Member: #3370

7/16/2016  2:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:It would most likely be a low first round pick, so I would be ok with it. OK4 might benefit from a change of scenery, a team with more veterans on the roster, not to mention Phil.

Okafor is still on a very reasonable rookie deal so he wouldn't count that much against the cap, and it would give us added insurance in case Noah has any issues over the next 4 years. Pretty sure they would ask for more to send him to a division rival.

Again, some guy made the scenario up. There is no there there.

Will you stop acting like a GD Hall Monitor? Martin was right, you dont get how message boards work. Doesnt matter if its true or not. Posters throw out scenarios, we dont fing wait for some journalistic or legal standard of accuracy to talk about wether or not some trade idea is a good one. Just shooting the breeze.

I understand how they work.

They shouldn't work that way.

This thread is based not on the premise of 'let'd discuss a made up scenario" it's based on the premise "A few outlets are speculating the Knicks could trade Kyle Oquinn and a 2017 first rounder for Okafor," neither of which is true.

This is how and why fictional speculation resurfaces as "rumors".

Your crusade to reform the internet should be launched from your own website. You are taking a very authoritarian stance in a forum in which you have no authority. Do you honestly believe that arbitarily trying to shut down any discussion you dont like is going to have a good outcome?

Citing a fact is not authoritarian.

It is not arbitrary.

And no one is trying to shut down hypothetical discussion of a made-up scenario. If anyone would like to discuss the Knicks possibly trading O'Quinn and their 2017 first for Karl Anthony-Towns, i have zero issue with this. I'd have issue of RealGm picked up that thread and rebranded it a rumor and then the proposal took a life on its own as a something the Knicks and Wolves have discussed.

What I am explaining (and this thread demonstrates explanation is required) is the difference between a rumor and something that just popped out of someone's mouth.

Even the latest contribution to the thread, Nick Ziegler's piece, is based on breaking down on why it'd be a bad trade for Philly, rather than breaking down why it isn't even an actual rumor.

I happen to be in a business where the distinction is important. And when the distinction becomes unimportant to everyone else, we all become stupider, misinformed and increasingly subject to be further stupid and more misinformed.

If this issue does nothing for you, fair enough, doesn't have to. But I'm using the forum as per its intended use, expressing my POV. If I've misinterpreted this, Martin is of course free to edit and delete my posts and/or limit my posting privileges as he see fits.

Until that time, you're right now doing the same thing I'm doing.

Bull****. Its one thing to express your disapproval of a particular thread, but you don't stop there. You keep pestering people who choose to participate in threads you don't like, trying to get them to stop posting in them. If posters want to comment on the viability of a trade idea, rumor, (off topic or not) its their call, not yours.

I've never once told anyone to stop posting, and I'm pretty direct if you've noticed. That's strictly your interpretation.

I'm correcting misinformation. Same as I did about the Knicks ability to trade their 2017 pick. Guy I corrected didn't seem to resent it at all.

Again, I have no issue with people wanting to comment on whether they'd trade the 2017 pick and Kyle O'Quinn for Okafor. For the record, I would (of course, no brainer).

It's just not a rumor, and the internet is worse for people not understanding how and why this isn't a rumor. That's all I've commented on.

What trades, draft picks and free agent signings is actually the Knicks business, not ours, yet we talk about what they should or shouldn't do all the time, and a lot of the time, we're not very civil about it. Forums such as these LIVE for telling what they should do and how stupid they are for doing the wrong things (see, I do understand them). Second someone feels like (even incorrectly) the tables are turned, however, you get resentful responses like yours.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/16/2016  3:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2016  3:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:It would most likely be a low first round pick, so I would be ok with it. OK4 might benefit from a change of scenery, a team with more veterans on the roster, not to mention Phil.

Okafor is still on a very reasonable rookie deal so he wouldn't count that much against the cap, and it would give us added insurance in case Noah has any issues over the next 4 years. Pretty sure they would ask for more to send him to a division rival.

Again, some guy made the scenario up. There is no there there.

Will you stop acting like a GD Hall Monitor? Martin was right, you dont get how message boards work. Doesnt matter if its true or not. Posters throw out scenarios, we dont fing wait for some journalistic or legal standard of accuracy to talk about wether or not some trade idea is a good one. Just shooting the breeze.

I understand how they work.

They shouldn't work that way.

This thread is based not on the premise of 'let'd discuss a made up scenario" it's based on the premise "A few outlets are speculating the Knicks could trade Kyle Oquinn and a 2017 first rounder for Okafor," neither of which is true.

This is how and why fictional speculation resurfaces as "rumors".

Your crusade to reform the internet should be launched from your own website. You are taking a very authoritarian stance in a forum in which you have no authority. Do you honestly believe that arbitarily trying to shut down any discussion you dont like is going to have a good outcome?

Citing a fact is not authoritarian.

It is not arbitrary.

And no one is trying to shut down hypothetical discussion of a made-up scenario. If anyone would like to discuss the Knicks possibly trading O'Quinn and their 2017 first for Karl Anthony-Towns, i have zero issue with this. I'd have issue of RealGm picked up that thread and rebranded it a rumor and then the proposal took a life on its own as a something the Knicks and Wolves have discussed.

What I am explaining (and this thread demonstrates explanation is required) is the difference between a rumor and something that just popped out of someone's mouth.

Even the latest contribution to the thread, Nick Ziegler's piece, is based on breaking down on why it'd be a bad trade for Philly, rather than breaking down why it isn't even an actual rumor.

I happen to be in a business where the distinction is important. And when the distinction becomes unimportant to everyone else, we all become stupider, misinformed and increasingly subject to be further stupid and more misinformed.

If this issue does nothing for you, fair enough, doesn't have to. But I'm using the forum as per its intended use, expressing my POV. If I've misinterpreted this, Martin is of course free to edit and delete my posts and/or limit my posting privileges as he see fits.

Until that time, you're right now doing the same thing I'm doing.

Bull****. Its one thing to express your disapproval of a particular thread, but you don't stop there. You keep pestering people who choose to participate in threads you don't like, trying to get them to stop posting in them. If posters want to comment on the viability of a trade idea, rumor, (off topic or not) its their call, not yours.

I've never once told anyone to stop posting, and I'm pretty direct if you've noticed. That's strictly your interpretation.

I'm correcting misinformation. Same as I did about the Knicks ability to trade their 2017 pick. Guy I corrected didn't seem to resent it at all.

Again, I have no issue with people wanting to comment on whether they'd trade the 2017 pick and Kyle O'Quinn for Okafor. For the record, I would (of course, no brainer).

It's just not a rumor, and the internet is worse for people not understanding how and why this isn't a rumor. That's all I've commented on.

What trades, draft picks and free agent signings is actually the Knicks business, not ours, yet we talk about what they should or shouldn't do all the time, and a lot of the time, we're not very civil about it. Forums such as these LIVE for telling what they should do and how stupid they are for doing the wrong things (see, I do understand them). Second someone feels like (even incorrectly) the tables are turned, however, you get resentful responses like yours.

You keep going into threads you dont approve of and keep repeating the same thing over and over to one poster after another. That is not adding to the discussion, thats spam. We get it, you dont believe this story is true, let it go.

As for civility you have shown very little of that since returning to this board. Your tone has not been what one could call cordial. Condescending, rude, obnoxious would be a more apt description. I made a good faith effort to make our interactions friendlier but that obviously has failed. I come here to have fun, and you're no fun, Im sure there are other posters here who will be happy to interact with you.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2016  3:36 PM
Some rumors are clearly a wast of time. This is by far the poster child.
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0

7/16/2016  6:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2016  6:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:We get it, you dont believe this story is true, let it go.

This again misses the point. I don't "believe" the story isn't true, it is an indisputable fact there is no story. The definitive origin of "the story" is a guy suggesting trades he made up (and is clear about that). The rest has been telephone game.

If my explaining this isn't cordial enough for your tastes, I have no inclination to dispute your personal preferences. But your above response demonstrates explanation that there is nothing of substance to this whole notion remains useful.

As for the rest, it's been my experience sports forums exist in significant part for people to criticize owners and management and coaches and players and officials and the media that covers them all, often in pretty derogatory terms, and often leading to fights between participants. Whether or not Melo is a good player and whether or not be should remain a Knicksseem to have led to any number of uncivil arguments here and elsewhere.

If you don't like how I post, that's an entirely valid preference and I don't begrudge you it. But in my subjective opinion, you seem to be criticizing me for something that's part of the every day fabric of forums like these, which is your right, even if curious.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/18/2016  12:21 PM
This is getting stupid. Now the rumor is Courtney Lee is included.
http://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/nba-rumors-new-york-knicks-trade-courtney-lee-kyle-oquinn-1st-round-pick-76ers-jahlil-okafor/35974/
NBA Rumors: New York Knicks to trade Courtney Lee, Kyle O’Quinn, and 1st round pick for 76ers’ Jahlil Okafor?
Peter Erick Magbanua
- July 18, 2016
NBA Rumors: New York Knicks to trade Courtney Lee, Kyle O’Quinn, and 1st round pick for 76ers’ Jahlil Okafor?
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

The New York Knicks are trying to fill in the pieces for their rebuilding for next season. Rumors are swirling that the Knicks will offer Courtney Lee, Kylee O’Quinn, and a first round pick for Philadelphia 76ers’ big man Jahlil Okafor.

When the 76ers signed Dario Saric they have officially log jam their roster as they have four big men on their roster that would include Okafor, Joel Embiid, and Nerlens Noel. 76ers manager Bryan Colangelo has stated that he does not like the unbalance that their team is facing and wants to unclog that unbalance to create more playing time for their potential rim protectors.

Now, shifting Courtney Lee, who just recently signed a four-year $48 million contract with the Knicks this offseason, might be questionable. But it could also benefit Lee as the 76ers need more wingmen rather than big men to orchestrate their offense. But if the Knicks considers this trade it would also benefit them as they could have Okafor come off the bench and lead their stringers supporting Joakim Noah and Kristaps Porzingis.

It would be deadly to note if Porzingis and Okafor would play side-by-side for the Knicks giving them a strong presence inside the paint. For the 76ers taking in Lee and O’Quinn will add versatility in the flow if their offense. Lee averages 9.6 points, 1.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game while O’Quinn averages 4.8 points and 3.8 rebounds per game.

The Ringer’s Jonathan Tjarks reported that Knicks’ president of basketball operations Phil Jackson sees Okafor as an added piece to his triangle offense. For Jackson having Okafor would ease out the void that Porzings does when he opts to shoot a three point.

“Porzingis and Okafor could form a devastating high-low combo; Porzingis’s ability to shoot 3s and protect the rim could cover the two biggest holes in Okafor’s game. The Knicks could ease Okafor into a role behind Joakim Noah, and he would completely dismantle smaller big men on opposing second units,” Tjarks noted.

Okafor averages 17.5 points and 7.0 rebounds per game and with the aggressiveness that the Knicks have shown during the offseason, one would not wonder if they would go for the deal to happen and have Okafor work his way into the rotation of coach Jeff Hornacek. The Knicks have already signed former Bulls’ Noah and Derrick Rose and adding Okafor would strengthen their bench and chances in next season as well.

For the Knicks being aggressive at this point would be worth a shot in getting Okafor as the 76ers want to unclog the jam that they have with virtually a number of big men on their roster. Both teams want to bring in some pieces that would increase their chances going into the next season.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/18/2016  12:25 PM
NYKBocker wrote:This is getting stupid. Now the rumor is Courtney Lee is included.
http://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/nba-rumors-new-york-knicks-trade-courtney-lee-kyle-oquinn-1st-round-pick-76ers-jahlil-okafor/35974/
Peter Erick Magbanua
- July 18, 2016
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

The New York Knicks are trying to fill in the pieces for their rebuilding for next season. Rumors are swirling that the Knicks will offer Courtney Lee, Kylee O’Quinn, and a first round pick for Philadelphia 76ers’ big man Jahlil Okafor.

When the 76ers signed Dario Saric they have officially log jam their roster as they have four big men on their roster that would include Okafor, Joel Embiid, and Nerlens Noel. 76ers manager Bryan Colangelo has stated that he does not like the unbalance that their team is facing and wants to unclog that unbalance to create more playing time for their potential rim protectors.

Now, shifting Courtney Lee, who just recently signed a four-year $48 million contract with the Knicks this offseason, might be questionable. But it could also benefit Lee as the 76ers need more wingmen rather than big men to orchestrate their offense. But if the Knicks considers this trade it would also benefit them as they could have Okafor come off the bench and lead their stringers supporting Joakim Noah and Kristaps Porzingis.

It would be deadly to note if Porzingis and Okafor would play side-by-side for the Knicks giving them a strong presence inside the paint. For the 76ers taking in Lee and O’Quinn will add versatility in the flow if their offense. Lee averages 9.6 points, 1.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game while O’Quinn averages 4.8 points and 3.8 rebounds per game.

The Ringer’s Jonathan Tjarks reported that Knicks’ president of basketball operations Phil Jackson sees Okafor as an added piece to his triangle offense. For Jackson having Okafor would ease out the void that Porzings does when he opts to shoot a three point.

“Porzingis and Okafor could form a devastating high-low combo; Porzingis’s ability to shoot 3s and protect the rim could cover the two biggest holes in Okafor’s game. The Knicks could ease Okafor into a role behind Joakim Noah, and he would completely dismantle smaller big men on opposing second units,” Tjarks noted.

Okafor averages 17.5 points and 7.0 rebounds per game and with the aggressiveness that the Knicks have shown during the offseason, one would not wonder if they would go for the deal to happen and have Okafor work his way into the rotation of coach Jeff Hornacek. The Knicks have already signed former Bulls’ Noah and Derrick Rose and adding Okafor would strengthen their bench and chances in next season as well.

For the Knicks being aggressive at this point would be worth a shot in getting Okafor as the 76ers want to unclog the jam that they have with virtually a number of big men on their roster. Both teams want to bring in some pieces that would increase their chances going into the next season.

LOL. We should make sure we don't have anyone above D League level at SG by the time the season starts.
Knickoftime

7/18/2016  12:29 PM
Getting stupid?

Reached maximum capacity the first pick-up.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/18/2016  12:56 PM
You guys sucks
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

7/18/2016  1:10 PM
Can Courtney Lee even get traded? I didn't think a team could trade a newly acquired FA so soon like that.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/18/2016  1:19 PM
Finestrg wrote:Can Courtney Lee even get traded? I didn't think a team could trade a newly acquired FA so soon like that.

He can't unless something changed in the rules . I think newly signed players can't be traded till December or January

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/18/2016  1:21 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Can Courtney Lee even get traded? I didn't think a team could trade a newly acquired FA so soon like that.

He can't unless something changed in the rules . I think newly signed players can't be traded till December or January

Plus I don't think the contracts match .

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Justin holiday instead

mreinman
Member: #3189

7/18/2016  1:28 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

contracts don't have to match since the sixers are under the cap.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knickoftime

7/18/2016  1:31 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

i would be, since it's entirely made up.

(Sorry Guztav, I gotta be me).

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
7/18/2016  1:52 PM
Okafor doesn't play defense and has both conditioning and character issues. Can't wait to see him in a Knicks uniform. The night life in New York City will be just what he needs.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2016  2:15 PM
This is funny. Its sad too.
Waste of time. Oka4 off the bench, yeah, thats going to happen.
Woo a free agent then trade him. That can't happen until December.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/18/2016  2:18 PM
dk7th wrote:Okafor doesn't play defense and has both conditioning and character issues. Can't wait to see him in a Knicks uniform. The night life in New York City will be just what he needs.

The Knicks do have the vet leadership that the Sixers don't. Not that i'm advocating this kind of deal, but if it did happen this could be a better place for OK4 to develop. Noah won't take any of that dumb ish here in NY from OK4.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/18/2016  3:43 PM
At first I wasn't interested but if it's for O'Quinn & a 2018 1st rounder, I'd do it. With or without the protection, I would gamble on being a playoff team.

Having a fellow Chicago guy like Rose and a mentor like Noah would help Okafor tremendously.
Offense of our 2nd unit would go through Okafor.

Pg: Rose, Jennings
Sg: Lee, Holiday, Sasha
Sf: Melo, L.Thomas
Pf: Porzingis, Lithuania,
C: Noah, Okafor, Hernangomez

Plumlee, Baker, Randle

Just would be surprised to see Philly give up on Okafor so quickly. Thinking they can hold out for more. Although trade to Boston would be weird bc that's where he got into his fight.

GustavBahler

7/18/2016  5:24 PM
TLover wrote:At first I wasn't interested but if it's for O'Quinn & a 2018 1st rounder, I'd do it. With or without the protection, I would gamble on being a playoff team.

Having a fellow Chicago guy like Rose and a mentor like Noah would help Okafor tremendously.
Offense of our 2nd unit would go through Okafor.

Pg: Rose, Jennings
Sg: Lee, Holiday, Sasha
Sf: Melo, L.Thomas
Pf: Porzingis, Lithuania,
C: Noah, Okafor, Hernangomez

Plumlee, Baker, Randle

Just would be surprised to see Philly give up on Okafor so quickly. Thinking they can hold out for more. Although trade to Boston would be weird bc that's where he got into his fight.

Agree, believe Okafor still has enough upside to make that deal if it were available. Dont believe we will get a better prospect with the pick the Knicks should be getting. A low first round pick. Just not sure they want to trade him to a team they play so much. Will probably ask for more to do that.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/18/2016  6:20 PM
We need to stop trading first round picks but would trade a 1st rounder, Bulls 2017 2nd rounder, & O'Quinn for him.
GustavBahler

7/18/2016  6:32 PM
TLover wrote:We need to stop trading first round picks but would trade a 1st rounder, Bulls 2017 2nd rounder, & O'Quinn for him.

I would as well, but I don't believe the 76ers (or any other team) would be up for a trade until they watched him play for a stretch this season. O'Quinn was all over the place last season.

Kyle O'Quinn and a future pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy