_stephenson_interested_in_ny_but/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
8/27/2016  3:46 PM
CrushAlot
USA
8/27/2016  3:49 PM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/27/2016  8:53 PM
Finestrg wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Simple question...why are teams not competing with each other to sign Lance?

Can't guarantee he wouldn't have any immaturity issues but I'd hardly call him 'a non factor' on the court. He had a real solid season last year statistic-wise for two teams, esp. his last 20-something games for Memphis. Played pretty well in the playoffs for them against SA too if I remember right.. Again, for the minimum, if he ever became a distraction or caused any problems, you cut him on the spot and move on but his talent + productivity for the money we're talking about clearly makes him a guy worth taking a chance on. This whole discussion might be moot anyway: rumor has it the Nets might be the team that signs him now.. They might be able to offer more PT and more money...Question: can we offer more than the minimum to compete with the Nets if we wanted to? Or more years on a contract?

Again again...why hasn't he been picked up by anyone at this point? He has clearly made the wrong impression on teams. Guy is in his prime and he wasn't signed in a FA season where money was being given out like M&Ms?

The only positive reason for the Knicks to think about him, is that we have a pretty solid veteran core, and Noah is a more active leader than we've had in some time.

The other negative is him coming back to NYC- not sure Knicks/Nets are in good location for him, but then again, maybe he's finally grown up.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
8/27/2016  9:04 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Finestrg wrote:

Again again...why hasn't he been picked up by anyone at this point? He has clearly made the wrong impression on teams. Guy is in his prime and he wasn't signed in a FA season where money was being given out like M&Ms?

The only positive reason for the Knicks to think about him, is that we have a pretty solid veteran core, and Noah is a more active leader than we've had in some time.

The other negative is him coming back to NYC- not sure Knicks/Nets are in good location for him, but then again, maybe he's finally grown up.

I remember his incident with his girlfriend at the time right after he was drafted. Has there been off the court issues since?
wh4t
Member: #6039
USA
8/27/2016  10:15 PM
Knicks should pursue lance as a backup for courney lee. Justin Holiday can be a 3rd option shooting guard and sasha can run the point as a 3rd string, championship
crzymdups
USA
8/28/2016  8:43 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Finestrg wrote:

I remember his incident with his girlfriend at the time right after he was drafted. Has there been off the court issues since?

There's a Steve Popper article from this morning which said those charges about the girlfriend incident were dropped. Don't know what that means, they could've settled out of court or the charges could've been bogus.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
8/28/2016  2:58 PM
Welpee
Member: #6239

8/28/2016  3:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2016  9:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
I know it doesn't seem like it, but there are two teams in NYC.
Lance Stevenson for the minimum?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy