[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GRADING THE ROSE TRADE: BULLS VS KNICKS...WHO WON?
Author Thread
meloanyk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5615

6/30/2016  2:44 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Just had some of my optimism dashed. I thought Rose played a lot better starting in January but I'm estimating his TS% from Jan to the end of the season to be around .518 with the league average around .545. His problem wasn't shooting from the field. His FG% during that period looks to be slightly above average. The issue is that relative to his total usage, he should be doing much more damage from the free throw line. I know I've heard some say he doesn't attack the rim anymore. If that's true, it's hurting his game and he's going to be a liability. We need him to play better than he did during this rare healthy period, not just to replicate it.

He is a terrible terrible 3 point shooter. Other than his 15 FT's in march where he shot 41%, he is pretty much always < 30%. That is bad and he is not like DWade who though he can't shoot 3's, he is super efficient at 2's. TParker as well.

But hey, odds are that he is bouncing back and now that Hornacek is his coach, he will become a better 3 point shooter. And JH also wants him to stay healthy, and he agreed to do that for him.

Lol, your sarcasm might get you labeled a hater. Forget the facts and please drink the sugary kool aid provided by your cheerleaders that he is still a premier player.

Aka, one would think they he will bounce back some off two mediocre years (i dont count 13-14) because he was still beset by some injuries. Unfortunately, he had flaws before but they were covered up by his athleticsm. He's never going to be a great shooter or defender or passer but one would hope that his forays to the basket and foul line will increase in his walk year and that some physical and mental issues are further in the rear view mirror. What we can say is he's an upgrade at pg and his hyped addition will sell hope and help to sell seasons tickets. Hopefully Noah will sign and replace Lopez and make this trade more amenable tou ya haters. Lol

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

6/30/2016  2:51 PM
meloanyk wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Just had some of my optimism dashed. I thought Rose played a lot better starting in January but I'm estimating his TS% from Jan to the end of the season to be around .518 with the league average around .545. His problem wasn't shooting from the field. His FG% during that period looks to be slightly above average. The issue is that relative to his total usage, he should be doing much more damage from the free throw line. I know I've heard some say he doesn't attack the rim anymore. If that's true, it's hurting his game and he's going to be a liability. We need him to play better than he did during this rare healthy period, not just to replicate it.

He is a terrible terrible 3 point shooter. Other than his 15 FT's in march where he shot 41%, he is pretty much always < 30%. That is bad and he is not like DWade who though he can't shoot 3's, he is super efficient at 2's. TParker as well.

But hey, odds are that he is bouncing back and now that Hornacek is his coach, he will become a better 3 point shooter. And JH also wants him to stay healthy, and he agreed to do that for him.

Lol, your sarcasm might get you labeled a hater. Forget the facts and please drink the sugary kool aid provided by your cheerleaders that he is still a premier player.

Aka, one would think they he will bounce back some off two mediocre years (i dont count 13-14) because he was still beset by some injuries. Unfortunately, he had flaws before but they were covered up by his athleticsm. He's never going to be a great shooter or defender or passer but one would hope that his forays to the basket and foul line will increase in his walk year and that some physical and mental issues are further in the rear view mirror. What we can say is he's an upgrade at pg and his hyped addition will sell hope and help to sell seasons tickets. Hopefully Noah will sign and replace Lopez and make this trade more amenable tou ya haters. Lol

is it possible that he will be hesitant to drive too often and get hurt in his contract year?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/30/2016  2:52 PM
mreinman wrote:

And in this period where his TS% was 30 points below league average, his 3 point shooting was actually unusually high for him. This has a small chance of working out great and a high chance of working out bad IMO.
mreinman

6/30/2016  2:57 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

And in this period where his TS% was 30 points below league average, his 3 point shooting was actually unusually high for him. This has a small chance of working out great and a high chance of working out bad IMO.

thats what I've been screaming though this means that I am a hater/naysayer/negative fan.

One must like every move we make regardless of whether its a good one or not.

RON BAKER IS AWESOME AND HE WILL BE OUR X FACTOR! WHY NOT? CAN YOU PROVE OTHERWISE!

i LOVE NASCAR

DIXIE CHICKS ROCK

STATEGERIE WOO HOO!

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/30/2016  3:04 PM
mreinman wrote:thats what I've been screaming though this means that I am a hater/naysayer/negative fan.

Right, as of you didn't earn that designation long before last Wed.

Bonn1997
USA
6/30/2016  3:05 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

thats what I've been screaming though this means that I am a hater/naysayer/negative fan.

RON BAKER IS AWESOME AND HE WILL BE OUR X FACTOR! WHY NOT? CAN YOU PROVE OTHERWISE!

i LOVE NASCAR

DIXIE CHICKS ROCK

STATEGERIE WOO HOO!

If someone calls you a hater, that's crap.
The caveat I'd add to my earlier statement is that how the trade works out does depend also on how the extra cap space is used. Given that it's Phil and Dolan, I haven't been given reason for optimism, though.
mreinman

6/30/2016  3:07 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

i LOVE NASCAR

DIXIE CHICKS ROCK

STATEGERIE WOO HOO!

The caveat I'd add to my earlier statement is that how the trade works out does depend also on how the extra cap space is used. Given that it's Phil and Dolan, I haven't been given reason for optimism, though.

what extra cap space? this year with rose or next year without him?

meloanyk
Member: #5615

6/30/2016  3:31 PM
mreinman wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
mreinman wrote:

is it possible that he will be hesitant to drive too often and get hurt in his contract year?

that is a possibilty. some Chicago 'haters' had already said he was being overly protective of being reinjured and his dropoffs in certain stats and change in style of play suggests that may be true. Bit unfair because while you can get back to a play within a year , the normal time frame of full recovery from ACL is 18-24 months and even then its normal for some hesistancy to remain if one has any discomfort, soreness or swelling . At his best , he was an aggressive high flyer who attacked. ive seen him, he can still take you off the dribble and get in paint but tends to pull up which still draws coverage if not fouls. Have some shooters around him and it should be mutually beneficial. I also think the change of scenery and new start will reinvigorate him to a degree and I think he realizes what he has to show to get that new big deal

Bonn1997
USA
6/30/2016  5:59 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

i LOVE NASCAR

DIXIE CHICKS ROCK

STATEGERIE WOO HOO!

what extra cap space? this year with rose or next year without him?

Yeah, it's possible cap space rather than definite cap space, as it depends on what we do with Rose.
Bonn1997
USA
6/30/2016  6:00 PM
meloanyk wrote:
mreinman wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
mreinman wrote:

that is a possibilty. some Chicago 'haters' had already said he was being overly protective of being reinjured and his dropoffs in certain stats and change in style of play suggests that may be true. Bit unfair because while you can get back to a play within a year , the normal time frame of full recovery from ACL is 18-24 months and even then its normal for some hesistancy to remain if one has any discomfort, soreness or swelling . At his best , he was an aggressive high flyer who attacked. ive seen him, he can still take you off the dribble and get in paint but tends to pull up which still draws coverage if not fouls. Have some shooters around him and it should be mutually beneficial. I also think the change of scenery and new start will reinvigorate him to a degree and I think he realizes what he has to show to get that new big deal

Wow, I'm having flashbacks. We all can remember how often posters used to say that exact same thing about our new acquisitions.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/30/2016  6:58 PM
The Knicks are doing what they do best. Kill their chances to build something real by going for the sexy trade that does long term damage. Already we are seeing 60 games by Noah will cost us 8MM more than 82 games by Rolo. Then wE will need to add an SG and we don't even have a bench. But apparently it's all good, we have two ball dominant chuckers with injury history and questionable attitudes.And this is the best team we could put around KP. About 7 years ago must of the same folks were so happy that STAT and Melo would just click together.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2016  7:03 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:The Knicks are doing what they do best. Kill their chances to build something real by going for the sexy trade that does long term damage. Already we are seeing 60 games by Noah will cost us 8MM more than 82 games by Rolo. Then wE will need to add an SG and we don't even have a bench. But apparently it's all good, we have two ball dominant chuckers with injury history and questionable attitudes.And this is the best team we could put around KP. About 7 years ago must of the same folks were so happy that STAT and Melo would just click together.
I don't remember many that we're posting here at the time in favor of the Melo trade with what was given up. But you weren't posting here then right?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime

6/30/2016  7:12 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:The Knicks are doing what they do best. Kill their chances to build something real by going for the sexy trade that does long term damage. Already we are seeing 60 games by Noah will cost us 8MM more than 82 games by Rolo. Then wE will need to add an SG and we don't even have a bench. But apparently it's all good, we have two ball dominant chuckers with injury history and questionable attitudes.And this is the best team we could put around KP. About 7 years ago must of the same folks were so happy that STAT and Melo would just click together.

Sounds about right...

So what is it you like about the Knicks?

meloshouldgo

6/30/2016  7:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  7:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
I don't remember many that we're posting here at the time in favor of the Melo trade with what was given up. But you weren't posting here then right?

Didn't you ask the new guy what his last screen name was? Is this thing for you? Fancy yourself as a self appointed mod of some sort? What is your issue? So if I posted here with a different name what would that prove? And if I didn't what would that prove? Are you 17 years old? I am not going to waste any time responding to you. You are clearly not worth it. You will probably attempt some lame comeback about you knowing I used to post here before. Get a life, there's more to it than frighin internet forum.

meloshouldgo

6/30/2016  7:48 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Sounds about right...

I root for the Knicks, like everyone else here. I was definitely liking the path we were on last year, can't say I like them now.

BigRedDog
Member: #569
6/30/2016  8:30 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Sounds about right...

I root for the Knicks, like everyone else here. I was definitely liking the path we were on last year, can't say I like them now.

Last yr??? Yeah great 32 wins and Rambis. Adding legit talent , good coach and aiming for a serious run. Yeah that sucks

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2016  8:34 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Didn't you ask the new guy what his last screen name was? Is this thing for you? Fancy yourself as a self appointed mod of some sort? What is your issue? So if I posted here with a different name what would that prove? And if I didn't what would that prove? Are you 17 years old? I am not going to waste any time responding to you. You are clearly not worth it. You will probably attempt some lame comeback about you knowing I used to post here before. Get a life, there's more to it than frighin internet forum.

My response was because you were referencing something that you wouldn't be aware of if you weren't here when the trade went down. In regards to the other guy, he started a post where he introduced himself as a new guy but got into it with a bunch of guys that have posted here for a long time. I don't pretend to be a mod or mod the forum. A mod spoke to that poster. I just get annoyed with statements that are far from what was the truth (i.e. posters opinion of the melo trade at the time).
Knickoftime

6/30/2016  8:36 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Sounds about right...

What path was that....

And how do you even know it it a different path.

Maybe it's a winding path.

Maybe Phil Jackson doesn't like to give out directions.

I don't know, the traded Robin Lopez. If Robin Lopez was the Knicks pathfinder, could chance the helicopters would eventually have to be called in to find the hikers.

meloshouldgo

6/30/2016  8:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

My response was because you were referencing something that you wouldn't be aware of if you weren't here when the trade went down. In regards to the other guy, he started a post where he introduced himself as a new guy but got into it with a bunch of guys that have posted here for a long time. I don't pretend to be a mod or mod the forum. A mod spoke to that poster. I just get annoyed with statements that are far from what was the truth (i.e. posters opinion of the melo trade at the time).

I used to read the forum routinely back then but didn't start pushing till later. And yes there were a bunch of people rationalizing how STAT and Melo would fit. I don't remember if it was right after the trade or later on. The point is you are using when someone signs up as the first time they ever read the forum which is not a very smart thing to do.

CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2016  8:45 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I used to read the forum routinely back then but didn't start pushing till later. And yes there were a bunch of people rationalizing how STAT and Melo would fit. I don't remember if it was right after the trade or later on. The point is you are using when someone signs up as the first time they ever read the forum which is not a very smart thing to do.

Glad you weren't writing b.s. like this,
Are you 17 years old? I am not going to waste any time responding to you. You are clearly not worth it. You will probably attempt some lame comeback about you knowing I used to post here before. Get a life, there's more to it than frighin internet forum.
Stay classy.
GRADING THE ROSE TRADE: BULLS VS KNICKS...WHO WON?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy