[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GRADING THE ROSE TRADE: BULLS VS KNICKS...WHO WON?
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/1/2016  4:49 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote: everything else he has done has been a disaster.

Porzingis selection was a disaster.

Check.

that was not a move, it was a default happenstance and luckily he was protected from himself that 2 teams, 1 who he warned not to take KP, did not take KP.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

7/1/2016  4:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2016  5:00 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

that was not a move, it was a default happenstance and luckily he was protected from himself that 2 teams, 1 who he warned not to take KP, did not take KP.

I believe you have your facts wrong about the alleged incident so get your facts straight buddy. Phil Jackson didn't warn the team not to take KP before the draft. He just possibly mentioned how they would be sorry if they didn't take KP. So he was trying to give another team a good heads up before the draft. See that's totally different from what Phil did.
http://nypost.com/2016/06/07/phil-jacksons-lakers-gloat-i-warned-you-about-porzingis/

"We knew that he had a lot of talent. We saw that even in the workout with him shooting. And I had some fun with one of the Buss guys, and I told him after the workout: "You guys are going to be sorry if you don't pick up Porzingis with the second pick." They didn't, we did."

Let it be known that Phil Jackson cares about the well being of other teams.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/1/2016  4:58 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

Phil repeatedly confirmed Okafor was his choice all the way. Once he was off the board he deferred to Clarence Gaines who told him to pick KP.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/1/2016  4:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2016  4:59 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

So if he selected someone else at 4, as most Knicks fans wanted him to, say Mudiay for example, today you wouldn't be critical of him for it?

mreinman

7/1/2016  5:00 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

I believe you have your facts wrong about the alleged incident so get your facts straight buddy. Phil Jackson didn't warn the team not to take KP before the draft. He just possibly mentioned how they would be sorry if they didn't take KP. So he was trying to give another team a good heads up before the draft. See that's totally different from what Phil did.

"We knew that he had a lot of talent. We saw that even in the workout with him shooting. And I had some fun with one of the Buss guys, and I told him after the workout: "You guys are going to be sorry if you don't pick up Porzingis with the second pick." They didn't, we did."

POS trying to scare his girl with his male-zen aggression ... not super cool

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/1/2016  5:00 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I get it that the fanbase largely approves of starfukking but that isn't reason for me to change my opinion of it.

The stupidity of the term 'starfukking' is it's trying to brand what's a personal opinion.

You labeled Melo 'starfukkig' and Horford a legitimate big player apparently completely unaware of his significant injury history, a major part of your own criteria.

The term itself in inherently trollish. You want to argue why Al Horford's 11 and 29 games played in 3 of the last 5 season is irrelevant? Fine, that's a legit conversation. So have it. Placing labels on things in place of reason is just lazy.

From mreinman and chuckbuck I can understand it. They only have so many clubs in their bag.

Seems like you can do better.

What the Knicks are doing now doesn't gel with my motion of what they should be doing and was I was merely stating that. I have no desire of changing behavior or expectations by doing so.I am very comfortable being part of the vocal minority, It's a lifestyle choice, I made long ago and it isn't limited to my position about the Knicks.

Fine, but being a Knicks fans is also a choice. You choose to involve yourself in something that apparently only provides frustration and opposition.

I assume your other lifestyle choices bring you satisfaction of some kind, whatever opposition might exist.

You don't even get that out of being a Knicks fan.

Odd "choice."

Right, because "trollish" is not s label at all. And between the two of us one is showing frustration and it's not me. You are also trying to legislate fanhood and choice. I'll choose whatever I damn please, Thank you very much

Defiance about masochism. Got it.

And it it if you guys that consistency try to convince others they're stupid for enjoying being a Knicks fans.

You're like the Congress of fanhood and choice.

That's what I am talking about. All you can do is resort to insulting people who don't agree with you. Typical.

That's an observation. That's the purpose of the term "starfukk." To insult anyone who believes in such acquisitions.

ROTFLMAO

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
yellowboy90

7/1/2016  5:02 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

That was so dumb but maybe this happens all the time. The best thing to do is make it public because it's good to throw shame at another organization who you might need to trade with down the line.
mreinman

7/1/2016  5:02 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

So if he selected someone else at 4, as most Knicks fans wanted him to, say Mudiay for example, today you wouldn't be critical of him for it?

of course I would. I was not one of those fans. I went at it with holfresh pretty heavily on this.

I would not have blamed him for selecting Ok4 or Russell which I am sure that he would have (as most of us would have) if the opportunity presented itself. I am just happy that we all dodged a bullet.

mreinman

7/1/2016  5:03 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

That was so dumb but maybe this happens all the time. The best thing to do is make it public because it's good to throw shame at another organization who you might need to trade with down the line.

especially when that org is your girlfriend. Wonder why they are not married yet?

yellowboy90

7/1/2016  5:04 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

especially when that org is your girlfriend. Wonder why they are not married yet?

Not my business, no reason to go there.

mreinman

7/1/2016  5:06 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

Not my business, no reason to go there.

lol ... don't know what you are insinuating but all I meant is that if they/he plays these freaky mind games then he may not be marriage material.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  5:10 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

of course I would. I was not one of those fans.

So Jackson could only be criticized for selecting KP, he gets no credit for it?

mreinman

7/1/2016  5:12 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

criticized for selecting him? Uh ... where did you see criticism?

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  5:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

Not selecting him, I meant... I'm typing fast.

Apologies.

mreinman

7/1/2016  5:22 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

Apologies.

and selecting mudiay? Of course I would have killed him for that.

KP was there and that was the only option. He was 4 on almost every mock board for a reason. Phil would get a pass if one of the top 3 fell and he chose one of them. He gets a did not play (for the most part) for picking who everyone had at 4. I guess one can easily say that he would have pulled a kahn and drafted a mudiay or a stein so he should get credit ... I say that he chose who he was supposed to choose. He did not reach. If he reached and scored than he would be showered with credit and rightfully so. He played it safe and we are all happy that he did (and that ok4 or russell did not fall)

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  5:32 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

Apologies.

KP was there and that was the only option. He was 4 on almost every mock board for a reason. Phil would get a pass if one of the top 3 fell and he chose one of them. He gets a did not play (for the most part) for picking who everyone had at 4. I guess one can easily say that he would have pulled a kahn and drafted a mudiay or a stein so he should get credit ... I say that he chose who he was supposed to choose. He did not reach. If he reached and scored than he would be showered with credit and rightfully so. He played it safe and we are all happy that he did (and that ok4 or russell did not fall)

That's a bit of revisionist history. He was 4 on some draft boards but not an overwhelming 4 and many people argued he should select someone perceived as more ready.

You heard the boos on draft night.

This seems instructive though. You seem to tune out anything other than your POV.

mreinman

7/1/2016  5:38 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Check.

Apologies.

That's a bit of revisionist history. He was 4 on some draft boards but not an overwhelming 4 and many people argued he should select someone perceived as more ready.

You heard the boos on draft night.

This seems instructive though. You seem to tune out anything other than your POV.

I guess that's your POV.

callmened
Member: #4234

7/1/2016  5:43 PM

from Zach Lowe article...

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
mreinman

7/1/2016  5:52 PM
callmened wrote:

is it ok to feel this way? just want to make sure its ok and that I am not bad

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/1/2016  5:56 PM
callmened wrote:

Yup...

GRADING THE ROSE TRADE: BULLS VS KNICKS...WHO WON?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy