[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency Thread: Vertical is doing a live free agency show starting at 11:30 tonight
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2016  1:28 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:moz close at 4 x 65
Noah's deal not looking too bad.

yes it is

there are other ways to spend money and more options

Such as?

Trevor Booker, Thomas Robinson, Terrance Jones, Etwaun Moore, Zaza, Mahimi. and more. Then you will likely have the free up cap space trades that will go down. Maybe you pick up a Lamb, Kufos, and etc.

I think Moore might get paid. Not a great list in my opinion. A couple of my friends are really big (longtime) net fans. They are pretty meh on Robinson.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2016  1:29 AM
EnySpree wrote:These guys just praised the Mosgov deal and are very hesitant to praise the Knicks....

KP, Melo, Noah, Rose and Courtney Lee.... on paper that group should easily gel. nice balance.... health makes a play in every teams success. The knicks would be very good if we end up with this group

Based on Moz's character and work ethic. 64 mil. Crazy.
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2016  1:31 AM
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/1/2016  1:32 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

yes it is

Such as?

Trevor Booker, Thomas Robinson, Terrance Jones, Etwaun Moore, Zaza, Mahimi. and more. Then you will likely have the free up cap space trades that will go down. Maybe you pick up a Lamb, Kufos, and etc.

Golden State wants veteran names.

Spurs signed Aldridge last year and are looking for veteran names.

OKC wants Horford.

Boston desperately wants a veteran name.

Houston is always chasing veteran names.

Dallas too.

Chicago too.

What organization out there including the top well-run ones are trying to load up with cheap D-listers?

And if the answer is none, why not?

Those franchises can do that. The lone exception is Dallas but they have a really great coach. Portland did it last year and look at what they can do this year.

What can they do this year?

They have a max slot available if they renounce Henderson, Kaman, and Roberts. They have even more money or the 10yr max if they let go of one of their restricted FAs. They have options on a playoff team.

The way things are going for the knicks is that they will not have a 10 yr max slot if they use all their space on Noah/lee and then go over the cap to sign Gallo/Thomas.

Lee is a pros pro but so was AA. Lee is just another version of a average tto below average player who will be north of 30 soon. Teams found it hard to keep Lee when he was on a reasonable contract but I guess he is a new player now.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2016  1:33 AM
EnySpree wrote:These guys just praised the Mosgov deal and are very hesitant to praise the Knicks....

KP, Melo, Noah, Rose and Courtney Lee.... on paper that group should easily gel. nice balance.... health makes a play in every teams success. The knicks would be very good if we end up with this group

I think that's a solid group. Noah and Lee are unselfish players that know their role. I think the flow should be excellent as you have NBA Vets who are very professional and know how to play winning basketball. You can trust these players to know what to do. With JH coaching it should be really good.

They say Austin Rivers is being looked at tomorrow for backup PG.

yellowboy90

7/1/2016  1:34 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

yes it is

Such as?

I think Moore might get paid. Not a great list in my opinion. A couple of my friends are really big (longtime) net fans. They are pretty meh on Robinson.

That's why you buy low and long to see what happens. If the guy can stick to PnR finishes he might turn his career around because his rebounding is crazy good.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2016  1:35 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

IMO resigning Lance would be HUGE!!! He was so important last year and when he went down it killed out chances. He's just a very good team player and I want him back. People can have doubts about this team but they should have a nice deep roster next year if Phil can get his guys back and add a few better pieces.

CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2016  1:36 AM
nixluva wrote:

I think that's a solid group. Noah and Lee are unselfish players that know their role. I think the flow should be excellent as you have NBA Vets who are very professional and know how to play winning basketball. You can trust these players to know what to do. With JH coaching it should be really good.

They say Austin Rivers is being looked at tomorrow for backup PG.

A one and one deal might be smart for Rivers. He probably puts up big numbers for Hornacek and then could revisit the market.
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2016  1:38 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

yes it is

Such as?

That's why you buy low and long to see what happens. If the guy can stick to PnR finishes he might turn his career around because his rebounding is crazy good.

Nets aren't bringing him back and they are rumored to be trying to sign everyone. Robinson and Larkin are not being pursued.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/1/2016  1:38 AM
Ok I'm confused. We had a center who was not injury prone at 13 million per year whose production is the same as Noah's. So we trade him and replace him with someone who's probably going to give us the same production over 4 years considering age / injuries etc.
and we sign an injury prone point guard albeit for one season. Could we have kept Lopez and signed Bradley Beal at 20 or 25 million per? Isn't that a better combo of guard and center than rose and Noah?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
yellowboy90

7/1/2016  1:39 AM
The least PHil could do is either claim Christian Wood off waivers or sign him to a 3yr vet min deal. I do not understand why the knicks did not sign their UDFA to longer deals with partial guarantees just in case they strike gold.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/1/2016  1:44 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Ok I'm confused. We had a center who was not injury prone at 13 million per year whose production is the same as Noah's. So we trade him and replace him with someone who's probably going to give us the same production over 4 years considering age / injuries etc.
and we sign an injury prone point guard albeit for one season. Could we have kept Lopez and signed Bradley Beal at 20 or 25 million per? Isn't that a better combo of guard and center than rose and Noah?

Well, for one, Beal was a restricted free agent. And given Washington is giving him the max proactively, it doesn't take much deductive reasoning to work out what would have have happened if the Knicks signed him to a max offer sheet.

In fact, since they could only sign him for 4 years with lower raises and Washington could give him 5 with higher raises, it's 100% certain he never even signs the offer sheet.

CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2016  1:46 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Ok I'm confused. We had a center who was not injury prone at 13 million per year whose production is the same as Noah's. So we trade him and replace him with someone who's probably going to give us the same production over 4 years considering age / injuries etc.

The Knicks trade for Rose and Beal resigned with his team so no.

Cartman718

7/1/2016  1:49 AM
Ok and there's no one else in the market that we could have had at 72 mill? I'm trying to understand why Noah for 4 years at that. Why not someone like mozzy or biyombo or even Dwight Howard for that matter as much as I hate him.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/1/2016  2:06 AM
Well Melo's contract suddenly looks a hell of a lot better in this cap :-)

I get the logic with Noah though. The Knicks obviously think he can stay healthy, and I'd be inclined to go with that over Howard, who probably costs more, over a player with no track record like Biyambo, and over Mozgov who simply isn't that good provided that the contract is insurable. Going into the free agent market means you pay free agent market prices. It's no fun, but I appreciate the swing and I think Lee and Noah are the right players to after given the other players on the team.

Cartman718

7/1/2016  2:12 AM
The Knicks thinking he can stay healthy has nothing to do with reality. They obviously didn't think that with Rose so what suddenly changed in terms of Noah assessment?
y2zipper

7/1/2016  2:17 AM
Cartman718 wrote:The Knicks thinking he can stay healthy has nothing to do with reality. They obviously didn't think that with Rose so what suddenly changed in terms of Noah assessment?

Rose has injuries to the extent that no player in NBA history has ever come back to form from them and the Knicks won't make a long-term commitment to him because they don't have to.

I was simply making the observation that if the contract is medically insurable, then there's a reasonable chance that Noah will stay healthy and that I understand why the Knicks would take that risk. I'd retract that if I read otherwise, like with the Beal deal.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/1/2016  2:33 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Ok and there's no one else in the market that we could have had at 72 mill? I'm trying to understand why Noah for 4 years at that. Why not someone like mozzy or biyombo or even Dwight Howard for that matter as much as I hate him.

Mozzy is getting similar money and he's a much worse player who is only a year younger and has injury issues of his own. He played like 10 minutes the entire finals, I liked Moz, and if he was coming cheap I'd love him. But hes making alot of money and he isn't 1/2 the player Noah is.
Cartman718

7/1/2016  2:35 AM
Even if the contract is insured, doesn't it count against the cap?
y2zipper

7/1/2016  2:47 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Even if the contract is insured, doesn't it count against the cap?

It does count against the cap but the medical evaluations make injury less likely than a contract like say Amar'e or Bradley Beal. He might get hurt and the contract is probably a little too long, but this isn't a situation where Noah is so broken down that the team has to pay the contract no matter what.

Free Agency Thread: Vertical is doing a live free agency show starting at 11:30 tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy