CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/29/2016  4:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I have solid confidence in Phil Jackson. The man was hired for 5 years and the bottom lime is that it takes a long time to turn things around. The end

Especially when you have a small circle, only deal with a hand full of GMs, only looking for certain type players, having to teach a system that only a hand full of players can actually play in.

If your roster can't make the playoffs in the 3rd yr of your hiring, you should be fired, or on a very HOT SEAT.

This is sports first, not a start up business that needs 5 yrs to make a profit. Some of you are so naïve, and blindly optimistic.

Phil is 2nd yr exec, who had zero success or experience building a championship team. That's not even debatable

Which contender team was build in 2 years?
Any examples please?

I never said anything about contending for a championship, and by the way, CLEVELAND was a lottery team in 13/14 season, and the very next season they were in the finals, boston was a lottery team, a yr or two letter, made a trade for kg, and ray, finals/championship, the next season.

Phil has building a triangle culture with just 2 season left on his contract, and you and i both know, he will not be re-signed, weather it's his decision, or dolan, so all this triangle building is for 2 more seasons..

If LBJ opts out and comes to NY the Knicks will be in the finals next year even without having the #1 overall pick to send out to add a player of Love's stature (at the time the CAvs traded for him).
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2016  4:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I have solid confidence in Phil Jackson. The man was hired for 5 years and the bottom lime is that it takes a long time to turn things around. The end

Especially when you have a small circle, only deal with a hand full of GMs, only looking for certain type players, having to teach a system that only a hand full of players can actually play in.

If your roster can't make the playoffs in the 3rd yr of your hiring, you should be fired, or on a very HOT SEAT.

This is sports first, not a start up business that needs 5 yrs to make a profit. Some of you are so naïve, and blindly optimistic.

Phil is 2nd yr exec, who had zero success or experience building a championship team. That's not even debatable

Any examples please?

I never said anything about contending for a championship, and by the way, CLEVELAND was a lottery team in 13/14 season, and the very next season they were in the finals, boston was a lottery team, a yr or two letter, made a trade for kg, and ray, finals/championship, the next season.

Phil has building a triangle culture with just 2 season left on his contract, and you and i both know, he will not be re-signed, weather it's his decision, or dolan, so all this triangle building is for 2 more seasons..

If LBJ opts out and comes to NY the Knicks will be in the finals next year even without having the #1 overall pick to send out to add a player of Love's stature (at the time the CAvs traded for him).

If you want Lebron to come to Knicks, Don't write Dolan, write Santa Claus!

CrushAlot
USA
4/29/2016  4:46 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Any examples please?

Follow the thread. Response was to this,
CLEVELAND was a lottery team in 13/14 season, and the very next season they were in the finals,
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/29/2016  4:50 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm sick of "knick" fans. We used to be the most knowledgeable.... now the majority of fans out there are just espn slaves and drama queens. "Bring back Jeff van gundy"... Phil Jackson sucks.... respectfully just go follow another team. Makes me sick all this garbage. Seriously though and "open letter to Dolan".... gtfoh with that. So damn corny

They're just children living a negative life and no matter what the Knicks do good they'll find the bad in everything.

I dont know where youve been the last 15 years but Knick fans good bad in the middle--we have stunk for many years 14/15 with the most money per W in the history of sports bad business. Ill give Phil 5 years I think that note is so stupid hes done a fine job so far. WORSE than the fan is Carmelo Anthony who is making the round sand bashing Phil for this that for what a year now? Hes worse than the fans. Hes creating some fan dissent towards Phil

RIP Crushalot😞
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
4/29/2016  4:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Any examples please?

Follow the thread. Response was to this,
CLEVELAND was a lottery team in 13/14 season, and the very next season they were in the finals,

Melo is no Lebron for sure so the result is different...
They get to the finals, and we get to playoffs... once.
If you getting pocket aces every hand you surely have more chances to win.
Reality is you have to play with anything you dealt to you by karma.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
USA
4/29/2016  4:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm sick of "knick" fans. We used to be the most knowledgeable.... now the majority of fans out there are just espn slaves and drama queens. "Bring back Jeff van gundy"... Phil Jackson sucks.... respectfully just go follow another team. Makes me sick all this garbage. Seriously though and "open letter to Dolan".... gtfoh with that. So damn corny

They're just children living a negative life and no matter what the Knicks do good they'll find the bad in everything.

I dont know where youve been the last 15 years but Knick fans good bad in the middle--we have stunk for many years 14/15 with the most money per W in the history of sports bad business. Ill give Phil 5 years I think that note is so stupid hes done a fine job so far. WORSE than the fan is Carmelo Anthony who is making the round sand bashing Phil for this that for what a year now? Hes worse than the fans. Hes creating some fan dissent towards Phil

I would listen to the interviews before I proclaimed Melo was going around bashing Phil. Everything tweeted and quoted is out of context from the Dan Patrick interview. You can hear Melo for yourself if you go to the Melo wants to retire a knick as a link is posted there.
BRIGGS
4/29/2016  4:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I would listen to the interviews before I proclaimed Melo was going around bashing Phil. Everything tweeted and quoted is out of context from the Dan Patrick interview. You can hear Melo for yourself if you go to the Melo wants to retire a knick as a link is posted there.

Ive listened to him--he hasnt been the supportive towards Phil for a year. The I want to retire a Knick stuff is different than not talking about Phils move either behind his back(last draft) or in between.
RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
USA
4/29/2016  5:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Ive listened to him--he hasnt been the supportive towards Phil for a year. The I want to retire a Knick stuff is different than not talking about Phils move either behind his back(last draft) or in between.
Stephen A. reported that stuff and Melo refuted it and said he never said it. It isn't out there so I am not sure how you could have listened to it. The current quotes creating a stir are from the DP interview and are taken out of context. You can choose not to listen to it but most of the things that appear scandalous are direct responses to DP questions (i.e. DP asked, could you teach someone the triangle in an hour?). That isn't out there but what is out there is, Melo says he could teach the basics of the triangle in an hour. Alone that seems like an arrogant statement with possible negative connotations against the triangle. I think you need to always listen to the interviews as the guys writing the quotes and tweets are trying to get clicks, sell papers and be provocative.
BRIGGS
4/29/2016  5:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Stephen A. reported that stuff and Melo refuted it and said he never said it. It isn't out there so I am not sure how you could have listened to it. The current quotes creating a stir are from the DP interview and are taken out of context. You can choose not to listen to it but most of the things that appear scandalous are direct responses to DP questions (i.e. DP asked, could you teach someone the triangle in an hour?). That isn't out there but what is out there is, Melo says he could teach the basics of the triangle in an hour. Alone that seems like an arrogant statement with possible negative connotations against the triangle. I think you need to always listen to the interviews as the guys writing the quotes and tweets are trying to get clicks, sell papers and be provocative.

I dont believe Im a stupid person and I can clearly see Melo hasnt been 100% supportive or anything close for Phil. I think hed be happy if Phil was gone and he had more say. If not he can simply say I support Phil 100% in any of his moves--he doesnt do that. If it was Melo decision--believe me KP would not be a Knick
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/29/2016  5:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I dont believe Im a stupid person and I can clearly see Melo hasnt been 100% supportive or anything close for Phil. I think hed be happy if Phil was gone and he had more say. If not he can simply say I support Phil 100% in any of his moves--he doesnt do that. If it was Melo decision--believe me KP would not be a Knick

I agree with all this.

This is part of the problem - Melo is here, disagrees with Phil, and Phil can't get rid of him because of the No Trade Clause Phil gave him.

It's a problem.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
4/29/2016  5:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Not saying something is different from saying he is making the rounds bashing Phil. He hasn't been Phil bashing and I think all moves since Phil has been in charge have been made by Phil without influence from Melo.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/29/2016  6:32 PM
MELO is along for the ride! He has no clout! If he doesn't like it he can leave. That is how Phil has been dealing with MELO since he signed. No star chase and giving up picks in order to please MELO. Just patient and logical moves. A little bit for right now and a little for the future. Last draft was all about the future. KP, GRANT AND WILLY!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/29/2016  6:52 PM
nixluva wrote:MELO is along for the ride! He has no clout! If he doesn't like it he can leave. That is how Phil has been dealing with MELO since he signed. No star chase and giving up picks in order to please MELO. Just patient and logical moves. A little bit for right now and a little for the future. Last draft was all about the future. KP, GRANT AND WILLY!

I'll bet you $100 dollars Melo is here longer than Phil. He has done everything asked of him thus far. Passing more, more attention to defense, more vocal. Only All Star publicly advocating for New York Knicks. Dolan asked Phil for a winner as a President, not to coach. The clock is ticking on the old man Jackson to produce results. 11 rings or not, without a winning season his ass will be sent to the glue farm sooner rather than later.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
USA
4/29/2016  7:07 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:MELO is along for the ride! He has no clout! If he doesn't like it he can leave. That is how Phil has been dealing with MELO since he signed. No star chase and giving up picks in order to please MELO. Just patient and logical moves. A little bit for right now and a little for the future. Last draft was all about the future. KP, GRANT AND WILLY!

I'll bet you $100 dollars Melo is here longer than Phil. He has done everything asked of him thus far. Passing more, more attention to defense, more vocal. Only All Star publicly advocating for New York Knicks. Dolan asked Phil for a winner as a President, not to coach. The clock is ticking on the old man Jackson to produce results. 11 rings or not, without a winning season his ass will be sent to the glue farm sooner rather than later.

Whether MELO is here longer than Phil is irrelevant!!! Phil has been doing the RIGHT THING by this franchise rather than giving in to MELO or what's in Melo's best interests but not necessarily best for the Knicks. Once Phil drafted KP it was no longer just about MELO!!!

So do you understand this change in priorities or do you want to talk more ish about Phil being old whatever the F that matters. MELO finally playing the right way is fine but that doesn't make his wishes more important than the future of this franchise. Phil realizes his moves will outlive his tenure and he's been very protective of this team's future.

93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
4/30/2016  6:29 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

That's a fun bet!!

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/1/2016  12:55 AM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Whether MELO is here longer than Phil is irrelevant!!! Phil has been doing the RIGHT THING by this franchise rather than giving in to MELO or what's in Melo's best interests but not necessarily best for the Knicks. Once Phil drafted KP it was no longer just about MELO!!!

So do you understand this change in priorities or do you want to talk more ish about Phil being old whatever the F that matters. MELO finally playing the right way is fine but that doesn't make his wishes more important than the future of this franchise. Phil realizes his moves will outlive his tenure and he's been very protective of this team's future.

I happen to agree with all these rebuttal points.

I don't understand why the NY media is suddenly treating Carmelo as if he's the reincarnation of Red Auerbach. Melo has no qualifications to dictate coaching decisions, GM decisions or any other administrative decisions. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be shown some respect in terms of his opinions but his opinions only affect short-term considerations (his own) and Phil is thinking on a whole different level.

nixluva
USA
5/1/2016  1:56 AM
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I happen to agree with all these rebuttal points.

I don't understand why the NY media is suddenly treating Carmelo as if he's the reincarnation of Red Auerbach. Melo has no qualifications to dictate coaching decisions, GM decisions or any other administrative decisions. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be shown some respect in terms of his opinions but his opinions only affect short-term considerations (his own) and Phil is thinking on a whole different level.

IMO no matter what some may think of Phil's quirky personality or some of belief in his way of doing things, I will always be greatful to Phil for giving this team a future!!! We have KP, other young players and our future picks.

Phil made the difficult choice going more in the direction of the future than going hard for the RIGHT NOW! He knows we've done that in the past and he stated he wasn't going to do that.

Open Letter to James Dolan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy