callmened wrote:i fully expect bazemore to get north of 12mill

I'll go $15M-$18M

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/18/2016  3:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Bazemore is gonna get himself PAID if he keeps playing like that in the playoffs. Minimum 4yr $60M deal, probably more.

One problem that will be out there and it will be viscous. ALL teams will go into free agency with the exception of a few who are over the cap. This will be a rush--there will be no Philadelphia's anymore not looking to spend.

I personally am NOT worried about over paying for a player to a certain extent. The cap is 92-93 and is going up to 112-115. I think fans have to understand that contracts will be more. You may have to up the ante a little in certain circumstances. Thats how it will be.

I personally think Bazemore will be in the 12 mm range maybe 4 years 50mm unless he avg 20-23 through 2-3 playoff series than all bets are off.

Demarre Carroll got 4-years and $58M or $14.5M per year.

Bazemore is the better player and the CAP has jumped significantly again. 4 years and $15M is the very bottom of where Bazemore contract starts. I could see him going as high as $20M per for 4 or 5 years --- CRAZY!!!!!!!

Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
4/18/2016  11:01 PM
I recall Bazemore getting into a scrap with a Knick player at the Garden. He has toughness and I like that. If he hit a 3, average 16 and play tough D then 4y 60 will be merited. He probably has a NY toughness than the fans will like. So if Williams and Agflalo opt out then we spend $30 on Bazemore and Batum and there's a two way playmaking backcourt with good size.
KP/Melo/Lopez /Bazemore/Batum
Willy G/Thomas/OQuinn/grant /Wroten

That's competitive.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2016  11:04 PM
Paris907 wrote:I recall Bazemore getting into a scrap with a Knick player at the Garden. He has toughness and I like that. If he hit a 3, average 16 and play tough D then 4y 60 will be merited. He probably has a NY toughness than the fans will like. So if Williams and Agflalo opt out then we spend $30 on Bazemore and Batum and there's a two way playmaking backcourt with good size.

That's competitive.

interesting lineup. Wonder if $30M would do it. Prob have to stretch Jose too. Could Batum be the PG?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/18/2016  11:09 PM
Bazemore arrived in 2012 and has improved each year. His shooting stats are solid and improved. 36 min Ave is 15.1 and he's in his 4thyear. It's reasonable to assume that he can score 16 plus per game and play tough D. I am on board with Bazemore and think he's a keeper
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/18/2016  11:14 PM
martin wrote:
Paris907 wrote:I recall Bazemore getting into a scrap with a Knick player at the Garden. He has toughness and I like that. If he hit a 3, average 16 and play tough D then 4y 60 will be merited. He probably has a NY toughness than the fans will like. So if Williams and Agflalo opt out then we spend $30 on Bazemore and Batum and there's a two way playmaking backcourt with good size.

That's competitive.

interesting lineup. Wonder if $30M would do it. Prob have to stretch Jose too. Could Batum be the PG?

Bazemore this season mocked the idea of taking more money to play with, and this is a direct quote, "a 17 win team".

He thinks the idea of coming to the Knicks is laughable. So he's probably not a realistic target.

¿ △ ?
martin
USA
4/18/2016  11:19 PM
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:

That's competitive.

Bazemore this season mocked the idea of taking more money to play with, and this is a direct quote, "a 17 win team".

He thinks the idea of coming to the Knicks is laughable. So he's probably not a realistic target.

Yeah could be. Atlanta may also fall apart if they lose Horford and don't pick up a replacement.

crzymdups
USA
4/18/2016  11:25 PM
martin wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:

That's competitive.

Yeah could be. Atlanta may also fall apart if they lose Horford and don't pick up a replacement.

They might indeed. But there are 20 teams with $20M in cap room. Lots of teams could use a Bazemore. Some of those teams have winning cultures and a piece like Bazemore gets them better.

I just worry fans here are gonna have outsized expectations about free agency again. Last off-season people here were talking about getting Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, Danny Green. The top FA are not coming here. Not to play for Rambis. KP might help a little, but he's still only 20. I'd love to get a Conley or a Batum, but we may need to be more realistic. Phil has chosen a slow rebuild... that may not be the most enticing thing to Free Agents.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/19/2016  1:02 AM
Ending up with Bazemore wouldn't be a bad thing if we can't get a top guy. He'd be a significant upgrade over AA. my guess is Phil will leave cap flexibility for next summer rather than waste it all in vain this summer.
crzymdups
USA
4/19/2016  1:06 AM
nixluva wrote:Ending up with Bazemore wouldn't be a bad thing if we can't get a top guy. He'd be a significant upgrade over AA. my guess is Phil will leave cap flexibility for next summer rather than waste it all in vain this summer.

LOL. Way to hedge on the Knicks striking out in FA. I thought the only reason the Triangle didn't work was guard personnel?

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
4/19/2016  1:59 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:Ending up with Bazemore wouldn't be a bad thing if we can't get a top guy. He'd be a significant upgrade over AA. my guess is Phil will leave cap flexibility for next summer rather than waste it all in vain this summer.

LOL. Way to hedge on the Knicks striking out in FA. I thought the only reason the Triangle didn't work was guard personnel?

You're not making any sense. Why would I have to hedge? It's always tough to land the top FA's and even more so in a thin crop like this summer. There are only 3 Impact FA's. You still have to upgrade and look for players that still have upside. So I don't know why this is hedging. It's realistic and practical.

You also misread the point about the poor guard play being a huge part of the problem. It's not the only issue. Better talent will help as will better development of the talent we do have. It's never just one thing. In this process you have to allow for internal growth as well as additional talent. Phil is being very comprehensive in his approach to building this franchise. It's never just one thing but an all of the above approach that he's using. Draft, UDFA's, Free Agency, Trades, whatever.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/19/2016  11:18 PM
Bazemore shot 2/14 from the field and 1/5 from 3.

He did get 9 rebounds, but then again, the Celts shot 32% from the field...lots of chances for rebounds. Also had 4 assists.

One of the reasons I hate this type of thread is that it is inspired by one very good game. Not sure why there are no threads started for a guy who shoots 2/14 in a game, warning the Knicks to stay away from him.

So maybe he's only worth $10M/yr now?

Can't wait for his next good game and the responses from his supporters.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/19/2016  11:20 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Bazemore shot 2/14 from the field and 1/5 from 3.

He did get 9 rebounds, but then again, the Celts shot 32% from the field...lots of chances for rebounds. Also had 4 assists.

One of the reasons I hate this type of thread is that it is inspired by one very good game. Not sure why there are no threads started for a guy who shoots 2/14 in a game, warning the Knicks to stay away from him.

yes. judging one game is beyond stupid. Thats is how I decided that seth curry sucks.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/19/2016  11:30 PM

I think there are several guys who like bazemore months ago. I don't think you can watch the game and say bazemore had a bad game he played solid d rebounded moved the ball played hard and they won. We want good players who work hard and play team ball.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2016  9:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I think there are several guys who like bazemore months ago. I don't think you can watch the game and say bazemore had a bad game he played solid d rebounded moved the ball played hard and they won. We want good players who work hard and play team ball.

Like Jose, Langston and Lance? No.. what we want is more talent. Nobody hates Bazemore. He's fine, especially what the Hawks are paying him. $15mm is a total joke for a player of that caliber. He's not moving the needle. Better to buy a 2nd rounder and keep grooming guys and save the cap space.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/20/2016  10:22 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Like Jose, Langston and Lance? No.. what we want is more talent. Nobody hates Bazemore. He's fine, especially what the Hawks are paying him. $15mm is a total joke for a player of that caliber. He's not moving the needle. Better to buy a 2nd rounder and keep grooming guys and save the cap space.

fish mike I agree with you interms of keeping the draft coming in absolute biggest problem over the last 15 years is we treated the draft as a conduit for star phucking I'm looking at contracts as I don't want to spend more than 12 mm unless I'm getting star but we have to understand that an 8 mm contract is the mle. So it's the equivilant of a 4-5 mm contract in previous years. 10-12 mm is what Affalo got on the same percentage this year

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2016  11:11 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

fish mike I agree with you interms of keeping the draft coming in absolute biggest problem over the last 15 years is we treated the draft as a conduit for star phucking I'm looking at contracts as I don't want to spend more than 12 mm unless I'm getting star but we have to understand that an 8 mm contract is the mle. So it's the equivilant of a 4-5 mm contract in previous years. 10-12 mm is what Affalo got on the same percentage this year

$8mm still adds up and adds up fast. We just don't need to spend on complimentary role players. We need impact level talent. Like Bazemore, but he's not that caliber talent I am looking for. The Knicks are much better served working with a guy like Early than spending $8mm on Bazemore. If it doesn't work out fine... cap flexibility is very important. We have all our draft picks moving forward. That's the hedge.

If the Knicks cant sign a bigtime FA.. really it comes down to Derozan and Batum. If I cant get one of those two I am not spending big money on more guys like AA to balance the roster. I would rather focus on improving from within.

Hey.. if next year is a dud fine. We get a good draft pick. If Melo hasn't bolted than that offseason we have $60mm in cap space and you send Melo and KP to Cali to convince CP3 to play PG and Westbrook to play SG and you have a young talent roster to support Rolo/KP/Melo/Westbrook/CP3

Obviously a dream scenario but its not outlandish to hope that minor upgrades and bigger contributions from KP/Early/Grant move us to .500 and a playoff team. Not a bad place to be with $60mm in cap space for that offseason (Knicks at $50mm after next year with a $110mm projected cap, give or take)

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
4/20/2016  11:25 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

$8mm still adds up and adds up fast. We just don't need to spend on complimentary role players. We need impact level talent. Like Bazemore, but he's not that caliber talent I am looking for. The Knicks are much better served working with a guy like Early than spending $8mm on Bazemore. If it doesn't work out fine... cap flexibility is very important. We have all our draft picks moving forward. That's the hedge.

If the Knicks cant sign a bigtime FA.. really it comes down to Derozan and Batum. If I cant get one of those two I am not spending big money on more guys like AA to balance the roster. I would rather focus on improving from within.

Hey.. if next year is a dud fine. We get a good draft pick. If Melo hasn't bolted than that offseason we have $60mm in cap space and you send Melo and KP to Cali to convince CP3 to play PG and Westbrook to play SG and you have a young talent roster to support Rolo/KP/Melo/Westbrook/CP3

Obviously a dream scenario but its not outlandish to hope that minor upgrades and bigger contributions from KP/Early/Grant move us to .500 and a playoff team. Not a bad place to be with $60mm in cap space for that offseason (Knicks at $50mm after next year with a $110mm projected cap, give or take)

This could be right. Phil may have learned a lot with the AA deal. He was looking for a vet stopgap but in the end those guys can be an expensive tease. The SG spot is HUGE in this system but you can't just stick a guy like AA in there and get what you need. This system works best with GUARDS that are not pure PG or SG but instead are Combo Guards that can do a little of everything. AA did very little besides shoot the ball and that kills this offense. Not to mention you want 2 way guards and AA was horrid on D.

As for your point on internal growth, I agree. Gotta continue to develop Jerian, Gallo and see what you can get from Wroten. Low cost options that could improve enough to make a difference next year along with a maturing KP.

What do you guys think about Lance Stephenson? He might get cut by Memphis this summer. He's struggled since leaving the Pacers but he had a couple of good seasons in Indy when he had a very clear role as a starter. I've been down on him in the past but maybe a structured system is what he needs. He was good in that kind of role in Indy. Just a thought.

martin
USA
4/20/2016  12:10 PM
nixluva wrote:What do you guys think about Lance Stephenson? He might get cut by Memphis this summer. He's struggled since leaving the Pacers but he had a couple of good seasons in Indy when he had a very clear role as a starter. I've been down on him in the past but maybe a structured system is what he needs. He was good in that kind of role in Indy. Just a thought.

Been thinking about what Lance would do on the Knicks and he may be a 1-year, low'ish pay guy who pays dividends. Wild card dude no doubt

nixluva
USA
4/20/2016  12:54 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:What do you guys think about Lance Stephenson? He might get cut by Memphis this summer. He's struggled since leaving the Pacers but he had a couple of good seasons in Indy when he had a very clear role as a starter. I've been down on him in the past but maybe a structured system is what he needs. He was good in that kind of role in Indy. Just a thought.

Been thinking about what Lance would do on the Knicks and he may be a 1-year, low'ish pay guy who pays dividends. Wild card dude no doubt

His skills seem to fit this style of ball. On a low cost prove it kind of deal I would take a chance. Dude had WS/48 of .115 and .130 his last 2 yrs in Indy. He's an enigma really. You can see the talent and it looked like he had put things all together but the last 2 yrs he's seemed like a fish out of water.

Bazemore looked great last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy