mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/1/2016  3:29 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:You really need to take it easy with the Phil bashing. You know damn well Phil got the info from Luke on what he was thinking when he called him.

Regarding Blatt, we just have to wait and see what happens. There's no point in going crazy over something that hasn't happened yet.

Most coaches in the NBA have zero to only a minimal impact on wins. A good coach might get you 5 wins and a great coach might add 10 IMO. The greatest coaches like Pop and Phil have been shown to add even more. Do we even know how good Luke is? We can really only guess at what each coach's impact actually is. IMO most people overestimate the impact of the average coach. It's MOSTLY ABOUT THE TALENT!!! Just ask Doc Rivers in LAC.

surprised that crushalittle is not calling you out for reading phils mind.

Nix is referencing an actual conversation that took place and he doesn't act like he is smarter than everyone, relies on data, not his gut, but then can't help himself when a guy writes a fictional article about how he feels about a player situation based on what he thinks the guy in charge might be thinking. Huge difference. But you can't seem to figure that out.

really sargent?

That's how you blindly mind fake read this line?

"You know damn well Phil got the info from Luke on what he was thinking when he called him"

Not gonna take the great Kreskin to mind read what Phil heard from Luke. Consider that Phil tried to hire Luke previously. Now Luke is a hot commodity and Phil has an open coaching spot. Phil doesn't have to make an offer in order to get the answer he needs from Luke. This is a man he talks to on a regular basis. Phil is the one that got Luke started on the path to coaching. It's all just BS to think Phil dropped the ball on this one.

dropped the ball? Did I say that?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

5/1/2016  7:49 AM
Definitely hoping Phil Jackson/David Blatt meeting/interview was a legit rumor. If we can get a Blatt/Rambis pairing, that would be a good situatin for us. I like Blatt, he's a proven head coach both internationally and took the Cavs to the Finals last year. Rambis can help run the Triangle, Blatt can oversee the team, the defense and also insert some of his princeton sets. The Triangle and Princeton offenses are very very similar.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
5/1/2016  9:23 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Definitely hoping Phil Jackson/David Blatt meeting/interview was a legit rumor. If we can get a Blatt/Rambis pairing, that would be a good situatin for us. I like Blatt, he's a proven head coach both internationally and took the Cavs to the Finals last year. Rambis can help run the Triangle, Blatt can oversee the team, the defense and also insert some of his princeton sets. The Triangle and Princeton offenses are very very similar.

That's a disaster waiting to happen. if Blatt is the head, nobody will listen to Rambis. if rambis is the head, you're wasting Blatt brilliant offensive mind. There is no good coming out of that pairing. just more confusion.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/1/2016  11:22 AM
knickscity wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Definitely hoping Phil Jackson/David Blatt meeting/interview was a legit rumor. If we can get a Blatt/Rambis pairing, that would be a good situatin for us. I like Blatt, he's a proven head coach both internationally and took the Cavs to the Finals last year. Rambis can help run the Triangle, Blatt can oversee the team, the defense and also insert some of his princeton sets. The Triangle and Princeton offenses are very very similar.

That's a disaster waiting to happen. if Blatt is the head, nobody will listen to Rambis. if rambis is the head, you're wasting Blatt brilliant offensive mind. There is no good coming out of that pairing. just more confusion.

I think a fair compromise would be to move Rambis up to Phil's ast and bring in Brian Shaw as an ast not associate head coach but just an ast. In a way it still kind of smells of the Tyrone Lou situation he was in with Cleveland but at least it isn't Phils best friend. Shaw has been around other offenses and had assisted under more offenses than the triangle so he might not be as obverse to tweaking the triangle and won't tattle on Blatt to Phil.

mreinman

5/1/2016  11:31 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

I think a fair compromise would be to move Rambis up to Phil's ast and bring in Brian Shaw as an ast not associate head coach but just an ast. In a way it still kind of smells of the Tyrone Lou situation he was in with Cleveland but at least it isn't Phils best friend. Shaw has been around other offenses and had assisted under more offenses than the triangle so he might not be as obverse to tweaking the triangle and won't tattle on Blatt to Phil.

great ... now we need to design a coaching staff around the worry of having too many triangle tattles

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/1/2016  12:04 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:You really need to take it easy with the Phil bashing. You know damn well Phil got the info from Luke on what he was thinking when he called him.

Regarding Blatt, we just have to wait and see what happens. There's no point in going crazy over something that hasn't happened yet.

Most coaches in the NBA have zero to only a minimal impact on wins. A good coach might get you 5 wins and a great coach might add 10 IMO. The greatest coaches like Pop and Phil have been shown to add even more. Do we even know how good Luke is? We can really only guess at what each coach's impact actually is. IMO most people overestimate the impact of the average coach. It's MOSTLY ABOUT THE TALENT!!! Just ask Doc Rivers in LAC.

surprised that crushalittle is not calling you out for reading phils mind.

Nix is referencing an actual conversation that took place and he doesn't act like he is smarter than everyone, relies on data, not his gut, but then can't help himself when a guy writes a fictional article about how he feels about a player situation based on what he thinks the guy in charge might be thinking. Huge difference. But you can't seem to figure that out.

really sargent?

That's how you blindly mind fake read this line?

"You know damn well Phil got the info from Luke on what he was thinking when he called him"

Reinman, if you got something to add here please do. Your cute try at nicknames are falling flat. Thanks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/1/2016  12:59 PM
Not only is Phil Jackson beyond "impressed" with the ex-Cleveland Cavaliers coach's "intelligence level", but a deal for Blatt to join the Knicks organization in some capacity "is close."

"It's close. Things have progressed since Monday," a source close to Blatt said.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/blatts-talks-with-knicks-progressing-is-something-close-to-getting-done/175600912
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/1/2016  1:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Not only is Phil Jackson beyond "impressed" with the ex-Cleveland Cavaliers coach's "intelligence level", but a deal for Blatt to join the Knicks organization in some capacity "is close."

"It's close. Things have progressed since Monday," a source close to Blatt said.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/blatts-talks-with-knicks-progressing-is-something-close-to-getting-done/175600912

AWESOME!!!!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Finestrg
Member: #1069

5/1/2016  1:28 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

AWESOME!!!!

That is good news. Sharp guy and looks like the best candidate out there. Even if he just joined as an assistant for now, he's a great option to quickly go to should Rambis falter and get himself canned.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/1/2016  2:29 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

AWESOME!!!!

Okay, if Phil does this, my faith will be restored a lot in him.

¿ △ ?
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/1/2016  2:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:Kerr approached Blatt about being his offensive guru in 2014. Stands to reason he'd reach out again with Walton out of the picture.

Phil better put down the peyote and pick up the phone or we're going to miss out on Blatt, too.

Did he even get permission to interview Walton? How did Walton interview with the Lakers three times and zero times with the Knicks? Lakers got permission for three interviews. None for the Knicks.

Really, this is just an astoundingly terrible job by Phil.

I never thought Walton was coming here, but I think Blatt would and he'd be an excellent fit in a lot of ways. If Phil misses on Blatt, too, this coaching search is officially a disaster. Say what you want about the roster, but the coaching decisions have been terrible - lost Kerr after a verbal agreement, fired Fisher after a season and a half, installed Rambis, never interviewed Thibs, never formally interviewed Walton, interviewed Blatt...? But will he be able to seal the deal? I sort of doubt he wants to. The guy you have coaching your team matters.

Well i'm pretty sure you were paying attention about Phil having his phone call with Luke right? I'm pretty sure that during that phone call Luke let Phil know he wasn't interested in coaching the Knicks cause we all really knew that he and his family are west coast family so what reason would there be to bring him in for a interview? I'm sure Phil also knows who his next head coach will be right now and if it's gonna be Blatt then i wouldn't doubt if Blatt already knows that so he isn't gonna take a bench job if he has a head job coming and if he does get the bench job with GSW then that would be because Phil has already let him know that he won't be getting the head job.

I think there's a lot more that's already been decided then any of us will ever know so all we can do is wait to see if it will be Blatt or Rambis or Phil blows all of our minds and hires someone else that nobody knows about or that nobody really gave much thought to which is actually something i can see Phil doing.

newyorker4ever

5/1/2016  2:45 PM
crzymdups wrote:

If coaches have minimal impact on wins, why do you worship Phil so much?

Why do you say stuff that isn't true like some others do on here?? Not Nix or any other person on this board worships Phil but there are some that live in a much more realistic world than some of you guys that just hate on anything Knicks which is exhausting to see on here EVERY SINGLE DAY IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD. I wish people could just let things play out and however it does work out get behind those decisions because the Knicks are SUPPOSEDLY your favorite team but i question some people on that.

crzymdups
USA
5/1/2016  2:48 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Kerr approached Blatt about being his offensive guru in 2014. Stands to reason he'd reach out again with Walton out of the picture.

Phil better put down the peyote and pick up the phone or we're going to miss out on Blatt, too.

Did he even get permission to interview Walton? How did Walton interview with the Lakers three times and zero times with the Knicks? Lakers got permission for three interviews. None for the Knicks.

I never thought Walton was coming here, but I think Blatt would and he'd be an excellent fit in a lot of ways. If Phil misses on Blatt, too, this coaching search is officially a disaster. Say what you want about the roster, but the coaching decisions have been terrible - lost Kerr after a verbal agreement, fired Fisher after a season and a half, installed Rambis, never interviewed Thibs, never formally interviewed Walton, interviewed Blatt...? But will he be able to seal the deal? I sort of doubt he wants to. The guy you have coaching your team matters.

Well i'm pretty sure you were paying attention about Phil having his phone call with Luke right? I'm pretty sure that during that phone call Luke let Phil know he wasn't interested in coaching the Knicks cause we all really knew that he and his family are west coast family so what reason would there be to bring him in for a interview? I'm sure Phil also knows who his next head coach will be right now and if it's gonna be Blatt then i wouldn't doubt if Blatt already knows that so he isn't gonna take a bench job if he has a head job coming and if he does get the bench job with GSW then that would be because Phil has already let him know that he won't be getting the head job.

I think there's a lot more that's already been decided then any of us will ever know so all we can do is wait to see if it will be Blatt or Rambis or Phil blows all of our minds and hires someone else that nobody knows about or that nobody really gave much thought to which is actually something i can see Phil doing.

It's either gonna be Blatt or Rambis, which I said in early March. I'll be more than happy to bump that thread when it happens.

If it is Blatt, I will give Phil some credit, with a HEALTHY assist to Steve Mills. Blatt didn't happen by accident.

Blatt will happen, as I predicted in March, because Dolan and Melo want absolutely zero to do with Rambis being the head coach of the New York Knicks. And Mills loves Blatt, was his backcourt starting partner at Princeton, and presented Blatt as the alternative to the hellscape of letting Rambis coach one of the largest franchises in the NBA.

My prediction is Blatt - and good on Phil for comprimising, but I also think Blatt means that Phil is more likely to opt out next season and go back to LA to Jeannie and Luke.

If Phil hires Blatt, people here are gonna say "see?? he went outside the box!!" but really what I think it means is that the clock is ticking on Phil going home.

And, hey, if his legacy is he left us Melo, KP, Grant, Wroten, hopefully a solid 2017 pick, Rolo, Blatt, maybe Conley, I'll be cool with Phil. I just don't see him sticking here for the long haul.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
5/1/2016  2:49 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Why do you say stuff that isn't true like some others do on here?? Not Nix or any other person on this board worships Phil but there are some that live in a much more realistic world than some of you guys that just hate on anything Knicks which is exhausting to see on here EVERY SINGLE DAY IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD. I wish people could just let things play out and however it does work out get behind those decisions because the Knicks are SUPPOSEDLY your favorite team but i question some people on that.

To call me a Knicks hater is ridiculous.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

5/1/2016  3:05 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

To call me a Knicks hater is ridiculous.

I believe that true love is recognizes and addresses when the object of your love may be flawed and you love this object so much that you yearn for it to be addressed.

Or you can just put your head down and close your eyes and be peachy.

newyorker4ever

5/1/2016  3:08 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

It's either gonna be Blatt or Rambis, which I said in early March. I'll be more than happy to bump that thread when it happens.

If it is Blatt, I will give Phil some credit, with a HEALTHY assist to Steve Mills. Blatt didn't happen by accident.

Blatt will happen, as I predicted in March, because Dolan and Melo want absolutely zero to do with Rambis being the head coach of the New York Knicks. And Mills loves Blatt, was his backcourt starting partner at Princeton, and presented Blatt as the alternative to the hellscape of letting Rambis coach one of the largest franchises in the NBA.

My prediction is Blatt - and good on Phil for comprimising, but I also think Blatt means that Phil is more likely to opt out next season and go back to LA to Jeannie and Luke.

If Phil hires Blatt, people here are gonna say "see?? he went outside the box!!" but really what I think it means is that the clock is ticking on Phil going home.

And, hey, if his legacy is he left us Melo, KP, Grant, Wroten, hopefully a solid 2017 pick, Rolo, Blatt, maybe Conley, I'll be cool with Phil. I just don't see him sticking here for the long haul.

Well thank you for all of this cause you just repeated stuff that plenty of people have been saying on here for months, you added nothing new and cause your prediction was just a guess about Blatt and Rambis who were both being predicted about by many people on here so i'ts nothing new.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/1/2016  3:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2016  3:26 PM
According to one report Phil is one of those coaches that affected team wins

Back to Blatt:

What does "some capacity" mean?

mreinman

5/1/2016  3:28 PM
can we pry spoelstra away from Miami? He maybe one of those coaches that may have an affect.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/1/2016  3:48 PM
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

AWESOME!!!!

Okay, if Phil does this, my faith will be restored a lot in him.

Tommy Dee isn't the most reliable of sources, he often gets things very wrong. Still, there's not really any reason for dragging this thing on now Luke is out of the equation so hopefully we'll find out soon.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/1/2016  4:05 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Add Willy to that as he really strikes me a nice future role player but here's the thing... Are you telling me if he doesn't hire Blatt but all those above things remain true your not cool with him? That's really that big a game changer?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
With Walton to the Lakers, Phil better hurry before Kerr gets Blatt

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy