[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

“How Carmelo, Amar’e pushed Jeremy Lin out” Mike D’Antoni said in Woj podcast
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/18/2016  11:34 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:This is called deflection.

This post is about that teams epic failure prior to Lin arriving, winning and the jealously that followed. Not Dantoni's career record

Yeah exactly. If we're going to talk about MDA's record in recent years, we should be talking about the records of everyone involved in the story (Melo, Amare, Lin) etc. Or we could just focus on the actual story. We shouldn't scrutinize MDA's records and ignore the other people's though.

As far as I know, Melo and Amare haven't given interviews lately trashing D'Antoni. I don't believe someone who has had very little success in this league for the last 8 years, in part because of his inflexibilty, should be talking negatively about anyone. Not sure why you guys think thats ok, regardless of what you think about Lin, Amare, or Melo.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/18/2016  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2016  11:42 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

This post is about that teams epic failure prior to Lin arriving, winning and the jealously that followed. Not Dantoni's career record

Yeah exactly. If we're going to talk about MDA's record in recent years, we should be talking about the records of everyone involved in the story (Melo, Amare, Lin) etc. Or we could just focus on the actual story. We shouldn't scrutinize MDA's records and ignore the other people's though.

As far as I know, Melo and Amare haven't given interviews lately trashing D'Antoni. I don't believe someone who has had very little success in this league for the last 8 years, in part because of his inflexibilty, should be talking negatively about anyone. Not sure why you guys think thats ok, regardless of what you think about Lin, Amare, or Melo.

Even if what MDA says reflects poorly on his character, that doesn't invalidate his points. His comments should be evaluated based on their merit. Maybe MDA is a mean person but that's a separate topic and one that shouldn't matter to Knicks fans since he's not part of the team.
GustavBahler

7/18/2016  11:53 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Even if what MDA says reflects poorly on his character, that doesn't invalidate his points. Maybe MDA is a mean person but that's a separate topic and one that shouldn't matter to Knicks fans since he's not part of the team.

Character matters IMO when that coach starts lobbing accusations. Melo flew to Vegas to recruit Lin if I recall, dont know about Stat. And this was to recruit a player who had shown something only for a few weeks, really. For a future HOFer, All Star, to do that was a sign of great respect. How much more was he supposed to do?

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
7/18/2016  12:07 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Even if what MDA says reflects poorly on his character, that doesn't invalidate his points. Maybe MDA is a mean person but that's a separate topic and one that shouldn't matter to Knicks fans since he's not part of the team.

Character matters IMO when that coach starts lobbing accusations. Melo flew to Vegas to recruit Lin if I recall, dont know about Stat. And this was to recruit a player who had shown something only for a few weeks, really. For a future HOFer, All Star, to do that was a sign of great respect. How much more was he supposed to do?

Can you provide a link to the Melo recruiting Lin story? Never heard of that.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/18/2016  12:08 PM
crzymdups wrote:The title of this thread should be - "We aren't going to have much to talk about til Training Camp, huh?"

Especially since FatMelo has been sighted working out with new teammates.

Next thread: "Gallinari talks about the impact 'The Trade' had on his health and hairstyle choices"

jrodmc
USA
crzymdups wrote:The title of this thread should be - "We aren't going to have much to talk about til Training Camp, huh?"

Next thread: "Gallinari talks about the impact 'The Trade' had on his health and hairstyle choices"

jrodmc
USA

GustavBahler

7/18/2016  12:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2016  12:25 PM
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Sorry, they met in LA. It was Lin who secretly flew to Vegas to renegotiate his offer with the Rockets. Combined two stories. Woodson/Melo/Chandler met with Lin in LA. At the time Lin still hadn't signed a new deal. If Melo really didnt want him back, that would have been a great opportunity to show it by not showing up.

From the Post:

The Knicks had been set to match Lin’s original offer sheet of four years, $28.9 million that had a $19 million guarantee before the Rockets threw a financial curveball that called for a $15 million third year that would have doomed owner James Dolan’s luxury-tax predicament.[/quote
dk7th
USA
7/18/2016  12:32 PM
Right I remember a dinner meeting vaguely.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

7/18/2016  12:46 PM
LOL @ SSOL.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2016  3:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I had only read the post article but I just listened to the podcast. Wow. I didn't think I could come away with having less respect for how he handled things in NY but I did.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
USA
7/18/2016  3:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I had only read the post article but I just listened to the podcast. Wow. I didn't think I could come away with having less respect for how he handled things in NY but I did.

Yeah, I do agree with your point on this. You shouldn't talk negatively about previous or current co-workers, and this does make MDA look bad. Regardless, if Melo is inflexible, it's a concern of ours.
GustavBahler

7/18/2016  5:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2016  5:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Its amazing. D'Antoni goes on at length about how some of his players sabotaged the team's success. But when it comes the time for a little introspection on what he did to contribute to the losing, he says that he doesnt spend much time thinking about it, second guessing himself. Good riddance.

nychamp
Member: #2556

7/18/2016  7:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Its amazing. D'Antoni goes on at length about how some of his players sabotaged the team's success. But when it comes the time for a little introspection on what he did to contribute to the losing, he says that he doesnt spend much time thinking about it, second guessing himself. Good riddance.

+1000 Amen.

Bonn1997
USA
7/18/2016  7:40 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Did he say that? Wow. Yeah, just to be clear: I don't come out of this with a good view of MDA by any means.
dk7th
USA
7/18/2016  9:32 PM
d'antoni haters out in full force, hear what you want to hear, interpret what he is saying how you will. carry on with the useless trolling.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/18/2016  9:36 PM
Didn't Melo refuse SSOL in favor of calling for the ball and iso's?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2016  10:09 PM
dk7th wrote:d'antoni haters out in full force, hear what you want to hear, interpret what he is saying how you will. carry on with the useless trolling.
Did you listen to the podcast?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/18/2016  11:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Sorry, they met in LA. It was Lin who secretly flew to Vegas to renegotiate his offer with the Rockets. Combined two stories. Woodson/Melo/Chandler met with Lin in LA. At the time Lin still hadn't signed a new deal. If Melo really didnt want him back, that would have been a great opportunity to show it by not showing up.

From the Post:

The Knicks had been set to match Lin’s original offer sheet of four years, $28.9 million that had a $19 million guarantee before the Rockets threw a financial curveball that called for a $15 million third year that would have doomed owner James Dolan’s luxury-tax predicament.[/quote

Sorry .. The he-said she-said lies bout the Knicks 2010-11 MVP player was a dream gone DEAD need to be buried along with the rest of all owner Dolan's BLAME-Games .. We actually had the chance to let the NBA Fans build Jeremy LinSanity into a worldwide NBA Knicks Star .... Recall Lin didnt take Houston first offer because he had to be waiting on the Knicks to give him a call or offer the day after the Knicks sign Jason Kidd (The best tutor/coach in the business for Jeremy Lin type of style).
For some unknown reason the Knicks organization never called Lin.

Recall when we had to wait for the result to find out if the Knicks held Lin's rights.
Our GM at the time did announced the Knicks organization were gonna let (A huge FAN-Base) Jeremy Lin test the FA waters ...WHAT??????

GustavBahler

7/18/2016  11:25 PM
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

From the Post:

Sorry .. The he-said she-said lies bout the Knicks 2010-11 MVP player was a dream gone DEAD need to be buried along with the rest of all owner Dolan's BLAME-Games .. We actually had the chance to let the NBA Fans build Jeremy LinSanity into a worldwide NBA Knicks Star .... Recall Lin didnt take Houston first offer because he had to be waiting on the Knicks to give him a call or offer the day after the Knicks sign Jason Kidd (The best tutor/coach in the business for Jeremy Lin type of style).
For some unknown reason the Knicks organization never called Lin.

Recall when we had to wait for the result to find out if the Knicks held Lin's rights.
Our GM at the time did announced the Knicks organization were gonna let (A huge FAN-Base) Jeremy Lin test the FA waters ...WHAT??????

Like conversing with a 14 year old fan boy. Right, the Knicks blew their chance to turn Lin into the star he never became, not even fing close. Did you listen to the interview? Getting so defensive about a coach who hasnt shown anything in 8 years and a player who has shown almost nothing in the 4 years since those handful of games. Lin has changed teams 4 times since then, get over it.
“How Carmelo, Amar’e pushed Jeremy Lin out” Mike D’Antoni said in Woj podcast

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy