[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Toronto sucks
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/22/2016  1:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2016  1:47 PM
Nalod wrote:Cavs had one of those nights where the good shots did not fall and they did not get to the line.
Raptors had it going on.

And Toronto is playing without one of their best players ...

I could not for the life of me understand how anyone can knock them or their situation and also somehow insinuate that we have a brighter outlook.

This thread is equivalent to the "how's it goink tweet"

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/22/2016  1:56 PM
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:Cavs had one of those nights where the good shots did not fall and they did not get to the line.
Raptors had it going on.

I could not for the life of me understand how anyone can knock them or their situation and also somehow insinuate that we have a brighter outlook.

Once big time Knicks fan and a staple of the UK community DJsunyc defected to become a Raptors fans due to Andrea Bargnani(not the trade but because he actually likes the player).

So his buddies(Like Enyspree) **** on Toronto all the time probably to talk **** to him. This thread was probably created with that in mind to trash talk DJ. Could also have been an over reaction due to them getting spanked the first 2 games.

With that said we have seen teams like the Raptors come and go. There is nothing at the moment that convinces me that they will win a chip and getting a needle mover in there position is probably the hardest part of building a championship team.

They should trade that #9 pick with Ross and try ans try and push that needle.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
mreinman

5/22/2016  1:59 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

Once big time Knicks fan and a staple of the UK community DJsunyc defected to become a Raptors fans due to Andrea Bargnani(not the trade but because he actually likes the player).

So his buddies(Like Enyspree) **** on Toronto all the time probably to talk **** to him. This thread was probably created with that in mind to trash talk DJ. Could also have been an over reaction due to them getting spanked the first 2 games.

With that said we have seen teams like the Raptors come and go. There is nothing at the moment that convinces me that they will win a chip and getting a needle mover in there position is probably the hardest part of building a championship team.

The only teams that look like teams that can win ring(s) are GS and Cleveland.

OKC does not look like a long term winning team even if they somehow can get hot and shock the world.

Cleveland can win it all because they have Lebron.

There is no one else. Toronto is right there in the next tier. We are in tier 10 right now

newyorknewyork
5/22/2016  2:47 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

OKC does not look like a long term winning team even if they somehow can get hot and shock the world.

There is no one else. Toronto is right there in the next tier. We are in tier 10 right now

So the hope is that KP becomes that KG or Dirk type of impact player. While Toronto runs its course stuck under the Cavs lacking that superstar.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/22/2016  2:57 PM
Chandler wrote:does anyone know the status of Jonas? could be a game changer for toronto

the day after jonas got hurt, he was ruled out for the series vs the heat. they said the mri wasnt great. game 3 was two weeks after the injury. they said he is moving better but he's not doing active work other than shooting the ball. i dont think he will be back until the finals :)

we are a team with depth and alot of good players. like nyny suggested, we could make a move to try and get better. luckily we have some assets. but we are a team in the mold of the mid 2000's pistons. maybe we get lucky and break through? who knows? game 4 will tell us if its a series or not. i am guilty of underestimating the fight of the squad. it would be nice if we can continue to punk kyrie and love and see them crumble.

mreinman

5/22/2016  3:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

So the hope is that KP becomes that KG or Dirk type of impact player. While Toronto runs its course stuck under the Cavs lacking that superstar.

but that is just hope right now, no? KP right now is just a young player with a lot of promise that we hope blossoms into a star.

Right now, there are three players on Toronto that are better than KP.

All we have now is KP hope and even if he beats the huge odds and becomes a superstar, he is till only one guy.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/22/2016  3:02 PM
btw nyny, i started watching the raptors in the 2nd half of the 05 season. what got me on board was colangelo and calderon, then the summer they drafted bargs and the other intl players while acquiring tj ford who was me fav pg at the time (along with livingston).
newyorknewyork
5/22/2016  6:27 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

but that is just hope right now, no? KP right now is just a young player with a lot of promise that we hope blossoms into a star.

All we have now is KP hope and even if he beats the huge odds and becomes a superstar, he is till only one guy.

But at the end of the day Toronto with all there success is still looking for a player with KP type potential to take the next step. So if KP does indeed turn into that type of player. It would be a lot harder for Toronto to find a KP level player then it would be fore the Knicks to find quality players to put along with KP.

Toronto went game 7 with the Pacers in the first round of the playoffs. The Pacers have 30mil in cap space. A legit superstar in Paul George. A developing prospect in Miles Turner who already got a taste of playoff basketball. And solid vets like Hill, Ellis, Miles, Mahinmi. They could potentially make gains to surpass Toronto as fast as next season.

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

5/22/2016  6:31 PM
djsunyc wrote:
Chandler wrote:does anyone know the status of Jonas? could be a game changer for toronto

the day after jonas got hurt, he was ruled out for the series vs the heat. they said the mri wasnt great. game 3 was two weeks after the injury. they said he is moving better but he's not doing active work other than shooting the ball. i dont think he will be back until the finals :)

we are a team with depth and alot of good players. like nyny suggested, we could make a move to try and get better. luckily we have some assets. but we are a team in the mold of the mid 2000's pistons. maybe we get lucky and break through? who knows? game 4 will tell us if its a series or not. i am guilty of underestimating the fight of the squad. it would be nice if we can continue to punk kyrie and love and see them crumble.

"we" - who you calling "we"?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
mreinman

5/22/2016  6:55 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

But at the end of the day Toronto with all there success is still looking for a player with KP type potential to take the next step. So if KP does indeed turn into that type of player. It would be a lot harder for Toronto to find a KP level player then it would be fore the Knicks to find quality players to put along with KP.

Toronto went game 7 with the Pacers in the first round of the playoffs. The Pacers have 30mil in cap space. A legit superstar in Paul George. A developing prospect in Miles Turner who already got a taste of playoff basketball. And solid vets like Hill, Ellis, Miles, Mahinmi. They could potentially make gains to surpass Toronto as fast as next season.

If Kp becomes a superstar which I would say is I don't know, a 20% chance? Then they need to surround him and that is not easy either.

Toronto is more in the mold of that detroit team that won without a mega star.

It would also be nice if Jonas V. was playing. He makes them much better. I think that they can get to six against cleveland because they are such a great home team but they are not that good on the road so I can't see them taking a game in Cleveland.

Toronto can hit with the number 9 pick and perhaps they will make a trade. Lets not underestimate Ujiri who is one of the best though Carol is not looking like a good move right now but Cory Joseph was a great pickup.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/22/2016  9:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

If Kp becomes a superstar which I would say is I don't know, a 20% chance? Then they need to surround him and that is not easy either.

It would also be nice if Jonas V. was playing. He makes them much better. I think that they can get to six against cleveland because they are such a great home team but they are not that good on the road so I can't see them taking a game in Cleveland.

Toronto can hit with the number 9 pick and perhaps they will make a trade. Lets not underestimate Ujiri who is one of the best though Carol is not looking like a good move right now but Cory Joseph was a great pickup.

What are you using to gauge if KP has only a 20% chance of being a Superstar? Is there a study that puts some perspective on how you might come up with that?

mreinman

5/22/2016  9:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

What are you using to gauge if KP has only a 20% chance of being a Superstar? Is there a study that puts some perspective on how you might come up with that?

I just figured I would take Bonn's 15% prediction and up it to 20%. 20% may be high but heck ... I'm a knicks fan.

nixluva
USA
5/22/2016  10:14 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I just figured I would take Bonn's 15% prediction and up it to 20%. 20% may be high but heck ... I'm a knicks fan.

So how did Bonn come up with his 15%? Seems somewhat random. I'm gonna have to look into that.

Even if we assume KP makes only modest improvement from where he was at as a 20 year old rookie, that's still a very good player to build around. Just him maturing physically will make a huge difference in his game. He hasn't grown into his frame yet.

Seems to me that with a change in offensive focus KP is primed to take off. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of progress the Knicks make next year. How much improvement can they make in closing the gap between them and the playoff teams this year.

mreinman

5/22/2016  10:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

So how did Bonn come up with his 15%? Seems somewhat random. I'm gonna have to look into that.

Even if we assume KP makes only modest improvement from where he was at as a 20 year old rookie, that's still a very good player to build around. Just him maturing physically will make a huge difference in his game. He hasn't grown into his frame yet.

Seems to me that with a change in offensive focus KP is primed to take off. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of progress the Knicks make next year. How much improvement can they make in closing the gap between them and the playoff teams this year.

I think that we can project KP to be a solid player. Superstar is another story ... he certainly has the tools and the brain but so many things have to go right for him to become a superstar and compounded, those are not great odds.

I personally think that he will be at least an all star barring injury (I think with him, injury is a big risk ... again, just how I feel)

I am not even sure if Towns will be a superstar either but he sure got off to a great start at becoming at least a star.

KP's body needs strength and maturing ... that process is always a bit scary with skinny bigs.

newyorknewyork
5/23/2016  6:57 AM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

I could say they are in the mold of the Detroit team. But they aren't on that level. Pistons used to hold teams to under 70pts. Maybe in the new NBA thats a lot harder to do. But they don't have dominance they way Ben Wallace & Rasheed Wallace would defensively.

KP is a modern NBA's wet dream. He has the potential to guard PNR (bigs or guards) well, rim protect, help defense, control the glass. Offensively he can stretch the floor to open up penetration. So not only can he help guards out defensively but he also can open the paint for them offensively. He can get buckets without plays called for him due to his length around the rim with highlight put backs and tips ins or shooting ability. Then there is the PNR or PNP. At 7'3 he could shoot over anyone. Or put the ball on the floor and finish around the rim due to his length. If he does draw contact he is a good FT shooter. If he develops some go to post moves like the turn around jumper he becomes unguarded. None of this even gets into his character, work ethic, desire to be a great player.

There aren't many players in the league at this moment that have his potential skill set and he has displayed all of these things already as a rookie. There is a reason why execs and scouts and coaches have all been heaping praise over him all yr long. The only real question around him is can he get stronger so he doesn't get pushed around in the paint. And can he avoid the injury bug, though that's a concern for every player in the league.

So when we view KP as a potential superstar its because we are looking at his potential skill set offensively and defensively which is rare in the NBA. Its why a player like Draymond Green has excelled to star status. Or Shawn Marion was able to ball out though he was unheralded. Rasheed Wallace in the same boat. That type of defense, with floor spacing. Add in the PNR and or Post moves...

mreinman

5/23/2016  11:05 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

I could say they are in the mold of the Detroit team. But they aren't on that level. Pistons used to hold teams to under 70pts. Maybe in the new NBA thats a lot harder to do. But they don't have dominance they way Ben Wallace & Rasheed Wallace would defensively.

KP is a modern NBA's wet dream. He has the potential to guard PNR (bigs or guards) well, rim protect, help defense, control the glass. Offensively he can stretch the floor to open up penetration. So not only can he help guards out defensively but he also can open the paint for them offensively. He can get buckets without plays called for him due to his length around the rim with highlight put backs and tips ins or shooting ability. Then there is the PNR or PNP. At 7'3 he could shoot over anyone. Or put the ball on the floor and finish around the rim due to his length. If he does draw contact he is a good FT shooter. If he develops some go to post moves like the turn around jumper he becomes unguarded. None of this even gets into his character, work ethic, desire to be a great player.

There aren't many players in the league at this moment that have his potential skill set and he has displayed all of these things already as a rookie. There is a reason why execs and scouts and coaches have all been heaping praise over him all yr long. The only real question around him is can he get stronger so he doesn't get pushed around in the paint. And can he avoid the injury bug, though that's a concern for every player in the league.

So when we view KP as a potential superstar its because we are looking at his potential skill set offensively and defensively which is rare in the NBA. Its why a player like Draymond Green has excelled to star status. Or Shawn Marion was able to ball out though he was unheralded. Rasheed Wallace in the same boat. That type of defense, with floor spacing. Add in the PNR and or Post moves...

I can definitely see how KP is a wet dream type player. My worry and I assume is the biggest detractor is his size. IS KP TOO DAMN BIG? How does a guy with that size and that kind of game stay healthy long term?

What are the use cases for this? How many 7 3 guys were there? How many had long term health? How many of them where this agile?

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/23/2016  11:24 AM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

I can definitely see how KP is a wet dream type player. My worry and I assume is the biggest detractor is his size. IS KP TOO DAMN BIG? How does a guy with that size and that kind of game stay healthy long term?

What are the use cases for this? How many 7 3 guys were there? How many had long term health? How many of them where this agile?

I think the new NBA probably helps a player like KP where in the past KP would take a pounding and would be forced to bang down low. Then again Jabbar lasted 20 years banging down low. Artis Gilmore is another guy KP's size that lasted a long time.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/23/2016  11:25 AM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

Mutumbo, Ewing, chamberlin, Jabbar, bellamy, Duncan, Thurmand, Kevin Willis, KG, Dirk, Parish, THe dream, mark eaton, Gilmore, Tree Rollins, Moses Malone, Caldwell jones, Shaq, Rashweed,,,,,,

These guy all were 6-11 or taller and had long-ass careers. They were all pretty agile at 19 years old. except for KG and Kirk, they all were 19 in college.
How they started and finished careers were all similar, they got stronger and less agile.

mreinman

5/23/2016  11:37 AM
Nalod wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

Mutumbo, Ewing, chamberlin, Jabbar, bellamy, Duncan, Thurmand, Kevin Willis, KG, Dirk, Parish, THe dream, mark eaton, Gilmore, Tree Rollins, Moses Malone, Caldwell jones, Shaq, Rashweed,,,,,,

These guy all were 6-11 or taller and had long-ass careers. They were all pretty agile at 19 years old. except for KG and Kirk, they all were 19 in college.
How they started and finished careers were all similar, they got stronger and less agile.

6-11 is not 7-3

nixluva
USA
5/23/2016  12:26 PM
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Raptors had it going on.

6-11 is not 7-3

KP is rare but not a mystery anymore. We just watched him in a real NBA season and he was very good. He will need time to grow into his frame but from what i've seen he's gonna be a handful when he's stronger and more developed. KP knows now that he belongs and that he can dominate and we know he wants to be great. Those things will work in his favor.

The change of Head Coach could be the biggest plus in his favor. More PnR and 3pt looks for KP is gonna likely make him a scary scoring threat. Better guards will also help KP to get more easy looks. IMO KP has a VERY good chance to reach All Star level and possibly Superstar if things work out just right.

Toronto sucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy