5/25/2016  10:39 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:Realistically all these posts about centers pf and etc are useless. Thats not the current needs for the Knicks, we need Guard and other scoring help.
If we are going to Keep wroten or Grant than we need a star Shooting Guard, Bradley Beal or Derozan. The best option is to get Rondo and Evan Fournier. And some solid additions to the bench. This gives us a proven point guard a great shooter and slasher and at the 3 4 and 5 position we are solid.

I like the combination of Rondo and Fournier. Only issue i have with it is you have eliminated the possibility of adding one of the 2017 free agent PGs. Another option i like at half the cost is Dellavedova at PG. He is not necessarily the answer, but he can split time with Grant and brings a different skillset at the position. He's a great outside shooter, scrappy defender, good passer, and only 25 years old. With a backcourt of Dellavedova and either Fournier, Bazemore, or Crabbe, you have a couple of 2-way guards who can play off of Melo and Porzingis perfectly. It isn't the sexiest option, but it is a shooter's league, and we will overachieve expectations with a backcourt that has 2 knock-down shooters and solid defenders.

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill
SG Fournier (or Bazemore or Crabbe)/Galloway
PG Dellavedova/Grant/Wroten

Dellavedova - Please no i would be good with Grant and Wroten. Second Galloway needs to go lets get some more talent here. Lets not think about 2017 lets think about next year if we do well this summer we can challenge Raptors and Cavs and Miami we need a proven player rondo and conley. Fournier wont get more than 15.

Grant and Wroten could work out fine, but its a gamble. Wroten is not a proven NBA rotation player, huge question mark there, especially coming off injury. Anything he brings to the table is a bonus. Grant showed some promise at the end of the year, and looks the part to be at least a high-quality backup. Neither player can shoot, defend, or create for others at a high caliber...yet. Maybe that changes. Dellavedova give us an opportunity to acquire a young, scrappy guard who can shoot, defend, and has good playoff experience without breaking the bank, sacrificing the future, or hindering the growth of Grant/Wroten. He will not play 36 mpg and can slide to the SG when needed. We need to add shooting and defense to the lineup to surround Melo, Porzingis, and Lopez with.

Don't underestimate Wroten or Grant's defense cause both play pretty good defense.

They are not good defenders yet. Both have the potential to be but it's a work in progress.

I think that Grant is a pretty good defender for a young guy.

Hey not having Jose n AA playing starters minutes but maybe Grant or Wroten being in the rotation will be a major upgrade IMO.

I think that Jose is going to surprise people a lot under JH

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
New York Knick Team needs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy