Orlando Summer League Schedule
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/8/2016  11:56 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I wouldve signed Christian Wood to a guaranteed three year contract

Let's tie two threads together.

The Spurs may be without Duncan (and it's now or next year)

The Spurs are likely losing Marjanovic.

The Spurs and Philly are 2 of only 4 teams in Utah so Spurs have seen him up close.

The Spurs are "the best organization in sports" for identifying young talent.

So why haven't the Spurs signed Wood, to even a one year, partial guarantee?

I had to answer the samne question when I went on a rant 6 years ago about why the Knicks should draft--then sign Hassan Whiteside. It turns out Whiteside was very good--just to young coming into the league. Wood has matured much quicker--hes a steal. We have no idea if Christian Wood has an offer or 6-7 offers but one team will be walking out with a top 5 type lottery talent in this year draft with Wood.

But you didn't answer the question at all.

You said singing Wood is what you would HAVE done, meaning already.

So why haven't the Spurs?

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/8/2016  12:25 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I wouldve signed Christian Wood to a guaranteed three year contract

The Spurs and Philly are 2 of only 4 teams in Utah so Spurs have seen him up close.

I had to answer the samne question when I went on a rant 6 years ago about why the Knicks should draft--then sign Hassan Whiteside. It turns out Whiteside was very good--just to young coming into the league. Wood has matured much quicker--hes a steal. We have no idea if Christian Wood has an offer or 6-7 offers but one team will be walking out with a top 5 type lottery talent in this year draft with Wood.

How do you or I know how many teams his agent might be talking to?

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

7/8/2016  12:39 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Again, you should you would have... meaning already.

So a fair question why hasn't the best organization in sports?

BRIGGS
7/8/2016  12:51 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I wouldve doesnt mean Wood would have?? Im sure Wood and his agent are looking for best spot where he can earn PT right away. Id play him behind Porzinigs if he came to the Knicks. Hes a 6-11 stretch 4/5 who has shown really nice help defense in this league. While his shooting and rebounding have been excellent--its the defense that has really turned this player up many notches. This isnt a guy who scored 20 one game with some lucky shooting. He played hard with limited minutes on both sides of the ball and dominated in a diverse way.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
7/8/2016  12:56 PM
Let me ask you a question knickstime-did you watch even 1 minute of Philly or Charlotte in the SL? Do you even know who Mike Tobey is or why he might be a lot better than Plumlee for the NBA?
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

7/8/2016  1:03 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I wouldve doesnt mean Wood would have?? Im sure Wood and his agent are looking for best spot where he can earn PT right away.

Okay, fair answer.

Then why the incessant posts when you acknowledge he's still an option for the Knicks? Your posts don't seem to have a point so far as i can tell.

Knickoftime

7/8/2016  1:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2016  1:50 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Let me ask you a question knickstime-did you watch even 1 minute of Philly or Charlotte in the SL? Do you even know who Mike Tobey is or why he might be a lot better than Plumlee for the NBA?

I know Tobey in passing from Virginia. Maybe saw him play a couple of times. I have not watched even a second of Philly or Charlotte in the SL much less a minute.

But that doesn't change the fact NBA team don't typically jump over one another trying to sign each other's summer league invitees fringe prospects. Nor do I expect the Knicks to somehow have first dibs on every player some dude on a message board (you) happen to like.

Tobey might very well be better than Plumlee. Remains to be seen but wouldn't be a crime if so.

Again, whatever your point is totally escapes me.

Okay, maybe Tobey will be better than Plumlee. Totally possible.

And...?

Knickoftime

7/8/2016  4:51 PM
Juggernaut!!!!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/8/2016  5:24 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Juggernaut!!!!

Wish we had played a team we hadn't played before...we already beat these guys.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime

7/8/2016  5:30 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Curious, however, that certain persons didn't seem to recognize how lack of a PG killed them the first 2 games.

Baker having himself a game again after a slowish start, btw. I guess 'Baker' needs to warm-up before he's ready to cook.

Get it?

WaltLongmire

7/8/2016  6:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2016  6:45 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Curious, however, that certain persons didn't seem to recognize how lack of a PG killed them the first 2 games.

Baker having himself a game again after a slowish start, btw. I guess 'Baker' needs to warm-up before he's ready to cook.

Get it?

Randle is kind of a score first PG, but he did give them a dynamic they did not have in the first 2 games.

Baker is a complete player. First half when he was shooting poorly he was still making good passes...should have had 6 assists-a couple of blown finishes on two of his best passes early in the game. Also a pretty fierce competitor. For me, he makes it easier to lose Galloway, who I wanted back.

He was more relaxed with his shot as the game went on with less hesitation.

He and Randle were a pretty good pair. Hope Randle gets invited to camp.

Labyrie was more comfortable during this game, too. So much of the game is played in the head.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Ira
Member: #91
7/8/2016  6:45 PM
How does Baker look on defense?
WaltLongmire

7/8/2016  6:52 PM
Ira wrote:How does Baker look on defense?

Pretty solid, IMO. Lots of steals, and he is stronger than I expected and has those long arms. Has gotten beaten a few times, but that is common these days. Anticipates and overplays at times with some success, and he's disruptive in the lanes.

He's really solid all around, but nothing spectacular.

If he doesn't go overseas (Italy rumor) he's going to make the team, I really have no doubt about it.

reub
Member: #6227

7/8/2016  8:23 PM
I hope Baker and Randle make the team. They have skills that can help now and both can be developed by Hornacek.

Baker is a younger version of Hornacek and Randle looks like a younger Teague. Not crazy about Plumlee because even though he is an active, strong body he has a limited offensive game and isn't a rim protector.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/8/2016  11:08 PM
I missed the game today, but I think Baker has the potential to be better than JJ Redick, because he's a two way player, who can do more than just shoot. In any other system, Baker would be an attractive asset to have. But in the triangle system, it's always hard to not over think....Which leads to robotic movements. I think he's catching on fairly well so far.

But they also know they only have a few games to shine, and the knicks have plenty of spots to fill. I'm sure somebody also told him to be aggressive on offense and shoot when open, instead of over passing or playing unselfish.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/9/2016  9:50 AM
When was the last time y'all watched JJ Reduce? A lot more than just catch and shoot nowadays.

That Simmons Kid is one ridiculous passer

The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire

7/9/2016  11:04 AM
TPercy wrote:When was the last time y'all watched JJ Reduce? A lot more than just catch and shoot nowadays.

He is a great passer...the guy really sees the floor, but once again, from watching his last game I cannot see any change in his jump shooting, and in the Utah game he was only 2/6 from the FT line, a place where he has to shoot 70+%, IMO.

Utah was also letting him get a head of steam and do his Lebron "get out of my way I getting to the hoop" imitation, where he would usually end up passing off (almost always to an open man).

You can also see how much weight he gained, which is impressive.

Should be an interesting game for Simmons tonight as he faces Ingram, Russell, and the Lakers.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/9/2016  11:24 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:When was the last time y'all watched JJ Reduce? A lot more than just catch and shoot nowadays.

He is a great passer...the guy really sees the floor, but once again, from watching his last game I cannot see any change in his jump shooting, and in the Utah game he was only 2/6 from the FT line, a place where he has to shoot 70+%, IMO.

Utah was also letting him get a head of steam and do his Lebron "get out of my way I getting to the hoop" imitation, where he would usually end up passing off (almost always to an open man).

Should be an interesting game for Simmons tonight as he faces Ingram, Russell, and the Lakers.

Kid got talent but damn, he looks skinnier than an anorexic Garnett his rookie year.

~You can't run from who you are.~
WaltLongmire

7/9/2016  12:38 PM
joec32033 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Kid got talent but damn, he looks skinnier than an anorexic Garnett his rookie year.

Simmons or Ingram? Simmons put on 20 lbs, at least, according to what I heard...Ingram has had trouble gaining weight so far.
wargames
Member: #6053

7/9/2016  12:50 PM
Ingram might have to learn to be wiry strong like Garnett use to be.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Orlando Summer League Schedule

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy