nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/23/2016  11:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:he has a pretty stroke but lets be real: has almost no lift on that jump shot, less than ever.

WTF are you talking about? LIFT? Man this is a weak point to be trying to make IMO. I really don't get your negative attitude at all.

I gotta say that's annoying... "lift"?... the dude is stroking the 3 like a boss and we're talking about his lift? He's snapping the **** out of the net and we're going to complain that he doesn't jump high enough for your liking? Like who cares the guys jumper is wet.

he's stroking it like a boss but he's playing against the argentine national team...

You say that like he's incapable of doing that at the NBA level. We all know that a healthy Melo is a top scorer at any level. No need to try and make it seem like he's not one of the best players in the world. We should all want to see Melo get into a great rhythm in the Olympics since that will only help him to feel confident next season.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2016  11:50 PM
dk7th wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:he has a pretty stroke but lets be real: has almost no lift on that jump shot, less than ever.

WTF are you talking about? LIFT? Man this is a weak point to be trying to make IMO. I really don't get your negative attitude at all.

I gotta say that's annoying... "lift"?... the dude is stroking the 3 like a boss and we're talking about his lift? He's snapping the **** out of the net and we're going to complain that he doesn't jump high enough for your liking? Like who cares the guys jumper is wet.

he's stroking it like a boss but he's playing against the argentine national team...

So a lot of guys should have shot 63% from three against Argentina right?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/24/2016  12:01 AM
melo is used correctly when playing with team usa and that is to be the deadly catch and shoot 3 point shooter that he is. MDA had the right idea but he also did not really have melo's buy in and/or the shot creators that can get him the ball with space.

This is a very good way for melo to transition into the latter part of his career when the explosiveness declines.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Finestrg
Member: #1069

7/24/2016  12:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2016  12:15 AM
He looked good. Jumper looked smooth and he looked real confident out there. Yeah, I noticed the no lift on that putback but that's never really been his game anyway...Skill level still looks good. And I like the leadership he's finally showing, how guys like Klay Thompson are coming out and saying they're looking up to Melo to lead that USA team, etc.. That's good to hear. Now I want him to take the next step and lead this Knicks team -- i.e. if Horn asks everyone to line up on the sideline and take a step in unison if they believe in the cause, he's gotta be the first one to step forward. No more 'just gimme the damn ball, man!' BS in the huddle, no more sitting on the bench by yourself 20' from a team huddle in a timeout, etc etc..You guys know what I'm talking about--can't have that anymore. I think he knows that now.

I wonder if they're worried about him playing in these Olympics, God forbid getting hurt, wearing himself out, etc..Maybe that's why we loaded up on SFs -- Kuz, Lance, then N'Dour. Funny hearing Phil describe Kuz and why they wanted him -- he said they really wanted a mobile SF that can stretch the floor. What's that really say about Lance? Isn't that Lance's game pretty much? I mean they brought him back but still... I still say the backup SF spot shouldn't be handed to LT and that's it...It needs to be an honest to goodness competition for PT between those 3--LT, Kuz and N'Dour. If Kuz and N'Dour prove to be better options with more talent, then those are the guys I wanna see playing. I'm ok with bring Lance back, glad to have him, but I don't think he should be handed anything. That's crazy. Play the best players. Period.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/24/2016  6:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2016  6:04 PM
mreinman wrote:melo is used correctly when playing with team usa and that is to be the deadly catch and shoot 3 point shooter that he is. MDA had the right idea but he also did not really have melo's buy in and/or the shot creators that can get him the ball with space.

This is a very good way for melo to transition into the latter part of his career when the explosiveness declines.

Is that worth $23 mil a year?! He still makes 54% of his shots at the rim and draws a lot of fouls. We need more of that too, not just the 3s.
mreinman
Member: #3189

7/24/2016  8:34 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:melo is used correctly when playing with team usa and that is to be the deadly catch and shoot 3 point shooter that he is. MDA had the right idea but he also did not really have melo's buy in and/or the shot creators that can get him the ball with space.

Is that worth $23 mil a year?! He still makes 54% of his shots at the rim and draws a lot of fouls. We need more of that too, not just the 3s.

Threes and shots near the basket. I can do without all those mid range chucks.

He is getting paid what he is getting paid ... I just care at this point that his game is as efficient as possible.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/24/2016  9:01 PM
Don't start talking about worth in this day and age... 23 mil a year is a discount for Melo. Conley is getting 30 plus... don't give no Bull**** about Conley being better than Melo
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/24/2016  9:52 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Threes and shots near the basket. I can do without all those mid range chucks.

He is getting paid what he is getting paid ... I just care at this point that his game is as efficient as possible.

I agree that when Melo goes quick and looks for the 3 or drives to the rim, he's a different player. He's also great as a PnR ball handler but he simply doesn't do it enough. I hope that changes. He doesn't need so many post ups from mid range.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/25/2016  9:01 AM
Thank God the highlight video only showed 1 jab step 3...if I see anymore of those Melo jab steps dribble 8 seconds then chuck contested shots this season, I'm gonna lose my shyt!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2016  9:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:

So a lot of guys should have shot 63% from three against Argentina right?

df7th, hold on, I got this one:

Have you never seen Gallinari's lift? Jeremy Lin's lift? Now those are players that could send Argentina back to the stone age... not like this pseudo-HOF junior varsity DOUCHE who ummmm...is ridiculously overpaid and... is too fat...and ...is a team cancer...and...

Wait, what are the other things you normally say, syntactically?

jrodmc
USA
7/25/2016  9:08 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:Thank God the highlight video only showed 1 jab step 3...if I see anymore of those Melo jab steps dribble 8 seconds then chuck contested shots this season, I'm gonna lose my shyt!

I was about to say the same thing about you posting the Melo sitting by himself on the bench picture, But then I realized that would be funny and overreactive.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/25/2016  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2016  11:08 AM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Thank God the highlight video only showed 1 jab step 3...if I see anymore of those Melo jab steps dribble 8 seconds then chuck contested shots this season, I'm gonna lose my shyt!

I was about to say the same thing about you posting the Melo sitting by himself on the bench picture, But then I realized that would be funny and overreactive.

Tell me you actually enjoy Melo's jabsteps. No one does! It's the most cringeworthy ISO move in sports.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2016  11:13 AM
EnySpree wrote:Don't start talking about worth in this day and age... 23 mil a year is a discount for Melo. Conley is getting 30 plus... don't give no Bull**** about Conley being better than Melo
yea but Bonn can use that $23mm to sign 3 guys who are more eff% and better team players. Just don't ask him who
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/25/2016  11:19 AM
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Don't start talking about worth in this day and age... 23 mil a year is a discount for Melo. Conley is getting 30 plus... don't give no Bull**** about Conley being better than Melo
yea but Bonn can use that $23mm to sign 3 guys who are more eff% and better team players. Just don't ask him who

ok i'll bite....who @ bonn?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/25/2016  11:35 AM
martin wrote:

Awesome. I love it.

jrodmc
USA
7/25/2016  11:49 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

I was about to say the same thing about you posting the Melo sitting by himself on the bench picture, but then I realized that would be funny and overreactive.

Tell me you actually enjoy Melo's jabsteps. No one does! It's the most cringeworthy ISO move in sports.

Yeah, because he takes about 1.5 of them a game, and that's really really really hard not to cringe at.
http://i.imgur.com/L8bLP4Y.jpg

Well, at least you're back to YouTubingMelo again. Things be looking up!

Highlights- Melo's first game with team USA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy