[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New York Knick Team needs
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/25/2016  5:47 PM
Crabbe will certainly be matched. Fournier will PROBABLY be matched. You want a RFA shooting guard that won't get matched because of team cap stuff? Dion Waiters. The OKC are at about $68M in salary... before signing Kevin Durant, who will take around $25-30M per year to sign aka all their cap room.

I love the way Waiters is playing in these playoffs. I just don't know if I trust him to do it over a full season.

But I think he's very attainable as an RFA - in the $12-14M/yr range.

THAT SAID

I'd still rather sign Brandon Jennings at PG and then a guy like Bazemore or Courtney Lee for a SG. And if possible, I wouldn't mind keeping Afflalo off the bench. I think Afflalo would be better under Hornacek - he was terrible under Rambis because Rambis used him wrong and put him in the wrong spots. Afflalo was pretty good under Fisher.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/25/2016  5:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:Crabbe will certainly be matched. Fournier will PROBABLY be matched. You want a RFA shooting guard that won't get matched because of team cap stuff? Dion Waiters. The OKC are at about $68M in salary... before signing Kevin Durant, who will take around $25-30M per year to sign aka all their cap room.

I love the way Waiters is playing in these playoffs. I just don't know if I trust him to do it over a full season.

THAT SAID

I'd still rather sign Brandon Jennings at PG and then a guy like Bazemore or Courtney Lee for a SG. And if possible, I wouldn't mind keeping Afflalo off the bench. I think Afflalo would be better under Hornacek - he was terrible under Rambis because Rambis used him wrong and put him in the wrong spots. Afflalo was pretty good under Fisher.

I think Waiters could be a really good fit but I think OKC really likes him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
5/25/2016  5:50 PM
I'd be more than happy to go into next season with:

PG - Jennings / Grant / Wroten
SG - Bazemore / Afflalo / Galloway
SF - Melo / Lance / (Afflalo plays here too when we go small)
PF - KP / DWill / (Melo plays here with either KP or Rolo @5 when we go small)
C - Rolo / Hernangomez / KOQ

IR - Calderon (on bench as a de facto assistant, plays if Wroten washes out), NBDL - Early or maybe a draft pick if we can get one.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
5/25/2016  5:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Crabbe will certainly be matched. Fournier will PROBABLY be matched. You want a RFA shooting guard that won't get matched because of team cap stuff? Dion Waiters. The OKC are at about $68M in salary... before signing Kevin Durant, who will take around $25-30M per year to sign aka all their cap room.

THAT SAID

I think they do like him, but look at their cap situation. They need all the money to keep Durant. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city_thunder/

They could create space for him and maybe Waiters takes less to stay? But I think of all the RFA, he is attainable. He and Harrison Barnes - mainly because of cap math for those teams. They can't really afford to pay those guys fair market price.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/25/2016  5:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

THAT SAID

I think they do like him, but look at their cap situation. They need all the money to keep Durant. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city_thunder/

They could create space for him and maybe Waiters takes less to stay? But I think of all the RFA, he is attainable. He and Harrison Barnes - mainly because of cap math for those teams. They can't really afford to pay those guys fair market price.

I'm pretty sure that Phil and his staff are paying particular attention to the RFA's in tight Cap situations. It's the most likely scenario to get a younger quality Guard or Wing. It's the low hanging fruit this summer IMO.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/25/2016  6:38 PM
Are people really ready to overrate Waiters based on a good playoff run? This is just a blimp on an awful playing career so far. On top of that you want to take him away from a talented team and ask him to play a bigger role. Dude is just on a Shump role. He'll likely fall back down to earth next year after someone overpays for him.
crzymdups
USA
5/25/2016  6:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  6:43 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Are people really ready to overrate Waiters based on a good playoff run? This is just a blimp on an awful playing career so far. On top of that you want to take him away from a talented team and ask him to play a bigger role. Dude is just on a Shump role. He'll likely fall back down to earth next year after someone overpays for him.

He's 24. Also - If you read the words I wrote, you would see that I said I think he could be had as an RFA, but that I would rather have Jennings.

I was just talking about an RFA that would actually be available as opposed to the pipe dream of Crabbe or Fournier.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90

5/25/2016  7:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Are people really ready to overrate Waiters based on a good playoff run? This is just a blimp on an awful playing career so far. On top of that you want to take him away from a talented team and ask him to play a bigger role. Dude is just on a Shump role. He'll likely fall back down to earth next year after someone overpays for him.

He's 24. Also - If you read the words I wrote, you would see that I said I think he could be had as an RFA, but that I would rather have Jennings.

I was just talking about an RFA that would actually be available as opposed to the pipe dream of Crabbe or Fournier.

I see that but have notice an uptick around different boards suggesting Waiters to be signed. I'd rather live and die with the pipe dram then sign players like Bayless, Augustin, or Sessions on lower cost deals than go after Waiters or Jennings. Jennings speed and quickness has not returned and even when he had them he was not that good. Now if he wants to take a deal like D.Will had with a team option then bring him in after the dust settles but he'll probably get money from some team.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/25/2016  7:08 PM

I've always liked Waiters. I think he was taken too high in the draft but I was really excited when the Knicks were trading Shump and JR and the initial reports were that WIters was coming to NY. I don't think he becomes available but I would be excited if he became a knick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/25/2016  7:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:Realistically all these posts about centers pf and etc are useless. Thats not the current needs for the Knicks, we need Guard and other scoring help.
If we are going to Keep wroten or Grant than we need a star Shooting Guard, Bradley Beal or Derozan. The best option is to get Rondo and Evan Fournier. And some solid additions to the bench. This gives us a proven point guard a great shooter and slasher and at the 3 4 and 5 position we are solid.

I like the combination of Rondo and Fournier. Only issue i have with it is you have eliminated the possibility of adding one of the 2017 free agent PGs. Another option i like at half the cost is Dellavedova at PG. He is not necessarily the answer, but he can split time with Grant and brings a different skillset at the position. He's a great outside shooter, scrappy defender, good passer, and only 25 years old. With a backcourt of Dellavedova and either Fournier, Bazemore, or Crabbe, you have a couple of 2-way guards who can play off of Melo and Porzingis perfectly. It isn't the sexiest option, but it is a shooter's league, and we will overachieve expectations with a backcourt that has 2 knock-down shooters and solid defenders.

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill
SG Fournier (or Bazemore or Crabbe)/Galloway
PG Dellavedova/Grant/Wroten

Dellavedova - Please no i would be good with Grant and Wroten. Second Galloway needs to go lets get some more talent here. Lets not think about 2017 lets think about next year if we do well this summer we can challenge Raptors and Cavs and Miami we need a proven player rondo and conley. Fournier wont get more than 15.

Grant and Wroten could work out fine, but its a gamble. Wroten is not a proven NBA rotation player, huge question mark there, especially coming off injury. Anything he brings to the table is a bonus. Grant showed some promise at the end of the year, and looks the part to be at least a high-quality backup. Neither player can shoot, defend, or create for others at a high caliber...yet. Maybe that changes. Dellavedova give us an opportunity to acquire a young, scrappy guard who can shoot, defend, and has good playoff experience without breaking the bank, sacrificing the future, or hindering the growth of Grant/Wroten. He will not play 36 mpg and can slide to the SG when needed. We need to add shooting and defense to the lineup to surround Melo, Porzingis, and Lopez with.

Don't underestimate Wroten or Grant's defense cause both play pretty good defense.

newyorker4ever

5/25/2016  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  7:27 PM

THAT SAID

Oh my goodness you're still finding ways to take shots at Rambis. I'm not even trying to be a jackazz but you should really try your best to get over it. Waiters is a bench player and i really don't wanna give half or more than half of the cap space we'll have on a bench player. He has played well in the playoffs and of course there's always a chance that maybe he's finding his way but i'd rather see him play like he's playing in the playoffs for a seaon rather than just 10/15 games before i give that kind of money to a guy. Afflalo will be just as bad under Hornacek as he was under Rambis. He was put in an offense that one of the main things is passing until a guy gets an open shot and he didn't pass at all and that's on Rambis?? Hahahaha

yellowboy90

5/25/2016  7:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I've always liked Waiters. I think he was taken too high in the draft but I was really excited when the Knicks were trading Shump and JR and the initial reports were that WIters was coming to NY. I don't think he becomes available but I would be excited if he became a knick.

Besides having an NBA body there is not much to like. Even if he was picked in the 20s he would have been a bad pick. He is a worse version of Shumpert across the board with a similar attitude.

yellowboy90

5/25/2016  7:25 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:Realistically all these posts about centers pf and etc are useless. Thats not the current needs for the Knicks, we need Guard and other scoring help.
If we are going to Keep wroten or Grant than we need a star Shooting Guard, Bradley Beal or Derozan. The best option is to get Rondo and Evan Fournier. And some solid additions to the bench. This gives us a proven point guard a great shooter and slasher and at the 3 4 and 5 position we are solid.

I like the combination of Rondo and Fournier. Only issue i have with it is you have eliminated the possibility of adding one of the 2017 free agent PGs. Another option i like at half the cost is Dellavedova at PG. He is not necessarily the answer, but he can split time with Grant and brings a different skillset at the position. He's a great outside shooter, scrappy defender, good passer, and only 25 years old. With a backcourt of Dellavedova and either Fournier, Bazemore, or Crabbe, you have a couple of 2-way guards who can play off of Melo and Porzingis perfectly. It isn't the sexiest option, but it is a shooter's league, and we will overachieve expectations with a backcourt that has 2 knock-down shooters and solid defenders.

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill

Dellavedova - Please no i would be good with Grant and Wroten. Second Galloway needs to go lets get some more talent here. Lets not think about 2017 lets think about next year if we do well this summer we can challenge Raptors and Cavs and Miami we need a proven player rondo and conley. Fournier wont get more than 15.

Grant and Wroten could work out fine, but its a gamble. Wroten is not a proven NBA rotation player, huge question mark there, especially coming off injury. Anything he brings to the table is a bonus. Grant showed some promise at the end of the year, and looks the part to be at least a high-quality backup. Neither player can shoot, defend, or create for others at a high caliber...yet. Maybe that changes. Dellavedova give us an opportunity to acquire a young, scrappy guard who can shoot, defend, and has good playoff experience without breaking the bank, sacrificing the future, or hindering the growth of Grant/Wroten. He will not play 36 mpg and can slide to the SG when needed. We need to add shooting and defense to the lineup to surround Melo, Porzingis, and Lopez with.

Don't underestimate Wroten or Grant's defense cause both play pretty good defense.

Wroten defense is gamble based. He is not a good defender but I will give he some leeway for playing on Philly. Grant's defense is a work in progress. He needs to get stronger and do a better job playing the PnR.

newyorker4ever

5/25/2016  7:29 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill

Wroten defense is gamble based. He is not a good defender but I will give he some leeway for playing on Philly. Grant's defense is a work in progress. He needs to get stronger and do a better job playing the PnR.

That's why i said they both play pretty good defense but i do think they're both better than you think. They're not great but they have potential especially Grant.

reub
Member: #6227

5/25/2016  7:39 PM
Grant and Wroten are very similar. We need two outside threat shooting guards to pair with them.
nixluva
USA
5/25/2016  8:07 PM
reub wrote:Grant and Wroten are very similar. We need two outside threat shooting guards to pair with them.

That's what it appears Phil is looking for in addition to another PG. SG's and Wings have been interviewed and I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of workouts with guys that can bring strong 3nD talent to the team.
mrcool
Member: #3975

5/25/2016  9:47 PM
crzymdups wrote:I'd be more than happy to go into next season with:

PG - Jennings / Grant / Wroten
SG - Bazemore / Afflalo / Galloway
SF - Melo / Lance / (Afflalo plays here too when we go small)
PF - KP / DWill / (Melo plays here with either KP or Rolo @5 when we go small)
C - Rolo / Hernangomez / KOQ

IR - Calderon (on bench as a de facto assistant, plays if Wroten washes out), NBDL - Early or maybe a draft pick if we can get one.

Affalo Early Galloway and Caldron all need to be let go.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/25/2016  10:16 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill

They are not good defenders yet. Both have the potential to be but it's a work in progress.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/25/2016  10:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill

They are not good defenders yet. Both have the potential to be but it's a work in progress.

I think that Grant is a pretty good defender for a young guy.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
USA
5/25/2016  10:36 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mrcool wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill

I think that Grant is a pretty good defender for a young guy.

Hey not having Jose n AA playing starters minutes but maybe Grant or Wroten being in the rotation will be a major upgrade IMO.

New York Knick Team needs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy