[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

“How Carmelo, Amar’e pushed Jeremy Lin out” Mike D’Antoni said in Woj podcast
Author Thread
wallstbear
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6301

7/15/2016  5:52 AM
Podcast: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vertical-podcast-with-woj--mike-d-antoni-221033356.html

NYP article:

http://nypost.com/2016/07/13/how-carmelo-amare-pushed-jeremy-lin-out-mike-dantoni/

So basically D'antoni/Lin/Atkinson all left so NYK could keep playing hero ball.

Fire away...

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/15/2016  6:58 AM
The title is kind of click bait. Read the article the other day. Says Amare didn't want to move to backup 5. Probably didn't want to be a backup since he played the 5 for MDA in the past. And Melo didn't want to move to the 4. Wanting to move them around clearly is for spacing on MDAs end.

Lin and Am are both got injured as did Tyson and we had to rely on hero ball from Melo at the end of the day to get us to the playoffs.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/15/2016  7:48 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:The title is kind of click bait. Read the article the other day. Says Amare didn't want to move to backup 5. Probably didn't want to be a backup since he played the 5 for MDA in the past. And Melo didn't want to move to the 4. Wanting to move them around clearly is for spacing on MDAs end.

Lin and Am are both got injured as did Tyson and we had to rely on hero ball from Melo at the end of the day to get us to the playoffs.

I agree with all this... nothing really to see here

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/18/2016  7:54 AM
Shouldn't D'Antoni be spending all his time figuring out how the hell he's going to fuck up James Harden? I mean, more than he is already?
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
7/18/2016  8:29 AM
To D'Antoni's credit, all those moves would have been the right ones to make. Melo at the 4 worked great the following season, and Amare, at that point, was better suited to be a backup.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/18/2016  9:06 AM
matt wrote:To D'Antoni's credit, all those moves would have been the right ones to make. Melo at the 4 worked great the following season, and Amare, at that point, was better suited to be a backup.

Yeah I had the same thoughts after reading this.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
7/18/2016  9:09 AM
as soon as the melo trade occurred it was no longer walsh or d'antoni's team. instability and upheaval are the hallmarks of a malignant narcissist: dolan.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/18/2016  9:54 AM
D'Antoni still throwing shade on players. What's his record since Phoenix?
Bonn1997
USA
7/18/2016  9:58 AM
GustavBahler wrote:D'Antoni still throwing shade on players. What's his record since Phoenix?

It ranged from lottery seasons to mid .500s. Like most coaches, he was basically as good or as bad as his rosters. Are you trying to discredit what he's saying?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/18/2016  10:16 AM
matt wrote:To D'Antoni's credit, all those moves would have been the right ones to make. Melo at the 4 worked great the following season, and Amare, at that point, was better suited to be a backup.

He was pretty spot on. That being said, its amazing how he constantly lands in situations not suited to his strengths as a coach. Houston with a ball dominant wing and no real PG isn't great. LAL obviously had bad personnel for him as well. There are always a few teams out there with good PGs and athletic teams tailored made for his style, but he always seems to get hired by teams without those strengths.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/18/2016  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2016  10:17 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:D'Antoni still throwing shade on players. What's his record since Phoenix?

It ranged from lottery seasons to mid .500s. Like most coaches, he was basically as good or as bad as his rosters. Are you trying to discredit what he's saying?

Im discrediting the notion that someone who couldnt manage better than two first round exits in 8 years without a healthy Steve Nash, should be pointing his finger at anyone but himself. If Melo or Amare had told MDA they were sitting out the playoffs because they were "only" at 80 percent, Im sure we would have heard about it. I dont like the idea of a coach who has been flat out awful for almost a decade, talking trash about players.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2016  10:30 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Im discrediting the notion that someone who couldnt manage better than two first round exits in 8 years without a healthy Steve Nash, should be pointing his finger at anyone but himself. If Melo or Amare had told MDA they were sitting out the playoffs because they were "only" at 80 percent, Im sure we would have heard about it. I dont like the idea of a coach who has been flat out awful for almost a decade, talking trash about players.

This. Also, who decides what player rotation gives the team the best chance to win?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
USA
7/18/2016  11:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

This. Also, who decides what player rotation gives the team the best chance to win?

Isn't that the coach's job?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/18/2016  11:10 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Yeah, there was a part in that podcast where he states that his inability to communicate was one of his biggest weaknesses in NY and LA. McHale seemed like a players coach and he wasnt able ro communicate in the end. I wonder if has learned enough to tackle someone like Harden

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Bonn1997
USA
7/18/2016  11:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2016  11:15 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Yeah, there was a part in that podcast where he states that his inability to communicate was one of his biggest weaknesses in NY and LA. McHale seemed like a players coach and he wasnt able ro communicate in the end. I wonder if has learned enough to tackle someone like Harden

A lot of all-stars just don't like to make changes. That's why I'm really curious what's gonna happen when Hornacek tries to explain that mid range shots that you hit at 40% are not helping the team.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/18/2016  11:16 AM
This is called deflection.

This post is about that teams epic failure prior to Lin arriving, winning and the jealously that followed. Not Dantoni's career record

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2016  11:18 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

That was my point. I am only going from the Post article and may see it differently after I hear the interview. You can't say a guy needs to play a certain way to be successful but that can't happen because the guys you coach don't want to come off the bench or play a different position. The coach should be dictating what happens and doing what he thinks puts the team in the best position to win. Rabis did it with Afflalo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
USA
7/18/2016  11:20 AM
gunsnewing wrote:This is called deflection.

This post is about that teams epic failure prior to Lin arriving, winning and the jealously that followed. Not Dantoni's career record

Yeah exactly. If we're going to talk about MDA's record in recent years, we should be talking about the records of everyone involved in the story (Melo, Amare, Lin) etc. Or we could just focus on the actual story. We shouldn't scrutinize MDA's records and ignore the other people's though.
Bonn1997
USA
7/18/2016  11:21 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

That was my point. I am only going from the Post article and may see it differently after I hear the interview. You can't say a guy needs to play a certain way to be successful but that can't happen because the guys you coach don't want to come off the bench or play a different position. The coach should be dictating what happens and doing what he thinks puts the team in the best position to win. Rabis did it with Afflalo.

Yeah, exactly.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/18/2016  11:22 AM
The title of this thread should be - "We aren't going to have much to talk about til Training Camp, huh?"
¿ △ ?
“How Carmelo, Amar’e pushed Jeremy Lin out” Mike D’Antoni said in Woj podcast

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy