[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With Walton to the Lakers, Phil better hurry before Kerr gets Blatt
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
5/1/2016  4:13 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:According to one report Phil is one of those coaches that affected team wins

Back to Blatt:

What does "some capacity" mean?

It's close, but I don't know what it's getting close to. In others words, they made it up, but just in case wanted to pretend like they actually reported something.
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/1/2016  8:00 PM
mreinman wrote:can we pry spoelstra away from Miami? He maybe one of those coaches that may have an affect.

He stinks. I'd rather have Blatt or Rambis.

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

5/1/2016  9:02 PM
Spolestra stinks? Now I've heard it all here.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/1/2016  9:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Kerr approached Blatt about being his offensive guru in 2014. Stands to reason he'd reach out again with Walton out of the picture.

Phil better put down the peyote and pick up the phone or we're going to miss out on Blatt, too.

Did he even get permission to interview Walton? How did Walton interview with the Lakers three times and zero times with the Knicks? Lakers got permission for three interviews. None for the Knicks.

Really, this is just an astoundingly terrible job by Phil.

I never thought Walton was coming here, but I think Blatt would and he'd be an excellent fit in a lot of ways. If Phil misses on Blatt, too, this coaching search is officially a disaster. Say what you want about the roster, but the coaching decisions have been terrible - lost Kerr after a verbal agreement, fired Fisher after a season and a half, installed Rambis, never interviewed Thibs, never formally interviewed Walton, interviewed Blatt...? But will he be able to seal the deal? I sort of doubt he wants to. The guy you have coaching your team matters.

Well i'm pretty sure you were paying attention about Phil having his phone call with Luke right? I'm pretty sure that during that phone call Luke let Phil know he wasn't interested in coaching the Knicks cause we all really knew that he and his family are west coast family so what reason would there be to bring him in for a interview? I'm sure Phil also knows who his next head coach will be right now and if it's gonna be Blatt then i wouldn't doubt if Blatt already knows that so he isn't gonna take a bench job if he has a head job coming and if he does get the bench job with GSW then that would be because Phil has already let him know that he won't be getting the head job.

I think there's a lot more that's already been decided then any of us will ever know so all we can do is wait to see if it will be Blatt or Rambis or Phil blows all of our minds and hires someone else that nobody knows about or that nobody really gave much thought to which is actually something i can see Phil doing.

It's either gonna be Blatt or Rambis, which I said in early March. I'll be more than happy to bump that thread when it happens.

If it is Blatt, I will give Phil some credit, with a HEALTHY assist to Steve Mills. Blatt didn't happen by accident.

Blatt will happen, as I predicted in March, because Dolan and Melo want absolutely zero to do with Rambis being the head coach of the New York Knicks. And Mills loves Blatt, was his backcourt starting partner at Princeton, and presented Blatt as the alternative to the hellscape of letting Rambis coach one of the largest franchises in the NBA.

My prediction is Blatt - and good on Phil for comprimising, but I also think Blatt means that Phil is more likely to opt out next season and go back to LA to Jeannie and Luke.

If Phil hires Blatt, people here are gonna say "see?? he went outside the box!!" but really what I think it means is that the clock is ticking on Phil going home.

And, hey, if his legacy is he left us Melo, KP, Grant, Wroten, hopefully a solid 2017 pick, Rolo, Blatt, maybe Conley, I'll be cool with Phil. I just don't see him sticking here for the long haul.

Add Willy to that as he really strikes me a nice future role player but here's the thing... Are you telling me if he doesn't hire Blatt but all those above things remain true your not cool with him? That's really that big a game changer?

Yes, the Triangle is a deal breaker. We will never win with it here. Full stop.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/1/2016  9:38 PM
crzymdups
USA
5/1/2016  9:39 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Phil swings and misses again. Sigh.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/1/2016  10:38 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

That could be very interesting if he is the hire. If one job screams MJax to me it is Sacramento.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/1/2016  10:55 PM
really ugly that blatt is not already officially our coach and that we are letting this sh1t play out.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/1/2016  11:02 PM
mreinman wrote:really ugly that blatt is not already officially our coach and that we are letting this sh1t play out.

This is not easy for you is it?

crzymdups
USA
5/1/2016  11:05 PM
mreinman wrote:really ugly that blatt is not already officially our coach and that we are letting this sh1t play out.

My guess at how the interview went.

Phil: "So, David, thanks for meeting me for lunch. Steve is making me talk to you to appease Dolan. I'll be straight with you, it's Triangle or the highway. You want to learn the sacred art?"

Blatt: "Well, um..."

Phil: "Ok, gotta run, I have racket ball with Rambis at 1pm. Order whatever you want. MSG is paying."

Blatt: "uh...bye?"

Annnnd scene.

Hey, at least we'll get a top three pick in 2017

¿ △ ?
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/1/2016  11:10 PM
crzymdups wrote:

My guess at how the interview went.

Phil: "So, David, thanks for meeting me for lunch. Steve is making me talk to you to appease Dolan. I'll be straight with you, it's Triangle or the highway. You want to learn the sacred art?"

Blatt: "Well, um..."

Phil: "Ok, gotta run, I have racket ball with Rambis at 1pm. Order whatever you want. MSG is paying."

Blatt: "uh...bye?"

Annnnd scene.

Hey, at least we'll get a top three pick in 2017

I think that phil put his right hand on his head and close his eyes .... after 30 seconds, forces made it clear that this guy was too jewish.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/2/2016  3:42 AM

I think he's a done a very good job in Indiana- would be happy to have him as a Knicks coach. I think the Hawks coach is also free after this season- those are two names I would hope we'd at least consider.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

5/2/2016  4:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2016  4:57 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I think he's a done a very good job in Indiana- would be happy to have him as a Knicks coach. I think the Hawks coach is also free after this season- those are two names I would hope we'd at least consider.

Wow, didn't know this. Came on to discuss a little disappointment that Blatt is even interviewing in Sacramento. Really? How did we not tie this guy up already?? But didn't know about Vogel.. I'd take Vogel in a sec. One of the FAs out there I really like is Solomon Hill. Was reading an article yesterday about how Hill likes and respects Vogel, who told him to stay ready toward the end of the season and that PT would likely open up for him. Well Vogel came through for him and kept his word and I think that meant a lot and went a long way with Hill.. Hill went on to say that he wants to play in a place that he's comfortable, that money won't be the only deciding factor, and that he'd prefer not to go to a rebuilding situation, giving Philly as an example. I read this and thought 'there's goes that guy' but with Vogel on board, we could get him. Hill's a real good intangible player with underrated skills. I think he could be a lot more than what he is right now. Could be our very own Draymond Green right here from the 2/3 positions.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/hills-unconscious-shooting-could-pay

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/2/2016  7:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2016  7:29 AM
It maybe at Blatts request he interview in SAC, and in Houstan to see whats up.
We have only been going on media speculation and nothing form Knicks regarding his decision to whom coaches.
Phil might have agreed Blatt go and see what the market offers him in terms of money and opportunity. A man should never start a job wondering what he might have left on the table.

Personally I hope Ewing gets the nod in SAC, but I fear they are interviewing Ewing as they are now including minorities for the search. I hope he gets real consideration for the position. He should given his track record. He might be the one who gets in Boogies head and gets him calmed down. Rockets have Harden but Dwight might not be back, and I get get handle on what else they would have.

Les Alexander is a good owner in Houstan and I can see Blatt a good fit.
JVG still lives in Houstan. I wonder if he really is ready to get back into the game.

crzymdups
USA
5/2/2016  10:08 AM

Blatt still in the running as head coach. I hope this happens. Sounds like Kings and Rockets are interested too.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/2/2016  10:44 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Blatt still in the running as head coach. I hope this happens. Sounds like Kings and Rockets are interested too.

They say Berman only posts what MSG tells him. Earlier it was they wanted Blatt in some capacity and my consider him as Rambis second in command.

Later we will see Berman say that Phil never really wanted Blatt.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/2/2016  11:24 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They say Berman only posts what MSG tells him. Earlier it was they wanted Blatt in some capacity and my consider him as Rambis second in command.

If Berman is getting info from MSG what would be the logic of first saying Blatt could be assistant and then saying Blatt was interviewed for Head Coach? There's no logic to such contradictory statements.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

5/2/2016  1:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That's disgusting.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
With Walton to the Lakers, Phil better hurry before Kerr gets Blatt

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy