[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Side topic: "Who's going to be in charge of America for the next 4 yrs?"

Author Poll
SKY
Member: #687
USA
Now that Kerry has officialy been nominated as the presidential candidate for the Democrats, let me find out where Knicks fans are in terms of this November election. Please do cast your vote as I'm truly interested in the outcome. Appreciate your help! If there is anyone whose decision was affected by Moore's film, "Farenheit 9/11", please tell me how. THANK YOU! Now to the poll question... "If the election was held tomorrow, I'm voting for:"
George Bush
John Kerry
Ralph Nader
Undecided
Don't care and not voting
View Results

Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/30/2004  2:31 PM
Wow, Kerry 89%, Bush 11%! I hope the Gallup polls look this good for Kerry!
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/30/2004  3:11 PM
New York is primarily Democrat territory so I don't really expect Bush to have an overwhelming appeal to Knick fans...although some people on this board are not from NY...
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Bonn1997
USA
7/30/2004  3:15 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

New York is primarily Democrat territory so I don't really expect Bush to have an overwhelming appeal to Knick fans...although some people on this board are not from NY...
NY is not 90 to 10, though, like this poll was when I first replied.
Bonn1997
USA
7/30/2004  3:18 PM
If there is anyone whose decision was affected by Moore's film, "Farenheit 9/11", please tell me how.

I was a Kerry supporter before seeing it and still am now, but my dad's colleague (a medical doctor) said that she and her family are Republicans who after seeing the movie will not vote for Bush. I also spoke to one Democrat though who thought the movie went too far (but is still a Kerry supporter).

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/30/2004 15:20:28]
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
7/30/2004  4:08 PM
Jessica Simpson!
RonRon
Member: #246
7/30/2004  4:08 PM
Jessica Simpson!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/30/2004  4:22 PM
I basically see Kerry as the lesser of two evils.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
7/30/2004  4:32 PM
I first started to move over to Kerry as soon as all the FCC regulations came down. I live down in Miami and I'm a huge Howard Stern fan and they took him off down here, it seemed that the goveremnt was moving backwards then foward. Plus after seeing Farenheigt 911 really just wasnted me to see Bush out of office as soon as possible.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SKY
USA
7/30/2004  8:27 PM
Bush was dumb-founded when he learned that America was under attack on 9/11. He went on to read "My Pet Goat" for 7 minutes after the second plane crashed into WTC... He is the President of the most powerful nation in the world! and yet he sat there not knowing what to do, indicisive, lost, waiting for someone to tell him what to do.

I truly believe that Kerry would have reacted differently - like the soldier & commander who once lived and fought through hell.

Bush = The worst President in the American history
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/30/2004  9:26 PM
"I truly believe that Kerry would have reacted differently - like the soldier & commander who once lived and fought through hell." I thought I remember reading that when Kerry got back from Vietnam he burned his medals and was ashamed he went and fought. Other than that, your post sounded eerily similar to something Mike Moore has said/wrote.

I don't really like either candidate. Bush doesn't really seem to be all there and has made a bunch of mistakes, and Kerry's views seem to change just as much as the weather forecast.

I'll just move to Canada.
#Knickstaps
SKY
USA
7/31/2004  12:24 AM
Look, I think you don't get it.

I'm questioning George Bush's character and his quality as the commander in chief, who influences the lives of millions in USA and around the world, including YOU. He's like this bus driver I saw once who got lost while driving from NYC to Buffalo but pretended that he knew what he was doing - only it took us 14 hrs to get to Buffalo (as opposed to 8hrs) totally screwing us up.

If you wanna talk about what Kerry did after returning from Vietnam, fine. I think he, like any American, has the right to question the government and voice his opinion. He can burn his medals, and he has the right to be ashamed of the fact that he killed other human beings and that so many Americans lost their lives for ---??? WHAT? WHY?

I'm not a soldier nor was I ever in a war-zone. So I can only imagine what it's like to be in one. I do know and spoke to people who actually fought in WWII, Vietnam, Papua New Gunea, and Iraq. My ex-boss Steve Hayashi, a Japanese-American, actaully survived 2 campaigns in Vietnam. At one time, his entire battallion except 3 guys was wiped out by the Vietcons. He became a succesful business man after a while, but he never talked about Vietnam except when he was pissed drunk. And you could tell that the experience still affected him a lot. Of all people, these guys like Steve Hayashi and John Kerry and the man and women serving in Iraq have the right to burn thier medals and criticise the government.

On the otherhand: Is George Bush, who hid behind his powerful daddy and avoided military service, qualified to send America's men and women to a war-zone?

And, no, I have not seen Fahrenheit 9/11 yet. I live in Japan now and it is not yet released. But I do know what's going on in the world.

"I'll just move to Canada."?????

BigSm00th, you're nothing but a WHINER if you don't vote but only complain. If you enjoy your freedom, it's your civil duty to vote. Or are you a high-school boy? Otherwise, you have no right to comment of the subject. Wow, you're like George Bush who avoided his duty but...
BigSm00th
USA
7/31/2004  1:42 AM
I was obviously just joking, calm down. I don't like any of the candidates, I'm sorry if you see it otherwise.

I don't want to talk politics, I'm not going to argue. You win.

I just find it mindboggling that with all the people and education and money in the greatest and most powerful country in the world, these two are the best we could do??? Seriously, they couldn't churn out two better guys? I loved the guy Barat from Illinois, he seemed like he was all there. I like Edwards. Heck, I'd vote for Bill Bradley. It just seems like every day I wake up and Bush has made another malaprop and screwed something up, and Kerry's changed his view on something again.

Can't we do any better than these two?

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 07/31/2004 01:44:01]
#Knickstaps
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/12/2004  2:48 AM
I agree with Bigsmooth. I don't really like either of the candidates. I don't trust either of them, and with them being 2 poor candidates, I think this is a very dangerous time in America. But like Matt said, I view Kerry as the lesser of 2 evils. At least he has regard for human life.

I didn't see F-9/11, but anyone who is basing their voting decision on that movie needs to get their heads checked. Wasn't it made by someone extremely liberal? In that case, of course he's gonna try to make Bush look really bad, when in fact, Kerry can be just as bad. But I like Kerry over Bush, b/c he seems to have regard for life, and other small things, that should be important, like the environment, and even the economy. The only reason the economy may be doing better now, is b/c of the war, which is sad when you come to think of it.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/12/2004  2:55 AM
DO you trust your political leaders in the US ?

In France, I stopped voting about 5 yrs ago. So many mistakes and scandals have been done.

No trust anymore. Is that the case in the US too ?
BigSm00th
USA
8/12/2004  3:25 AM
This probably sums up my views on this entire disaster:

"At least he has regard for human life." Yet here's a candidate who supports abortion.

Bush is all pro-life, but is pro-death penalty.

It just doesn't make any sense, where have all the leaders gone?
#Knickstaps
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/12/2004  4:02 AM
Abortion and death penalty. 2 extremely controversial subjects, and I've come up with a decision that I wont take a side with either of them, just like politics in general (I am a registered independent.) I choose not to make those kinds of judgements and play God.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/12/2004  9:34 AM
nobody support abortion. They support the woman's right to choose. There is a difference.

Bush terrifies me plain and simple. The UN is set up for reason, yet Bush invades Iraq with no due process. Incidentally we never did find any WOMD or bio threats.

Bush has done everything he can to make sure corporations can make more $$$, including making it easier to outsource MY JOB (I work in IT) to India or wherever people consider $40 a week a great deal.

This and he has no regard for the environment.

Essentially I cant think of one moment or thing he has done in 4 years that makes me think this guy should stay in office.

Here's a little song I found on the race...
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/this_land_af
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/12/2004  9:38 AM
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land_af&preplay=1

this one goes right to the movie... its a classic
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/12/2004  9:51 AM
Posted by fishmike:

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land_af&preplay=1

this one goes right to the movie... its a classic

this IS a classic.

Plain and simple for me - Bush is just plain DUMB. From there you get horrible policy, bad planning, and eventually a worse off America.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
USA
8/12/2004  10:00 AM
All the people on CNN for some reason were talking about what they got on their SATs this morning. I kept wondering what Bush would get if he took the test right now. 900 maybe?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/12/2004 10:00:47]
Side topic: "Who's going to be in charge of America for the next 4 yrs?"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy