[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bazemore looked great last night
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/1/2016  3:25 AM
TPercy wrote:He is decent.
The best option imo is still to offer as much as possible to Derozan/Fournier or trade Lopez for a PG and sign a center.

Fournier is restricted, he's not available. You'd honestly max out Derozan after his horrific playoff performances?

AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

5/1/2016  9:57 AM
smackeddog wrote:
The best option imo is still to offer as much as possible to Derozan/Fournier or trade Lopez for a PG and sign a center.

Fournier is restricted, he's not available. You'd honestly max out Derozan after his horrific playoff performances?

Erm....Yes?
Beggars simply can't be choosers. The fact that the likes of Bazemore, Evan Turner, or Seth Curry are being considered for money like 9M that would bring minimal impact to our roster is ridicule. Derozan brings the high quality offense our back court is clearly lacking. Bazemore is a decent role player coming off the bench, Derozan is an allstar about to enter his prime.
The Future is Bright!
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
5/1/2016  10:42 AM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?
Beggars simply can't be choosers. The fact that the likes of Bazemore, Evan Turner, or Seth Curry are being considered for money like 9M that would bring minimal impact to our roster is ridicule. Derozan brings the high quality offense our back court is clearly lacking. Bazemore is a decent role player coming off the bench, Derozan is an allstar about to enter his prime.

Derozan on this roster wouldn't be an all-star, his production would at best be what Bazemore brings, without a lick of defense. Beggars need common sense too.
TPercy

5/1/2016  11:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2016  11:28 AM
knickscity wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

Derozan on this roster wouldn't be an all-star, his production would at best be what Bazemore brings, without a lick of defense. Beggars need common sense too.

That doesn't make any sense. How on earth would would his production depreciate on the knicks? If anything he would help make our offense much better considering the damage he does is inside the paint, and help the knicks prepare for life without Melo? Its a no brainer move really unless you consider the latter option. Ya'll want to wait and put your hopes in summer 2017, but if we carry on with this same mediocrity, who do you expect to come here? Enough is enough with this theory that role players in the guard position should improve this team. We need talent, lets get talent.

The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/1/2016  12:00 PM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

What is the point in having a max player who stinks every playoffs?

TPercy

5/1/2016  12:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2016  12:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

Whats the point of fielding the same mediocre back court to not make the playoffs?

As someone said, to be successful in the regular season of the NBA, a back court is vital, but to be successful in the playoffs that where our front court comes in. We should stop lying to ourselves that the perfect player will come around one day or that signing bench players and giving them a bigger role will fix our issues, or that Grant will magically turn into Chris Paul in one summer. Lets be realistic in our approach and talk about how we are going to actually be successful in the regular season before we start talking about the playoffs.

Grant
Derozan
Melo
KP
Lopez

Sessions/Augistine/Calderon
Afflalo
Dwill
KQ
Willy

Wroten
Sasha(vet min)
Atkins/Thanasis/LT/Labeyrie

Not perfect, but our team would be continuing to move in a fairly good direction.

The Future is Bright!
H1AND1
Member: #5648

5/1/2016  1:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

Agreed Derozan is overrated. Can't hit the 3, and his D isn't very inspired. Pass. We don't have to spend all our cash just because. I'd prefer the Knicks get Conley or wait for a more deserving FA to come along.

mreinman
Member: #3189

5/1/2016  1:34 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

Agreed Derozan is overrated. Can't hit the 3, and his D isn't very inspired. Pass. We don't have to spend all our cash just because. I'd prefer the Knicks get Conley or wait for a more deserving FA to come along.

Conley is not a stop gap signing, he is an all in move.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/1/2016  2:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

I think Conley is far more realistic than DeRozan. I think DeRozan is 90% Toronto, with a 10% chance of LA.

We'd have to overpay Conley something fierce, but he would probably add a minimum of ten wins to this team as an upgrade over Calderon on offense and defense.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

5/1/2016  2:37 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

I think Conley is far more realistic than DeRozan. I think DeRozan is 90% Toronto, with a 10% chance of LA.

We'd have to overpay Conley something fierce, but he would probably add a minimum of ten wins to this team as an upgrade over Calderon on offense and defense.

10 wins? Maybe but that is not worth paying him 25+ million. That would be a desperate and stupid move by phil

crzymdups
USA
5/1/2016  2:40 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

10 wins? Maybe but that is not worth paying him 25+ million. That would be a desperate and stupid move by phil

I'd be 100% fine with it, honestly. You add Conley to this current Knicks squad and we'd be in the second round or maybe the ECF depending on the matchup. I don't give a care - I'm ready for Blatt and Conley and some meaningful basketball. If all it costs us is cap space, I'm all in. I don't give up a draft pick for Conley, but I sure as hell take him over the likes of Brandon Jennings or Kent Bazemore with my cap space.

Give me Conley and DLee and Wroten next season and I think this team can make some noise... if Phil follows through on Blatt.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

5/1/2016  2:47 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

I'd be 100% fine with it, honestly. You add Conley to this current Knicks squad and we'd be in the second round or maybe the ECF depending on the matchup. I don't give a care - I'm ready for Blatt and Conley and some meaningful basketball. If all it costs us is cap space, I'm all in. I don't give up a draft pick for Conley, but I sure as hell take him over the likes of Brandon Jennings or Kent Bazemore with my cap space.

Give me Conley and DLee and Wroten next season and I think this team can make some noise... if Phil follows through on Blatt.

conley at a crazy price is a silly move imho.

David Lee is a zero sum players at best at this point and wroten is a negative sum player at best right now.

They need to find little used efficient gems.

TPercy

5/1/2016  2:53 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

34% this season means he can't hit the 3?
Defense is questionable, but the pro's of the necessities he would address to our team clearly outweigh the cons. Derozan is a game changer, he is a star and not to mention, would last a very long time as he is entering his prime years compared to Conley who very quickly will be in decline.
The Future is Bright!
mreinman

5/1/2016  3:02 PM
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

Defense is questionable, but the pro's of the necessities he would address to our team clearly outweigh the cons. Derozan is a game changer, he is a star and not to mention, would last a very long time as he is entering his prime years compared to Conley who very quickly will be in decline.

I would pay Derozan a lot faster than Conley but perhpaps its best to not starphuck on either. Wonder how Derozen would play without a PG. Right now he is playing with a top 10 player in the league at PG.

crzymdups
USA
5/1/2016  3:05 PM
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

I would pay Derozan a lot faster than Conley but perhpaps its best to not starphuck on either. Wonder how Derozen would play without a PG. Right now he is playing with a top 10 player in the league at PG.

I would call Lowry top 5 PG.

But DeRozan is not coming here. No why no how.

Why even bother considering this?

¿ △ ?
mreinman

5/1/2016  3:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

I have a feeling that Ujiri is not gonna pay him. Ujiri is smart ... lets watch.

Lowry is not just a top 5 pg ...

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/1/2016  4:22 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

I have a feeling that Ujiri is not gonna pay him. Ujiri is smart ... lets watch.

in the playoffs tho he is what?

What is he when it counts?

If we blast Derozan for his playoff performances then you have to take points off for Lowry too.

Honestly, if I was Ujiri and I was not resigning Derozan then I would trade Lowry to Boston or somebody. He didn't load up on pgs for nothing last summer. I like Lowry and would welcome a trade for him to keep him away from Milwaukee and them becoming one of the best defensive teams in the league. Orlando is another team that makes sense.

Also, the more and more I watch Crabbe the more and more I think his future is the brightest out of all the Sgs available. It would still take a lot to get him but it would probably still be under $20m. It takes money to get restricted players out of their situation.

mreinman

5/1/2016  4:27 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

If we blast Derozan for his playoff performances then you have to take points off for Lowry too.

Honestly, if I was Ujiri and I was not resigning Derozan then I would trade Lowry to Boston or somebody. He didn't load up on pgs for nothing last summer. I like Lowry and would welcome a trade for him to keep him away from Milwaukee and them becoming one of the best defensive teams in the league. Orlando is another team that makes sense.

Also, the more and more I watch Crabbe the more and more I think his future is the brightest out of all the Sgs available. It would still take a lot to get him but it would probably still be under $20m. It takes money to get restricted players out of their situation.

good point. Lowry has not shot well at all. Curious to see what happens tonight. Who knows ... maybe if he sucks it up tonight we can get a third shot at him.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/1/2016  4:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

good point. Lowry has not shot well at all. Curious to see what happens tonight. Who knows ... maybe if he sucks it up tonight we can get a third shot at him.

If they lose it just makes sense to trade him because he will be on the last year of his deal because he is more than likely opting out of that $12m last year. I doubt the knicks could do it anyway unless they send Lopez to a 3rd team. If they could do it without sending Lopez, Phil would have me locked into buying a 1000 "Phil is the Best" T-shirt deal and another 1000 "Does he have 11 rings" T-shirt deal.

mreinman

5/1/2016  4:46 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Erm....Yes?

If they lose it just makes sense to trade him because he will be on the last year of his deal because he is more than likely opting out of that $12m last year. I doubt the knicks could do it anyway unless they send Lopez to a 3rd team. If they could do it without sending Lopez, Phil would have me locked into buying a 1000 "Phil is the Best" T-shirt deal and another 1000 "Does he have 11 rings" T-shirt deal.

I am sure that Ujiri is ready to unload lowry for lopez. Perhaps if we throw in wroten?

Bazemore looked great last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy