[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kyle O'Quinn and a future pick
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
7/15/2016  10:03 PM
The only future pick we should be trading with O'Quinn is the Bulls 2nd rounder for one of the other Plumlee brothers. Okafor could turn into Eddy Curry 2.0
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/15/2016  10:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2016  10:31 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:It would most likely be a low first round pick, so I would be ok with it. OK4 might benefit from a change of scenery, a team with more veterans on the roster, not to mention Phil.

Okafor is still on a very reasonable rookie deal so he wouldn't count that much against the cap, and it would give us added insurance in case Noah has any issues over the next 4 years. Pretty sure they would ask for more to send him to a division rival.

Again, some guy made the scenario up. There is no there there.

Will you stop acting like a GD Hall Monitor? Martin was right, you dont get how message boards work. Doesnt matter if its true or not. Posters throw out scenarios, we dont fing wait for some journalistic or legal standard of accuracy to talk about wether or not some trade idea is a good one. Just shooting the breeze.

I understand how they work.

They shouldn't work that way.

This thread is based not on the premise of 'let'd discuss a made up scenario" it's based on the premise "A few outlets are speculating the Knicks could trade Kyle Oquinn and a 2017 first rounder for Okafor," neither of which is true.

This is how and why fictional speculation resurfaces as "rumors".

Your crusade to reform the internet should be launched from your own website. You are taking a very authoritarian stance in a forum in which you have no authority. Do you honestly believe that arbitarily trying to shut down any discussion you dont like is going to have a good outcome?

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/16/2016  4:51 AM
I'd much rather do it for Nerlens Noel. Imagine a big lineup in the future with Noel and Porzingis, unstoppable.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/16/2016  4:51 AM
I'd much rather do it for Nerlens Noel. Imagine a big lineup in the future with Noel and Porzingis, unstoppable.
The Future is Bright!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/16/2016  8:37 AM
No more trading first rounders. I doubt this rumor is true anyhow
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/16/2016  9:15 AM
Were this a possibility, I would suggest that there is another team waiting in the wings for O'Quinn. Like Boston. OQuinn doesnt fix Philly's big-small problem. Or ours.

As much as I was interested in Jahlil last year, and even more so, D'angelo Russell. Both picks pale in comparison to KP. I dont see value in trading future 1s for players that do not make us more dominant today. I feel bad for Jahlil's draft scenario and think the NBA needs to revisit the tank fest that is Philly as it can destroy young guys careers. I am looking forward to a new CBA. That said, no thank you.

All I need is a backup backup PG.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
7/16/2016  9:18 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:It would most likely be a low first round pick, so I would be ok with it. OK4 might benefit from a change of scenery, a team with more veterans on the roster, not to mention Phil.

Okafor is still on a very reasonable rookie deal so he wouldn't count that much against the cap, and it would give us added insurance in case Noah has any issues over the next 4 years. Pretty sure they would ask for more to send him to a division rival.

Will you stop acting like a GD Hall Monitor? Martin was right, you dont get how message boards work. Doesnt matter if its true or not. Posters throw out scenarios, we dont fing wait for some journalistic or legal standard of accuracy to talk about wether or not some trade idea is a good one. Just shooting the breeze.

Ha ha. Name as many tv hall monitors as you can. Screech and Urkel come to mind immediately.

This is the Randle.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/16/2016  9:39 AM
http://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1TkluxCAQfA2-YTXggczBh0QTfyAPiNrAxITNwnYs_z6Qe6RWL1WlrjIjDvJFic6NHJgExSQTDJjqOR-U6DnUqwehGLyriQzwxLQ5Y02vc-yWUYlBmypSN7yzWWoNoMQ8I7vd7wxBdmFc9n0l4pXwqZaNqyv2LG6324zatzcVbt51gKrtb0v2pFcunvrktN9oOWIuG_3GJbhAs8dnLnTH4Gn-sWUO-UzNQEzHHj81xhXdVyLiMWH6aHEJf3ugCxfhsim2fBRt_-ejNe6Ilbexol0ZrTHO9qetygEuXHJuyX8Bzg5kGg
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/16/2016  10:23 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:http://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1TkluxCAQfA2-YTXggczBh0QTfyAPiNrAxITNwnYs_z6Qe6RWL1WlrjIjDvJFic6NHJgExSQTDJjqOR-U6DnUqwehGLyriQzwxLQ5Y02vc-yWUYlBmypSN7yzWWoNoMQ8I7vd7wxBdmFc9n0l4pXwqZaNqyv2LG6324zatzcVbt51gKrtb0v2pFcunvrktN9oOWIuG_3GJbhAs8dnLnTH4Gn-sWUO-UzNQEzHHj81xhXdVyLiMWH6aHEJf3ugCxfhsim2fBRt_-ejNe6Ilbexol0ZrTHO9qetygEuXHJuyX8Bzg5kGg

empirewritesback.com
New York Knicks Rumors: Jahlil Okafor Talk Overblown
by Nick Ziegler

Dec 18, 2015; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor (8) and New York Knicks forward Kristaps Porzingis (6) compete for a loose ball during the second quarter at Wells Fargo Center. Mandatory Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

New York Knicks rumors float around the interwebs and social media frequently.

What’s the latest rumor that everyone’s buzzing about online? The Philadelphia 76ers trading center Jahlil Okafor to the Knicks for forward Kyle O’Quin and a first-round pick.

Let’s start from the beginning.

According to Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Keith Pompey via CSNNE.com, the Sixers will likely deal Okafor or Nerlens Noel to solve their frontcourt logjam. The team cleared center Joel Embiid for five-on-five scrimmages, and he’ll utilize the summer to work on his conditioning, per Sixers’ assistant coach Lloyd Pierce (h/t Philly.com).

The Sixers don’t need three seven-footers playing center, which means a trade for a guard in the backcourt.

The Ringer’s Jonathan Tjarks likely started the Knicks rumor about Okafor. After all, Bill Simmons garners respect within the sports media industry. As a result, anything appearing on his site will spread through social media like wildfire.

Tjarks suggested the proposed Knicks’ trade discussed above:

The Knicks could ease Okafor into a role behind Joakim Noah, and he would completely dismantle smaller big men on opposing second units. They don’t have much in the way of assets for the 76ers to acquire, but they could send Kyle O’Quinn to make the trade’s salary numbers work and give up a future first-round pick.

The trade proposal sounds excellent for New York, and it’ll rile up the fans thinking about the possibilities. But, how does this make sense for Philadelphia?

The Sixers already have an excess of frontcourt assets. Why would they trade away one of their talented bigs for a less-talented 6’10” power forward and a draft pick? Philadelphia has already played the lottery game with former general manager Sam Hinkie, why would his replacement, Bryan Colangelo, go down the same road?
Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor (8) celebrates during the game against the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. New York Knicks won 119-113 in double overtime

With that deal on the table, the Sixers should be able to pull the trigger on a better offer with a guard involved. Consider the Phoenix Suns as a viable trade partner. Devin Booker has impressed, and he’s not expected to play any more summer league games, per Arizona Republic reporter Paul Coro. Brandon Knight and Eric Bledsoe currently hold starting backcourt positions.

Before we start creating memes with Okafor donning a Knicks’ jersey, let’s think about the technicalities and what it means for Philadelphia, who’s starving for guard play. With Ben Simmons’ court vision and passing ability, the Sixers need a consistent knock-down shooter, not a role player at the 4-spot, who shoots a below 28 percent from three-point land.

Does this trade benefit the other side? Would you consider letting go of Okafor, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2015 draft, for a future first-round pick and O’Quinn?

If the answer is an absolutely no to both questions, then Colangelo would likely agree. Sorry to burst fantasy bubbles, but Okafor isn’t coming to New York.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
7/16/2016  11:11 AM
there is ZERO chance that jackson would acquire okafor. stupid ass rumor
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2016  11:23 AM
KOQ and a 1st round pick for Okafor? Really, just cuz its on the net, don't mean its stupid as hell.
He had an awful year?
For all his struggles as a rookie, he averaged 17.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks on 50.8 percent shooting on a roster that didn’t complement his skill set. He struggled off the court, not on it.
He does not fit our needs at the moment, and he is not a bench player.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/16/2016  11:26 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

This thread is based not on the premise of 'let'd discuss a made up scenario" it's based on the premise "A few outlets are speculating the Knicks could trade Kyle Oquinn and a 2017 first rounder for Okafor," neither of which is true.

Your crusade to reform the internet should be launched from your own website. You are taking a very authoritarian stance in a forum in which you have no authority. Do you honestly believe that arbitarily trying to shut down any discussion you dont like is going to have a good outcome?

Citing a fact is not authoritarian.

It is not arbitrary.

And no one is trying to shut down hypothetical discussion of a made-up scenario. If anyone would like to discuss the Knicks possibly trading O'Quinn and their 2017 first for Karl Anthony-Towns, i have zero issue with this. I'd have issue of RealGm picked up that thread and rebranded it a rumor and then the proposal took a life on its own as a something the Knicks and Wolves have discussed.

What I am explaining (and this thread demonstrates explanation is required) is the difference between a rumor and something that just popped out of someone's mouth.

Even the latest contribution to the thread, Nick Ziegler's piece, is based on breaking down on why it'd be a bad trade for Philly, rather than breaking down why it isn't even an actual rumor.

I happen to be in a business where the distinction is important. And when the distinction becomes unimportant to everyone else, we all become stupider, misinformed and increasingly subject to be further stupid and more misinformed.

If this issue does nothing for you, fair enough, doesn't have to. But I'm using the forum as per its intended use, expressing my POV. If I've misinterpreted this, Martin is of course free to edit and delete my posts and/or limit my posting privileges as he see fits.

Until that time, you're right now doing the same thing I'm doing.

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
7/16/2016  11:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2016  11:49 AM
Nalod wrote:KOQ and a 1st round pick for Okafor? Really, just cuz its on the net, don't mean its stupid as hell.
He had an awful year?
For all his struggles as a rookie, he averaged 17.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks on 50.8 percent shooting on a roster that didn’t complement his skill set. He struggled off the court, not on it.

Yeah, it depends on what stats you look at. He's the perfect example of a player with excellent simple stats and really ugly advanced stats. Here are some of the biggest eye sores in his stats. Most of these are either the worst on his team or close to the worst among their regular players.
on/off plus minus: -8.1. (The team performed way better with any big other than him in the game.)
99 points per 100 possessions. (His FG% is good but low FT%, low assists, and high turnovers really drag his stats down.)
WS 48: .037 (Bad but not quiet as horrible as the other stats)
Box plus mins: -4.1 (contributes 4.1 points less than the average player per 100 possessions)
Value over replacement: -0.8 (It's set so that a D League replacement level player is 0.0. Below 0 means worse than a replacement level player.)

He still has potential but I don't want to risk giving up a lottery pick for him. The pick would have to be like top 14 protected but Philly wouldn't do that.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/16/2016  12:02 PM
I expect that a number of team forums throughout the nation are discussing a big they can get from Philly.

They couldn't even keep Christian Wood, who had a pretty good SL for them.

Saric just Signed

Simmons is on the team

Embiid won't get you good value until he has played an entire season

Noel is with the team

OK4 is on the team

Richaun Holmes has guaranteed money this year (about $1M last year of guaranteed $$)

Carl Landry, a small PF has guaranteed money this year ($6.5M...expiring contract)

You would think they need to make a move before the season begins.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/16/2016  12:09 PM
Nalod wrote:KOQ and a 1st round pick for Okafor? Really, just cuz its on the net, don't mean its stupid as hell.
He had an awful year?

Problem is, I suspect Sixers would want 2 first round picks and KOQ. I'd consider it if it was just one- don't think we've seen the best of OK4. Weird how things go- just over a year ago everyone wanted him over KP

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/16/2016  12:10 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:I expect that a number of team forums throughout the nation are discussing a big they can get from Philly.

They couldn't even keep Christian Wood, who had a pretty good SL for them.

Saric just Signed

Simmons is on the team

Embiid won't get you good value until he has played an entire season

Noel is with the team

OK4 is on the team

Richaun Holmes has guaranteed money this year (about $1M last year of guaranteed $$)

Carl Landry, a small PF has guaranteed money this year ($6.5M...expiring contract)

You would think they need to make a move before the season begins.

If Boston strikes out on Westbrook and Blake, I could see them coming to some sort of arrangement

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/16/2016  12:22 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Citing a fact is not authoritarian.

It is not arbitrary.

And no one is trying to shut down hypothetical discussion of a made-up scenario. If anyone would like to discuss the Knicks possibly trading O'Quinn and their 2017 first for Karl Anthony-Towns, i have zero issue with this. I'd have issue of RealGm picked up that thread and rebranded it a rumor and then the proposal took a life on its own as a something the Knicks and Wolves have discussed.

What I am explaining (and this thread demonstrates explanation is required) is the difference between a rumor and something that just popped out of someone's mouth.

Even the latest contribution to the thread, Nick Ziegler's piece, is based on breaking down on why it'd be a bad trade for Philly, rather than breaking down why it isn't even an actual rumor.

I happen to be in a business where the distinction is important. And when the distinction becomes unimportant to everyone else, we all become stupider, misinformed and increasingly subject to be further stupid and more misinformed.

If this issue does nothing for you, fair enough, doesn't have to. But I'm using the forum as per its intended use, expressing my POV. If I've misinterpreted this, Martin is of course free to edit and delete my posts and/or limit my posting privileges as he see fits.

Until that time, you're right now doing the same thing I'm doing.

Bull****. Its one thing to express your disapproval of a particular thread, but you don't stop there. You keep pestering people who choose to participate in threads you don't like, trying to get them to stop posting in them. If posters want to comment on the viability of a trade idea, rumor, (off topic or not) its their call, not yours.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/16/2016  12:26 PM
Pass on Okafor
¿ △ ?
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
7/16/2016  1:01 PM
Figured I'd chime in since I mostly stalk lately and rarely comment.

Here's my general POV: I am against trading away draft picks to get veterans unless it's a complete game changer.

However...

If you trade for Okafor, you are essentially getting a draft pick, he was the #3 pick in a relatively strong draft (at least at the top) and was projected to go #1 until about a month before the draft (give or take). Talent-wise, he's probably more like the #4 pick in that draft. So, I would say this, we'd be trading a pick, which if things go as expected, should be in the 13-20 range for a player that is a high lottery pick. I say make it top 3 protected and go for it.

Okafor needs a lot of work, because he's a terrible free throw shooter and his defense is putrid. I believe he needs a lot of work to develop those aspects of his game, but he's young and if he practices enough, I believe he can eventually get to near a 70% free throw shooter, and become adequate on defense. His interior presence is very good and there aren't a lot of good back to the basket players. He can be a project as a backup center/PF off the bench and can learn from the guys we already have. I'd be happy to add him.

That being said, I would guess this rumor is pretty bogus.

Clean
Member: #743
7/16/2016  2:34 PM
I don't buy this rumor at all. I ignore most rumors that does not start from Woj anyway. I think people are underestimating Okafor. If you put him in the right role with the right players he would be a vital cog to a winning team. I think he would be a perfect 6th man. No secondary player can stop him in the post and his weaknesses are not as prevalent when going against backups.
Kyle O'Quinn and a future pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy