[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Evan Turner expects to meet with Knicks
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/30/2016  3:16 PM
I like Evan Turner. He can't shoot 3s, but he does everything else at a high level. And he could start next to Rose, but also play the point in the event Rose is out.

I would not be opposed, if the price is right.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2016  3:18 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:so being that Hornacek is a 3 ball coach, who have we gotten to help with that?

Turner shot 24% from deep last year.

Ron Baker

maybe he can team up with Jimmer, Nate Walters and the great Andy Rautins

Nice list. You have to cross Rautins off as he broke his hip and is rehabbing here.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/30/2016  3:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:I like Evan Turner. He can't shoot 3s, but he does everything else at a high level. And he could start next to Rose, but also play the point in the event Rose is out.

I disagree.. he's a solid defender. He moves the ball on offense but he's just a low impact player. Around Bradly and Thomas he was always defended by the weakest player. Good lunch pail guy, but he's going to be exposed (as I believe he has been in the past) if asked to take a bigger role. 7th guy around higher talent player, spot starter, cheap contract = great... core guy, big offseason acquisition, high expectations = terrible. Just my two cents
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
6/30/2016  3:30 PM
turner would be a great acquisition. he and lance thomas would be a great defensive presence on the wings. rose doesn't defend worth shyte so we need a good defender in the backcourt. rose is not a good playmaker or orchestrator or pick and roll guard. turner would take up the slack that rose creates.

rose is a one year audition anyway.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2016  3:31 PM
I think the Wolves are interested in Lance. Hopefully the Knicks bring him back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/30/2016  3:31 PM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I like Evan Turner. He can't shoot 3s, but he does everything else at a high level. And he could start next to Rose, but also play the point in the event Rose is out.

I disagree.. he's a solid defender. He moves the ball on offense but he's just a low impact player. Around Bradly and Thomas he was always defended by the weakest player. Good lunch pail guy, but he's going to be exposed (as I believe he has been in the past) if asked to take a bigger role. 7th guy around higher talent player, spot starter, cheap contract = great... core guy, big offseason acquisition, high expectations = terrible. Just my two cents

That may be fair - I know he didn't do well in Indiana. I saw him play last season for the Celtics and it seemed like he'd gotten a lot better. He's got that pullup mid-range game that does well in the Triangle. And his ability to run the point, or at least run some plays, gives me a little relief about leaning so heavily on Rose.

¿ △ ?
callmened
Member: #4234

6/30/2016  3:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  9:00 PM
Why are we investing in a shooting guard who can't shoot
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
wargames
Member: #6053

6/30/2016  3:38 PM
If the idea is to make him part of the bench, he alongside a guy like Jamal Crawford would work pretty well.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/30/2016  3:49 PM
callmened wrote:Why are we investin in a shooting guard who can't shoot

in this scenario, does having a meeting = investin?

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/30/2016  4:09 PM
wargames wrote:If the idea is to make him part of the bench, he alongside a guy like Jamal Crawford would work pretty well.

Agreed I don't think you sign turner as a starter and crawfish would be great off the bench

Noah,willy,oquinn
KP,dwill,oquinn
Melo,turner,early
Gordon,craw,holiday
Rose,Galloway,turner

If healthy awesome team Gordon can be had cheap on a 1 year and fits as a three point threat he can also get to the hoop craw wants to come back could be had cheap vet contract

That would be quite a victory off season

If Gordon and Rose don't work bye bye next year. Hello good draft pick and lots of $$ for free agents next year

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/30/2016  4:38 PM
mreinman wrote:so being that Hornacek is a 3 ball coach, who have we gotten to help with that?

Turner shot 24% from deep last year.

You do know free agency hasn't started yet right??

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/30/2016  4:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  4:46 PM

I'm also a E.Turner fan and while i wouldn't mind it if we signed him, i'd rather we get a 3-D player for the starting SG spot. I would absolutely love to have E.Turner as our 6th man and he can play 3 positions and defend well.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/30/2016  4:49 PM

This....Turner is more a playmaker than an actual shooting guard. Can handle it, passes well, has BB smarts and can hit the mid range jumper in the...Wait for it....TRIANGLE...With that said, its just a meeting so need for some of us to go off the deep end.

wargames
Member: #6053

6/30/2016  4:53 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

I'm also a E.Turner fan and while i wouldn't mind it if we signed him, i'd rather we get a 3-D player for the starting SG spot. I would absolutely love to have E.Turner as our 6th man and he can play 3 positions and defend well.

I was actually thinking if the knicks could come out of FA with Lee and Turner that would be pretty impressive and likely a lot more cost efficient than chasing a lot of the other SG's who are FA this year.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fishmike
USA
6/30/2016  4:57 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:

That may be fair - I know he didn't do well in Indiana. I saw him play last season for the Celtics and it seemed like he'd gotten a lot better. He's got that pullup mid-range game that does well in the Triangle. And his ability to run the point, or at least run some plays, gives me a little relief about leaning so heavily on Rose.

He's really smart. Like the Kurt Thomas of guards. When Kurt is around guys like Ewing and LJ he's really good. When Kurt is your starting center next to Othello and Spoon its not going to go well as we know. Now when we had Kurt cheap you love everything about him. See Turner the same way. Would you give Kurt big money? There is a point in role/responsibility/contract slash line where those types are just diminishing returns the more you ask of them.

Now if he was hoping for big money, whiffs, and the Knicks land him on a one year rental for cheap and sell him on a roll playing around stars and he will look great? DREAM. He would be an absolute dream off the bench. Not a guy Im dishing out a "get him here" type of deal for

fishmike
USA
6/30/2016  4:58 PM
look at the difference in athetecism between Turner and Bazemore. Thats what Bazemore is in the Demar Carrol zone (at least) and Turner will be getting $14mm for the Kings
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

6/30/2016  5:01 PM
Really Like Turner's game, but you can't afford to have a backcourt of him and Rose who both don't shoot it from 3 well. You won't be able to space the court and defenders will be sagging daring them to shoot from the outside.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/30/2016  5:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He's really smart. Like the Kurt Thomas of guards. When Kurt is around guys like Ewing and LJ he's really good. When Kurt is your starting center next to Othello and Spoon its not going to go well as we know. Now when we had Kurt cheap you love everything about him. See Turner the same way. Would you give Kurt big money? There is a point in role/responsibility/contract slash line where those types are just diminishing returns the more you ask of them.

Now if he was hoping for big money, whiffs, and the Knicks land him on a one year rental for cheap and sell him on a roll playing around stars and he will look great? DREAM. He would be an absolute dream off the bench. Not a guy Im dishing out a "get him here" type of deal for

14 mil is cheap under this new salary cap era we are entering...there rumors that Ryan Anderson may land close to 20 mil per...Marvin Williams may get 17 mil....if we continue with the 2012 way of thinking and low ball these FAs, we will be left at the altar holding our

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/30/2016  5:58 PM
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:

14 mil is cheap under this new salary cap era we are entering...there rumors that Ryan Anderson may land close to 20 mil per...Marvin Williams may get 17 mil....if we continue with the 2012 way of thinking and low ball these FAs, we will be left at the altar holding our

There is no free lunch in the NBA CBA.

The idea that you can use the increased cap to build a deeper roster of talent without escalation of salaries is fundamentally flawed and illogical.

There is a finite talent tool in the NBA and 30 teams not only compelled to compete for the premium talent but required to significantly raise their payroll. That creates market forces which escalate salaries.

It's literally impossible that this does not occur.

fishmike
USA
6/30/2016  6:32 PM
uptown if guys are getting the money you mentioned than GREAT. That means the Knick's $18mm will go a long way when everyone else is capped out
Evan Turner expects to meet with Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy