[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah is a Knick
Author Thread
ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

7/2/2016  1:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2016  1:28 AM
That's one of the ugliest shooting forms I have ever seen.

Hope he becomes our Oak II. The first one also came from Chicago.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/2/2016  3:24 AM
To the people complaining, look at all the other contracts signed- which would you rather have done (and that the players would have been willing to come to NY)? Dwight? Mosgov? Whiteside wanted to stay with Miami. If we'd kept Lopez, what PG would you have signed? (Conely wanted to stay with Griz, Lin wanted to be reunites with his favourite coach and be the focal point of a team).
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/2/2016  4:42 AM
smackeddog wrote:To the people complaining, look at all the other contracts signed- which would you rather have done (and that the players would have been willing to come to NY)? Dwight? Mosgov? Whiteside wanted to stay with Miami. If we'd kept Lopez, what PG would you have signed? (Conely wanted to stay with Griz, Lin wanted to be reunites with his favourite coach and be the focal point of a team).

Yeah so far so good... the Knicks did what they had to do so far... it ain't over either

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/2/2016  6:56 AM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:To the people complaining, look at all the other contracts signed- which would you rather have done (and that the players would have been willing to come to NY)? Dwight? Mosgov? Whiteside wanted to stay with Miami. If we'd kept Lopez, what PG would you have signed? (Conely wanted to stay with Griz, Lin wanted to be reunites with his favourite coach and be the focal point of a team).

Yeah so far so good... the Knicks did what they had to do so far... it ain't over either

I don't see how anyone views this deal as good. At his age and injury history, how do you go such big money and for four years.

I think the difference in those who hate the deals and those who love the deals is our perspective on when we should be aiming to build a team. Everyone who loves the deal is thinking this is the year. And those who hate the deal are looking out 2-5 years as when we need to be working towards.

MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
7/2/2016  10:12 AM
I'm torn on this. I really like Noah as a player. My concern, more than the health, is what does this mean next summer when Rose expires? If we are in position to dump Rose for Westbrook (which is primarily how I justified the trade in my head), will that leave our new center disgruntled?

Otherwise, Noah is the perfect C to pair with KP and still run some triangle.

After yesterday's chaos, I just couldn't see a scenario where he didn't get that 4th year.

CashMoney
Member: #3374
USA
7/2/2016  10:14 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:I'm torn on this. I really like Noah as a player. My concern, more than the health, is what does this mean next summer when Rose expires? If we are in position to dump Rose for Westbrook (which is primarily how I justified the trade in my head), will that leave our new center disgruntled?

After yesterday's chaos, I just couldn't see a scenario where he didn't get that 4th year.

I think Noah wanted to come to New York and Rose being here is an added bonus. I think Noah knows this is a business before anything and if Rose is not a Knick after this season and is replaced with Westbrook how can he be made at a better chance of winning?

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/2/2016  10:20 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:I'm torn on this. I really like Noah as a player. My concern, more than the health, is what does this mean next summer when Rose expires? If we are in position to dump Rose for Westbrook (which is primarily how I justified the trade in my head), will that leave our new center disgruntled?

Noah has been a Knicks fan since he was a kid. I highly doubt he would be disgruntled with letting Rose leave if they do that. He has to know its a risk considering the length of his contract.

Knicks_Fan
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2016  11:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2016  11:47 AM

Agreed....Those who complain about the Noah signing or the Rose never offer any feasible or better alternatives.....Take a look at whats going on in L.A and in Boston, 2 of the most storied franchises in the NBA....Knicks had to be proactive and the Rose Trade was a good gamble IMO...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2016  11:43 AM
franco12 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I don't see how anyone views this deal as good. At his age and injury history, how do you go such big money and for four years.

I think the difference in those who hate the deals and those who love the deals is our perspective on when we should be aiming to build a team. Everyone who loves the deal is thinking this is the year. And those who hate the deal are looking out 2-5 years as when we need to be working towards.

Answer me this...Did you honestly believe the Knicks were/are building for 3-5 yrs down the road after resigning Melo and hiring Phil?

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
7/2/2016  3:39 PM
franco12 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

it's a good deal if for no other reason than that he is the perfect mentor for kp6. as it so happens he is a superb passer, a high motor, a high character guy, an eager defender, and a leader. even hurt he is part of culture change. even if he's hurt he will have a positive influence on the team. the knicks have lacked leadership and is one reason why they continually have imploded.

he's the perfect guy to be an interim/transition player as the knicks slowly build towards being a contender.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/3/2016  6:57 AM
For those worried about Noah's contract long term:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus about 1 hour ago
Also - for those worried about cap room in 2017/18 - could be another amnesty clause . . .

So if Rose and Noah are done, one is on the last year of his deal and the other could possibly be amnestied if this is true. Pincus is a NBA Capologist who writes for the LA Times and BasketballInsiders.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/3/2016  4:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/joakim-noah-offered-to-give-phil-jackson-pull-ups-on-his-arm-to-prove-his-health-213851907.html

This makes me feel better about Noah's shoulder. Hope his knees hold up too.

Jackson said at some point earlier this spring he had a chance encounter with his new center. “I ran into him on the streets of New York City. Just accidental — he’s out and he’s an active guy. So he wanted me to do a pull up on his arm to demonstrate that his shoulder’s in fine shape. I refused.” Jackson joked that the meeting helped ease his mind about Noah’s health.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/3/2016  4:47 PM
Pau maybe taking a two year deal, add much as I like Noah, I think a two year deal on either of them would have been far more reasonable approach
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/3/2016  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2016  4:49 PM
Welpee wrote:For those worried about Noah's contract long term:
Eric Pincus
Also - for those worried about cap room in 2017/18 - could be another amnesty clause . . .

So if Rose and Noah are done, one is on the last year of his deal and the other could possibly be amnestied if this is true. Pincus is a NBA Capologist who writes for the LA Times and BasketballInsiders.com

Let's amnesty Melo by all means.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/3/2016  4:51 PM
Welpee wrote:For those worried about Noah's contract long term:
Eric Pincus

Possible. After this season either side can opt out of the current CBA.

Both sides would have a tough court of public opinion case to make because of the money, but the players did give 6% of revenue in the last deal going from 57% to 51% because the owners cried poverty. Since then you've had the new TV deal and clubs being sold for record prices.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/25/2017  7:54 AM
Interesting to see most here realized this was a bad gamble
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/25/2017  8:06 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Welcome. One of the best defensive bigs, great mobility and motor. He is a much better talent than Lopez. The main thing will be whether he has a healthy stretch with the team or not. What I do know is that he will give a 100 percent. Chemistry wise him and Rose have it big time. May make Rose's transition to the Knicks easier.

As I said a year ago main thing is if he is healthy which he was not.
Sucks.
He needs to have a healthy season.

KP said that Noah is the vocal leader the team needed but he was not healthy enough to be there enough.

Noah is a Knick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy