[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Melo Steps Forward
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/22/2016  5:44 PM
fishmike wrote:I 100% believe Mark Cuban nailed it. Trump's ideal situation is to lose the election and look like a good guy and patriot and potentially boost his net by 10x. It fits. No way Trump wants this job, he just wants to win, be POTUS and win. Also he wants to people to recognize he won.

Wow what a conspiracy. This one can't be topped

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/22/2016  5:44 PM
gunsnewing wrote:...while the current administration tells us we are safer than we've ever been...

It seems to you don't actually answer questions gun or engage in dialogue but I'll try any way - can you dispute this with actual data?

What source of information corroborates your opinion we are not as safe as we've ever been when the data supports that conclusion?

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/22/2016  6:07 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloanyk wrote:Shooting at a Munich Mall playing right into Trump's emphasis that he is the Law and Order candidate that will keep America safe.

So how Trump is going to do that doesn't matter?

You just claim an issue and a solution by yelling about it?

He could guarantee himself the election if he went over there right now and captured the 3 (latest numbers) terrorists.

I'll pay for his ticket.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/22/2016  6:09 PM
misterearl wrote:The Answer Man Ain't Never Angry Most of the Time

arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
misterearl wrote:I have perfect feet, that don't qualify me for President

President is representation of the country.
I think Trump is a perfect feet.

arkrud - Trump is a perfect "feet" in what way exactly?

In every way - he is exactly like you Earl - angry person only listening to himself.

arkrud - let's not make this personal. You claimed Donald Trump is a perfect "feet" for the country.

You cannot put stuff out there without backing it up.

Can you please explain why Donald Trump is perfect in clear terms, and back it with facts?

That is all.

OK
Our days America is obsessed with reality TV and other type of mindless entertainment.
Trump is perfect Reality TV culture character. And by the way Hillary is pretty much so too.
So the public will get what they want regardless of the outcome.
The US president and this whole "official" government is acting in some virtual reality which is loosely connected to real world anyways. So lets by some pop-corn, lay back in our recliners and enjoy the show!!!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
WaltLongmire

7/22/2016  6:20 PM
meloanyk wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:He's more than just a show man. Show man doesn't win the Republican nomination with record numbers. He wins using common sense in mostly everything he does. Common sense something Americans have been calling for from our politicians for a long time and Hillary Clinton desperately lacks.

Sure, if you ignore all the lies.

guns, what common sense policies has he proposed? I literally can't find anything concrete

And I feel like he won the republican nomination cause the rest of the group was a clown show, that's not achievement to hang your hat on.

The specifics will be argued during the debates. Haven't heard much from Hillary either other than the usual petty media stuff the media digs up to deflect.

Yeah Trump gave us some ideas...

Cut taxes for the rich...build a lot of stuff trains/walls/ (no mention of Mexico paying for anything last night)...conquer outer space...publicly execute his rival, and lots of other stuff that he will do immediately as Emperor President.

Maybe put some money toward his buddy Peter Thiel's Seasteads...

One of the most unsettling speeches I have heard, and his speechwriter toned it down for the most part.

He should have played the "Governor" on The Walking Dead...perfect role for him.

Classic 20th century dictator stuff from him.

Stretching it a bit but I saw some disturbing parallels to speeches at the rally grounds but we do have more checks and balances. He doesn't surface without the climate created over the last few years

The "climate" was created by people on the right who could not accept the fact that a black man was leader of the nation. The obstructionism began almost immediately. What other President has been called a liar, out loud, by a congressman at a state of the union address.

Trump does not seem to understand the checks and balances concept...and my girlfriend, who teaches Am. History, goes crazy when he states categorically that he will do this or that on his own.

There was an attempt to reach out yesterday, but that was overshadowed by the tone.

I was very surprised that he spoke in the tone he did yesterday, especially since it was in stark contrast to his daughter's somewhat Democratic speech. Just a very strange speech.

My greatest fear is that there will be an assassination attempt next week in Philly...I think he's demonized Clinton enough so that an unbalanced person might try to do something. Hope this fear does not play out.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

7/22/2016  6:27 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:He's more than just a show man. Show man doesn't win the Republican nomination with record numbers. He wins using common sense in mostly everything he does. Common sense something Americans have been calling for from our politicians for a long time and Hillary Clinton desperately lacks.

guns, what common sense policies has he proposed? I literally can't find anything concrete

And I feel like he won the republican nomination cause the rest of the group was a clown show, that's not achievement to hang your hat on.

The specifics will be argued during the debates. Haven't heard much from Hillary either other than the usual petty media stuff the media digs up to deflect.

Lot of crying today, I think some here need a good group hug . They forgot that Trump said he loves them

Talk about an unconventional convention. For him to end the speech with "God bless you and goodnight! I love you!" instead of the now customary "God bless you, and God Bless (the United States of) America" ... wow. Strangely personal way to say "peace out". Goes along with an appeal to personality versus policy IMHO.

That's what's fascinating about this whole thing. That people don't find his personality abhorrent. It's confounding.

Yup...

Found a good Vanity Fair article from 1990 on him, by the way...might share it. Does not look very good as a person. Has his son, Don Jr., calling him out as a father, by the way. Not finished with it yet.

Just a question- did you hear any of his children actually mention or give credit to their mothers in their speeches? The GF and I cannot recall them doing it.

WaltLongmire

7/22/2016  6:29 PM
holfresh wrote:

He means "fit."
Knickoftime

7/22/2016  6:33 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Lot of crying today, I think some here need a good group hug . They forgot that Trump said he loves them

Talk about an unconventional convention. For him to end the speech with "God bless you and goodnight! I love you!" instead of the now customary "God bless you, and God Bless (the United States of) America" ... wow. Strangely personal way to say "peace out". Goes along with an appeal to personality versus policy IMHO.

That's what's fascinating about this whole thing. That people don't find his personality abhorrent. It's confounding.

Yup...

Found a good Vanity Fair article from 1990 on him, by the way...might share it. Does not look very good as a person. Has his son, Don Jr., calling him out as a father, by the way. Not finished with it yet.

Just a question- did you hear any of his children actually mention or give credit to their mothers in their speeches? The GF and I cannot recall them doing it.

I don't recall to be honest.

His snubbing of his daughter Tiffany probably made her feel wonderful, however.

But she is the least attractive, so his oversight was understandable in trumpian terms.

holfresh
Member: #1081

7/22/2016  6:40 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:

He means "fit."

Thus the humor..
WaltLongmire

7/22/2016  6:41 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
meloanyk wrote:Shooting at a Munich Mall playing right into Trump's emphasis that he is the Law and Order candidate that will keep America safe. Wouldn't be surprised if there are calls for the USA Freedom Act and powers of NSA to be expanded

We might be on the brink of a major world war. The thought of Hillary leading us gets scarier each day while the current administration tells us we are safer than we've ever been and focus on trivial domestic issues.

Might be overstating things. A world war means nations vs nation. The most powerful nations are against the terrorists.

Would love the U.N. to get involved and some kind of world force created to take out certain groups.

You are aware, by the way, that this might not have taken place if Bush had not invaded Iraq and his man Brenner had not disbanded the Iraqi army. But some seem happy to forget the past.

One of the reasons why Isis has been more effective in more traditional warfare and actually taken territory is that there is a core of former Iraqi soldiers who have helped them become a legitimate fighting force. Also makes them easier to find, in some ways.

The nations of the Middle East should really be the ones to deal with them, but we know this will probably not happen.

And sorry...you would not want Trump over Hillary in this kind of conflict.

WaltLongmire

7/22/2016  6:45 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:I 100% believe Mark Cuban nailed it. Trump's ideal situation is to lose the election and look like a good guy and patriot and potentially boost his net by 10x. It fits. No way Trump wants this job, he just wants to win, be POTUS and win. Also he wants to people to recognize he won.

Wow what a conspiracy. This one can't be topped

Go back to his son asking Kasich to be his VP. Trump will be a figurehead, somewhat like Reagan was, and more so like Bush Jr., who was manipulated by Cheney and the other "Chicken Hawks" until it was too late.

Trump wants the trappings of the Presidency...not the work it involves.

WaltLongmire

7/22/2016  6:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:

He means "fit."

Thus the humor..

But I hear that he does have very nice feet.
WaltLongmire

7/22/2016  6:48 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yup...

I don't recall to be honest.

His snubbing of his daughter Tiffany probably made her feel wonderful, however.

But she is the least attractive, so his oversight was understandable in trumpian terms.

The Tiffany snub was strange...I was told that they really don't have much contact with each other, but don't have info on this.
Knickoftime

7/22/2016  6:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2016  6:57 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:The "climate" was created by people on the right who could not accept the fact that a black man was leader of the nation.

Yes.

There are of course genuine problems. But there always are.

Of course I didn't live through the Cuban missile crisis and the Vietman war or the civil rights protests and the assassinations but I know those who did. No memories of Watergate.

As a young child I probably became most aware of the world outside the US with the Iran hostage crisis. My older brother and I used to sell coffee and dunkin donuts to people in the gas lines.

In the earlier half of the 80s the fear of nuclear war was genuine. The HIV scare was a very real cultural experience.

To this day I still associate the sound of helicopters flying overhead with those eery first nights after 9/11 (for anyone who lived in or around NYC).

As a new father in 2008 I really worried when we'd reach the bottom of the economic collapse.

Today's 'climate' is backward wish fulfillment, confirmation bias and self-fulling prophecy. [Some] people were/are so invested in the country going to hell under Obama, that human nature dictated they create their own reality so they were wrong and therefore prejudice.

So long as we convince ourselves the U.S. is in shambles, we can let ourselves off the hook for assuming it would be and what that means.

holfresh
Member: #1081

7/22/2016  7:17 PM
David Duke is so happy to see Donald Trump gain traction with the platform he has been an advocate of for many years that he now decides to run for the Senate..

Knickoftime

7/22/2016  8:58 PM
meloanyk wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:Prediction: Ivanka Trump runs for public office someday... as a democrat.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/donald-trumps-kids-donate-to-democrats/

And? You do realize that career politicians have changed parties. Ronnie Reagan being one

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/22/ivanka-trump-spoke-like-a-democrat-and-republicans-absolutely-loved-it/

arkrud
USA
7/22/2016  9:38 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:

He means "fit."

Thus the humor..

But I hear that he does have very nice feet.

Is his feet fit in the shoes of president? We are going to see... :)

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
7/22/2016  9:43 PM
holfresh wrote:David Duke is so happy to see Donald Trump gain traction with the platform he has been an advocate of for many years that he now decides to run for the Senate..

This what I am talking about...
If we will keep rocking the ship the sharks are waiting for free lunch...

WaltLongmire

7/23/2016  1:05 AM
Another one...happened in June, but a newspaper showed it for the first time recently.

Hard to believe this stuff...suppose that technology has lifted up a rock and exposed certain things, but some of this stuff is ridiculous.

WaltLongmire

7/23/2016  1:10 AM
holfresh wrote:David Duke is so happy to see Donald Trump gain traction with the platform he has been an advocate of for many years that he now decides to run for the Senate..

I thought it was Andy Warhol at first.
OT: Melo Steps Forward

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy