[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Id like to hear how Horaneck will run the team
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/25/2016  9:41 AM
Is he going to play up tempo? You might have to change your whole thought process on player acquisition.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/25/2016  9:45 AM
This is how I see it Knicks are going to try and be up tempo to start and eventually become a slow it down team. Hornacek will eventually fall in line with the way Melo wants to play.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/25/2016  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  10:17 AM
I doubt Phil brought JH in looking to change our whole style of play. That would be the type of dysfuntional stuff we have done in the past. Changing identities and plans yr after yr. JH was most likely chosen due to selling Phil on how he can enhance the triangle base offense with things that made sense.

With that said we are going to need top notch guard play for any system to really work. And that hasn't been the case in NY for many yrs other then a couple flashes.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
callmened
Member: #4234

5/25/2016  10:24 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Is he going to play up tempo? You might have to change your whole thought process on player acquisition.

i concur! like this changes everything to me. yes they still need a PG and SG but some are more suited for fast paced, shooting, triangle etc.

in my opinion, i would cross e. turner and rondo off the list. the "old" hornecek liked floor spacing and 3s. now i would go after jennings and crabbe. are they superstars or solid players...not really. but with our cap space around 28-32 mill, id invest in those two and resign d. will, lance and gallo

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/25/2016  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  10:47 AM
I'm fairly certain he's going to tailor his attack to the personnel on hand... I doubt anyone gets hired by Phil who requires the type of players we have currently get traded. There has to be simpatico. So my guess is that he'll tailor his scheme to the talent on hand
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/25/2016  11:08 AM
I'd like to hear he signed his contract.
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

5/25/2016  11:10 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I doubt Phil brought JH in looking to change our whole style of play.
That would be the type of dysfuntional stuff we have done in the past.
Changing identities and plans yr after yr. JH was most likely chosen due
to selling Phil on how he can enhance the triangle base offense with things that made sense.
My gawd . . . let's hope this is true.

I'm flabbergasted that anyone should think otherwise.

Malcolm
Member: #6131

5/25/2016  11:12 AM
Malcolm wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I doubt Phil brought JH in looking to change our whole style of play.
That would be the type of dysfuntional stuff we have done in the past.
Changing identities and plans yr after yr. JH was most likely chosen due
to selling Phil on how he can enhance the triangle base offense with things that made sense.
My gawd . . . let's hope this is true.

I'm flabbergasted that anyone should think otherwise.

I mean what are you going to do in 18 months if Hornacek's "new"
offense . . . fails (?)

Hire yet someone ELSE . . . and try the wishbone (?)

SupremeCommander

5/25/2016  11:44 AM
Nalod wrote:I'd like to hear he signed his contract.

+1

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/25/2016  11:48 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm fairly certain he's going to tailor his attack to the personnel on hand... I doubt anyone gets hired by Phil who requires the type of players we have currently get traded. There has to be simpatico. So my guess is that he'll tailor his scheme to the talent on hand

unlike Fisher and Rambis!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SupremeCommander

5/25/2016  11:53 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm fairly certain he's going to tailor his attack to the personnel on hand... I doubt anyone gets hired by Phil who requires the type of players we have currently get traded. There has to be simpatico. So my guess is that he'll tailor his scheme to the talent on hand

unlike Fisher and Rambis!

Touche... I think the Knicks are the only team in the league that would have hired those two though. I don't think Hornacek is in that same group. I think he would have been able to land somewhere else so I have a hard time believing that Phil would be making demands on style...even though history seems to be siding with you.

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/25/2016  3:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  3:56 PM
HERE'S HIS PHILOSOPHY WHEN ASK BACK WHEN HE WAS STARTING WITH THE SUNS

Q: What kind of system are you going to lean on? Every team is a pick-and-roll team to some degree, but what kind of stuff will serve as the bread and butter -- side pick-and-rolls, the old Utah flex, Rick Adelman corner stuff, or something else?

A: You have to get a read on your players and what suits them the best. When you look at the game today, with the rule changes -- that's why everyone is going to some sort of pick-and-roll. The rules are, you can't touch that guy with your hands. It's not like the old days, where you could hand check.

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/25/2016  4:00 PM
Seems to me that if Phil wanted no change at all then he would've just kept Rambis. That doesn't mean we'll turn into the Suns or Warriors but I think some degree of change can be expected. A lot of it is dependent on what Phil does with the roster this summer. JH is gonna be involved now so that could impact who Phil goes after.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/25/2016  4:40 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

+1

+2

I'm sure a lot of questions will be answered in his press conference... when it happens.

¿ △ ?
Nalod
USA
5/26/2016  8:31 AM
crzymdups wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

+1

+2

I'm sure a lot of questions will be answered in his press conference... when it happens.

Id rather we try to fill in the blanks and get angry.

crzymdups
USA
5/26/2016  9:38 AM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

+1

+2

Plenty of reports have said that many Knicks team executives even thought that Phil would hire Rambis and that was the point of the Triangle mini camp - people from Ken Berger, Ramona Shelburne, to Howard Beck - some of the most respected general NBA reporters in the league. Plenty of reports have also said that it is believed Dolan may have blocked the hire for whatever reason. Phil took a road trip to think it over and comes back and interviews Vogel and Hornacek and supposedly will hire Hornacek. I applaud what seems like a good decision.

In the end it doesn't matter, but I think something weird happened. This idea that it was a straight forward search without a few twist and turns is silly. There were clearly some twists and turns. And I don't get why it was so bad to speculate about what those twists were. I admit I was upset about the idea of Rambis, because I saw regression in the whole team, particularly in guys like Afflalo and KP and even Melo. I think he would've been a disaster of a coach, particularly for KP. Rambis's idea that KP should have been a small forward and maybe should come off the bench were absurd and showed how backwards and conservative his thinking about the game is.

The supposed "Phil lovers" started out by saying Rambis would be a good coach and it wasn't fair to judge him on his record in Minnesota because of the roster or New York, because of the roster. I was told that a head coach doesn't even really matter. Then when he hired Hornacek I was told it was a brilliant hire and I had no idea what I was talking about. In the end - none of us had any idea what we were talking about. We were all speculating. I was speculating that Phil wanted Rambis and Dolan told him no. Some here were speculating that Phil wanted Rambis and was committed to the Triangle and Rambis knew it best. In the end, it doesn't matter, but nothing I said was wildly wrong and in fact it may actually be what happened. Supposedly Rambis is pissed. It remains to be seen if he is back with the team or not. I sort of wonder if the coaching staff roster - whether Hornacek has to keep Rambis as top assistant - is the hold up here.

Anyway, I'm sorry my curiosity about what goes on with this team bothers you so much. You're free to ignore my threads and read the free agent speculation threads instead. I just happen to think Portland will match on Crabbe so I'm not that fascinated in talking about how we should sign him over and over again. I thought the head coaching search was very interesting - as Briggs' thread right here suggests - it has a lot to do with how we'll play next season and which free agents are good fits. Now we can move forward. And we move forward with a good young coach who has overachieved with limited rosters in smart and innovative ways. I think coaches matter. And I do think things happen behind the scenes on this team that we don't know about. People here make blanket assumptions that Isola is dead wrong all the time and making stuff up. You really think he just makes stuff up? I think he has some sources - they may be bitter sources within the organization who take a negative view of things, but I believe they are in fact part of the puzzle. And I like playing with the puzzle pieces to try to make a picture. If I'm wrong, does it really hurt anyone? Is it really that much different than folks saying last summer that they thought we'd sign Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green? It's all speculation. That's half the fun of sports. Adding some narrative to grown men playing a game. I've seen plenty of threads where you've speculated about the goings on both on the court and behind the scenes in the front office. I don't think I've concern trolled you very much when you've made those threads. If I'm not interested, I just don't reply.

¿ △ ?
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/26/2016  9:51 AM
^^ Was Dolan the shadowey figure on the grassy knoll?

Crzy, i love your posts but i think you're way over-thinking this. Phil did the camp because he thought the players would benefit from it. Would you prefer he didn't do it? Or would you prefer that he gets a chance to connect with Grant and others and give them the opportunity to see how it's done from a real coach

I also think Phil liked Rambis as a coach and loved him as a colleague, but he didn't love him as a coach. If he did he would have called him head coach back when Fish was fired, or at least at the end of the season, or you could make the case he would have hired him when Kerr reneged. You're overstating the love affair

There was no way Phil would go around criticizing Rambis while looking for someone he thought was more qualified to be head coach. First, he respects Rambis too much. Second, what would be the point in that -- give fodder for the Isolas of the world?

The most likely reality is that Phil was telling the truth. He liked Hornacek and he liked Vogel and Blatt; he didn't bother with Thibs (which i think shows wisdom) and he let it play out at the pace he wanted, not the pace the whiney media wanted. Hats off to him

(5)(5)
crzymdups
USA
5/26/2016  9:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/26/2016  9:58 AM
Chandler wrote:I think

I also think

Exactly. We're all just speculating.

Chandler wrote:The most likely reality

The most likely reality is none of us knows and we're all just speculating until something happens.

¿ △ ?
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/26/2016  10:00 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:I think

I also think

Exactly. We're all just speculating.

so are the kenenedy conspiracy theorists, and the UFO fans. Not sure what the point is

Just stop and ask yourself do you think Phil would let Dolan tell him what to do? Woould you, if you were in Phil's shoes, had his record of achievement, were financially secure, etc. NFW

don't believe the media on this; don't even let them influence you. you're smarter than that!

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
5/26/2016  10:03 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

+1

+2

Plenty of reports have said that many Knicks team executives even thought that Phil would hire Rambis and that was the point of the Triangle mini camp - people from Ken Berger, Ramona Shelburne, to Howard Beck - some of the most respected general NBA reporters in the league. Plenty of reports have also said that it is believed Dolan may have blocked the hire for whatever reason. Phil took a road trip to think it over and comes back and interviews Vogel and Hornacek and supposedly will hire Hornacek. I applaud what seems like a good decision.

In the end it doesn't matter, but I think something weird happened. This idea that it was a straight forward search without a few twist and turns is silly. There were clearly some twists and turns. And I don't get why it was so bad to speculate about what those twists were. I admit I was upset about the idea of Rambis, because I saw regression in the whole team, particularly in guys like Afflalo and KP and even Melo. I think he would've been a disaster of a coach, particularly for KP. Rambis's idea that KP should have been a small forward and maybe should come off the bench were absurd and showed how backwards and conservative his thinking about the game is.

The supposed "Phil lovers" started out by saying Rambis would be a good coach and it wasn't fair to judge him on his record in Minnesota because of the roster or New York, because of the roster. I was told that a head coach doesn't even really matter. Then when he hired Hornacek I was told it was a brilliant hire and I had no idea what I was talking about. In the end - none of us had any idea what we were talking about. We were all speculating. I was speculating that Phil wanted Rambis and Dolan told him no. Some here were speculating that Phil wanted Rambis and was committed to the Triangle and Rambis knew it best. In the end, it doesn't matter, but nothing I said was wildly wrong and in fact it may actually be what happened. Supposedly Rambis is pissed. It remains to be seen if he is back with the team or not. I sort of wonder if the coaching staff roster - whether Hornacek has to keep Rambis as top assistant - is the hold up here.

Anyway, I'm sorry my curiosity about what goes on with this team bothers you so much. You're free to ignore my threads and read the free agent speculation threads instead. I just happen to think Portland will match on Crabbe so I'm not that fascinated in talking about how we should sign him over and over again. I thought the head coaching search was very interesting - as Briggs' thread right here suggests - it has a lot to do with how we'll play next season and which free agents are good fits. Now we can move forward. And we move forward with a good young coach who has overachieved with limited rosters in smart and innovative ways. I think coaches matter. And I do think things happen behind the scenes on this team that we don't know about. People here make blanket assumptions that Isola is dead wrong all the time and making stuff up. You really think he just makes stuff up? I think he has some sources - they may be bitter sources within the organization who take a negative view of things, but I believe they are in fact part of the puzzle. And I like playing with the puzzle pieces to try to make a picture. If I'm wrong, does it really hurt anyone? Is it really that much different than folks saying last summer that they thought we'd sign Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green? It's all speculation. That's half the fun of sports. Adding some narrative to grown men playing a game. I've seen plenty of threads where you've speculated about the goings on both on the court and behind the scenes in the front office. I don't think I've concern trolled you very much when you've made those threads. If I'm not interested, I just don't reply.

Crzy, Sorry you took the time to write all this, but its your manifesto of sorts.
sorry to have struck a nerve, in fact I was kind of being generic and not really calling you out specifically.
Fact is, you have enough good post capital built up so I kind of have moved forward. out of respect I won't respond to the mentioned topic as its all be said before.
I was really thinking the media, not you. I can see how you would have thought otherwise. Peace!

Id like to hear how Horaneck will run the team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy