[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Stein: Multiple interested teams lamenting they see Noah to Knicks
Author Thread
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
6/30/2016  1:11 AM
Great pickup. Unselfish guy in a ball movement model. Playing with Melo and KP he could average 7 or 8 assists per game.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/30/2016  1:23 AM
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2016  1:35 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/30/2016  1:39 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Its improbable that Noah will stay away from injury--6 straight seasons with an average of 23 games missed. Its just another Knick move that resembles everything else the Knicks do. The Knicks DO NOT believe in grooming their own players and they have never learned about overpaying older players with injury histories. Noah--take the 20mm and run my friend--I dont blame you--the biggest sckr in NY is James Dolan.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

6/30/2016  1:42 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Its improbable that Noah will stay away from injury--6 straight seasons with an average of 23 games missed. Its just another Knick move that resembles everything else the Knicks do. The Knicks DO NOT believe in grooming their own players and they have never learned about overpaying older players with injury histories. Noah--take the 20mm and run my friend--I dont blame you--the biggest sckr in NY is James Dolan.

ill be happy with this contract if its 1-2 yrs..anything more would be unwise

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
callmened

6/30/2016  1:46 AM
they dont listen to us briggs...THEY DONT LISTEN TO US!! we can pontificate on this board about drafting sleepers, international talents and free agents...but the bottom line is they just want to win now to appease melo and the rabid fan base
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/30/2016  1:47 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Its improbable that Noah will stay away from injury--6 straight seasons with an average of 23 games missed. Its just another Knick move that resembles everything else the Knicks do. The Knicks DO NOT believe in grooming their own players and they have never learned about overpaying older players with injury histories. Noah--take the 20mm and run my friend--I dont blame you--the biggest sckr in NY is James Dolan.

DUDE! This is not "Same Old Knicks". This is a smart set of moves by Phil. You really do need to accept the fact that Noah is a great fit for the Knicks and I think he has a good shot to have a bounce back year. He's had a LOT of rest and recuperation time after only playing 29 games. This is the right time to get him.

Knicks do groom their own players and you know that. Adding Noah will actually help all of our young players!!!

As for his contract there's no way you should be crying over it based on what the reports are. We don't know what the final number will actually be. Phil has mostly been pretty frugal with his contracts.

If this goes thru this will be one of the best Knicks rosters we've seen in a LONG time.

CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2016  1:48 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Knicks traded an 8 yr vet and a 11 yr vet for rose. I liked Grant but I try to bounce things off friends that aren't Knick fans and the Grant portion of the trade was a no brainer in the opinion of guys that I watched the draft with. No picks were moved and a second rounder was brought back.
callmened

6/30/2016  1:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  1:52 AM
i have no problem with the 18 mill. lopez was 14 mill and i think a (healthy) noah is better than lopez. in the new adjusted cap 18 mill is probably the same the old 14 mill. now lets assume noah is healthy (ehhh-- not sure but lets assume), then my only concern would be the LENGTH of the contract. i dont want noah at age 33-34
nixluva
USA
6/30/2016  1:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Knicks traded an 8 yr vet and a 11 yr vet for rose. I liked Grant but I try to bounce things off friends that aren't Knick fans and the Grant portion of the trade was a no brainer in the opinion of guys that I watched the draft with. No picks were moved and a second rounder was brought back.

Some of us forget that we've got young guys coming. It's smart to build a team that can win not just for Melo but for KP and any other young player we have. Playing meaningful games is great for young players!!! Noah has all the right Leadership and approach to the game for our young players to learn from. He won't have to kill himself on this team either.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/30/2016  1:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  1:58 AM
callmened wrote:they dont listen to us briggs...THEY DONT LISTEN TO US!! we can pontificate on this board about drafting sleepers, international talents and free agents...but the bottom line is they just want to win now to appease melo and the rabid fan base

I think if this were really true, we would have seen us shop Porzingis for an all star. Lord knows if we called Chicago to swap KP for Butler (we could do it because of the cap space we have) they would jump on it. There are other stars like that, maybe a Cousins in Sacto.

I think we have been patient. We brought in young talent. New cheap talent. However Melo is 32 and the team needs to try and make a run while he is still an all star. Rose is 27. We swapped a 34 year old Jose for 27 year old Rose. We may swap a 27 year old Lopez for a 31 year old Noah. These are just supporting moves to improve the teams chances. The Lopez/Calderon 5/1 combo last year neither worked on offense at a high level or defense. They are trying something better skill wise, with risk involved.

Meanwhile we still have KP, DWill may re-sign, Gallo likely is back, we got Hernangomez from Europe, and we have all our draft picks 2017 onward. All the team has done this summer so far is try to give KP/Melo more talent and balanced attack to work with on offense and D. On paper we have a better coach, system, and more skilled point/center. Now whether these players stay healthy, whether the new system and coach works out - remains to be seen. But I much rather have Noah/KP/Melo/Rose with Hornachek coaching to work with than Lopez/KP/Melo/Calderon and Fisher/Rambis coaching.

callmened

6/30/2016  1:58 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
callmened wrote:they dont listen to us briggs...THEY DONT LISTEN TO US!! we can pontificate on this board about drafting sleepers, international talents and free agents...but the bottom line is they just want to win now to appease melo and the rabid fan base

I think if this were really true, we would have seen us shop Porzingis for an all star. Lord knows if we called Chicago to swap KP for Butler (we could do it because of the cap space we have) they would jump on it. There are other stars like that, maybe a Cousins in Sacto.

I think we have been patient. We brought in young talent. New cheap talent. However Melo is 32 and the team needs to try and make a run while he is still an all star. Rose is 27. We swapped a 34 year old Jose for 27 year old Rose. We may swap a 27 year old Lopez for a 31 year old Noah. These are just supporting moves to improve the teams chances. The Lopez/Calderon 5/1 combo last year neither worked on offense at a high level or defense. They are trying something better skill wise, with risk involved.

Meanwhile we still have KP, DWill may re-sign, Gallo likely is back, we got Hernangomez from Europe, and we have all our draft picks 2017 onward.

i was joking. they probably dont listen/read to us - and thats ok. lol. were not the experts - they are. but i think as long as melo is around, they will try to WIN NOW. yes, they can still keep some young talent but they will never go into FULL REBUILDING Mode (via the draft - like i think they should), as long as melo is around

CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2016  1:59 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Some of us forget that we've got young guys coming. It's smart to build a team that can win not just for Melo but for KP and any other young player we have. Playing meaningful games is great for young players!!! Noah has all the right Leadership and approach to the game for our young players to learn from. He won't have to kill himself on this team either.

Noah's leadership would be a huge plus for Early, KP, Gallo, O'Quinn, Baker and Plumlee.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/30/2016  2:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Noah's leadership would be a huge plus for Early, KP, Gallo, O'Quinn, Baker and Plumlee.

Early apparently got hurt in practice.

callmened

6/30/2016  2:00 AM
early? baker? plumlee? i doubt those guys make the team.

but yes i agree, noah provides leadership and toughness

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/30/2016  2:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  2:03 AM
callmened wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Meanwhile we still have KP, DWill may re-sign, Gallo likely is back, we got Hernangomez from Europe, and we have all our draft picks 2017 onward.

i was joking. they probably dont listen/read to us - and thats ok. lol. were not the experts - they are. but i think as long as melo is around, they will try to WIN NOW. yes, they can still keep some young talent but they will never go into FULL REBUILDING Mode (via the draft - like i think they should), as long as melo is around

I totally agree with what you are saying the problem is even if we went through the draft, before Phil got here they had already traded away the lottery picks. Im sure Phil would love to have drafted in 2014 and 2016 the lottery picks NY had. But they were already traded away. I think Phil has seen those mistakes and so far avoided them. He stayed away trading any future pick, and he has stayed away from making a classic Knick move which would be maxing out a player like Dwight Howard for $30M a year. I believe all we have done so far is try to swap Lopez for Noah, and Calderon for Rose while keeping a 2017 maximum contract capspace alive.
callmened

6/30/2016  2:06 AM
yep. im curious to see who else we sign
CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2016  2:08 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That sucks. I was out for about 4 hours. I saw his interview but missed that he got hurt.
nixluva
USA
6/30/2016  2:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That sucks. I was out for about 4 hours. I saw his interview but missed that he got hurt.

Hurt how? That could be anything from a toe to a knee. Gotta wait to see how serious it is. In any event I think Baker and Plumlee actually have a shot and will come to Training Camp. JH sounds like he really likes Baker. Phil gave Plumlee a full guarantee. I expect Willy to be signed.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/30/2016  3:15 AM
callmened wrote:i have no problem with the 18 mill. lopez was 14 mill and i think a (healthy) noah is better than lopez. in the new adjusted cap 18 mill is probably the same the old 14 mill. now lets assume noah is healthy (ehhh-- not sure but lets assume), then my only concern would be the LENGTH of the contract. i dont want noah at age 33-34

No it's not because Lopez's $13.5m would be applied in the new Cap. If this is true we know for sure the knicks gained $4.5m in salary and 3 yrs in age for a player that might return to something close to his level of play or he might spiral down even more.

I love Noah but $18m is a lot of money for another "hope sandwich"

Stein: Multiple interested teams lamenting they see Noah to Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy