[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The New Knicks Are Pumped
Author Thread
Bernard30
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #973
7/14/2016  11:25 PM
Would any of you guys happen to know where in L.A. they're working out?
"It was good," Curry said. "I killed Malik, Jerome. The usual suspects. It felt good."
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/14/2016  11:55 PM
nixluva wrote:And here's the MONEY SHOT!!!

Also, there's this comment from Jennings.

This guy seems like he was there. He commented on the energy.

nixluva
USA
7/15/2016  11:02 PM
Some new videos.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/16/2016  4:54 AM
Melo has really been working hard this off season. I hope he does really well this year, been a great leader as of late.

I don't think I have ever been this excited for the upcoming season.

The Future is Bright!
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/16/2016  9:19 AM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:Looking good!

Melo looks like an undersized forward next to KP. I met Melo before and the average person is up to his shoulder. KP is a giant.....it must be tough to walk around and have everybody stare. I rather be like john Stockton where nobody knows hes an nba player outside of Utah.

Super stretch 5 in a couple of years. Amazing.

May have nabbed the next generational player who size and skill re-defines his position

Yeah, at least our old fool Prez is right twice a day, like a broken clock!

Dayum, KP! $4mil a year and you look like you bought a suit off the rack from WalMart!

You dont like Melo brand suits?

This is the Randle.
nixluva
USA
7/16/2016  11:02 AM
TPercy wrote:Melo has really been working hard this off season. I hope he does really well this year, been a great leader as of late.

I don't think I have ever been this excited for the upcoming season.

Yo these guys are really excited for next season. I'm really pulling for these guys to have great success. It's so hard to win in this league and I know the players and the fans are dying to see a winning team again. Outside of having great talent you also need great luck to be on your side. Staying healthy is often about being lucky as much as being in great shape and having a medical staff that is on top of their game. Getting guys the rest and treatment they need.

Melo looks trim and stronger in the upper body. His jumper looks like it's in midseason form. I like that his preparation so far looks to be ahead of schedule.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/16/2016  11:36 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
nixluva wrote:KP goin Hollywood.

Bond ----- James M-F Bond.

Monday - Friday. Right!!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
7/16/2016  7:33 PM
I thought this article which basically talks more in depth about the Knicks get together in LA, would be a great fit in this thread.

Inside Knicks’ ‘high-energy’ workout as bonding gets started
By Marc Berman July 16, 2016 | 6:49pm

While president Phil Jackson is holed up at his Montana lakehouse, the bonding of his new Knicks began in a private gym in Los Angeles on Thursday.

Supervised by personal trainer Rob McClanaghan, Derrick Rose, Brandon Jennings, Kristaps Porzingis and Sasha Vujacic mixed it up during a spirited 90-minute workout. McClanaghan has been Rose’s offseason trainer since the former Bulls point guard matriculated to the University of Memphis in 2007.

McClanaghan has also trained Jennings for five years, though the two Knicks point guards had never worked out together until Thursday. Rose also never even had met Porzingis or Vujacic, two of the five Knicks players back from last season. The club will have at least nine new faces on the roster next season. Camaraderie wasn’t built in a day, but Thursday got it started.

“Everyone really came together,’’ McClanaghan told The Post in a phone interview from L.A. “All have a similar mindset — let’s just win here and do whatever it takes and sacrifice.

“The workout was high-energy, guys having fun, talking a lot of trash — even me. Derrick loved being on the court with Porzingis.’’

The four Knicks worked on a series of halfcourt drills. McClanaghan ended the session with a shooting contest.

“Then it got competitive and they came together,’’ McClanaghan said.

Porzingis was in L.A. for the ESPYs, prompting Rose’s invitation. Rose and McClanaghan have worked out in L.A. for several years.

Porzingis is back in New York now, but Vujacic, the former Laker, plans to work out with Rose and Jennings periodically into August. Coincidentally, McClanaghan is also the personal trainer of new Knicks shooting guard Courtney Lee, who is getting to L.A. on Aug. 1 with plans on working with Rose and Jennings.

Rose has been in L.A. working with McClanaghan the last six weeks, since before the June 22 Knicks blockbuster.

“It’s the earliest we’ve started,’’ McClanaghan said. “Because it’s the first time he wasn’t in the playoffs.’’

Or injured. Rose’s two knee surgeries (ACL and torn meniscus) cost him a lot of offseason gym time — which is why this offseason is so huge in terms of working on actual basketball. McClanaghan has worked on all aspects of Rose’s game — pull-up jumpers being one of the areas of emphasis. Off the court, it’s been training and yoga.

“I’m not worried — he put in his work and time in,’’ McClanaghan said. “He listens to his body, which is important. Now he’s ready to make the extra jump out there. It’s been a solid six weeks. With the commitment and work he’s put in, he’s ready to have a great year. He’s excited about a fresh start.”

Last season was a good step as Rose played 66 games after a rough start with a freak eye injury. It was a big development from the previous three seasons. He missed the entire 2012-13 season after undergoing ACL surgery from the prior spring; he missed 72 games in 2013-14 because of a torn meniscus; and he sat out 31 games in 2014-15 because of ankle, hamstring and knee issues.

On the first day of training camp last September, Taj Gibson cracked Rose in the eye and he missed training camp with blurred vision.

“He was ready to go and it put a damper on things right away,’’ McClanaghan admitted.

Jennings, whom Jackson has challenged to win Sixth Man of the Year, will back up Rose and may come with more question marks than Rose. Regaining complete explosiveness after an Achilles tendon rupture is considered more arduous than ACL tears. Jennings sustained the rupture in January 2015 and didn’t play another game until nearly a year later — in late December last season.

“Last summer we couldn’t do anything,’’ said McClanaghan, who is based in Rhode Island during the season. “He’s getting back to old form. Brandon is the hardest worker when he shows up — no one works harder and I’m not just saying that.”

There’s more work to be done with Rose and Jennings before training camp, but McClanaghan feels good vibes.

“Everyone has their own great motivation, everyone wants to be together and win,’’ McClanaghan said.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/16/inside-knicks-high-energy-workout-as-bonding-gets-started/
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
7/16/2016  11:26 PM
Is it October yet?
I bleed orange and blue for life.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/19/2016  9:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2016  9:30 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BID7gtjjT8a/?taken-by=nyknickseverything
nixluva
USA
7/19/2016  11:23 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BID7gtjjT8a/?taken-by=nyknickseverything

Good Stuff. Thx for posting. Really hoping that Jennings can have a real bounce back season. He's gonna be so important to this team.

nixluva
USA
8/19/2016  7:33 PM
Gettin closer every day.

nixluva
USA
8/23/2016  8:36 PM
More recent workout video

nixluva
USA
8/27/2016  2:58 AM
Pool Workout!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/27/2016  7:30 AM
nixluva wrote:Pool Workout!

did you take that picture hiding behind the bushes nix
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/29/2016  11:20 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Pool Workout!

did you take that picture hiding behind the bushes nix

Yikes! Hate to see the images from inside the locker room afterwards.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/29/2016  11:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/29/2016  11:53 AM
if these Knicks somehow avoid the injury bug I do think they will rival the 2012-13 team in terms of results--pretty monumental "if" though
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
The New Knicks Are Pumped

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy