Member: #883
6/30/2016  4:21 AM
Means we can 100% rule out Durant- knew that wasn't going to happen
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

6/30/2016  6:34 AM
A lot of the people overjoyed with Noah and Rose were the same ones that criticized Phil for not talking to Thibs. Funny how that works. I don't want our cap tied up with players with high injury risks and that seems to be the path Phil is choosing. I guess MElo and his apologists will have finally run out of excuses. Win or STFU. These deals maybe worth it just for that.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/30/2016  6:56 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Its improbable that Noah will stay away from injury--6 straight seasons with an average of 23 games missed. Its just another Knick move that resembles everything else the Knicks do. The Knicks DO NOT believe in grooming their own players and they have never learned about overpaying older players with injury histories. Noah--take the 20mm and run my friend--I dont blame you--the biggest sckr in NY is James Dolan.

Knicks traded an 8 yr vet and a 11 yr vet for rose. I liked Grant but I try to bounce things off friends that aren't Knick fans and the Grant portion of the trade was a no brainer in the opinion of guys that I watched the draft with. No picks were moved and a second rounder was brought back.

I still think that 14th pick should of come back to us instead the 2nd rounder. We could of grabbed another young guard and the trade would of been even

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

6/30/2016  6:58 AM
callmened wrote:early? baker? plumlee? i doubt those guys make the team.

but yes i agree, noah provides leadership and toughness

They will, our cap room will be gone with the starting 5 alone. We will have a horrid bench with a roster full of broken down players

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

6/30/2016  7:01 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
callmened wrote:i have no problem with the 18 mill. lopez was 14 mill and i think a (healthy) noah is better than lopez. in the new adjusted cap 18 mill is probably the same the old 14 mill. now lets assume noah is healthy (ehhh-- not sure but lets assume), then my only concern would be the LENGTH of the contract. i dont want noah at age 33-34

No it's not because Lopez's $13.5m would be applied in the new Cap. If this is true we know for sure the knicks gained $4.5m in salary and 3 yrs in age for a player that might return to something close to his level of play or he might spiral down even more.

I love Noah but $18m is a lot of money for another "hope sandwich"

Bulls missed the playoffs with these guys and better surrounding players than we have
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/30/2016  7:03 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:A lot of the people overjoyed with Noah and Rose were the same ones that criticized Phil for not talking to Thibs. Funny how that works. I don't want our cap tied up with players with high injury risks and that seems to be the path Phil is choosing. I guess MElo and his apologists will have finally run out of excuses. Win or STFU. These deals maybe worth it just for that.

To be clear though - of all the people we have overpaid for in the past and in recent days (if this news item holds up), Noah is the one I like the best.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/30/2016  7:04 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:A lot of the people overjoyed with Noah and Rose were the same ones that criticized Phil for not talking to Thibs. Funny how that works. I don't want our cap tied up with players with high injury risks and that seems to be the path Phil is choosing. I guess MElo and his apologists will have finally run out of excuses. Win or STFU. These deals maybe worth it just for that.

Ha - I honestly didn't even think of that. But yes - I'm guilty of that first part. What can I say, I guess I liked that team... when they weren't playing the Knicks.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/30/2016  7:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  7:13 AM
¿ △ ?
blkexec
Member: #748
6/30/2016  8:14 AM
The walking wounded.... Hopefully there some injury protection in his contract. Sign Lee at SG and we have a solid team...... Will they be better than the 90s Knicks? I haven't seen this much talent in a Knicks uniform in my life. Ewing and Houston had a solid team....... But I don't think they had this much talent in the starting unit.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
6/30/2016  8:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  8:17 AM
joakim noah is one of my favorite players, when healthy enough. he will pull the knicks back into a tringle-centric offense because he is in fact one of the premier post passers in the league, even though his back to the basket game is virtually non-existent.

if the knicks get him, you have to wonder how his minutes will be managed. thibideaux ran him and deng and other into the ground, and i think there's a lot of mileage on noah. but i love his game AND he did play some high school basketball in brooklyn, so he's a perfect fit for the greatest city in the world!! are the knicks willing to pay him as much as 18 million? the man should be playing no more than 26 minutes a game.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/30/2016  8:22 AM
smackeddog wrote:Means we can 100% rule out Durant- knew that wasn't going to happen

Ya, I wonder how that works with Melo openly recruiting Durant. Did he get a "thanks, but no"?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/30/2016  8:22 AM
callmened wrote:they dont listen to us briggs...THEY DONT LISTEN TO US!! we can pontificate on this board about drafting sleepers, international talents and free agents...but the bottom line is they just want to win now to appease melo and the rabid fan base

We are trying to build a culture in NY and winning needs to be part of that. Jeff Van Gundy said it best; the most underrated factor of player development is playing in meaningful games, meaning the playoffs. This is KP's team, but we want him to develop with leadership and talent around him, so long as we aren't sacrificing future draft picks and young high-level talent to accomplish that, and it appears that is the case. I have no problem with that approach. You can compete and build for the future at the same time. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/30/2016  8:25 AM
callmened wrote:i have no problem with the 18 mill. lopez was 14 mill and i think a (healthy) noah is better than lopez. in the new adjusted cap 18 mill is probably the same the old 14 mill. now lets assume noah is healthy (ehhh-- not sure but lets assume), then my only concern would be the LENGTH of the contract. i dont want noah at age 33-34

Noah's been on a downward trajectory starting 2 years ago. I don't think a healthy Noah ages 31 to 35 will be better than Rolo at 27-31.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/30/2016  8:26 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:

No it's not because Lopez's $13.5m would be applied in the new Cap. If this is true we know for sure the knicks gained $4.5m in salary and 3 yrs in age for a player that might return to something close to his level of play or he might spiral down even more.

I love Noah but $18m is a lot of money for another "hope sandwich"

Yeah. The hope is enough to get a little excited to watch the games but the rational part of me says Phil and Dolan are continuing to make bad deals.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
6/30/2016  8:28 AM
Noah's contract better be 2-3 years tops, anything longer than that, and Phil officially took too much acid.

I'm "okay" with Rose/Noah moves, as long as we'll have enough to max someone out next year.

Only negative with these moves (besides the obvious health question marks) is it'll jeopardize our draft position in the best draft in years. With these moves we'll be around a .500 team, we'll be picking around 15 instead of 5, and not have that quality stud of a player that can play with KP for a decade.

Of course this the Knicks way....mortgage the future for the mediocre now.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/30/2016  8:28 AM
Those that say this is the sane old Knicks.... didn't we tank to get Porzingis?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
blkexec
Member: #748
6/30/2016  8:29 AM
At this point..... No one should be overpaid..... just look how Miami built their championship team with lebron. Everybody took a pay cut..... and role players like ray Allen played for peanuts. If these guys are smart and see the big picture..... Noah and others should take a pay cut and use an upfront signing bonus to make them happy.... and make up for their low contract amount. Might as well build a team to win it all.... So we need more talent on the bench..... Like former starters looking for a ring.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/30/2016  8:58 AM
Guys wanna pay Courtney Lee 15 mill.... but won't pay 18 for Noah
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloanyk
Member: #5615

6/30/2016  9:12 AM
Id pay Noah $18, really liked Rolo who was our second best player on many nights but Noah can be better if healthy. better defender, rebounder and passser. Only concern is that he is older ,was run hard by TT and has had several nagging leg injuries over the years. Someone was right to post that shoulder injury may be a blessing as far as extended rest but Knicks will have to protect by limiting his mins to thirty mins. Same with Rose, supposedly he had intermittent issues last year with sore knees so that has to be closely monitored. Lee? Useful role player but a penny over ten seems excessive
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/30/2016  9:27 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Noah's been on a downward trajectory starting 2 years ago. I don't think a healthy Noah ages 31 to 35 will be better than Rolo at 27-31.
I'll give you the injury thing, but do you guys only look at offensive stats when making these determinations? Look at what he has done besides scoring the past two seasons when he played. It's exactly what this team needs. Yes, the injury cloud is a concern but I will reserve judgement until we see what the contract is going to be.
Stein: Multiple interested teams lamenting they see Noah to Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy