Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/26/2016  7:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Rumor mill: Pacers, Bulls, Knicks all interested in Jeremy Lin. Hope Melo gives the OK.
I think Dolan would be the guy that would have to give the ok.

Melo for his career doesn't have a history of being at odds with teammates or other players. That's been documented anyway. Jeffries was about to take Melos head off when he snuffed Mardy Collins. Yet they played together on the Knicks with no problems. Melo even entrusting him with a pass for a layup in the final seconds of a playoff game vs Boston. Which Jeffries fumbled away to lose the game.

Iverson was a bigger ball jock then Lin ever was and they got along fine.

This type of reasoning is so flawed.Denver was never in any danger of becoming Iverson's team any more than NY was going to be Jared Jeffries team. Being a great teammate to everyone who didn't threaten his popularity in his chosen kingdom was one thing. Jeremy Lin was well on his way to owning the NY basketball scene. The issue here was jealousy not camaraderie.

Can you provide any actual facts behind this? I doubt you will.

It was Iversons team more so then Melos team. Iverson was the seasoned vet who been to the finals already.

If there was any jeolousy it was Knicks fans who caused it. Trashing him on his twitter account during Linsanity. Even if you were to therorize jealousy. The timeline doesn't add up. Melo came back from injury after Mia kind of exposed Lin. Lin proceeded to get lit up game after game by the opposing PG. I can run the numbers again during this stretch if you haven't seen them already.

I remember when Lin had trouble with the trap and posting on this very board how when Melo comes back Lthey so t be able to trap Lin they way they have been.

Lin getting "lit up" didn't diminish his popularity. And yes the fans are what we are talking about when we use the word popularity. You require factual proof of a pure emotion? OK I got it - trolls are best left unfed.

You miss the point. Following the actual events. Melo was injured during ALL of Linsanity except the first game vs the Nets. Melo came back when Linsanity was over and Lin was struggling.

I will take the troll comment as you not being capable of providing any real facts to the subject. As I commented If which means that even that theory isn't actual facts.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

5/26/2016  7:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Rumor mill: Pacers, Bulls, Knicks all interested in Jeremy Lin. Hope Melo gives the OK.

Melo for his career doesn't have a history of being at odds with teammates or other players. That's been documented anyway. Jeffries was about to take Melos head off when he snuffed Mardy Collins. Yet they played together on the Knicks with no problems. Melo even entrusting him with a pass for a layup in the final seconds of a playoff game vs Boston. Which Jeffries fumbled away to lose the game.

This type of reasoning is so flawed.Denver was never in any danger of becoming Iverson's team any more than NY was going to be Jared Jeffries team. Being a great teammate to everyone who didn't threaten his popularity in his chosen kingdom was one thing. Jeremy Lin was well on his way to owning the NY basketball scene. The issue here was jealousy not camaraderie.

The issue was money. Lin got a monster offer and took it. Just curious, what are you basing your claim that Melo chased Lin out?

I am basing it on what I saw in Melo's body language when the crowds were going nuts for Lin, then on how he was pouting because Lin had the guts and brains to look him off instead of blindly handling him the ball. And his well documented refusal to play teamball for Mike D'Antoni right after Linsanity

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

5/26/2016  7:23 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It was Iversons team more so then Melos team. Iverson was the seasoned vet who been to the finals already.

If there was any jeolousy it was Knicks fans who caused it. Trashing him on his twitter account during Linsanity. Even if you were to therorize jealousy. The timeline doesn't add up. Melo came back from injury after Mia kind of exposed Lin. Lin proceeded to get lit up game after game by the opposing PG. I can run the numbers again during this stretch if you haven't seen them already.

I remember when Lin had trouble with the trap and posting on this very board how when Melo comes back Lthey so t be able to trap Lin they way they have been.

Lin getting "lit up" didn't diminish his popularity. And yes the fans are what we are talking about when we use the word popularity. You require factual proof of a pure emotion? OK I got it - trolls are best left unfed.

You miss the point. Following the actual events. Melo was injured during ALL of Linsanity except the first game vs the Nets. Melo came back when Linsanity was over and Lin was struggling.

I will take the troll comment as you not being capable of providing any real facts to the subject. As I commented If which means that even that theory isn't actual facts.

Linsanity was nowhere near being over when Melo returned and his attitude towards not being the focal point of everything was clear to see during the first few games after his return. Again asking for "facts" that show an emotion is pretty weak. When you see someone's emotions and you judge it you are using your own life experience it does not require "media reported "facts"", it requires common sense. People who think jealousy needs to be proved with "facts" clearly don't have any.

newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  7:40 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Linsanity was nowhere near being over when Melo returned and his attitude towards not being the focal point of everything was clear to see during the first few games after his return. Again asking for "facts" that show an emotion is pretty weak. When you see someone's emotions and you judge it you are using your own life experience it does not require "media reported "facts"", it requires common sense. People who think jealousy needs to be proved with "facts" clearly don't have any.

Whats weak is you claiming jealousy, due to fan appeal and look offs from Lin, Which lead to him forcing Lin out and refusing to allow him to be his teammate again.

meloshouldgo

5/26/2016  7:54 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Whats weak is you claiming jealousy, due to fan appeal and look offs from Lin, Which lead to him forcing Lin out and refusing to allow him to be his teammate again.

Exactly where did I say Melo forced Lin off the team? Who or what are you responding to? You are mostly incoherent and babbling.
Lin left the team because he had no choice but to accept the only contract that was on the table for him. Melo never had the power to force Lin to do anything, he isn't that important.

And yes people being jealous of other people's popularity isn't science fiction, it happens every day in real life.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/26/2016  8:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't know man, body language? That seems pretty weak. The team won a lot more when Woodson took over. Also, Linsanity was awesome but the Knicks played the weakest part of their schedule for those games. I loved Linsanity. My wife started watching Knick games again and msg and twc settled their issues. It was fun and the 18-5 run, making the playoffs was also awesome.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  8:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Exactly where did I say Melo forced Lin off the team? Who or what are you responding to? You are mostly incoherent and babbling.
Lin left the team because he had no choice but to accept the only contract that was on the table for him. Melo never had the power to force Lin to do anything, he isn't that important.

And yes people being jealous of other people's popularity isn't science fiction, it happens every day in real life.

The string of replies is me responding to NYKBocker that he hoped Melo gave the OK to have him back. I responded to that. You responded that my logic was flawed for various reasons. If you believe that Melo "never had the power". What was the point in replying to my post?

You haven't brought a sound enough case to claim Melo was jealous over Lin. Especially the claims that people have made about there relationship over all these yrs. Melo's first game back from injury he took 11 shot attempts and had 6ast in 37mins in a lost to the Nets which Deron Williams got pay back dropping 38pts. That looks more like a player trying to see how he could fit in. Then someone out to prove he is the star of NY.

newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  8:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't know man, body language? That seems pretty weak. The team won a lot more when Woodson took over. Also, Linsanity was awesome but the Knicks played the weakest part of their schedule for those games. I loved Linsanity. My wife started watching Knick games again and msg and twc settled their issues. It was fun and the 18-5 run, making the playoffs was also awesome.

He has such a strong opinion about it I thought he would bring more to the table then body language. So far all he has stated is calling me a troll, Melo had poor body language, and that jealousy is real in this world.

meloshouldgo

5/26/2016  10:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What is weak is tge lame resoonses. I said Melo was jealous of Lin, If you have a way of determining jealousy without looking at body language, I would love to hear it. What the Knicks did post Linsanity and your wife's TV viewing habits aren't relevant to this conversation. No disrespect intended.

meloshouldgo

5/26/2016  10:44 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The string of replies is me responding to NYKBocker that he hoped Melo gave the OK to have him back. I responded to that. You responded that my logic was flawed for various reasons. If you believe that Melo "never had the power". What was the point in replying to my post?

You haven't brought a sound enough case to claim Melo was jealous over Lin. Especially the claims that people have made about there relationship over all these yrs. Melo's first game back from injury he took 11 shot attempts and had 6ast in 37mins in a lost to the Nets which Deron Williams got pay back dropping 38pts. That looks more like a player trying to see how he could fit in. Then someone out to prove he is the star of NY.

Ok this is stupid. For whatever reason you think that jealousy can be proved, it cant, it's a feeling or emotion. You keep whining about evidence which is really saying you don't have a counter argument except to ask for something that cannot be provided.

If a person thinks his wife is jealous of his co worker does he arrive at that conclusion based on newspaper articles, her performance at her job the following day, or her body language? Why are we having this idiotic conversation?

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/26/2016  11:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Think Lin could have won states!!

At least he went on to own LA and Houston without Melo. I will miss watching him put his head down with no sense of any other player on offense. Perfect point guard.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
5/27/2016  6:32 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Ok this is stupid. For whatever reason you think that jealousy can be proved, it cant, it's a feeling or emotion. You keep whining about evidence which is really saying you don't have a counter argument except to ask for something that cannot be provided.

If a person thinks his wife is jealous of his co worker does he arrive at that conclusion based on newspaper articles, her performance at her job the following day, or her body language? Why are we having this idiotic conversation?

Since Melo's emotions can't be proven according to your own words. Then people should stop speaking for him. And stop making assumptions based off there own interpretations of what may or may not be the case. Then proceed to state these assumptions and interpretations as facts.

I could assume Lin was healthy enough to play in the playoffs that yr, but held out because he wanted to max out his earnings from Linsanity and couldn't risk losing money under performing in the playoffs. But I have no way of proving that. So all that can be said is that's a possibility. Now if I took that possibility, started stating it as fact and developed my whole basis of opinion on Lin because of that assumption or possibility. Then that would be just as wrong.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/28/2016  12:02 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That and the team was playing great with Melo, Amare & Lin all healthy. Beat Indiana on a home and home back to back. Destroyed Orlando etc

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/28/2016  8:24 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168386/carmelo-anthony-says-ridiculous-jeremy-lin-deal-new-york-knicks

Carmelo Anthony said Sunday it's up to the New York Knicks to decide if they want to match the "ridiculous contract" that the Houston Rockets have offered Jeremy Lin.

I'm assuming the quote actually came out of Anthony's mouth.

Why would any player not want a colleague to get as much money as possible?

Maybe that quote is taken out of context. I remember there being more coverage than just that one article, and there was a JR Smith quote as well about players being upset if he signed that deal and came back.

This franchise has been poorly run for so long its a joke. Its improved with Phil. Whether that continues is something I will always worry about until Dolan is no longer involved with the team.

I'd love Lin to come back - not only because he was such a great story when here, but because I think he can help the team. He is smart and plays the right way. I think he would fit what Hornacek is trying to do and what Phil wants - team oriented offensive basketball. And I think we could sign him for a good value contract. Maybe not a hometown discount, but a reasonable, team friendly long term deal that sees him perhaps finish his career as a Knick.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/28/2016  11:02 AM
franco12 wrote:http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168386/carmelo-anthony-says-ridiculous-jeremy-lin-deal-new-york-knicks

Carmelo Anthony said Sunday it's up to the New York Knicks to decide if they want to match the "ridiculous contract" that the Houston Rockets have offered Jeremy Lin.

Maybe that quote is taken out of context. I remember there being more coverage than just that one article, and there was a JR Smith quote as well about players being upset if he signed that deal and came back.

This franchise has been poorly run for so long its a joke. Its improved with Phil. Whether that continues is something I will always worry about until Dolan is no longer involved with the team.

I'd love Lin to come back - not only because he was such a great story when here, but because I think he can help the team. He is smart and plays the right way. I think he would fit what Hornacek is trying to do and what Phil wants - team oriented offensive basketball. And I think we could sign him for a good value contract. Maybe not a hometown discount, but a reasonable, team friendly long term deal that sees him perhaps finish his career as a Knick.

It did come out of Anthony's mouth. He was overseas with the olympic team and he was told about it in an interview. If you watched the interview, you would see the quote in the context of the conversation and I don't think you would react to it in the way the media has attempted to portray it. Imagine the media taking a quote out of context to make it look like something it isn't. The lesson is the same one that is repeated here by many, don't judge words out of context, watch the interview.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
5/28/2016  11:12 AM
franco12 wrote:http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168386/carmelo-anthony-says-ridiculous-jeremy-lin-deal-new-york-knicks

His interpretation of what he viewed as ridiculous would be needed in order to come to a conclusion. Was the first time poison pill was introduced to the NBA with Asik and Lin. Caught many ppl around the NBA off guard. Role player Asik who had small sample size of production got a lot of attention just the same since he was signed to a new rare poison pill contract. So was ridiculous based on the amount 25mil. Or was ridiculous based on the weirdness of the poison pill contract allowing salary to jump from 5-5-15mil. If he signed a regular contract a not a poison pill would it still be viewed as ridiculous. Not that I agree with Melo comment on Lin's co tract regardless.

This was also after the season was over so it would be two separate time frames.

Jr spoke on how ppl would feel some type of way with Lin making that type of money. Though they may have been hung up on the final yr 15mil. Jr took less and chose to come to NY. Then later on took less to sign with NY again. So its somewhat understandable from his perspective.

I would have liked to have brought Lin back last offseason. He would have been had cheap and we only had Calderon who was injured and played terrible.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/28/2016  11:38 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The issue was money. Lin got a monster offer and took it. Just curious, what are you basing your claim that Melo chased Lin out?
yea its incredible isnt it? Woodson says "we will match any offer." So Houston puts up $8mm and the Knicks are like No thanks and genius Knick fans say "Melo chased him out."
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
5/28/2016  11:40 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Played all of 26 games for us and got 3 years 24 mm or today's equivalent of 3 years and 40 . Yep after 26 games Jermey Lin got over 13 mm nba $ cap conparable
By the way your info STINKS. Lin made $2.2mm last year. So that means we should offer Crabbe $5mm. Maybe you should start a thread about that.
fishmike
USA
5/28/2016  11:42 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds like you are the troll here. The Miami Heat killed Linsanity, NOT Melo. Lin's quest for $$$ facilitated his exit from the Knicks, NOT MElo.. but let facts come in the way of some good old fashioned emotional posting.

I have actually lost IQ points from posting in this thread.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/28/2016  11:52 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Played all of 26 games for us and got 3 years 24 mm or today's equivalent of 3 years and 40 . Yep after 26 games Jermey Lin got over 13 mm nba $ cap conparable
By the way your info STINKS. Lin made $2.2mm last year. So that means we should offer Crabbe $5mm. Maybe you should start a thread about that.

I agree with this. In a league with 400 players, you can't focus on just one and make conclusions about what the market is.

For perspective Jeremy Lin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy