[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj says Phil met with Blatt
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/28/2016  12:10 PM
There are concerns that Blatt will be brought in as Rambis asst. which would be beyond dumb and stupid.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/28/2016  12:30 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Maybe Melo should be the coach?

maybe this is the problem. Melo thinks that he can teach it in an hour ... maybe melo has only an hours worth of triangle knowledge himself after all this time.

All joking aside it appeared to me that MELO does in fact understand the offense. He operated as a ball handler, post option in Triangle and Pinch Post. He was a good passer as well. I think he has looked really good. I think next year will be even better as he'll be stronger than he was most of this season.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/28/2016  12:32 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:There are concerns that Blatt will be brought in as Rambis asst. which would be beyond dumb and stupid.

Why so?
Blatt may not agree for sure but if he does what is wrong about it?
He possessed skills and experience Rambis does not.
If he and Phil get along on the system he may replace Rambis after Rambis will move to front office if his coaching tryout will completely fail.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/28/2016  12:37 PM
I think it should be Blatt with Rambis as assistant. There doesn't seem to be a good case for Blatt being the assistant IMO. Blatt has the in game skill set and Rambis has been a great assistant to Phil on Title runs. Seems quite logical to me
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/28/2016  3:53 PM
arkrud wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:There are concerns that Blatt will be brought in as Rambis asst. which would be beyond dumb and stupid.

Why so?
If he and Phil get along on the system he may replace Rambis after Rambis will move to front office if his coaching tryout will completely fail.

Its silly making the better coach an ast. coach because you want your friend as HC.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/28/2016  3:55 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Why so?

Its silly making the better coach an ast. coach because you want your friend as HC.

because phil can control rambis as his lil puppet and he can't do that with the angry jew.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/28/2016  4:21 PM

If Blatt doesn't get our head coaching job or another head coaching job and Luke leaves GSW for the Lakers then Blatt will be the first guy S.Kerr calls to take Luke's spot as his top assistant which was where he was gonna go until he got the Clev job.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/28/2016  4:23 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

If Blatt doesn't get our head coaching job or another head coaching job and Luke leaves GSW for the Lakers then Blatt will be the first guy S.Kerr calls to take Luke's spot as his top assistant which was where he was gonna go until he got the Clev job.

why the hell would he take that GS assistant job over being rambis' assistant?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/28/2016  7:16 PM
I have been on the record saying that I would like to see a Rambis/Blatt pairing.
Now whether Rambis is the head coach or Blatt, I don't personally care or know which is going on.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2016  9:42 AM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

why the hell would he take that GS assistant job over being rambis' assistant?

Consider that Kerr might not be long for the job if his back does not get better. IN fact, it could be why Luke stays. Im not sure a man diverse as Kerr might not feel its time to move on, or get kick himself back into management. For that matter, maybe Sacremento calls, gives him total autonomy to run the club and 8mil a year to do it plus use of the jet.

So in my mind if Blatt would be next up in Warriorland, I think Luke stays. Lakers should take a long hard look at Blatt. For that matter, Messina who has been very successful in Europe and has been Pop's assistant is being considered.

I love the idea of Blatt being an assistant for two seasons then move up. I like the idea of Rambis moving into management in PHils last year. I like the idea of of a succession plan. I know that's a bit long range for many fans to grasp that concept.

Woj says Phil met with Blatt

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy