[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Derrick Rose referred to the Knicks as a super team along with GS...
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/22/2016  1:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:Everyone wants to remind us what can happen if things go wrong...

But what if everything goes right?

Sort of like expect the worse, but pray for the best

ES
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Member: #3189

7/22/2016  2:15 PM
EnySpree wrote:Everyone wants to remind us what can happen if things go wrong...

its not about what ifs but about setting realistic expectation based on recent years/performances.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/22/2016  2:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2016  2:24 PM
mreinman wrote:

its not about what ifs but about setting realistic expectation based on recent years/performances.

That's a cowardly existence...

Rose, Courtney, Noah, Jennings and others were not on the Knicks last year... slate is clean. If you want to project how good a team can be then go for it.

I'm not going to say, "welp I'm not going to have anything good in life because I haven't had anything good happen. I guess I'm ****ed". You can't live life that way. People cab change and grow. So can sports teams

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/22/2016  2:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Do you live life that way? I don't think anyone should.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
mreinman
Member: #3189

7/22/2016  2:28 PM
EnySpree wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Rose, Courtney, Noah, Jennings and others were not on the Knicks last year... slate is clean. If you want to project how good a team can be then go for it.

I'm not going to say, "welp I'm not going to have anything good in life because I haven't had anything good happen. I guess I'm ****ed". You can't live life that way. People cab change and grow. So can sports teams

I predicted 45 wins. That is really nice improvement. Calling us a contender is way over the top. Why can't we just be happy with steady improvement?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/22/2016  2:30 PM
Malcolm wrote:
nixluva wrote:I saw this and I can understand his optimism. He's been in the gym with some of these guys and they look great right now. Everyone is happy and healthy. They're excited as well. This has to be a very good time for him mentally.
I've been wondering about something for 3 or 4 months now.

It's this: do you work for the New York Knicks PR department (?)

well everyone feels that way in 3 / 4 months after joining the forum :)

But in any case, although optimism is good, bragging about your team being a super team when a single game has not yet been played for the season is kinda foolish. also, its like putting a target on your back. why?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/22/2016  2:57 PM
mreinman wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I predicted 45 wins. That is really nice improvement. Calling us a contender is way over the top. Why can't we just be happy with steady improvement?

45 wins is a good, fair and optimistic outcome. Could they do better? Or worse? Of course... Knicks are not a contender, but they can contend. There are some good teams in the east, but only one great one. The Knicks have the ponies to get hot and make a run, and if that happens there isn't a team in the east they cant match with talent wise. Of course seeing is believing and they need to get there without half the team on a stretcher. Fingers crossed.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
7/22/2016  2:59 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Do you live life that way? I don't think anyone should.

not anyone that's happy... no.

Its HOPE for the BEST, PREPARE for the WORST.

In that regard the Knicks are in a good spot. The best is they have the talent to play past round 2. Preparing for the worst is we have our first rounder, and enough cap space next year to make moves.

nychamp
Member: #2556

7/22/2016  3:10 PM
Don't you want a player on the team thinking like this? Whether an accurate statement or not (not so much, of course), don't you want these guys going into the season fired up and believing in their possibilities? This a pro athlete who has tasted massive success and made millions believing in himself in the face of a lot of naysayers. True for many NBA players. This is how you're supposed to think as a player.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/22/2016  3:25 PM
nychamp wrote:Don't you want a player on the team thinking like this? Whether an accurate statement or not (not so much, of course), don't you want these guys going into the season fired up and believing in their possibilities? This a pro athlete who has tasted massive success and made millions believing in himself in the face of a lot of naysayers. True for many NBA players. This is how you're supposed to think as a player.

The thing is that there's no way to know just how good this Knicks team could end up being. We don't know what KP's ceiling is. When people talk about the Knicks they pretty much forget just how talented KP is. If not for KAT, KP wins ROY. IMO KP's biggest issue was not being physically mature. He's so tall that he had not grown into his frame yet. It's amazing KP did as well as he did with the lack of muscle on his frame. There is a ton of upside on this roster IMO.

Melo, Rose and Noah could have bounce back seasons next season. It's not out of the question. Anytime you put good talent together they can help to make each other better. Especially if their games all mesh well with each other. I like the fit of these players together. Noah is the perfect glue guy due to his ability to pass the ball at a high level. He's gonna have some GREAT targets to pass to. Noah also can anchor the D and get everyone in the right spots on D.

My main concern is that Rose is HORRID on D and that has to improve. He can't be as woeful as he's been on the defensive end.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/22/2016  3:33 PM
nychamp wrote:Don't you want a player on the team thinking like this? Whether an accurate statement or not (not so much, of course), don't you want these guys going into the season fired up and believing in their possibilities? This a pro athlete who has tasted massive success and made millions believing in himself in the face of a lot of naysayers. True for many NBA players. This is how you're supposed to think as a player.
This.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
7/22/2016  3:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
This.

Guarantee if you asked any top NBA player they're gonna feel they can win. They aren't gonna talk like they have no shot or should be only mediocre. They don't think like that.

I want this team to be prepared and confident. I want them to be determined to try and win every game. That's pretty much what Rose was saying.

fishmike
USA
7/22/2016  3:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
This.

Guarantee if you asked any top NBA player they're gonna feel they can win. They aren't gonna talk like they have no shot or should be only mediocre. They don't think like that.

I want this team to be prepared and confident. I want them to be determined to try and win every game. That's pretty much what Rose was saying.

Then why would Durant leave GS?

Bravado can haunt you in a trash talking league. I just hope it doesn't haunt Rose.

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

7/22/2016  3:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
This.

Bravado can haunt you in a trash talking league. I just hope it doesn't haunt Rose.

I don't know, between players it could go either way. One man's confident is another man's ****y. Not everyone is Tim Duncan or Kawhi Leonard.

I think the real haunting comes from the media and the fans.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/22/2016  3:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:Kind of a passing comment.....

"With these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the superteams, and they're trying not to build that many superteams, and Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that," Rose said. "And the expectations I think of us, we just want to win."

What else is a former MVP, who played on a team that could have won it all, suppose to say? This guy was unstoppable. True Winners think they can win every time. Losers know they will lose every time. Are we complaining that someone on the team feels this confident? Now we just need everyone on the Knicks to follow suit. If they do, the culture will truly change.

I like the fact we have several players on the team who were written off and have something to prove. At this level, its mostly about who wants it the most day in and day out. The talent is there for most pros but the effort level sometimes is inconsistent. If healthy, I see this team topping the 54 win year.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
Member: #748
7/22/2016  4:44 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Kind of a passing comment.....

"With these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the superteams, and they're trying not to build that many superteams, and Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that," Rose said. "And the expectations I think of us, we just want to win."

What else is a former MVP, who played on a team that could have won it all, suppose to say? This guy was unstoppable. True Winners think they can win every time. Losers know they will lose every time. Are we complaining that someone on the team feels this confident? Now we just need everyone on the Knicks to follow suit. If they do, the culture will truly change.

I like the fact we have several players on the team who were written off and have something to prove. At this level, its mostly about who wants it the most day in and day out. The talent is there for most pros but the effort level sometimes is inconsistent. If healthy, I see this team topping the 54 win year.

It's all about how we approach life. Glass half full or half empty!

I approach everything on the high side.....And inside, I prepare for the worst. But hoping for the best is a better culture to have around you. It's called mental conditioning.....Which is linked to injuries and sickness. People who thinks doom and gloom all day, usually live a shorter life.

With that said, I think we can make it to the finals this season. We can also win it all this season....Why not. If Rose comes back to his MVP self or even close. Noah turns into the perfect triangle center, breaking assist numbers for a center. KP rises to elite status. Melo plays at the highest level of his career. All of this is possible.

Now it will take a perfect storm like avoiding the Cavs in the early rounds, and hoping everybody has injuries to key player, while our key players are healthy. Since this is always a possibility, then thats what I'm rooting for. The easy way out is to just say, nobody will be 100% healthy and history backs that up since half the team is coming off of key injuries....

The real heros are the ones who calls for a victory, eventhough the odds are against them. Because if you call for a victory, and actually win, the feeling is great. Versus saying we will not be healthy, and we will lose....but at the end we win, the feeling is not as good......I'm always calling for a victory before I start anything. But thats just me and I don't mind being alone on this! Does it hurt when you have high hopes, and get let down when we lose? Sure.....But hoping we win, and we actually win feels better than the loss.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nychamp
Member: #2556

7/22/2016  4:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
This.

He might wind up proven wrong and peppered with digs on the court or in the tabloids but his bravado now will not have been a cause or contributing factor to any lack of success. Winners think like this and are often wrong day-to-day but don't dwell on it and have more than their share of victories and success.

Again not saying I agree with him, but he should be thinking like this and to argue that he shouldn't for reasons related to wins and losses is far-fetched. Go and voice your disagreement with his assessment of the team, but don't say he should share the curmudgeonly outlook of an overweight radio host or columnist and be more reserved. A former MVP and star player believes in his new squad, and sees himself as capable of being a part of a "super team". I'm not really there with him but I want that thinking in Knicks players.

nixluva
USA
7/22/2016  5:02 PM
nychamp wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
This.

He might wind up proven wrong and peppered with digs on the court or in the tabloids but his bravado now will not have been a cause or contributing factor to any lack of success. Winners think like this and are often wrong day-to-day but don't dwell on it and have more than their share of victories and success.

Again not saying I agree with him, but he should be thinking like this and to argue that he shouldn't for reasons related to wins and losses is far-fetched. Go and voice your disagreement with his assessment of the team, but don't say he should share the curmudgeonly outlook of an overweight radio host or columnist and be more reserved. A former MVP and star player believes in his new squad, and sees himself as capable of being a part of a "super team". I'm not really there with him but I want that thinking in Knicks players.

I know that every time I start a Project I expect excellence. That's just how I think. Sometimes it doesn't match my intentions but I strive for it always. To me if you have players who are confident in their abilities then they should think like this. Anyone think Westbrook is not still supremely confident he can lead his team to big wins?
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/22/2016  5:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

For me, it's prepare for the worst, hope for the best, but do your best to forecast accurately accounting for as many variables as possible.

BUT, the offseason with nothing to do corrolary is to dream big, because everything is possible til the season starts.

This is the Randle.
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
7/22/2016  5:55 PM
I'm an optimist and don't have concerns about injuries. Players are going to get banged up during the course of the season but I don't believe that any catastrophic is going to happen. I'm that Rose is fired up.....makes me fired up!
Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Derrick Rose referred to the Knicks as a super team along with GS...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy