[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Joakim Noah??
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

5/26/2016  4:35 PM
mreinman wrote:
wargames wrote:My instinct is to say No. However if Phil wants him (or expects to get him) then I would suppose they would have a trade set up for RoLo as well.....

why does everyone keep mentioning the idea of rolo being traded?? Seems like nobody really appreciates him or thinks he is valuable enough to us to want to keep him.

Your mistaken. I would prefer we keep RoLo, however if the rumors are true (though I think its unlikely) I can't see a situation where RoLo and Noah are on the same roster.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/26/2016  4:45 PM
mreinman wrote:
wargames wrote:My instinct is to say No. However if Phil wants him (or expects to get him) then I would suppose they would have a trade set up for RoLo as well.....

why does everyone keep mentioning the idea of rolo being traded?? Seems like nobody really appreciates him or thinks he is valuable enough to us to want to keep him.

dude there isn't a player on this roster in the last 15 yrs, that his name hasn't been included in a trade

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/26/2016  4:45 PM
mreinman wrote:

dude there isn't a player on this roster in the last 15 yrs, that his name hasn't been included in a trade

ES
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
5/26/2016  4:47 PM
phil didn't give RoLo a no-trade?
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
5/26/2016  4:52 PM
No way.. Noah is not the same player from 5 yrs ago. He's on the decline. Also we suppose to see our 2nd round pick young big man Hernangomez who played overseas with KP.. Hernangomez is a talented young big man.. He's going to need some playing time and bringing in Noah won't help....
The Future. GO KNICKS!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/26/2016  5:05 PM
Knixkik wrote:I don't really see it as a good option. He is always hurt and will definitely command a long-term contract. I want to invest in the backcourt and stay as is until next summer to see what is out there. We need to preserve max cap space and Noah seems like a setup for failure. I may also be in the minority here, but i still believe O'Quinn can be a solid backup center here. I think with O'Quinn and Willy as reserves, and KP shifting to the 5 in a "smaller" lineup, we have more than enough at the center position. If anything, we should be targeting an athletic backup PF, if we are looking to add to the frontcourt.

I agree 100% with everything.

And you're right about the PF type role - someone like a Kris Humphries type player, who can come in and clean up on the boards, make an impact in limited minutes.

And I believe in KOQ. His numbers aren't bad, his contract great value. And he should some flashes of doing the things you want- occupying space, grab boards.

Was he the 2nd coming of Shaq? No. If you told me our front court was going to be KP, KOQ & ROLO, I'm totally happy with those three, and slide Melo to the 4 when we go small.

Hopefully with a real coach running their system from day 1, we'll actually see some of our players step up their games.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/26/2016  5:14 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I don't really see it as a good option. He is always hurt and will definitely command a long-term contract. I want to invest in the backcourt and stay as is until next summer to see what is out there. We need to preserve max cap space and Noah seems like a setup for failure. I may also be in the minority here, but i still believe O'Quinn can be a solid backup center here. I think with O'Quinn and Willy as reserves, and KP shifting to the 5 in a "smaller" lineup, we have more than enough at the center position. If anything, we should be targeting an athletic backup PF, if we are looking to add to the frontcourt.

You're definitely in the minority with KOQ being a good backup center, the guy doesn't wanna play under the rim where the center needs to be. He doesn't play defense and isn't a good rebounder and i don't know how many times i saw him get the ball under the basket or close to the basket and not do anything with the ball but pass it back outside. He has a decent outside shot and is a good passer for a big man but if anything he's a backup PF that can play some C if needed.

he is not even a decent backup. He is pretty awful.

He's only 25 years old and should be decent in a different system. He's also on a bargain contract. He's a solid rim protector, solid rebounder, and can hit an open shot. He has holes in his game, but no reason he can't be a solid 15 mpg guy.

Knixkik
USA
5/26/2016  5:15 PM
franco12 wrote:

I agree 100% with everything.

And you're right about the PF type role - someone like a Kris Humphries type player, who can come in and clean up on the boards, make an impact in limited minutes.

And I believe in KOQ. His numbers aren't bad, his contract great value. And he should some flashes of doing the things you want- occupying space, grab boards.

Was he the 2nd coming of Shaq? No. If you told me our front court was going to be KP, KOQ & ROLO, I'm totally happy with those three, and slide Melo to the 4 when we go small.

Hopefully with a real coach running their system from day 1, we'll actually see some of our players step up their games.

Thank you. He's not that bad. He had his moments this season. Effort was only there sometimes. I think if he is motivated and gets in better shape, he will be okay.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/26/2016  7:31 PM
mreinman wrote:

I have the same exact question. Rolo is an excellent player and in terms of value for dollars paid his the best we have in a non rookie contract.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/26/2016  9:57 PM
I can see where Phil goes after Noah and trades Rolo to Boston for draft pick.
wargames

5/26/2016  10:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/26/2016  10:09 PM
Vmart wrote:I can see where Phil goes after Noah and trades Rolo to Boston for draft pick.

Yeah that would be the only scenario that would make sense for going for Noah. Phil would have a plan for trading RoLo. Keep in mind i Like RoLo and would prefer to keep him but if the rumor is true then I could see that being the only solid scenario for them to go after Noah.

mreinman
Member: #3189

5/26/2016  10:24 PM
wargames wrote:
Vmart wrote:I can see where Phil goes after Noah and trades Rolo to Boston for draft pick.

Yeah that would be the only scenario that would make sense for going for Noah. Phil would have a plan for trading RoLo. Keep in mind i Like RoLo and would prefer to keep him but if the rumor is true then I could see that being the only solid scenario for them to go after Noah.

which would mean that you are predicting that phil will make a terrible move?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/26/2016  11:42 PM
WOODMANnYk wrote:No way.. Noah is not the same player from 5 yrs ago. He's on the decline. Also we suppose to see our 2nd round pick young big man Hernangomez who played overseas with KP.. Hernangomez is a talented young big man.. He's going to need some playing time and bringing in Noah won't help....

Agree. Did we not learn our lesson with AA. Overhyped players with past success that are just not the same. Hopefully Phil goes with younger talent woth potential. Aka WH.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
wargames

5/26/2016  11:45 PM
mreinman wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm not going to judge it until I see the whole thing. This is a rumor I don't even really believe. I am just discussing the hypothetical

mreinman

5/26/2016  11:52 PM
wargames wrote:
mreinman wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm not going to judge it until I see the whole thing. This is a rumor I don't even really believe. I am just discussing the hypothetical

ok ... well I will say that if the rumor is true or not, there is no way that they trade rolo

Knixkik
USA
5/27/2016  10:09 AM

I don't understand the thought process of trading Lopez who is younger, durable, and proved to be a great fit here for a pick, and replacing him with an older player that can't stay on the floor. We need to build continuity and work with the core that we have, build from there.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/27/2016  10:57 AM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

You're definitely in the minority with KOQ being a good backup center, the guy doesn't wanna play under the rim where the center needs to be. He doesn't play defense and isn't a good rebounder and i don't know how many times i saw him get the ball under the basket or close to the basket and not do anything with the ball but pass it back outside. He has a decent outside shot and is a good passer for a big man but if anything he's a backup PF that can play some C if needed.

he is not even a decent backup. He is pretty awful.

We don't agree much but he was absolutely pretty awful last season and so wasn't Seraphin but i think both of them could be better on a winning team especially Seraphin. Seraphin is a much better player than what we saw from him with us last season. The Knicks will be a better team next season and playing for a players coach in JH and when you have players that enjoy playing for their coach and enjoy playing with their teammates they will usually play their best basketball. So hopefully with a system that's more player friendly and with a head coach that players love playing for we'll get a better season out of not only KOQ but from all of our young guys.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/27/2016  11:02 AM
mreinman wrote:

You do actually read these boards right?? If you do then you would know that all season we talked about Rolo and how much better he's been for us and how happy most are with his signing. I don't think anyone wants to trade Rolo unless it's to better this team and sometimes you have to trade players you like to get better as a team so if the right trade is out there for Rolo that makes us a better team then you make that trade no matter how much you like Rolo. I've clearly been one of Rolo's biggest supporters all year but i want this team to be a team that's contending for not only deep playoff runs but for championships so if it takes a trade of Rolo then i'm for it but it has to be the right trade.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/27/2016  11:08 AM
I'd be okay with this if we traded Rolo for Teague. I wouldn't view Noah as a full time starter, more of a placeholder while we wait for KP to develop.
mreinman

5/27/2016  11:15 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:

You do actually read these boards right?? If you do then you would know that all season we talked about Rolo and how much better he's been for us and how happy most are with his signing. I don't think anyone wants to trade Rolo unless it's to better this team and sometimes you have to trade players you like to get better as a team so if the right trade is out there for Rolo that makes us a better team then you make that trade no matter how much you like Rolo. I've clearly been one of Rolo's biggest supporters all year but i want this team to be a team that's contending for not only deep playoff runs but for championships so if it takes a trade of Rolo then i'm for it but it has to be the right trade.

you seem to do that a lot "You do actually read these boards right??" - a bit childish (not that you meant it that way) ...

we usually don't throw guys out there as constant trade bait if we really appreciate him. Sounds like many say that they know he good but can easily bare to be without him.

Joakim Noah??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy