Member: #848
USA
4/29/2016  9:19 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:If you do not agree with me you're dumb but if you do agree with me you're stupid. Ah fans, they are never wrong and never right.

your dumb too btw ...

NO!!! How about just recognizing this is DUMB ISH! To even think about bringing Dolan into this should automatically invalidate anything this fan had to say!!! WTF did we go thru in the years Dolan was interfering? How short is your memory that you can't realize what a bad idea it is to be calling for Dolan to get back involved? No! HELL NO!!!

Dolan or Phil it's all the same thing two stubborn egomaniacs who likely will not change. I think Dolan likes a scapegoat now and will not go back. If it is true that Dolan has his eye on Ujiri then he may be growing up. I personally would like Morey(Pres.)and Hinkie(GM) but I what do I know. It's not like I have 11 ringz.

You make jokes about 11 rings but you know what? YOU DONT HAVE 11 RINGS!!! Neither does Morey or Hinkie! WTF do any of them know about championship teams? Can we at least let the guy who does have 11 rings finish what he's started???

I can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes. We finally got a true BASKETBALL MAN running things and still fans aren't happy. They start doing the same crap that makes Dolan panic and do dumb crap! Phil may eventually fail but he deserves a chance to complete his vision for the team. I see no benefit to wasting the last 2 years and starting down some unknown path before we see how Phil's plan actually works out.

Did phil build a roster that won championships e, or did phil coach a ready made rosters to 11 championship.. think about that?

think about what? you think phil had no input in any of the decisions in either la or chicago? this line of thinking is so stupid. if mitch kupchak was so good at building teams why hasn't he been able to build anything since phil left? it's a two-way street, both gm and coaches of phil's stature, have input on personnel decisions.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/29/2016  9:26 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:If you do not agree with me you're dumb but if you do agree with me you're stupid. Ah fans, they are never wrong and never right.

your dumb too btw ...

NO!!! How about just recognizing this is DUMB ISH! To even think about bringing Dolan into this should automatically invalidate anything this fan had to say!!! WTF did we go thru in the years Dolan was interfering? How short is your memory that you can't realize what a bad idea it is to be calling for Dolan to get back involved? No! HELL NO!!!

Dolan or Phil it's all the same thing two stubborn egomaniacs who likely will not change. I think Dolan likes a scapegoat now and will not go back. If it is true that Dolan has his eye on Ujiri then he may be growing up. I personally would like Morey(Pres.)and Hinkie(GM) but I what do I know. It's not like I have 11 ringz.

You make jokes about 11 rings but you know what? YOU DONT HAVE 11 RINGS!!! Neither does Morey or Hinkie! WTF do any of them know about championship teams? Can we at least let the guy who does have 11 rings finish what he's started???

I can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes. We finally got a true BASKETBALL MAN running things and still fans aren't happy. They start doing the same crap that makes Dolan panic and do dumb crap! Phil may eventually fail but he deserves a chance to complete his vision for the team. I see no benefit to wasting the last 2 years and starting down some unknown path before we see how Phil's plan actually works out.

Did phil build a roster that won championships e, or did phil coach a ready made rosters to 11 championship.. think about that?

think about what? you think phil had no input in any of the decisions in either la or chicago? this line of thinking is so stupid. if mitch kupchak was so good at building teams why hasn't he been able to build anything since phil left? it's a two-way street, both gm and coaches of phil's stature, have input on personnel decisions.

Because the Lakers were blessed to acquire Shaq in his prime and get Kobe Bryant for 20 years. That doesn't happen every day.

Lakers are in far better shape than the Knicks right now - D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, $60M in cap room and they get a draft pick this year if it's in the top three. Sounds like they're doing an okay job of building to me. This is a team that won five rings in the 80s and five rings in the 00s and you're questioning their ability to build teams? They might've gotten another, but David Stern killed a trade sending Chris Paul to the Lakers and instead sent him to the Clippers. I think they'll be alright in the team building department.

¿ △ ?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
USA
4/29/2016  9:32 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

your dumb too btw ...

Because the Lakers were blessed to acquire Shaq in his prime and get Kobe Bryant for 20 years. That doesn't happen every day.

Lakers are in far better shape than the Knicks right now - D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, $60M in cap room and they get a draft pick this year if it's in the top three. Sounds like they're doing an okay job of building to me. This is a team that won five rings in the 80s and five rings in the 00s and you're questioning their ability to build teams? They might've gotten another, but David Stern killed a trade sending Chris Paul to the Lakers and instead sent him to the Clippers. I think they'll be alright in the team building department.

that's if you like d'angelo russell and julius randle. both players look like they will be pretty good players, but im not sure either one of them will be a franchise-level player and based on where they were drafted, that's what they were going for. they have some nice players, but that doesn't mean they've done a great job rebuilding over there. and you've mentioned phils questionable hiring of coaches... i won't even go into the lakers hiring of coaches since he left, i think that speaks for itself.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/29/2016  9:42 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I have solid confidence in Phil Jackson. The man was hired for 5 years and the bottom lime is that it takes a long time to turn things around. The end

Especially when you have a small circle, only deal with a hand full of GMs, only looking for certain type players, having to teach a system that only a hand full of players can actually play in.

If your roster can't make the playoffs in the 3rd yr of your hiring, you should be fired, or on a very HOT SEAT.

This is sports first, not a start up business that needs 5 yrs to make a profit. Some of you are so naïve, and blindly optimistic.

Phil is 2nd yr exec, who had zero success or experience building a championship team. That's not even debatable

ES
foosballnick
Member: #3148

4/29/2016  9:49 AM
Just wondering where all these NBA teams are that take a down-trending, Aging & Capped out roster and turn it over into a great playoff team in 1-2 years? It's very difficult for all teams but a select few to seriously contend every year given the Salary Cap and rules meant to curb player movement. It took the Warriors (who were in a much better starting spot than the Knicks in terms of core talent and draft picks) 4 years to build around Curry into a Championship Team.......that is absolutely the best case scenario I can think of....and the Knicks of 2013/14 started behind where the Warriors were in 2010/11 based solely on having Curry on the roster at that time and Draft picks in hand.

Refreshing/Rebuilding/Retooling (or whatever you want to call it) takes time & patience. However many Knicks fans seem to want immediate results and when those results are not immediate - they want immediate change. Guess what - with immediate change, the clock starts ticking again as a new staff comes in to do it their own way. Given the length of time it takes to rebuild in the NBA - it's very likely those same fans will be demanding the same immediate replacement of Knicks Staff in 2 years hence.

Fans like the Dolan Letter Writer can continue to drive themselves crazy by taking a Micro view. Putting every single trade, move, comment, newspaper headline, tweet, game, shot selection etc. under a microscope to try and prove how bad things are. Or perhaps they can take a macro view and look at trending over time. Unfortunately the macro view takes time/patience that many just do not seem to possess.

To expect instant gratification as a fan will ultimately lead to disappointment. The Knicks improved by 15 games over last year. An improvement but nothing to crow about given where they started. However to me it's about if they continue to progress by another 5-10 games next year and then the following year. Some may claim to be able to claim they have a crystal ball and predict that outcomes will not lead to further progress. To those I would say, you should be out using your extraordinary predictive talents to make millions rather than hanging out on fan boards.

A further note on Jeff Van Gundy. I always liked the guy as Knicks coach and Game Analyst. However unlike the writer of this Letter, let's not kid ourselves that he would be some kind of rebuilding conqueror for the Knicks. He inherited a Dolan Free Knicks team that had been to the playoffs 7 straight years prior and was 2 years removed from the finals.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2016  9:49 AM
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Who do the pro-Phil crowd think the Knicks are getting in Free Agency? Will Bazemore leave a great situation in Atlanta? Will Batum leave a great situation in Charlotte? Just curious what the realistic expectations are that I'm missing? Are these FA supposed to be excited about playing for Kurt Rambis who has the worst record of any coach in the league? Are they supposed to be excited about the Triangle which is universally mocked around the league? I'm honestly curious. I have a bad feeling about the coaching hire and about FA. I'd love to feel better about it.

Contenders are not built overnight. Player by player, brick by brick.

Who thought DeMarre Carroll would leave a 60+ win Atlanta team whose whole lineup were all stars. Who thought Rolo would come to the Knicks and be a decent piece on a very good contract? Who thought KP would be a insta potential franchise guy and not the purported "many years" before impact? Who thought that Phil could trade for a first round pick last year?

Got to wait and see and not expect instant success but rather a building team who gets better.

“First of all, the problem with step-by-step analysis is that it obscures the bigger picture,” Van Gundy said in a telephone interview. “So I don’t care that much what you say about Phil’s decisions to trade for Jose Calderon or sign Arron Afflalo — so far, he got the biggest one right.”

He referred to Jackson’s drafting of Kristaps Porzingis — “The kid has the mental makeup to be a huge star,” Van Gundy raved — when Jackson might have succumbed to external pressure to trade down in the draft to secure a veteran player along with a lower pick last June.

I agree with this all of course.

I think the main thing that takes away my faith in Phil is the way the coaching has been handled. The Fisher situation was messy and a bit of a black eye for Phil's reign here. Handing the job to Rambis with no real coaching search when he didn't do a good job in 30 game trial... just reckless and stubborn.

We have Melo saying today that Thibs definitely would've come here and wanted to come here... and couldn't even get an interview.

Best coach on the market couldn't get an interview? Wanted to come here. Couldn't get a phone call.

edit: to your point about DeMarre Carroll - I liked that guy. But the way you steal a guy like that is to wildly overpay him. Toronto owes that dude 3yr $46M... they overpaid. That'll be the only way to get a starter level player, minimum 4yr $60M for a starter, maybe more like 4yr $80M in this market.

You know what, you gotta let things play out. You seem to have indited Phil because he already put Rambis in place as the head coach? Has Rambis been named? I don't recall that.

And if he does nominate Rambis, let us find out why. I am a bit of a long term look guy and want continuity. I am definitely unsure if Rambis is a deep playoff coach, but neither are the Knicks for another year or 2. I think they are better off with teaching and continuity for at least another year before they bring in a better coach.

Fish was a **** up, a mistake; bet he wishes he did things differently and so do the Knicks. But it was identified and cut.

Does anyone think that Phil and Thibs would actually get along or that Dolan (who hated Thibs?) would be OK with him in NY? Also, does anyone think that Thibs after about a year wouldn't make a move to get control of the front office? Would Thibs be OK with some of the triangle guys on his team and also run the Triangle?

As for Carroll, he was a 28 year old first time all star, 2 way player, ball mover who was shooting 40% from 3? I have to tell you, with the caps rising so quickly, I really got no clue what amounts to overpay. It's weird that there was such loud objection to Rolo at $13.5M and yet that turns out to be a VERY favorable contract. What is the market for borderline all stars who are 2-way players? Middleton, Danilo, Dragic, Parsons, Tobias Harris, Wesley Matthews, Gordon Hayward are all 2/3 wing players who get paid about $14M per and recently signed contracts. So maybe his contact is about right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
4/29/2016  9:52 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

your dumb too btw ...

Input and building and entire team from the ground up is like night and day. If someone's building a house a your in put on adding a deck (which would be a great idea)in the back yard, does that make you an architect.

ES
blkexec
Member: #748
4/29/2016  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2016  10:29 AM
I've been saying knick fans are their own worst enemy. It's a bad environment for young promising rookies, because they will be scrutinized for every breath they take. And the NY media uses knicks fans emotions against them. The media knows how to push our buttons, because we wear our emotions on our sleeves. And every major out burse, letter, fan reaction....brings them media attention, which eventually mean more social media exposure. The NY media are the real pimps.....and knick fans are just hoes. Until we realize this, nothing will change.

NY'ers rather cheat their way to a championship....Trying to do the Miami route, by star phucking only helps Dolan and ticket sales. It hasn't worked for us, as far as playoff wins or championships. We put too much pressure on every draft pick, free agent and vet that puts on a uniform.

It's a bad environment to grow a team....Until the culture changes, we will continue to chase our tails.....Become old grumpy grandfathers, explaining to our grand children why the knicks suck for so long.....

The good thing is life goes on. I refuse to let Dolans inability to run a franchise affect my day to day life. I advise others to follow. Don't get caught up in this yearly emotional triangle (pun intended)

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/29/2016  10:34 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I have solid confidence in Phil Jackson. The man was hired for 5 years and the bottom lime is that it takes a long time to turn things around. The end

+1000

Patience! The last thing this team needs is Dolan sticking his nose back in. Let Phil build the team. It will take time but it then they will be good for a long time. He is changing a culture!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/29/2016  10:36 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

+1000

Patience! The last thing this team needs is Dolan sticking his nose back in. Let Phil build the team. It will take time but it then they will be good for a long time. He is changing a culture!

Phil's stubborness is driving me nuts...

But the only thing that scares me more is if Phil leaves and Dolan brings in someone new. Dear god.

I predict in 5 years it'll be Isiah running the show again anyway.

¿ △ ?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
USA
4/29/2016  10:54 AM
crzymdups wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

+1000

Phil's stubborness is driving me nuts...

But the only thing that scares me more is if Phil leaves and Dolan brings in someone new. Dear god.

I predict in 5 years it'll be Isiah running the show again anyway.

dear god crzy, it's friday, don't do that to me.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/29/2016  11:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Especially when you have a small circle, only deal with a hand full of GMs, only looking for certain type players, having to teach a system that only a hand full of players can actually play in.

If your roster can't make the playoffs in the 3rd yr of your hiring, you should be fired, or on a very HOT SEAT.

This is sports first, not a start up business that needs 5 yrs to make a profit. Some of you are so naïve, and blindly optimistic.

Phil is 2nd yr exec, who had zero success or experience building a championship team. That's not even debatable

Which contender team was build in 2 years?
Any examples please?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/29/2016  12:22 PM
EnySpree wrote:I'm sick of "knick" fans. We used to be the most knowledgeable.... now the majority of fans out there are just espn slaves and drama queens. "Bring back Jeff van gundy"... Phil Jackson sucks.... respectfully just go follow another team. Makes me sick all this garbage. Seriously though and "open letter to Dolan".... gtfoh with that. So damn corny

They're just children living a negative life and no matter what the Knicks do good they'll find the bad in everything.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/29/2016  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2016  12:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:Who do the pro-Phil crowd think the Knicks are getting in Free Agency? Will Bazemore leave a great situation in Atlanta? Will Batum leave a great situation in Charlotte? Just curious what the realistic expectations are that I'm missing? Are these FA supposed to be excited about playing for Kurt Rambis who has the worst record of any coach in the league? Are they supposed to be excited about the Triangle which is universally mocked around the league? I'm honestly curious. I have a bad feeling about the coaching hire and about FA. I'd love to feel better about it.

Who do the anti Phil crowd think we're getting in free agency with a different gm? Nowadays the best way of adding talent is via the draft- he added KP and traded for another first rounder (grant), aside from that 2 of his first 3 offseasons he hasn't had pick due to previous regimes. I'm just not sure you think we should have landed who was a free agent and wanted to come here. Criticise Phil for fair mistakes (fisher), but why blame him for not doing the impossible.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/29/2016  12:40 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

your dumb too btw ...

How are the Lakers in better shape than us? They either lose this year's first rounder or lose next year's when it becomes unprotected. I'd rather build a team around KP than Russell who has alienated his entire team and possibly the entire league.

knicks1248
4/29/2016  1:10 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Any examples please?

I never said anything about contending for a championship, and by the way, CLEVELAND was a lottery team in 13/14 season, and the very next season they were in the finals, boston was a lottery team, a yr or two letter, made a trade for kg, and ray, finals/championship, the next season.

Phil has building a triangle culture with just 2 season left on his contract, and you and i both know, he will not be re-signed, weather it's his decision, or dolan, so all this triangle building is for 2 more seasons..

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/29/2016  1:35 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

your dumb too btw ...

Lakers traded Shaq for Odom and Caron Butler and became a lottery team. That's not an already built championship roster. They also had to defeat the Spurs Tim Duncan and the Celtics Garnett in the playoffs who were also NBA greats just like Kobe.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2016  1:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2016  1:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Any examples please?

I never said anything about contending for a championship, and by the way, CLEVELAND was a lottery team in 13/14 season, and the very next season they were in the finals, boston was a lottery team, a yr or two letter, made a trade for kg, and ray, finals/championship, the next season.

Phil has building a triangle culture with just 2 season left on his contract, and you and i both know, he will not be re-signed, weather it's his decision, or dolan, so all this triangle building is for 2 more seasons..

Boston had to cultivate assets to be able to make the KG deal. Cavs, c'mon, its all about Lebron.
Think, one has to have assets to make a trade. Knicks depleted themselves with Marbury, Killed themselves with Eddy Curry, Dolan cleaned house for Melo, and Bargnani cost us a no. 1. ALl this and you blame Phil?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/29/2016  1:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Any examples please?

You have no way of knowing if this team builds up to a winner, that they won't stick with the Triangle. It's really all about how the team is playing at the time Phil leaves. The thing is, why are you so worried about that? Seems like a waste of time. How about seeing how things go this summer first??

Also the D League team is running the system. Every year it gets more enculcated into the players and coaches. This could create a deep feeder system of players and coaches for the franchise to continue to tap into.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/29/2016  3:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Any examples please?

I do not care about triangle/motion/commotion.
Any system is better that random bunch of blood-suckers doing whatever they pleased for Dolan's $$$.
We need some type of organized bbal in first place.
We need discipline across organization.
We need to set goals and went to accomplish them.
We need to learn to crawl before we will learn to fly.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Open Letter to James Dolan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy