[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bazemore looked great last night
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/24/2016  8:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2016  9:00 PM
Bazemore sucks.....

If you are going to count his one good game, then you have to count his 2 bad games. He's Cleananthony Early... but we already have one

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/24/2016  9:07 PM
EnySpree wrote:Bazemore sucks.....

If you are going to count his one good game, then you have to count his 2 bad games. He's Cleananthony Early... but we already have one

I think Cleanthony can become him, just a question, as always, of what our timeline is. No need to overpay - Bazemore never creates anything, he receives passes and hits open threes the offense creates. And he defends. He's Shump if Shump could hit a three.

¿ △ ?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/24/2016  9:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Bazemore sucks.....

I think Cleanthony can become him, just a question, as always, of what our timeline is. No need to overpay - Bazemore never creates anything, he receives passes and hits open threes the offense creates. And he defends. He's Shump if Shump could hit a three.

Shump is Bazemore if he defended

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/24/2016  9:51 PM
In his defense, his last game's performance was decent, but he is nothing special.

If this type of player gets a $15-20M/yr type of offer from anyone the league is f'd up.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
wargames
Member: #6053

4/24/2016  11:09 PM
I heard Crabbe had a bad Post Season as well...... Overpaying them might cost less, or honestly they might not be worth trying to overpay them.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2016  11:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2016  11:20 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:In his defense, his last game's performance was decent, but he is nothing special.

If this type of player gets a $15-20M/yr type of offer from anyone the league is f'd up.

You're right---a guy who wants to be paid 10-12mm has to show up 85-90% of the time and play good team ball. I think I read where Bazemore is hurt and playing--so thats a tough gig to call. Hes rebounded well and played good D but has not shot well in 2-4 games

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/28/2016  9:02 PM
Blaze more is a very decent team player who has a lot to his game
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
4/28/2016  9:05 PM
You think he'd leave Atlanta, Briggs? He seems pretty happy there. I honestly just feel like we are kidding ourselves again about the FA options. Guys on successful playoffs teams playing for great coaches are not gonna just jump ship.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/28/2016  9:48 PM
crzymdups wrote:You think he'd leave Atlanta, Briggs? He seems pretty happy there. I honestly just feel like we are kidding ourselves again about the FA options. Guys on successful playoffs teams playing for great coaches are not gonna just jump ship.

Crz this is exactly why I don't want Conley. I'd rather have 10 guys able to contribute than 3-4.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
4/28/2016  10:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:You think he'd leave Atlanta, Briggs? He seems pretty happy there. I honestly just feel like we are kidding ourselves again about the FA options. Guys on successful playoffs teams playing for great coaches are not gonna just jump ship.

Crz this is exactly why I don't want Conley. I'd rather have 10 guys able to contribute than 3-4.

I see that. I don't think you're wrong. I just don't see us getting much without a big overpay if Rambis is the coach. I think we'll have to look at overpaying the Evan Turners or Brandon Jennings types.

I don't think Conley comes here. He's just chirping to make sure Memphis doesn't low ball him.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/29/2016  1:09 AM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I see that. I don't think you're wrong. I just don't see us getting much without a big overpay if Rambis is the coach. I think we'll have to look at overpaying the Evan Turners or Brandon Jennings types.

I don't think Conley comes here. He's just chirping to make sure Memphis doesn't low ball him.

I still think Phil will go after RFA's this time. Put the pressure on some teams by making a big and early offer. Test to see how serious they are to keep these young players. Fournier in particular might be gettable. They already drafted Hezonja, so they might not want to overspend on Fournier.

BRIGGS
4/29/2016  3:15 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I still think Phil will go after RFA's this time. Put the pressure on some teams by making a big and early offer. Test to see how serious they are to keep these young players. Fournier in particular might be gettable. They already drafted Hezonja, so they might not want to overspend on Fournier.

Fournier is going to cost over 15mm per and Orlando will sim ply match. They have 60mm in cap space no chance.

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames
Member: #6053

4/29/2016  8:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2016  8:17 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:What do you guys think about Lance Stephenson? He might get cut by Memphis this summer. He's struggled since leaving the Pacers but he had a couple of good seasons in Indy when he had a very clear role as a starter. I've been down on him in the past but maybe a structured system is what he needs. He was good in that kind of role in Indy. Just a thought.

Been thinking about what Lance would do on the Knicks and he may be a 1-year, low'ish pay guy who pays dividends. Wild card dude no doubt

His skills seem to fit this style of ball. On a low cost prove it kind of deal I would take a chance. Dude had WS/48 of .115 and .130 his last 2 yrs in Indy. He's an enigma really. You can see the talent and it looked like he had put things all together but the last 2 yrs he's seemed like a fish out of water.

I think Phil would go after Evan Turner way before he goes after Lance. Phil's gone out of his way to get rid of knucklehead players and the core team isn't stable enough to keep a personality like Lance's focus..... Especially if he was playing back in NY

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/29/2016  8:31 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I would be surprised if Orlando matches a big offer for Fournier. They have Hezonja and Oladipo and really want to sign a big name free agent. They tried for Millsap last summer. They don't want to be a treadmill team that has a bunch of good but not great players they drafted resigned to huge contracts but no stars. That is the direction they are headed with Oladipo, Payton, Gordon, Fournier, Vucevic, and possibly Hezonja. That will be a lot of money dished out unless they consolidate a little.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/29/2016  8:34 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Blaze more is a very decent team player who has a lot to his game

Yeah i really like him a lot. I have no idea what Atlanta will do this summer. Could be big changes there even though they look pretty good. I hope Phil does his research and knows what guys are interested in coming there and makes offers quick. Guys like Bazemore are going to get big offers.

reub
Member: #6227

4/29/2016  10:37 AM
I've been impressed by Bazemore. I hope that he really considers us and that we overpay him a little. He'd be pretty much perfect.
crzymdups
USA
4/29/2016  10:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Fournier is going to cost over 15mm per and Orlando will sim ply match. They have 60mm in cap space no chance.

Yep. They proved last year they wouldn't let an asset walk when they signed Tobias Harris. They didn't really want him, but they used him as a trade chip the following deadline.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/29/2016  12:53 PM
reub wrote:I've been impressed by Bazemore. I hope that he really considers us and that we overpay him a little. He'd be pretty much perfect.

Hes a good defender hes big athletic for a 2G. In their 4 wins he averaged 18+ a game he was a very solid rebounder he passes hustles.

Again this is my mentality here. IF we go out and GET Pau Gasol for 2 years--we THEN have a three headed monster and it cuts minutes and pressure off of KP especially and we can keep each of them close to or 30 min VERY important. We would always have a really good big on the floor. Anyone else Oquinn perhaps Willy G just enhances. We dont even have to play 2 big all the time--I think with Gasol we can play 4-1 at times--so we would be very diversified.

Okay once the frontocurt is set--you start adding a Bazemore a Curry and then you do everything you can to use the 2018 pick to trade it into the draft and get Valentine in the mid range Forbes and Mccaw rd 2.

Guards

Bazemore
Curry
Grant
Wroten
Valentine
Forbes
Mccaw

Just what we need--younger legs that and we do NOT have to put so much on any one player--just like what we see from GS San Antonio and Atlanta. All of the guys are 27 and under--we have an assortment of 3 point shooters drivers defense passers who will mesh in well with our frontcourt. We need to save money so Im cutting Galloway and Calderon

That would leave us like this

C Lopez
F KP
F Carmelo
G Bazemore 4 years 50mm
G Valentine (trade with 2018 pick restricted to 5)

C Gasol 2 years 23mm
F D Williams
G Grant
G Wroten
G Curry 4 years 30mm

C WillG
F Oquinn
G McCaw (2nd rounder for 2 future seconds and 1.5mm) signed 4 years 4mm
G Forbes (2nd rounder 1.5mm)signed 4 years 4mm
F Lance Thomas

That would give us the biggest team in the NBA to start plenty of depth the ability to go 12 deep any night--something K Rambis needs to improve on once we have more players. We let MCCaw Willy G and Forbes rotate and play at Westchester We can wither leave the 15th spot open or if Lance Thomas will come back on a very reasonable contract than we can slot him.

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

4/29/2016  3:47 PM
From what I've been seeing, I'd pay Bazemore more than that if necessary. I hope that he gives us a chance to sign him. He is a very smart basketball player. Really the total package.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/30/2016  9:21 PM
He is decent.
The best option imo is still to offer as much as possible to Derozan/Fournier or trade Lopez for a PG and sign a center.
The Future is Bright!
Bazemore looked great last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy