[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rambis lone candidate
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/24/2016  1:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2016  1:14 PM
Peter Vecsey ✔ ‎@PeterVecsey1
David Blatt isn't being considered 4 Knicks opening. Never was, I'm told. Strictly a smokescreen, as is search by Jax. Rambis lone candidate

How narrow minded is phil, I can't believe he would duped the fans and team, into making us believe he is out there searching for the best guy for the job. How do you run a triangle seminar without your new coach??

If this is true, this is another sad drama filled management smoke screen. It is so unprofessional, like everything that goes on with this franchise.

This is no different than JR taking a slight discount to make sure is crackhead playing brother is on the roster, or Dolan keeping Isiah around to run this franchise into Cap Hell.

God help me, I'm starting wish bad things on phil....smdh.

I get it though, Phil really wants to coach the team through rambis, or any puppet for the matter, the problem with that, he's not on the road, he's not on the sidelines during games when the game plan needs adjusting on the fly, he doesnt have that guy or guys, that can completely take over without one play being called.

In other words he doesn't have that players that wants to win at all cost, or even know how to win when the game is there for the absolute taking. What we have is a bunch of players that don't really get it, a coach that's scratching his head when the game is on the line..

ES
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2016  1:25 PM
100% fine with it. The one thing I hope Rambis improves on is some flexibility in judgement regarding pt for younger players
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2016  1:30 PM
For one thing we don't know what Phil is actually doing or not. These rumors are always annoying cuz there's no way to really verify anything. Phil is gonna do what he does. I doubt he's letting anyone know. This like the draft when Phil was secretly meeting with players and it only came out after the fact.

Let's say Phil does name Rambis the Head Coach. That doesn't mean the team can't win going forward. It does mean there would be continuity and synergy between the bench and the front office. For all we know that could be a good thing for this team's growth. We just can't say with certainty that a coaching change would be so much better. We've had some top coaches come in here and fail so we know for sure that it doesn't guarantee wins. Talent is the surest way to win in the NBA. Coaches for the most part are interchangeable with the exception of a few great coaches. Phil being one of those coaches that has a proven impact on his players.

knicks1248
4/24/2016  1:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:100% fine with it. The one thing I hope Rambis improves on is some flexibility in judgement regarding pt for younger players

why would he ever do that when his entire goal is to make the playoffs

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2016  1:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:100% fine with it. The one thing I hope Rambis improves on is some flexibility in judgement regarding pt for younger players

If all he has are young players then he'd have no choice. There's a good chance that Phil will not bring in another AA to play SG, Sasha and Jose can easily be pushed to the bench by better, younger players next season.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
4/24/2016  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2016  1:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

It's not guaranteed the veteran is better than the young player. You know Toronto has forced fed Scola to star and rammed Carroll into the sl changing the dynamics of their team which I think has trickled down to their guards

Look at Kaminsky yesterday.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/24/2016  1:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
David Blatt isn't being considered 4 Knicks opening. Never was, I'm told. Strictly a smokescreen, as is search by Jax. Rambis lone candidate

How narrow minded is phil, I can't believe he would duped the fans and team, into making us believe he is out there searching for the best guy for the job. How do you run a triangle seminar without your new coach??

If this is true, this is another sad drama filled management smoke screen. It is so unprofessional, like everything that goes on with this franchise.

This is no different than JR taking a slight discount to make sure is crackhead playing brother is on the roster, or Dolan keeping Isiah around to run this franchise into Cap Hell.

I get it though, Phil really wants to coach the team through rambis, or any puppet for the matter, the problem with that, he's not on the road, he's not on the sidelines during games when the game plan needs adjusting on the fly, he doesnt have that guy or guys, that can completely take over without one play being called.

In other words he doesn't have that players that wants to win at all cost, or even know how to win when the game is there for the absolute taking. What we have is a bunch of players that don't really get it, a coach that's scratching his head when the game is on the line..

Hahahaha talk about over dramatic.....SMDH.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/24/2016  2:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

You say that like having the entire goal to make the playoffs a bad thing. If and it's still an if at this point but if Rambis gets the job this probably makes Melo lean a little more towards waiving his NTC because first of all he didn't get any say in the coaching hire like he wanted and if Rambis was someone that he definitely didn't want to get the job then i'm sure he's gonna be very unhappy with that. I truly think Phil wants nothing more than for Melo to waive his NTC and wouldn't doubt if he does some things in a way that he knows Melo wouldn't want them to be done just to push him towards waiving it. Phil knows that the future of this team would be better without Melo and with the young players and draft picks he can get for Melo. Phil has said that he's alright leaving this team without winning anything significant as long as he leaves the team in a good place so as a good team that can win for years to come. I can't remember exactly how he put it but i think you guys know what i'm talking about.

knicks1248
4/24/2016  3:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2016  3:06 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You say that like having the entire goal to make the playoffs a bad thing. If and it's still an if at this point but if Rambis gets the job this probably makes Melo lean a little more towards waiving his NTC because first of all he didn't get any say in the coaching hire like he wanted and if Rambis was someone that he definitely didn't want to get the job then i'm sure he's gonna be very unhappy with that. I truly think Phil wants nothing more than for Melo to waive his NTC and wouldn't doubt if he does some things in a way that he knows Melo wouldn't want them to be done just to push him towards waiving it. Phil knows that the future of this team would be better without Melo and with the young players and draft picks he can get for Melo. Phil has said that he's alright leaving this team without winning anything significant as long as he leaves the team in a good place so as a good team that can win for years to come. I can't remember exactly how he put it but i think you guys know what i'm talking about.

This is not about melo, it's about doing your do diligence as a president of a franchise.

Rambis is not attracting any FA, understand that, did you see any big name FA's lined up outside phils door last off season. Rambis has already proven he doesn't know how to develop young talent, he proven he doesn't know how to rotate his guys, and he surely doesn't know to adjust,The only thing that he has proven is he can teach the triangle better than most.

Melo will ask to go to a contender that will net you the 28th to 30th pick, he's also not going to watch a team gut it's roster to make a trade wrk. You think he is going to ask to be traded to a lottery team, or mediocre for the matter. Trust me, there is no winning in trading melo, just degrees of loses, There is little to no value in trading melo, that came and pass when he was with denver.

You guys act like he's contract his 5 more yrs, when it's 2, let it rideout and have 30 million off the books in 2 yrs

Did portland Trade LA, knowing he wasn't committed, They lost, Lopez, AA, LA, and Batum and still made the playoffs, and have cap space.

ES
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/24/2016  3:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

the way an nba team is run is changing. there are now three teams with a coach who doubles as the president of basketball operations, ie detroit and minnesota are emulating san antonio. if rambis is the coach, his connection to jackson has to be thisclose, since jackson cannot endure the rigors of coaching.

so unless you have an issue with how jackson is running the team in the short-, medium-, and long-term, hiring rambis to coach makes sense.

or maybe you are like stephen a smith, who still believes this is melo's team and that all decisions that jackson makes should be informed by that notion. i don't think jackson sees the knicks as melo's team, even with the price tag and the no trade and his tag as the "favorite son." jackson is the boss, and he is going to try and build a winner with or without melo.

i'd like to see melo remain with the knicks, and understand that his role should diminish going forward, if ever so slightly at first. he has shown he can play great all-around ball, if he can only remain disciplined.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/24/2016  4:06 PM
Isn't RC Buford in charge of basketball operations in San Antonio? I think Pop stopped wearing two hats quite a while ago.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/24/2016  4:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Isn't RC Buford in charge of basketball operations in San Antonio? I think Pop stopped wearing two hats quite a while ago.

regardless of title, popovich is the de facto final decision maker as to who stays and who goes. he hired buford, and remains buford's boss. it all flows from him, and is a big part of the franchise's long-term success. hubie brown went on an extended expose' towards the end of the broadcast today.

since jackson cannot coach any more, you might as well hire rambis. if any player doesn't like it, they'll probably find a way to be off the team.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/24/2016  4:57 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Isn't RC Buford in charge of basketball operations in San Antonio? I think Pop stopped wearing two hats quite a while ago.

regardless of title, popovich is the de facto final decision maker as to who stays and who goes. he hired buford, and remains buford's boss. it all flows from him, and is a big part of the franchise's long-term success. hubie brown went on an extended expose' towards the end of the broadcast today.

since jackson cannot coach any more, you might as well hire rambis. if any player doesn't like it, they'll probably find a way to be off the team.

Here is a link to a great article on Buford. Seems like he might be a guy to pay more attention to as opposed to a guy like Hinkie. I didn't realize he was the guy that scoutet Manu for the Spurs. Buford did win executive of the year a few years back and their front office has been recognized as well.
“Give R.C. Buford credit,” Holt said. “Pop is a great coach, but R.C. came to us with this plan three years ago, four years ago — seriously. And we’ve worked at it ever since. He, by far, was the general. We wouldn’t be where we are, in this position, if it hadn’t have been for R.C. Buford.”

Maybe that’s why Brett Brown said something earlier this season that once seemed unattainable. Brown said he believed Buford would someday join Popovich in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/Spurs-Buford-off-to-the-side-always-looking-6709124.php
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/24/2016  6:30 PM
Narrow minded. Some of you guys are ridiculous. Rambis is a good coach the one time he had a decent team he had a winning record.
knicks1248
4/24/2016  7:41 PM
Vmart wrote:Narrow minded. Some of you guys are ridiculous. Rambis is a good coach the one time he had a decent team he had a winning record.

Yeah but took the same exact roster and win a championship.. Rambis hasn't even had a interview prior to Phil Jackson joining the knick.

Is any franchise on any level even remotely interested in Rambis,is not on any teams radar, not even in casual discussions, and if Phil was so certain of rambis he would have been name him the head coach. Why beat around the bush, pretend your talking to other coaches, or having casual conversations.

We don't have an elite roster, so rambis is a joke, because he can't take a avg roster to the next level

ES
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
4/24/2016  11:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:Narrow minded. Some of you guys are ridiculous. Rambis is a good coach the one time he had a decent team he had a winning record.

Yeah but took the same exact roster and win a championship.. Rambis hasn't even had a interview prior to Phil Jackson joining the knick.

Is any franchise on any level even remotely interested in Rambis,is not on any teams radar, not even in casual discussions, and if Phil was so certain of rambis he would have been name him the head coach. Why beat around the bush, pretend your talking to other coaches, or having casual conversations.

We don't have an elite roster, so rambis is a joke, because he can't take a avg roster to the next level

Correct, we do not have roster to win anything yet so it make no sense to spend big money on elite coach.
No elite coach will go waste his time with rebuilding roster in the beginning of the process unless to get big $$$.
The time of strapunching of players and coaches in NY is over for now so if this makes you board find some other toy.
NY will be boring for a while and for good reason.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
wargames
Member: #6053

4/24/2016  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2016  11:13 PM
I don't have a lot of experience reading vecsey but from what I have read he is not a very reliable reporter and isn't above clickbait.

I will wait until Phil decides on a HC. The fact that they haven't interviewed anyone yet makes me think it is about putting on a show as much as it is waiting for particular coaches like Walton to be free to be interviewed. If phil wanted to put on a show he would of given Thibs and Brooks, and all these other coaches a chance and then still would go with Rambis. Right now looks like he is just waiting for Walton to be free to interview.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fwk00
Member: #6048

4/24/2016  11:27 PM
There is no show going on. Phil told the media a week ago that nothing was going on or going to go on for a few weeks. Nobody knows what Phil's plan is and it doesn't matter - its Phil's call to make.

On the subject of Rambis, he's the best qualified candidate because of his rapport with Phil. That's gold. Phil doesn't need the additional headache of butting heads with a coach and Rambis is setting his ego aside. Bingo.

The MSM keeps acting as if there's a silver bullet solution to building a sustainable winning basketball team - a coach, a FA, Melo's consent, on and on.

Good lord, can the trauma queens give the perpetual cynicism a break. It has no merit and its no longer believable.

wargames
Member: #6053

4/25/2016  12:10 AM
Well if Phil is just waiting a few week's and is doing nothing doesn't that imply that he's waiting for a particular candidate to be available for the job?
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
4/25/2016  5:13 AM
wargames wrote:Well if Phil is just waiting a few week's and is doing nothing doesn't that imply that he's waiting for a particular candidate to be available for the job?

No, it doesn't. If it's Walton the warriors and Kerr are on record that they would give a team permission to interview him. For instance, the Hawks are in the playoffs, Atkinson accepted the HC job for the Nets, while he's still on the bench for Atlanta.

It's no different than applying for a new job, while working for the old one, except he had to get permission first.

Rambis lone candidate

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy