Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

4/28/2016  9:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
nixluva wrote:I think MELO should stay. He can ride this out with KP eventually taking over. Things should improve steadily over the next few years.

No reason it can't be a smooth transition Like D Robinson/Tim Duncan --- as long as they start winning.

Transition what exactly? 17 win seasons?

If it started with a 20 win season like the Duncan/Robinson that would be ok?

If you have any love for the game of basketball please do not CarMElo Anthony to David Robinson, that's a non starter

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/29/2016  6:21 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
nixluva wrote:I think MELO should stay. He can ride this out with KP eventually taking over. Things should improve steadily over the next few years.

No reason it can't be a smooth transition Like D Robinson/Tim Duncan --- as long as they start winning.

If you have any love for the game of basketball please do not CarMElo Anthony to David Robinson, that's a non starter

your screen name is a non starter
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
callmened
Member: #4234

4/29/2016  12:31 PM
whether you love or hate his game, the guy SEEMS like a cool dude. hard to dislike the guy
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
4/29/2016  1:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
93BUICK wrote:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=robinda01&p2=anthoca01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/29/2016  2:12 PM
93BUICK wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
93BUICK wrote:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=robinda01&p2=anthoca01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Was that Basketball Reference link supposed to back Melo or David Robinson? As of right now, it's making Melo's career look like dog shyt.

Admiral's .250 WS/48 to Melo's .135 WS/48....talk about a ROFL STOMP!!!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/29/2016  2:21 PM
Like I said...

you wanted know how anyone can hate a 9 time all-star who wants to be here and wants to win....

ChuckBuck
USA
4/29/2016  2:32 PM
jrodmc wrote:Like I said...

you wanted know how anyone can hate a 9 time all-star who wants to be here and wants to win....

Well said, nothing personal with him. No one actually hates the guy, they just want someone else that can actually win some games for the Knicks.

Because of no foresight by Phil/Dolan, the NTC has a stranglehold on the franchise, and we're caught in trying to squeeze what's left of his diminished career for meaningless wins, and at the same time can't flip the rebuild switch trying to get picks and players to move on from him.

Here's hoping the Rambis hire finally turns Melo full heel on the franchise and finally waives the NTC.

jrodmc
USA
4/29/2016  2:40 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:

you wanted to know how anyone can hate a 9 time all-star who wants to be here and wants to win....

Well said, nothing personal with him. No one actually hates the guy, they just want someone else that can actually win some games for the Knicks.

Because of no foresight by Phil/Dolan, the NTC has a stranglehold on the franchise, and we're caught in trying to squeeze what's left of his diminished career for meaningless wins, and at the same time can't flip the rebuild switch trying to get picks and players to move on from him.

Here's hoping the Rambis hire finally turns Melo full heel on the franchise and finally waives the NTC.

That's funny. And here i thought we just got done tanking, rebuilt the entire team, and I thought Phil actually seemed to get a decent pick or two. Why, I even remember some guy started a thread creaming all over one of the picks that had a historical year, even for a unicorn.

And the caps gone up for the whole NBA, but...that's not enough for this franchise...because we're the only team in the league paying one max deal...And is it just me, or do we still have all the picks we had when Phil got here?

Oh wait, in MelohateWorld, maybe it's Melo's fault we traded away a pick for Bargs, right?

ChuckBuck
USA
4/29/2016  2:44 PM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

you wanted to know how anyone can hate a 9 time all-star who wants to be here and wants to win....

That's funny. And here i thought we just got done tanking, rebuilt the entire team, and I thought Phil actually seemed to get a decent pick or two. Why, I even remember some guy started a thread creaming all over one of the picks that had a historical year, even for a unicorn.

And the caps gone up for the whole NBA, but...that's not enough for this franchise...because we're the only team in the league paying one max deal...And is it just me, or do we still have all the picks we had when Phil got here?

Oh wait, in MelohateWorld, maybe it's Melo's fault we traded away a pick for Bargs, right?

It's not Melo's fault that we don't have our 2016 draft pick, correct. It IS his fault we only have 19 million(peanuts, can't even get you a max player) in cap space, because he chose $124 million over winning.

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

4/29/2016  11:07 PM
Might be OK...which Knick does he want to retire?
jrodmc
USA
5/2/2016  10:20 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

It's not Melo's fault that we don't have our 2016 draft pick, correct. It IS his fault we only have 19 million(peanuts, can't even get you a max player) in cap space, because he chose $124 million over winning.

Oh, I see, he was supposed to choose winning, when in actuality, we tanked for an entire season after he signed a max contract. So if he had not signed for 124MM, then we would have signed....who, again? And it's his fault Phil Jackson was forced to give him all that money, and a NTC, right? Because...? It's Melo's fault Dolan is an idiot! Yes! I forgot about that!

You would make a tremendous sports agent.

"You really should choose winning over money, Melo"
"Even though you're going to spend parts of two years playing with the cream of the NBDL"
"Oh and by the way, you're on the decline, so don't forget your window is closing."
"And really, you should just play for peanuts and then asked to be traded away to a real contender because you're a team cancer."
"But if you just take alot less money, Phil promises that we will sign LaMarcus Aldridge, Kyle Lowry and we will be able to trade for Kevin Love..."

ChuckBuck
USA
5/2/2016  2:48 PM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Oh, I see, he was supposed to choose winning, when in actuality, we tanked for an entire season after he signed a max contract. So if he had not signed for 124MM, then we would have signed....who, again? And it's his fault Phil Jackson was forced to give him all that money, and a NTC, right? Because...? It's Melo's fault Dolan is an idiot! Yes! I forgot about that!

"Even though you're going to spend parts of two years playing with the cream of the NBDL"
"Oh and by the way, you're on the decline, so don't forget your window is closing."
"And really, you should just play for peanuts and then asked to be traded away to a real contender because you're a team cancer."
"But if you just take alot less money, Phil promises that we will sign LaMarcus Aldridge, Kyle Lowry and we will be able to trade for Kevin Love..."

Dude, he resigned with the knowledge that the Knicks roster was going to be hot trash. No defense for that, he went with the bucks instead of teams that just made the playoffs in Chicago and Houston.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/2/2016  4:22 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Dude, he resigned with the knowledge that the Knicks roster was going to be hot trash. No defense for that, he went with the bucks instead of teams that just made the playoffs in Chicago and Houston.

Or he bought into what Phil was selling at the time before he reset and moved out Shump, Dalembert, Pablo, JR midway through the season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ChuckBuck
USA
5/2/2016  4:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Or he bought into what Phil was selling at the time before he reset and moved out Shump, Dalembert, Pablo, JR midway through the season.

?

Melo signed after the moves were made to make the Knicks even more trashier. You're excusing him for knowing going into the season that it would be a shyt show.

By choosing New York, the Brooklyn-born Anthony places his trust in Jackson and first-time coach Derek Fisher as the franchise enters a retooling period. Jackson has already traded starting center Tyson Chandler and starting point guard Raymond Felton to Dallas this summer in a deal for point guard Jose Calderon. Barring any trades, the Knicks should have significant cap flexibility next summer when forwards Amar'e Stoudemire ($23.4 million salary for 2014-15) and Andrea Bargnani ($11.5 million) come off the books.
CrushAlot
USA
5/2/2016  4:54 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

?

Melo signed after the moves were made to make the Knicks even more trashier. You're excusing him for knowing going into the season that it would be a shyt show.

By choosing New York, the Brooklyn-born Anthony places his trust in Jackson and first-time coach Derek Fisher as the franchise enters a retooling period. Jackson has already traded starting center Tyson Chandler and starting point guard Raymond Felton to Dallas this summer in a deal for point guard Jose Calderon. Barring any trades, the Knicks should have significant cap flexibility next summer when forwards Amar'e Stoudemire ($23.4 million salary for 2014-15) and Andrea Bargnani ($11.5 million) come off the books.
Phil was saying he thought that roster would make the playoffs.
ChuckBuck
USA
5/2/2016  4:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

?

Well, Phil the President resume speaks for itself also!

Melo chose $$$$ over playoff chances and Phil also chose $$$$ to an extent, since he don't know what the phuck he's doing.

CrushAlot
USA
5/2/2016  5:00 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

?

Well, Phil the President resume speaks for itself also!

Melo chose $$$$ over playoff chances and Phil also chose $$$$ to an extent, since he don't know what the phuck he's doing.

Melo also said he didn't want to move his family, his son liked his school etc., but whatever. He should have taken 42 mil less to play in chicago?
meloshouldgo

5/2/2016  7:20 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
93BUICK wrote:

Was that Basketball Reference link supposed to back Melo or David Robinson? As of right now, it's making Melo's career look like dog shyt.

Admiral's .250 WS/48 to Melo's .135 WS/48....talk about a ROFL STOMP!!!

My post wasn't about stats though like you said they really make Melo look like what he is. My post was about being an ambassador for the game of basketball and doing so much more outside the court and being a role model for unselfish team play. To conflate David Robinson with a ball hogging black hole is basketball blasphemy.

meloshouldgo

5/2/2016  7:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
93BUICK wrote:

oh how original, this coming from a guy call "fishmike". Here's an idea Mike, Go Fish, and take Melo with you.

ChuckBuck
USA
5/3/2016  8:35 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
93BUICK wrote:

oh how original, this coming from a guy call "fishmike". Here's an idea Mike, Go Fish, and take Melo with you.

fishmelo ?

Melo wants to retire a KNICK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy