WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

7/5/2016  9:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We could get Derrick Williams too but he's going to have to sign the sane exact contact as Lance Thomas.

We renounced his rights so I don't think we can do that. I might be wrong but I think he is gone.

We did? I thought we only renounced Galloway

Mathematically, starting with Jennings and all our capholds, I think we might be able to keep DWill.

Assume we renounce everyone but DWill and Thomas.

Also, we cut both Baker and Plumlee. I don't need their contracts and can use rookie min exceptions to replace them if i want.

$5.28mm caphold for DWill. I want to pay him more though.

$2.127 caphold for Thomas.

Assume will pay $2.85mm of Jenning's salary using the room exception. his under cap salary is $2.15mm.

Basically, under the capholds, I have $10.4m and with these guys I only need 9.55 or so. I can bring Williams up to about 6.1mm and still do all of the above.

At least, that is my take on the numbers. If they can pull sign and trades for Noah (give them something small back), we can cost average down the early years with higher bumps to create more space this year.

I'm not claiming to fully understand the cap, but I don't think we can split the room exception and add more cap room to it for Jennings's deal. I think it has to be pure cap room. Also, don't forget we are using cap room to sign Hernangomez.

edit: Basically I think DWill is totally gone.

Yeah...I think Mindaugas Kuzminskas, as some guys have pointed out, is the new D. Williams.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/5/2016  11:32 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We could get Derrick Williams too but he's going to have to sign the sane exact contact as Lance Thomas.

We renounced his rights so I don't think we can do that. I might be wrong but I think he is gone.

We did? I thought we only renounced Galloway

Mathematically, starting with Jennings and all our capholds, I think we might be able to keep DWill.

Assume we renounce everyone but DWill and Thomas.

Also, we cut both Baker and Plumlee. I don't need their contracts and can use rookie min exceptions to replace them if i want.

$5.28mm caphold for DWill. I want to pay him more though.

$2.127 caphold for Thomas.

Assume will pay $2.85mm of Jenning's salary using the room exception. his under cap salary is $2.15mm.

Basically, under the capholds, I have $10.4m and with these guys I only need 9.55 or so. I can bring Williams up to about 6.1mm and still do all of the above.

At least, that is my take on the numbers. If they can pull sign and trades for Noah (give them something small back), we can cost average down the early years with higher bumps to create more space this year.

I'm not claiming to fully understand the cap, but I don't think we can split the room exception and add more cap room to it for Jennings's deal. I think it has to be pure cap room. Also, don't forget we are using cap room to sign Hernangomez.

edit: Basically I think DWill is totally gone.

Yeah...I think Mindaugas Kuzminskas, as some guys have pointed out, is the new D. Williams.

I guess Mindy is my new main man. My Kuz.

This is the Randle.
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/6/2016  12:51 AM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Hahn on the radio now talking about Justin Holiday. He said he was on the radio with Chicago guys over the weekend and they were raving about Holdiday and couldn;t believe the Bulls gave him up.
I saw a lot of that on the Bull's board also. Took it with a grain of salt, but who knows... maybe he's a late bloomer.

Bazemore was a late bloomer. These guys have to come up through the system playing like Jordan or Westbrook - ball in their hands all the time, acting like they're the star player. I think it can take a while to adjust, recalibrate and realize you have to be a three and D guy to make it.

I think he's a potentially decent piece. We shall see.

It'd be good to have Galloway back so we have a little more depth at guard. I'd even like Sasha V back.

yup! I like LG's story but I just think he's pretty limited as a BB player in this league. Of course if he can get that 3point shot fixed I will change my tune, but 2nd half of last year he was a broken player. I think Sasha is better fit who can have an impact in spot minutes on both sides of the floor. Either or both would be good for me.

you are right. LG is limited. a hustler, but limited. LOVED THE HUSTLE. Thank you LG. You gave it your best.

Sasha - boy, talk about limited.

Would rather neither.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/6/2016  12:54 AM
Roster
Noah/OQuinn/Hernangomez
Porzingis/Thomas
Melo/Kuzminskas
Lee/Holiday/Vujacic (I sense we will sign Sasha)
Rose/Jennings
2 playees from summer league team make it.

Rotation

Noah/Porzingis
Porzingis/Thomas
Melo/Kuzminskas
Lee/Holiday/Rose
Rose/Jennings

Caseloads
7/6/2016  12:54 AM
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:The Team:

PF: Kristaps Porzingis
SF: Carmelo Anthony
C : Joakim Noah
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Courtney Lee

Bench
1. Lance Thomas
2. Brandon Jennings
3. Justin Holiday
4. Langston Galloway (not yet signed)
5. Willy Hermangomez
6. Mindaugas Kuzminskas
7. Marshall Plumlee (not yet signed)
8. Chasson Randle (not yet signed)
9. Ron Baker (not yet signed)
10. Kyle Oquinn

Bring on the season!

Like it!

Hoping to see these guys here, if not some upgrades. Would like one more seasoned big - Jason Thompson is a favorite of mine and would be great here; and a seasoned vet at SG and PG. Who is left at the guard spots?

Caseloads
7/6/2016  12:56 AM
Not sure why most here loved D. Will. I think he was over rated in our appreciation. He did bring the bounce.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/6/2016  1:39 AM
Caseloads wrote:Not sure why most here loved D. Will. I think he was over rated in our appreciation. He did bring the bounce.

And he was the only one getting easy buckets!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/6/2016  6:16 AM
Caseloads wrote:
martin wrote:

Bench
1. Lance Thomas
2. Brandon Jennings
3. Justin Holiday
5. Willy Hermangomez
6. Mindaugas Kuzminskas
10. Kyle Oquinn

Bring on the season!

Like it!

Hoping to see these guys here, if not some upgrades. Would like one more seasoned big - Jason Thompson is a favorite of mine and would be great here; and a seasoned vet at SG and PG. Who is left at the guard spots?

Holiday is a young veteran at SG and Jennings the same at PG. I guess it depends on if they value the guys at summer league and if they can get better players with the minimum.

I do think we need to keep Plumlee. He is a young big that could help our bench. An experienced big to backup is Oquinn right now, but he can be traded to upgrade. Although, Im curious about him playing under Hornaceck. He didn't look as bad in his last team as he did last year...

Knicks_Fan
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/6/2016  11:32 AM
blkexec wrote:
Caseloads wrote:Not sure why most here loved D. Will. I think he was over rated in our appreciation. He did bring the bounce.

And with Coach Jeff and DRose running it, there should be a ton more opportunities for easy buckets! Last year DWill was a difference maker in too many games to just let him walk. Let the rebirth continue...

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/6/2016  11:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2016  11:35 AM
jrodmc wrote:
blkexec wrote:

And with Coach Jeff and DRose running it, there should be a ton more opportunities for easy buckets! Last year DWill was a difference maker in too many games to just let him walk. Let the rebirth continue...

I remember quite a few games where he was the only guy getting to the FT line. I would've liked to keep him...

Come to think of it... has he signed anywhere yet? Maybe Knicks are trying to move KOQ to bring back DWill?

¿ △ ?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/6/2016  12:06 PM
Caseloads wrote:
martin wrote:

Bench
1. Lance Thomas
2. Brandon Jennings
3. Justin Holiday
5. Willy Hermangomez
6. Mindaugas Kuzminskas
10. Kyle Oquinn

Bring on the season!

Like it!

I agree. I like what we are doing, but we have a few too many unproven, underdrafted players. Need to add a couple cheap vets to round out the roster. I love everything that we are doing though. We have a win-now group, but also have some young guys and took a flyer on a couple international guys to develop. Having all of our picks going into next year allows to us develop from within and find eventual replacements for our older starters. But our veteran starting 5 (minus KP) and our young bench rotation really gives us a great combination. We are going to be much more athletic and fun to watch for sure.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/6/2016  1:29 PM
Rose
Lee
Melo
KP
Noah

Jennings
Holiday
Thomas
Willy G
KOQ

Handle
Baker
Lithuania guy
New PF
Plumlee

Anything can happen with this team honestly. We could be a lottery team or a top 3 team in the East. Let's hope for the latter.

The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
7/6/2016  5:20 PM
At this point, with Galloway going to New Orleans, it looks like our rotation is set. I doubt we add anymore rotation pieces.

Noah, Porzingis, Melo, Lee, and Rose are the obvious starting 5.

Jennings, Holiday, Thomas, Kuzminskas, and O'Quinn will be the bench rotation. Willy may eventually take over for O'Quinn, but probably not right away.

Rounding out spots 11-15 will be Willy, a vet big (maybe Amundson will be back), a 3rd string PG (Ronnie Price, Steve Blake? Maybe Randle ends up being that guy), i bet Baker makes the roster also, and the 15th spot might be left vacant to keep options open, like in the past.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/12/2016  12:04 PM
Update...

What's David Lee up to these days?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
7/12/2016  12:16 PM
EnySpree wrote:Update...

What's David Lee up to these days?

Would absolutely love to have him. He would be a great 3rd big man here and would bring instant offense off the bench alongside Jennings. I think he will wait until other teams spend their cap space, but if teams only offer him the vet minimum, i would think he would favor an opportunity to return to the Knicks. I expect he will at least get the room exception from some team (2.9mil) but i hope i'm wrong and he's available for us. Phil will likely let the market settle and grab the best big man left for the minimum who should have an opportunity to beat out O'Quinn for minutes. Time will tell. O'Quinn should be fine, but we absolutely need another reliable vet big man.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/12/2016  12:48 PM
Simmons talking Knicks at the 29minute mark of this podcast -

https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-109-nba-free-agency-reaction-pod-with-joe-house

He's relatively positive about the moves, while still talking some pot shots at them of course. But he says he will probably watch them a lot this season and likes the Brandon Jennings moves a lot. Says Courtney Lee deal was very good value.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/12/2016  2:09 PM
its a versatile roster.

We are no longer built (or depending on) one guy. We don't need Noah and Rose to play 80 games and be all stars. Give me 65 games and be ready for the playoffs and we are in great shape.

Cant wait to see KP+Willy play together. What a cool thing to see two kids, best buds from the Spanish league not only playing for the Knicks but potentially huge parts of the future. With KP's range and Willy's fervor for playing in the post they have really nice complimentary skill sets. Kuz is a nice two year pickup. I just really like the mix of young players, hungry vets with something to prove, we have nice depth... PHil was patient, drafted well when the team was terrible, added good contracts, flipped those into higher impact players and we have excellent flexibility moving forward.

Best of all we have a bunch of hungry guys with TALENT who WANT to be Knicks. Well that's new!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/12/2016  2:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:At this point, with Galloway going to New Orleans, it looks like our rotation is set. I doubt we add anymore rotation pieces.

Jennings, Holiday, Thomas, Kuzminskas, and O'Quinn will be the bench rotation. Willy may eventually take over for O'Quinn, but probably not right away.

Rounding out spots 11-15 will be Willy, a vet big (maybe Amundson will be back), a 3rd string PG (Ronnie Price, Steve Blake? Maybe Randle ends up being that guy), i bet Baker makes the roster also, and the 15th spot might be left vacant to keep options open, like in the past.

Plumlee is on the roster at the moment.

Knixkik
USA
7/12/2016  3:46 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Knixkik wrote:At this point, with Galloway going to New Orleans, it looks like our rotation is set. I doubt we add anymore rotation pieces.

Plumlee is on the roster at the moment.

That is correct. When i wrote that back on july 6, he wasn't signed yet.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

7/12/2016  4:08 PM
Spencer Dinwiddie/Christian Wood or Cat Barber/Wood and I'm good. And if we can't get Wood (say he's already got a handshake with the Sixers), give me those 2 guards: Dinwiddie/Barber.
2016/17 Knicks team is taking shape

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy