[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Don't sleep on Justin Holiday...
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/24/2016  1:50 PM
His jumps shooting mechanics are textbook. He's got some experience. He took a rode in a championship squad and sat behind Butler on the depth chart. He had a great opportunity with us to show he can be a rotation guy
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

6/25/2016  9:07 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGGb2SB1Ik/

Shows him working out.

You have to figure that he sees the trade to the Knicks as a major opportunity to win a starting spot so he can show that he belongs in the NBA.

I'm choosing not to expect much from him, but who knows.

If the guy can play good D, which he supposedly can, and hit an open shot or get to the basket when the opportunity is there, that is really all we need from a SG at this point.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/25/2016  9:12 PM
Stevo718 wrote:

He's already an upgrade over Aflalo,

man, he never misses a shot..

This is the Randle.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2016  9:49 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGGb2SB1Ik/

Shows him working out.

You have to figure that he sees the trade to the Knicks as a major opportunity to win a starting spot so he can show that he belongs in the NBA.

I'm choosing not to expect much from him, but who knows.

If the guy can play good D, which he supposedly can, and hit an open shot or get to the basket when the opportunity is there, that is really all we need from a SG at this point.

I read a Bulls blog where it was implied the writer preferred him to Grant. Part of that was length of contract though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree

6/25/2016  10:19 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

The guy has skill and natural ability. All he needs is an opportunity... being buried on 2 teams with guys ahead of him on the depth chart sucks. He's going to get a shot here

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
WaltLongmire

6/25/2016  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2016  10:34 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

BBReference has him hitting only 32% of his 3's that year...Maybe if they see this video they will recalculate those stats.

For what it is worth, he had his highest MPG this year and shot well from the 3...maybe we get lucky.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/25/2016  10:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

The guy has skill and natural ability. All he needs is an opportunity... being buried on 2 teams with guys ahead of him on the depth chart sucks. He's going to get a shot here

NAH Eny he has to suck cuz you know... he's on the Knicks now!

It's just funny sometimes how jaded Knicks fans have become. Rather than investigate and do the research on players they want to piss on anyone we pick up just cuz they aren't a big name. I had no knowledge of this kid before this deal, but I like what i'm seeing of him and hope that he can contribute. He looks like the right kind of player for how we want to play.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/25/2016  10:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

That's what its all about......will he have the minutes at SG.... And right now, SG is our weakest position. Unless something changes, he will get the most playing time next year than he's had with any other team. That's motivation right there in a contract year.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EnySpree

6/25/2016  10:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

It's just funny sometimes how jaded Knicks fans have become. Rather than investigate and do the research on players they want to piss on anyone we pick up just cuz they aren't a big name. I had no knowledge of this kid before this deal, but I like what i'm seeing of him and hope that he can contribute. He looks like the right kind of player for how we want to play.

Sane old song with these guys man.... and we're the jackasses for having any resemblance of joy

nixluva
USA
6/25/2016  10:50 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

Sane old song with these guys man.... and we're the jackasses for having any resemblance of joy

This should be a very exciting time for Knicks Fans. There is so much opportunity out in front of this franchise. There's always risk with any move but this deal has set this team on a path that could end very well. IMO this isn't a time to be a Sourpuss. On top of that we have a new and Modern thinking coach. Isn't that what most NYK fans said they wanted???

EnySpree

6/25/2016  10:57 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

This should be a very exciting time for Knicks Fans. There is so much opportunity out in front of this franchise. There's always risk with any move but this deal has set this team on a path that could end very well. IMO this isn't a time to be a Sourpuss. On top of that we have a new and Modern thinking coach. Isn't that what most NYK fans said they wanted???

Yeah man being a sour puss just takes you away from actually enjoying what's happening. There is clearly something special brewing. I want to be fully engaged so I can remember how we get wherever we are going.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

7/24/2016  3:50 PM
Was just thinking about an Iman Shumpert/Justin Holiday comparison. Both put up subpar numbers last year--difference is Holiday did it in only 14 mins/game where numbers can obviously get skewed; Shumpert played nearly 25 mins per. Much bigger sample and a truer indication of what Shumpert is (a guy, imo, that will never be big-time--I think Shump's close to peaking--he's a backup). Meanwhile, we still don't really know what Holiday is yet. What we do know is he appears to be a very capable backup 2G. I wonder how good he could really be? Point here is--give Holiday Shump's PT (around 25 mins per) backing up Lee (would much rather see Holiday over Sasha Vujacic) and I think there's a good chance we see a better player than Iman Shumpert.

The Cavs are the class of the East--just thinking what matchups we could potentially win on a given night, or win outright (LeBron's better than Melo but as we've seen, Melo can easily match him on any given night. Can Rose ever regain enough form to match Irving or come close? I wonder if KP could eventually match or surpass Love? Lee vs. Smith? Etc..). How 'bout the Holiday/Shumpert comparison at backup 2G? Anyone think the Knicks could potentially win that matchup? I discounted Holiday when the Rose trade was made but I think I was wrong. He was a nice piece to get back in that deal. Had some real nice moments for the Warriors and Bulls.

Thoughts on Holiday vs. Shumpert.

TheGardenFaithful
Member: #6316

7/24/2016  4:11 PM
Hin being skinny doesn't bother me in today's nba and we had Jamal Crawford for years on our roster and he is a pretty durable guy plus if Holiday is know to play a little D then iam happy he's here.

I liked Grant and thought he could develop but that shot...

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/24/2016  4:36 PM
I'd have to say watching those highlights he is a big upgrade to our backcourt. Holiday might even get more minutes then lee when hot. what a nice throw in he was defiantly going to help on d and the scoring load in the second unit.

another guy not talked about is willy who i think would have been a mid first rounder this year big upgrade to our back up center spot.

jennings
Holiday
lance/MK
Ndour/MK
willy/oquinn

that is a contending second unit really like the upgrade, we finally have a real roster !!!! thanks so much phil best off season in decades

nixluva
USA
7/24/2016  5:14 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I'd have to say watching those highlights he is a big upgrade to our backcourt. Holiday might even get more minutes then lee when hot. what a nice throw in he was defiantly going to help on d and the scoring load in the second unit.

another guy not talked about is willy who i think would have been a mid first rounder this year big upgrade to our back up center spot.

jennings
Holiday
lance/MK
Ndour/MK
willy/oquinn

that is a contending second unit really like the upgrade, we finally have a real roster !!!! thanks so much phil best off season in decades

I like the options Hornacek has off the bench. If you think of a 9-10 man rotation it looks pretty solid to me. Then there are some intriguing options like Kuz off the bench as well. With the amount of rest I expect JH will give some of the older vets we'll see the bench come into play quite a bit. That's another reason to give Holiday a long look and let him stretch his game a bit. Not to mention that i'd LOVE to see the Knicks add another PG like Chasson Randle. Just to have that extra depth off the bench.
WaltLongmire

7/24/2016  6:30 PM
How many guys were jumping for joy when Jackson signed Lance the first time?

How many guys were jumping for joy when we signed Lance a short time ago?

I look at Holiday in the same way, at this time. Maybe he shows us a reason to keep him...if not he costs little this year, and his contract ends this year.

That is the only way to look at him, IMO.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/24/2016  6:44 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I'd have to say watching those highlights he is a big upgrade to our backcourt. Holiday might even get more minutes then lee when hot. what a nice throw in he was defiantly going to help on d and the scoring load in the second unit.

jennings
Holiday
lance/MK
Ndour/MK
willy/oquinn

How is Willy "Billy" not talked about?? We've been talking about him since we drafted him and have been talking about him this whole off season.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/24/2016  7:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2016  7:10 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

He is on the Knicks now so he have to be great you know... unless he will not be... than he will suck.
May be we will give him some time to show what he has before making a big point?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
USA
7/24/2016  9:21 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:

He is on the Knicks now so he have to be great you know... unless he will not be... than he will suck.
May be we will give him some time to show what he has before making a big point?

Yes I think that is the general spirit most have about the kid. He's someone that the Knicks actually wanted from reports. I see nothing about him that makes me dislike him. Seems like he fits the style of play that Hornacek wants. He was on the Warriors and from what I saw of him he understands how to move without the ball and present himself as an open target. He moves into the sightlines of the guy with the ball. Trust me not every player understands this. Just watch what he does after he passes the ball or when he's off the ball in general.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

7/24/2016  10:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2016  11:03 PM

jennings
Holiday
lance/MK
Ndour/MK
willy/oquinn

I'm already picturing Willy as the backup 5, ahead of O'Quinn and Plumlee in the rotation. Training camp will have to play out but I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case entering the regular season.

We're gonna need something out of Holiday, no way around it. Sasha's got very little left--we're gonna need for Holiday to step up and assume more responsibility. It'll be interesting to see if Holiday does get more mins. than he's gotten, could he be a more productive player than Shumpert in Cleveland. He very well could be. I wonder how much better..

Man, the games against Cleveland are gonna be very interesting to watch. They're the champs and have everyone's respect but very quickly here, Phil's built a team that seems to match up quite well against them on paper. A lot of variables involved, I understand -- key acquisitions will need to regain old form or close to it (Rose & Noah), key FAs will need to perform as expected (Lee), Jennings needs to at least hold his own and not hurt us with poor shooting, Melo hopefully doesn't show too much slippage, KP hopefully takes a step forward and we don't have any major setbacks -- but these are games you circle on the calendar early and can't wait to see.

Don't sleep on Justin Holiday...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy