[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo wants to retire a KNICK
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/28/2016  3:49 PM
Vmart wrote:Retire already. If loyalty=wins then Melo can retire as a Knicks unfortunately it doesn't Phil knows he can't get out from that dumb contract he signed Melo to fast enough.

that contract is on phil not on melo.

melo needs to continue passing the ball but he also needs to shoot a much much better pct from the floor. Still too many low pct shots and also too much dead legs. Need to get stronger legs and rest him more.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/28/2016  4:23 PM
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:Retire already. If loyalty=wins then Melo can retire as a Knicks unfortunately it doesn't Phil knows he can't get out from that dumb contract he signed Melo to fast enough.

melo needs to continue passing the ball but he also needs to shoot a much much better pct from the floor. Still too many low pct shots and also too much dead legs. Need to get stronger legs and rest him more.

Remember when Phil was a genius for getting Melo to sign for $6M less than the max?

Now it's Melo's fault he has a big contract and a no trade clause. I wonder how he got such things???

¿ △ ?
mreinman

4/28/2016  4:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Remember when Phil was a genius for getting Melo to sign for $6M less than the max?

Now it's Melo's fault he has a big contract and a no trade clause. I wonder how he got such things???

melo is now just going to be a beautiful thorn in jax's side and there is not much phil can do about it.

so much fun

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/28/2016  4:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That is why I said dumb contract. I'm not blaming Melo, I'm hoping he doesn't hold the organization hostage. The smart thing to do is chase a ring instead of rebuilding and cashing checks. He can chase a ring and cash checks somewhere else.

RonRon
Member: #246
4/28/2016  4:54 PM
at the time it was a lot of money for CA's contract
however, with the rise of the cap these next couple of years who knows what kind of contracts will be given out
with all these teams with so much to spent on players
RonRon
4/28/2016  4:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2016  5:03 PM
however if we do intend to REBUILD it wouldn't make much sense to have CA here
also who exactly are we planning to teach the triangle for which was why i was against spending so much emphasis on it with Phil Jackson's first couple months here

if we cannot contend, allow CA to persue a Ring to teams with draft picks (maybe multi team deal) where we get cap space/draft picks/young guys
Continue to acquire continued development players, as well as develop our own talent, that could be part of our future and help play and execute the style of play Phil envisions as a team
In the end, we will need TOP TIER talents IMO like the ones Phil Jackson had with his rings that he leaves out when he gives the Triangle a bit TOO MUCH CREDIT rather than the talent with his rosters

Assuming we cannot land Luke Walton
maybe convince Pau Gasol to me our future head coach and reunite him with his former team mates as development/assistant coaches
as he could be used to develop KP as KP gets stronger/better

Maybe add in some former Triangle disciples as well along with quality development coaches and let the process develop

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/28/2016  5:00 PM
RonRon wrote:at the time it was a lot of money for CA's contract
however, with the rise of the cap these next couple of years who knows what kind of contracts will be given out

The numbers still don't correlate to his salary. Even with the cap up. A good player getting superstar money not much different that the H20 contract.

RonRon
4/28/2016  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2016  5:07 PM
Vmart wrote:
RonRon wrote:at the time it was a lot of money for CA's contract

The numbers still don't correlate to his salary. Even with the cap up. A good player getting superstar money not much different that the H20 contract.

I am just saying, what will Battum, Conley, etc make this summer?
What will Kent Baezemore make?

MKG at 15m+
Tobias Harris and DeMaRRe Carroll's contracts?
Harrison Barnes contract?

the huge difference is the ENTIRE LEAGUE will have money to spend when evaluating a contract
so many players will get overpaid, one way or another, its hard to justify what a contract/player is worth in these next couple of seasons with the cap going up 20m each year

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/28/2016  5:26 PM
Vmart wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That is why I said dumb contract. I'm not blaming Melo, I'm hoping he doesn't hold the organization hostage. The smart thing to do is chase a ring instead of rebuilding and cashing checks. He can chase a ring and cash checks somewhere else.

Carmelo's contract hasn't had any effect on the Knicks ability to add talent. They had major cap space last yr, have cap space this yr, and will probably have cap space next yr. He also has 3 yrs left on his contract while having one of his better defensive and playmaking seasons.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/28/2016  5:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I must say that I have actually started liking the guy ... crazy ... I know.

I hated melo before he became a knick, but how can you hate a guy that wants to be here, is loyal and wants to win, just because he didn't to take this great big pay cut, he gets a lot of hate.

I never knock anybody over making more $

how about getting overpaid? he could have taken a whole lot less and still be wealthy beyond imagining.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

4/28/2016  5:34 PM
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I hated melo before he became a knick, but how can you hate a guy that wants to be here, is loyal and wants to win, just because he didn't to take this great big pay cut, he gets a lot of hate.

how about getting overpaid? he could have taken a whole lot less and still be wealthy beyond imagining.

he could have but he didn't. Very few guys give discounts and he was not one of them. Get over it. What he did was rational and common.

saying that rich guys should give up their money because if they do they will still be rich just shows that you are not rich and have no idea what it means to be rich. Rich people don't just give up their money.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/28/2016  5:40 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

he could have but he didn't. Very few guys give discounts and he was not one of them. Get over it. What he did was rational and common.

saying that rich guys should give up their money because if they do they will still be rich just shows that you are not rich and have no idea what it means to be rich. Rich people don't just give up their money.

What I would give to see Melo avg 5 ast for a year if this is how you post after him avg 4+ ast. #ThisEinman

mreinman

4/28/2016  5:42 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

What I would give to see Melo avg 5 ast for a year if this is how you post after him avg 4+ ast. #ThisEinman

I like that he is going to hold phil accountable. I would like him even more if he avg's 5+ assists but if he does it probably means we did not pick up a pg.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/28/2016  6:27 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

In majority of the cases of players taking less money. They did so because they were already in a winning situation and were convinced or decided to take less in order to get them over the hump. If we named the players that took less I can bet that the ones named are on teams who built up equity and credibility with them. And not many cases (if any) of a player taking less in hopes that the team will eventually be able to hopefully make something happen. Or make sacrifices in order to protect the team from its own stupidity.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/28/2016  6:58 PM
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/28/2016  7:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

and few give back as much as Melo does. He's got on the best charities in pro sports. But people call him some selfish guy who just wants his. Nobody is saying you gotta love him. Dude's got holes in his game and we aren't winning, but "retire now" is stupidity fueled by toddler level feelings
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mrcool
Member: #3975

4/28/2016  8:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2016  8:16 PM
Anthony said he doesn’t think the Knicks are “far away from taking that next step.” He said he believes they “will have one of the better frontcourts in the NBA” with him, Kristaps Porzingis and Robin Lopez.

“I don’t think it’s another frontcourt that’s better than that,” Anthony said. “You just have to put the right pieces around that.”

Anthony said it clear, this is the best talent he has had around him even with Amare and Tyson. These three have a better fit together they need right now a star shooting guard that can help them. I believe in grant and wroten, but if we can land beal or derozan and at least 3 pieces added on to the bench we are contenders.
Starters
pg Wroten sg Derozan sf Melo pf Porzingis C Lopez Bench- Courtner Lee- Paul Gasol-D Will -Grant-Kevin Martin-Nene Hilario- -Kyle Oquinn-Lance Thomas- Early.

Second option
pg Conley -sg Joe Johnson- Sf -Melo-pf Porzingis-C Lopez Bench-Chandler Parson Gasol D-Will-grant-KMartin-Oquinn-Thomas-Early - Wroten.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/28/2016  8:08 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
That was awesome. Thanks for posting it. Quotes always have a different meaning in context. Definitely worth 17 minutes to listen to. Hopefully they have that shooting contest next time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/28/2016  8:11 PM
93BUICK wrote:
nixluva wrote:I think MELO should stay. He can ride this out with KP eventually taking over. Things should improve steadily over the next few years.

No reason it can't be a smooth transition Like D Robinson/Tim Duncan --- as long as they start winning.

Transition what exactly? 17 win seasons?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/28/2016  8:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
nixluva wrote:I think MELO should stay. He can ride this out with KP eventually taking over. Things should improve steadily over the next few years.

No reason it can't be a smooth transition Like D Robinson/Tim Duncan --- as long as they start winning.

Transition what exactly? 17 win seasons?

If it started with a 20 win season like the Duncan/Robinson that would be ok?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Melo wants to retire a KNICK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy