New York Knick Team needs
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/25/2016  9:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
mrcool wrote:He is making 2 mil now. I would give him atleast 10 mil. Hoping we can unload jose caledron and affalo opts out.

Fournier is going to get 15-18mm and someone will be stupid enough to give Rondo 13-15mm. Fournier will NOT be a Knick--just check Tobias Harris for that answer--they arent giving him away.

Same applies for Crabbe
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/25/2016  9:35 AM
mrcool wrote:Rookies will not be any good for us they would need time to develop we don't have time to rebuild. Rondo pass first point guard and Fournier would be our best option money wise. Crabbe is a good player but he is not the type of player yet that you can say lead the team if melo and porzingis is off Fournier has showed that with his scoring abilities.

Rondo
Fournier
Melo
Porzingis
Lopez

Current Bench
Wroten
Grant
Williams
Oquinn
PF- Free Agent -Gasol, David Lee,Terranc Jones, Jared Sullinger.
SG-Sf-Crabb-Turner -Bazemore
Center- Free Agent
Guard
Lance Thomas
Hernongomez

This team would make us contenders with a health core.

Nice plan but very flawed. Not enough cap room to add all those players. I think you will be lucky to get one or two Marginal FAs with the he cap the Knicks have. I'm a little up in the air on Beal don't know if his injury history is worth taking a chance on. Knicks should have doctors look at him before offering anything.

I said this before would like to add Waiters in FA as the sg. Others I Would look at Gordon, Crabbe not to sure about him he is going to get over payed and sample size won't reflect his salary risk player. Bazmore not interested in Atlanta players just Horford the rest seem system made and they disappear.

I would resign Afflalo as a sixth man. Try to get Beal but like I said due diligence needs to be done. I agree a scoring player has to be added to the team.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/25/2016  9:44 AM
I still Jeremy Lin is the player to get. KP and Rolo would really benefit from his PnR game. He would also increase our pace.
Vmart
USA
5/25/2016  9:53 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I still Jeremy Lin is the player to get. KP and Rolo would really benefit from his PnR game. He would also increase our pace.

He would be a nice pick up. Dolan better watch it if Nets get him Lin will definitely draw and pull away from NYK fan base.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/25/2016  10:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  10:15 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mrcool wrote:He is making 2 mil now. I would give him atleast 10 mil. Hoping we can unload jose caledron and affalo opts out.

Fournier is going to get 15-18mm and someone will be stupid enough to give Rondo 13-15mm. Fournier will NOT be a Knick--just check Tobias Harris for that answer--they arent giving him away.

Same applies for Crabbe

What makes Crabbe attainable is he will not get paid 15M plus to be 6th man in Portland. They will address other needs before matching that type of offer. But we will have to pay him that to steal him away most likely.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/25/2016  10:21 AM
I wouldn't mind getting E.Fournier to be our starting SG and E.Turner to be our 6th man and go with Wroten/Grant/Calderon at the point for next season to see if one of Grant or Wroten can step up and take the starting point guard spot. E.Turner plays 3 positions and plays them well with defense and his shooting inside the arc is fine but he just can't shoot the 3 ball but that's why i'd sign Fournier.

There's so many ways we can go but we all know that our back court and 3 point shooting are our biggest needs right now. I think people are sleeping a little bit on what E.Turner could do for us as our 6th man and a guy that can play 3 positions including point guard.

Knixkik
USA
5/25/2016  10:24 AM
mrcool wrote:Realistically all these posts about centers pf and etc are useless. Thats not the current needs for the Knicks, we need Guard and other scoring help.
If we are going to Keep wroten or Grant than we need a star Shooting Guard, Bradley Beal or Derozan. The best option is to get Rondo and Evan Fournier. And some solid additions to the bench. This gives us a proven point guard a great shooter and slasher and at the 3 4 and 5 position we are solid.

I like the combination of Rondo and Fournier. Only issue i have with it is you have eliminated the possibility of adding one of the 2017 free agent PGs. Another option i like at half the cost is Dellavedova at PG. He is not necessarily the answer, but he can split time with Grant and brings a different skillset at the position. He's a great outside shooter, scrappy defender, good passer, and only 25 years old. With a backcourt of Dellavedova and either Fournier, Bazemore, or Crabbe, you have a couple of 2-way guards who can play off of Melo and Porzingis perfectly. It isn't the sexiest option, but it is a shooter's league, and we will overachieve expectations with a backcourt that has 2 knock-down shooters and solid defenders.

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill
SG Fournier (or Bazemore or Crabbe)/Galloway
PG Dellavedova/Grant/Wroten

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/25/2016  10:37 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mrcool wrote:Realistically all these posts about centers pf and etc are useless. Thats not the current needs for the Knicks, we need Guard and other scoring help.
If we are going to Keep wroten or Grant than we need a star Shooting Guard, Bradley Beal or Derozan. The best option is to get Rondo and Evan Fournier. And some solid additions to the bench. This gives us a proven point guard a great shooter and slasher and at the 3 4 and 5 position we are solid.

I would say it's not really so much needing a Star SG as much as SG's that can really stroke it from 3 and defend. DeRozan is not that kind of player. I would say the Knicks don't have to spend that much on SG's in order to get impactful upgrades. Jerian, Wroten can drive and kick. What we need are great 3pt shooters.

The Knicks will get penetration off screens and PnR, but those kick out shooters is where the real weakness is on this team. IMO there are young guards in this draft who are great 3nD options IMO. Phil should do everything he can to add one of them. Look for guys who can not only drive but hit the 3 from the PG spot as well in this draft.

In FA i'd shoot for young guys like Crabbe and Solomon. These are the gettable guys who won't break the bank.

Crabbe I think will get way overpaid like DeCarrol and may not be able to live up to it. He looks like he has good potential but I think the price will make it way too risky.

Carroll was a really bad overpay IMO. Still they felt they needed him so paying a bit more was a risk they felt was worth it.

I don't think Crabbe is in the same ball park because for one thing he's younger. His max cap number is going to be influenced by other Free Agents coming off their rookie deals. He's not going to get what the top FA's in his class will get. He will get paid and the number will likely look crazy but that IMO will be a function of the cap going up. Plus the Knicks are not just gonna steal him for pennies. Being an RFA you've got to make the contract tough enough to his current team in order to have a chance to pry him away. I don't really have a clue what that number is tho.

The Knicks are in a position where they need some young talent that is proven to some extent. Crabbe is a good role player and they need someone who can play that 3nD role. Paying a premium for that is not a bad move IMO.

No, what th knicks need is another super star that can take over some games, someone like derozen or beal.

We need a trio, with Melo, KP, and beal/rozen.. Im not sure how wroten and grant will do. We can't look at the personal that we may have need in a traditional triangle now that JH is in.

derozen is a mid range shooting guy that would flat out turned into kobe in this sysytem

ES
Vmart
USA
5/25/2016  10:54 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I would say it's not really so much needing a Star SG as much as SG's that can really stroke it from 3 and defend. DeRozan is not that kind of player. I would say the Knicks don't have to spend that much on SG's in order to get impactful upgrades. Jerian, Wroten can drive and kick. What we need are great 3pt shooters.

The Knicks will get penetration off screens and PnR, but those kick out shooters is where the real weakness is on this team. IMO there are young guards in this draft who are great 3nD options IMO. Phil should do everything he can to add one of them. Look for guys who can not only drive but hit the 3 from the PG spot as well in this draft.

In FA i'd shoot for young guys like Crabbe and Solomon. These are the gettable guys who won't break the bank.

Crabbe I think will get way overpaid like DeCarrol and may not be able to live up to it. He looks like he has good potential but I think the price will make it way too risky.

Carroll was a really bad overpay IMO. Still they felt they needed him so paying a bit more was a risk they felt was worth it.

I don't think Crabbe is in the same ball park because for one thing he's younger. His max cap number is going to be influenced by other Free Agents coming off their rookie deals. He's not going to get what the top FA's in his class will get. He will get paid and the number will likely look crazy but that IMO will be a function of the cap going up. Plus the Knicks are not just gonna steal him for pennies. Being an RFA you've got to make the contract tough enough to his current team in order to have a chance to pry him away. I don't really have a clue what that number is tho.

The Knicks are in a position where they need some young talent that is proven to some extent. Crabbe is a good role player and they need someone who can play that 3nD role. Paying a premium for that is not a bad move IMO.

No, what th knicks need is another super star that can take over some games, someone like derozen or beal.

We need a trio, with Melo, KP, and beal/rozen.. Im not sure how wroten and grant will do. We can't look at the personal that we may have need in a traditional triangle now that JH is in.

derozen is a mid range shooting guy that would flat out turned into kobe in this sysytem

Your not going to get Derozan not after what they are doing besides from what I hear he like Toronto. Beal I think is attainable because of his injury History but that is risky business. Can't have McDyess, H20 and Amare situation. The problem with Fournier is he isn't all that great defensively. There really isn't a lot out there.

Knixkik
USA
5/25/2016  10:57 AM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Your not going to get Derozan not after what they are doing besides from what I hear he like Toronto. Beal I think is attainable because of his injury History but that is risky business. Can't have McDyess, H20 and Amare situation. The problem with Fournier is he isn't all that great defensively. There really isn't a lot out there.

Fournier is 23 years old and is capable of becoming a 20 ppg scorer and at least average defender. He is what we need. For those looking for the next Allan Houston, he is the closest out there in terms of potential.

mmorman
Member: #3362

5/25/2016  2:31 PM
Please:

FA's

SG Bazemore 10 -- 12 MM per year
PG Augustin(on the cheap) 3MM per year
SG Jamal Crawford (off the bench) 7MM per year
PF/C Pau Gasol 7MM per year

Starting 5

Bazemore
Grant
Rolo
Porzingis
Melo

Bench:
Augustin
Crawford
Gasol
Williams
O'Quinn
Wroten
Wily
Gallo
Lance Thomas(hope we have enough$$)
Stretch Calderon

Knixkik
USA
5/25/2016  2:57 PM
mmorman wrote:Please:

FA's

Starting 5

Bazemore
Grant
Rolo
Porzingis
Melo

Bench:
Augustin
Crawford
Gasol
Williams
O'Quinn
Wroten
Wily
Gallo
Stretch Calderon

Bazemore is getting more than 10-12.

mmorman
Member: #3362

5/25/2016  3:15 PM
What are you thinking for Bazemore - -12 - 15 MM?

I think this squad would make the playoffs!

mreinman
Member: #3189

5/25/2016  3:22 PM
Knixkik wrote:
mmorman wrote:Please:

FA's

Starting 5

Bazemore
Grant
Rolo
Porzingis
Melo

Bench:
Augustin
Crawford
Gasol
Williams
O'Quinn
Wroten
Wily
Gallo
Stretch Calderon

Bazemore is getting more than 10-12.

I hope that is not from us.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/25/2016  3:37 PM
You do not pay a guy 15 million unless the guy is going to be a impact player. Not just a simple rotation guy. Crabbe and Bazemore are simple role players. Starters maybe but you can't put the ball in their hands and say make something happen.... of that's the case then I would rather sign guys like Garrett Temple or Gerald Henderson for way cheaper.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
wargames
Member: #6053

5/25/2016  4:05 PM
EnySpree wrote:You do not pay a guy 15 million unless the guy is going to be a impact player. Not just a simple rotation guy. Crabbe and Bazemore are simple role players. Starters maybe but you can't put the ball in their hands and say make something happen.... of that's the case then I would rather sign guys like Garrett Temple or Gerald Henderson for way cheaper.

I like Temple too. I might like him as much as Solomon Hill as a guy with potential upside you pay now in the hopes they improve.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knixkik
USA
5/25/2016  4:09 PM
mmorman wrote:What are you thinking for Bazemore - -12 - 15 MM?

I think this squad would make the playoffs!

As an impact player on both ends, i think he will make 14-15M, maybe more.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/25/2016  4:14 PM
EnySpree wrote:You do not pay a guy 15 million unless the guy is going to be a impact player. Not just a simple rotation guy. Crabbe and Bazemore are simple role players. Starters maybe but you can't put the ball in their hands and say make something happen.... of that's the case then I would rather sign guys like Garrett Temple or Gerald Henderson for way cheaper.

I think Phil is going to be looking for a dynamic player in the Draft. It's the only way to get the kind of talent some are asking for. We're not getting DeRozan or any of the young studs that would immediately make the Knicks a contender. The reality is that Phil is gonna have to settle for 3nD guys in FA and hopefully find a gem late in the draft. There are so few high impact FA's and the chances of getting one are slim to none.

This could be why Phil has tried to be so active in the draft. You have to hope to get that hidden gem that develops into a much better player than his draft status might suggest. All the players the Knicks are interviewing seem to fit that concept.

mrcool
Member: #3975

5/25/2016  5:23 PM
Knixkik wrote:

I like the combination of Rondo and Fournier. Only issue i have with it is you have eliminated the possibility of adding one of the 2017 free agent PGs. Another option i like at half the cost is Dellavedova at PG. He is not necessarily the answer, but he can split time with Grant and brings a different skillset at the position. He's a great outside shooter, scrappy defender, good passer, and only 25 years old. With a backcourt of Dellavedova and either Fournier, Bazemore, or Crabbe, you have a couple of 2-way guards who can play off of Melo and Porzingis perfectly. It isn't the sexiest option, but it is a shooter's league, and we will overachieve expectations with a backcourt that has 2 knock-down shooters and solid defenders.

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill

Dellavedova - Please no i would be good with Grant and Wroten. Second Galloway needs to go lets get some more talent here. Lets not think about 2017 lets think about next year if we do well this summer we can challenge Raptors and Cavs and Miami we need a proven player rondo and conley. Fournier wont get more than 15.

Knixkik
USA
5/25/2016  5:46 PM
mrcool wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

C Lopez/O'Quinn
PF Porzingis/Willy
SF Anthony/Dwill

Dellavedova - Please no i would be good with Grant and Wroten. Second Galloway needs to go lets get some more talent here. Lets not think about 2017 lets think about next year if we do well this summer we can challenge Raptors and Cavs and Miami we need a proven player rondo and conley. Fournier wont get more than 15.

Grant and Wroten could work out fine, but its a gamble. Wroten is not a proven NBA rotation player, huge question mark there, especially coming off injury. Anything he brings to the table is a bonus. Grant showed some promise at the end of the year, and looks the part to be at least a high-quality backup. Neither player can shoot, defend, or create for others at a high caliber...yet. Maybe that changes. Dellavedova give us an opportunity to acquire a young, scrappy guard who can shoot, defend, and has good playoff experience without breaking the bank, sacrificing the future, or hindering the growth of Grant/Wroten. He will not play 36 mpg and can slide to the SG when needed. We need to add shooting and defense to the lineup to surround Melo, Porzingis, and Lopez with.

New York Knick Team needs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy