Derrick Rose Article Noting His Improvement
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/27/2016  1:45 AM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:wWow, he is one of the top penetrators in the league. I guess many on here overlooked that. Oh Wait, they realize that but recognize that he sucks once he gets there.

Hey, but he is very efficient when he is in the paint but is not in the restricted area. Unfortunately that only gets you 1.2 baskets(1.3 after the break, see the improvement!).

Lucky for us he takes a lot of mid range shots to booster his efficiency. smh. No wait he gets to the free throw line. No wait, he has turned into an excellent distributor taking advantage of his attack skills. Oh, I guess he didn't have the shooters around him because McDermont, Dunleavy, and Mirotic doesn't count.

stop that ISH

Dude shot 40% from 3 in his last month on 17 makes. (disclaimer: please ignore that he is a 30% shooter for his career)

It's not about where Rose was this season but rather where he could be next season after a full offseason of conditioning and work on his game. He should be more capable of finishing his drives at a higher % with better conditioning. That's what the Knicks are hoping for. You guys are assuming that this is the best Rose can be. The Knicks are hoping that he can be a more efficient player and IMO it's very likely he can and will be stronger to start next season after a full offseason of conditioning.
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

6/27/2016  11:50 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:wWow, he is one of the top penetrators in the league. I guess many on here overlooked that. Oh Wait, they realize that but recognize that he sucks once he gets there.

Hey, but he is very efficient when he is in the paint but is not in the restricted area. Unfortunately that only gets you 1.2 baskets(1.3 after the break, see the improvement!).

Lucky for us he takes a lot of mid range shots to booster his efficiency. smh. No wait he gets to the free throw line. No wait, he has turned into an excellent distributor taking advantage of his attack skills. Oh, I guess he didn't have the shooters around him because McDermont, Dunleavy, and Mirotic doesn't count.

stop that ISH

Dude shot 40% from 3 in his last month on 17 makes. (disclaimer: please ignore that he is a 30% shooter for his career)

It's not about where Rose was this season but rather where he could be next season after a full offseason of conditioning and work on his game. He should be more capable of finishing his drives at a higher % with better conditioning. That's what the Knicks are hoping for. You guys are assuming that this is the best Rose can be. The Knicks are hoping that he can be a more efficient player and IMO it's very likely he can and will be stronger to start next season after a full offseason of conditioning.

there is a big difference with "hoping" and "expectations". Don't know why that seems so hard to separate.

the expectation for a guy who has dealt with his injuries and who has stunk for a few years to continue to stink.

the hope is that he wins another MVP.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/25/2017  1:08 AM
Rose really did improve his Rim efficiency. I was so wrong about that. Maybe next year is when he puts the other parts of his game together. I am not sure the defensive side will improve but maybe just maybe he can learn to pass. It's not too late if he dedicate himself to it. Is it too late. If players can learn to shoot later in their career why can't players become better passers.

I don't want to see if he can learn this on the knicks but maybe he can learn it some where else.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/25/2017  6:44 AM
His best move is to sign in Miami and let Riles make a man out of him, like he made out of Tim Hardaway.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/25/2017  5:31 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Rose really did improve his Rim efficiency. I was so wrong about that. Maybe next year is when he puts the other parts of his game together. I am not sure the defensive side will improve but maybe just maybe he can learn to pass. It's not too late if he dedicate himself to it. Is it too late. If players can learn to shoot later in their career why can't players become better passers.

I don't want to see if he can learn this on the knicks but maybe he can learn it some where else.

There's a chance, but he likely is the player he's going to be for the next few years. The rim efficiency can be explained away by the eye and other injuries he's faced. The other facets of his game that are weak are habits that have been ingrained for decades. I don't see him changing #throwbacktuesday.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Derrick Rose Article Noting His Improvement

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy