Member: #3538

4/28/2016  7:42 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:If you do not agree with me you're dumb but if you do agree with me you're stupid. Ah fans, they are never wrong and never right.

your dumb too btw ...

NO!!! How about just recognizing this is DUMB ISH! To even think about bringing Dolan into this should automatically invalidate anything this fan had to say!!! WTF did we go thru in the years Dolan was interfering? How short is your memory that you can't realize what a bad idea it is to be calling for Dolan to get back involved? No! HELL NO!!!

Dolan or Phil it's all the same thing two stubborn egomaniacs who likely will not change. I think Dolan likes a scapegoat now and will not go back. If it is true that Dolan has his eye on Ujiri then he may be growing up. I personally would like Morey(Pres.)and Hinkie(GM) but I what do I know. It's not like I have 11 ringz.

You make jokes about 11 rings but you know what? YOU DONT HAVE 11 RINGS!!! Neither does Morey or Hinkie! WTF do any of them know about championship teams? Can we at least let the guy who does have 11 rings finish what he's started???

I can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes. We finally got a true BASKETBALL MAN running things and still fans aren't happy. They start doing the same crap that makes Dolan panic and do dumb crap! Phil may eventually fail but he deserves a chance to complete his vision for the team. I see no benefit to wasting the last 2 years and starting down some unknown path before we see how Phil's plan actually works out.

You know who doesn't have 11 rings as a President of Basketball operations Phil Jackson. You know who has never reached the playoffs despite that being his main goal the last two years, Phil Jackson. If he is willing to make jokes about other people based on what he did as a coach then he opened the door for the joke to be used against him. How's that goink? Phil will remain the the Prez regardless of what I post or you post.

A true basketball man, maybe but what does that even mean. There are a lot of true basketball men that are unsuccessful. Give me a Good Prez who is open minded and knows what he is doing and is willing to evolve. If Phil does step back and actual hire someone out of his circle then he deserves relief from fans but if he hires Rambis/Shaw then he deserves what he gets from fans who think he is close minded. I am willing to play it out but Morey/Hinkie are still my choices if Phils leaves/fired.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but writing letters to Dolan in an effort to get him to get back involved in Basketball decisions is bad news.

Phil literally just started and it hasn't been as bad as you and others want to make it out to be. The BEST thing to happen to this franchise in 15 years was losing last year and drafting KP. If Phil had decided to stick with the team he inherited and add some vets to that mix perhaps they win enough games to make the playoffs, but really so what??? I wouldn't take back any of the losing if it meant no KP.

This last season started off OK and so things went south! We still learned a lot about the roster. We saw what works and what needs to be fixed. IMO this team is closer to winning than many make it out to be. IMO this franchise is headed in the right direction. We now know that the team needs upgrades to the backcourt. There are far fewer holes going into this summer than there were last summer so that is progress. LET THE MAN FINISH!

yes, he drafted KP and that was good but that was not his goal. He only lucked into his record after the players he picked couldn't do what he planned him to do. He stills deserves credit for picking KP in the end but let's not act like it was a vision of his from start.

Yes, the Roster is better I guess. They at least have 3 bonafide starters, a young pg, an aging Pg, and who knows after that. AA and DW may opt out, O'Quinn looks like a bad pick up, and the rest are FAs.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

4/28/2016  8:09 PM
Open Letter to Donald Trump

I don't give a rat$ about your politics, but please choose James Dolan as your VP. And force him to sell the Knicks! Given the choices in this election, that maybe enough to make me come out and vote for you.

in complete disregard,
your truly

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/28/2016  8:23 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:If you do not agree with me you're dumb but if you do agree with me you're stupid. Ah fans, they are never wrong and never right.

your dumb too btw ...

NO!!! How about just recognizing this is DUMB ISH! To even think about bringing Dolan into this should automatically invalidate anything this fan had to say!!! WTF did we go thru in the years Dolan was interfering? How short is your memory that you can't realize what a bad idea it is to be calling for Dolan to get back involved? No! HELL NO!!!

Dolan or Phil it's all the same thing two stubborn egomaniacs who likely will not change. I think Dolan likes a scapegoat now and will not go back. If it is true that Dolan has his eye on Ujiri then he may be growing up. I personally would like Morey(Pres.)and Hinkie(GM) but I what do I know. It's not like I have 11 ringz.

You make jokes about 11 rings but you know what? YOU DONT HAVE 11 RINGS!!! Neither does Morey or Hinkie! WTF do any of them know about championship teams? Can we at least let the guy who does have 11 rings finish what he's started???

I can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes. We finally got a true BASKETBALL MAN running things and still fans aren't happy. They start doing the same crap that makes Dolan panic and do dumb crap! Phil may eventually fail but he deserves a chance to complete his vision for the team. I see no benefit to wasting the last 2 years and starting down some unknown path before we see how Phil's plan actually works out.

he

You know who doesn't have 11 rings as a President of Basketball operations Phil Jackson. You know who has never reached the playoffs despite that being his main goal the last two years, Phil Jackson. If he is willing to make jokes about other people based on what he did as a coach then he opened the door for the joke to be used against him. How's that goink? Phil will remain the the Prez regardless of what I post or you post.

A true basketball man, maybe but what does that even mean. There are a lot of true basketball men that are unsuccessful. Give me a Good Prez who is open minded and knows what he is doing and is willing to evolve. If Phil does step back and actual hire someone out of his circle then he deserves relief from fans but if he hires Rambis/Shaw then he deserves what he gets from fans who think he is close minded. I am willing to play it out but Morey/Hinkie are still my choices if Phils leaves/fired.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but writing letters to Dolan in an effort to get him to get back involved in Basketball decisions is bad news.

Phil literally just started and it hasn't been as bad as you and others want to make it out to be. The BEST thing to happen to this franchise in 15 years was losing last year and drafting KP. If Phil had decided to stick with the team he inherited and add some vets to that mix perhaps they win enough games to make the playoffs, but really so what??? I wouldn't take back any of the losing if it meant no KP.

This last season started off OK and so things went south! We still learned a lot about the roster. We saw what works and what needs to be fixed. IMO this team is closer to winning than many make it out to be. IMO this franchise is headed in the right direction. We now know that the team needs upgrades to the backcourt. There are far fewer holes going into this summer than there were last summer so that is progress. LET THE MAN FINISH!

yes, he drafted KP and that was good but that was not his goal. He only lucked into his record after the players he picked couldn't do what he planned him to do. He stills deserves credit for picking KP in the end but let's not act like it was a vision of his from start.

Yes, the Roster is better I guess. They at least have 3 bonafide starters, a young pg, an aging Pg, and who knows after that. AA and DW may opt out, O'Quinn looks like a bad pick up, and the rest are FAs.

Of course Phil didn't plan to lose but let's get one thing straight. When he started that season he said that he wanted to see who were the learners. Who was going to be part of the future of the team. He had hoped that more of the guys would stick so he didn't have to do a major rebuild but he WAS PREPARED TO DO THAT! It was always part of the plan that if things went south he would pull the plug on that roster, which he did. Of course he wasn't going into a season suggesting that there was no need to go to any of the games cuz the Knicks weren't even gonna try or that the team was gonna suck. No one does that. However, Phil knew his one 1st rd pick was in his pocket. If we all knew it why would he be oblivious to the fact that he had an out.

Phil added 2 more players after drafting KP and I like the pick of Jerian and Willy. 2 More young players for the future of the team. Hopefully Wroten can make the team. I would like to see DWill come back. I still like Thanasis as an energy and possible 3-D guy as he develops. RoLo was very good. Now we just need to see if Phil can add some talent to the Backcourt and push this team into the Playoff mix next year.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/28/2016  8:26 PM
I think that letter was pretty spot on.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/28/2016  9:03 PM
Who do the pro-Phil crowd think the Knicks are getting in Free Agency? Will Bazemore leave a great situation in Atlanta? Will Batum leave a great situation in Charlotte? Just curious what the realistic expectations are that I'm missing? Are these FA supposed to be excited about playing for Kurt Rambis who has the worst record of any coach in the league? Are they supposed to be excited about the Triangle which is universally mocked around the league? I'm honestly curious. I have a bad feeling about the coaching hire and about FA. I'd love to feel better about it.
¿ △ ?
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

4/28/2016  10:10 PM
Don't want Dolan interfering again, just on principle. And may as well let Jackson complete his contract (more in hope than expectation)...but I don't see too much wrong with the guy's reasons for wanting a change.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/28/2016  11:21 PM
I don't think Dolan is the one anyone should be writing to.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/29/2016  12:03 AM
Dolan already did this with Rangers.
He screwed them to the core and then hired hockey man to fix the team.
It took 5 years of sucking and rebuilding but resulted in nice 7 years run and solid team which can get better.
It was low profile development coach and years of establishing identity and continuity, collecting young talent and looking for free agents.
Knicks are primed to go the same road. The road Dolan already know.
Fans want winning now, instant gratification, star power, and they want good show.
This is what fans are paying $$$ for.
So no offense. We read the letter, we used it in the restroom when toilet paper run out.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2016  12:06 AM
crzymdups wrote:Who do the pro-Phil crowd think the Knicks are getting in Free Agency? Will Bazemore leave a great situation in Atlanta? Will Batum leave a great situation in Charlotte? Just curious what the realistic expectations are that I'm missing? Are these FA supposed to be excited about playing for Kurt Rambis who has the worst record of any coach in the league? Are they supposed to be excited about the Triangle which is universally mocked around the league? I'm honestly curious. I have a bad feeling about the coaching hire and about FA. I'd love to feel better about it.

Contenders are not built overnight. Player by player, brick by brick.

Who thought DeMarre Carroll would leave a 60+ win Atlanta team whose whole lineup were all stars. Who thought Rolo would come to the Knicks and be a decent piece on a very good contract? Who thought KP would be a insta potential franchise guy and not the purported "many years" before impact? Who thought that Phil could trade for a first round pick last year?

Got to wait and see and not expect instant success but rather a building team who gets better.

“First of all, the problem with step-by-step analysis is that it obscures the bigger picture,” Van Gundy said in a telephone interview. “So I don’t care that much what you say about Phil’s decisions to trade for Jose Calderon or sign Arron Afflalo — so far, he got the biggest one right.”

He referred to Jackson’s drafting of Kristaps Porzingis — “The kid has the mental makeup to be a huge star,” Van Gundy raved — when Jackson might have succumbed to external pressure to trade down in the draft to secure a veteran player along with a lower pick last June.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/29/2016  12:09 AM
Yes fans are really FUCKIN stupid but not as dumb as this New York Knickerbocker organization for continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2016  12:13 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Yes fans are really FUCKIN stupid but not as dumb as this New York Knickerbocker organization for continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again

And yet this stupid ****in fan is asking to go right back to the same stupid ****in way it was before. Have we not learned an iota?

You can't keep firing coaches and GMs every 2 year cause you are impatient and expect results to satisfy some mystical sense of entitlement.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/29/2016  12:52 AM
I'm reading the comments from the naysayer crowd and I must say that i'm disappointed with the lack of logic. What exactly is the point you guys are making? That Phil hasn't built a contender in year 2? He hasn't actually chosen a new coach but missing on Thibs is the end of the world? No one else is capable of coaching an NBA this team. Only Thibs is capable?

Should we just ignore the fact that we drafted KP, Jerian and Willy? Given our near total lack of picks when Phil took over, that was a good haul. Heck even the D League team has improved. This summer Phil at least has a shot at adding a significant talent. No guarantees but we're not likely to be on the outside looking in. Let's at least wait and see what actually happens. Last year we had nothing settled on this roster and after this season we at least know we have a Frontcourt!!! There were some signs that Jerian can develop into a guard we need. Things are not as bad as they're being made out to be.

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
4/29/2016  2:11 AM
"Contenders are not built overnight. Player by player, brick by brick."

Yup, it takes time, years, sometimes many years. I'm okay with that. As long as there's progress, losing is fine by me.

(And when GS starts to decline, I'll turn back to the Knicks :))

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/29/2016  5:37 AM
martin wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Yes fans are really FUCKIN stupid but not as dumb as this New York Knickerbocker organization for continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again

And yet this stupid ****in fan is asking to go right back to the same stupid ****in way it was before. Have we not learned an iota?

You can't keep firing coaches and GMs every 2 year cause you are impatient and expect results to satisfy some mystical sense of entitlement.

Stupid fans are impatient and want there coaches and GMs gone every two years but what does that make Phil who just fired Fisher?
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/29/2016  6:06 AM
Langston Galloway. Yes he's a lunch pale guy okay. This is a Jackson criticism? Please. If you have grant Wroten and pick up Conley, or Batum or Evan or Turner or Bazemore etc Gallo would be 4th or 5th option aka expendable -
I've always been a JVG admirer but please let Phil do his job and STFU.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/29/2016  6:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2016  6:33 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
martin wrote:

Stupid fans are impatient and want there coaches and GMs gone every two years but what does that make Phil who just fired Fisher?

Fisher proved to be a douche. He was trying to implement more pick and roll into the triangle.... at least that's what the clueless reporters kept saying. If that's true why didn't he? To compare, Rambis the idiot coach was able to pick and roll easy and often as soon as Grant started to come alive. Fisher also alienated half his coaching staff. Got himself involved in an embarrassing scandal with the ex wife of a best friend. Oh and his team collapsed losing 12 out of 14 games or whatever the start was. If Fisher wasn't a douche he would still be here.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/29/2016  8:15 AM
Good letter, it's like it was written by me or something.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/29/2016  8:57 AM
what a dumb "letter" sounds like it was constructed by a 15yr old. im tired of not giving our gm's enough time to do what they need... if phil hasn't do anything after 5 years, then fine, let's move onto the next. bitching about him after 2 years when he's already added a franchise-level player is just stupid. the whole thing needed to be torn down and rebuilt and that's what is happening. 5 years. no less.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
crzymdups
USA
4/29/2016  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2016  9:10 AM
martin wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Who do the pro-Phil crowd think the Knicks are getting in Free Agency? Will Bazemore leave a great situation in Atlanta? Will Batum leave a great situation in Charlotte? Just curious what the realistic expectations are that I'm missing? Are these FA supposed to be excited about playing for Kurt Rambis who has the worst record of any coach in the league? Are they supposed to be excited about the Triangle which is universally mocked around the league? I'm honestly curious. I have a bad feeling about the coaching hire and about FA. I'd love to feel better about it.

Contenders are not built overnight. Player by player, brick by brick.

Who thought DeMarre Carroll would leave a 60+ win Atlanta team whose whole lineup were all stars. Who thought Rolo would come to the Knicks and be a decent piece on a very good contract? Who thought KP would be a insta potential franchise guy and not the purported "many years" before impact? Who thought that Phil could trade for a first round pick last year?

Got to wait and see and not expect instant success but rather a building team who gets better.

“First of all, the problem with step-by-step analysis is that it obscures the bigger picture,” Van Gundy said in a telephone interview. “So I don’t care that much what you say about Phil’s decisions to trade for Jose Calderon or sign Arron Afflalo — so far, he got the biggest one right.”

He referred to Jackson’s drafting of Kristaps Porzingis — “The kid has the mental makeup to be a huge star,” Van Gundy raved — when Jackson might have succumbed to external pressure to trade down in the draft to secure a veteran player along with a lower pick last June.

I agree with this all of course.

I think the main thing that takes away my faith in Phil is the way the coaching has been handled. The Fisher situation was messy and a bit of a black eye for Phil's reign here. Handing the job to Rambis with no real coaching search when he didn't do a good job in 30 game trial... just reckless and stubborn.

We have Melo saying today that Thibs definitely would've come here and wanted to come here... and couldn't even get an interview.

Best coach on the market couldn't get an interview? Wanted to come here. Couldn't get a phone call.

edit: to your point about DeMarre Carroll - I liked that guy. But the way you steal a guy like that is to wildly overpay him. Toronto owes that dude 3yr $46M... they overpaid. That'll be the only way to get a starter level player, minimum 4yr $60M for a starter, maybe more like 4yr $80M in this market.

¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/29/2016  9:10 AM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

your dumb too btw ...

Did phil build a roster that won championships e, or did phil coach a ready made rosters to 11 championship.. think about that?

ES
Open Letter to James Dolan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy