[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

6/2/2016  9:30 AM
callmened wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
callmened wrote:lets go for 40 pages for wroten. I still cant believe this. lol

I'm still trying to understand why it matters how many pages we talk about any player on the Knicks?? I'm sure this Wroten thread started a long time ago when his name was first brought up as someone the knicks were thinking about signing.

im so joking. its not a big deal at all. its just funny that the immortal tony wroten gets 30 pages on a knicks forum site. I don't know what makes him so popular. lol

Well lets all just hope he ends up giving us good reason for him getting 32 pages which should be around 45 at that time.

AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

6/2/2016  9:34 AM
nixluva wrote:
joec32033 wrote:Would it be better if i reworded "if healthy" to "if fully rehabbed"?

There's nothing structurally wrong with the leg. It wasn't strong as it should be. That just means more rahab to build it up.

Did you see the X-rays and MRIs? do you know this for a FACT? lol. I certainly don't. if you notice, I'm not declaring any facts because I wasn't there examining, evaluating and rehabbing him (maybe because as a physician, im used to getting sued so I don't go claiming things when I wasn't there. lol). all we know is from the video's HIS MARKETING people put out, his TWEETS etc etc. with that said, I HOPE hes back to normal. I HOPE he hasn't lost his athleticism. hes still young - usually folks < 24 yrs old have a better chance at recovering. So it wouldnt' surprise me if he's fully recovered.

All I'm saying is I'm not sure - I hope he's fine but any athlete that requires legs for jumping, running, cutting etc that has had TWO ACL surgeries is a cause for concern. I think that's a fair legit concern

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
newyorker4ever

6/2/2016  9:34 AM
nixluva wrote:
callmened wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
callmened wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I'm still trying to understand why it matters how many pages we talk about any player on the Knicks?? I'm sure this Wroten thread started a long time ago when his name was first brought up as someone the knicks were thinking about signing.

im so joking. its not a big deal at all. its just funny that the immortal tony wroten gets 30 pages on a knicks forum site. I don't know what makes him so popular. lol

I am very bigh on Wroten. If healthy I think he can be a VERY good player for us, in a Wade/Bledsoe/Westbrook style of game.

I agree. i'll just wait to see if he's healthy

What do you mean WAIT to see if he's healthy? He's been rehabbing for a very long time now. His only issue was that the leg hadn't been properly built up at the start of the season. He was playing actual games in the NBA this season but when the Knicks docs looked at his legs they noticed his ACL leg was underdeveloped. So the smart thing to do was to rehab and get it up to proper strength. There was no setback with regard to the Knee itself. He just needed more time to get his full conditioning level back. It took Melo a while to get his full strength back too. Doesn't mean Melo's leg wasn't healthy.

Didn't it say in one of the articles that the surgery he got on the knee the first time which i think was when he was in high school wasn't done properly?? If so then that's actually good news for us because he didn't actually hurt a knee that was 100% healthy because it most likely never healed properly. I mean of course it's never good news that the guy had surgery twice on the same knee but it could mean that it's not some chronic knee problem that he's gonna keep having for his entire career as long as it was done correctly this time.

newyorker4ever

6/2/2016  9:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
callmened wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
callmened wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I am very bigh on Wroten. If healthy I think he can be a VERY good player for us, in a Wade/Bledsoe/Westbrook style of game.

I agree. i'll just wait to see if he's healthy

Ned, I know you, Caseloads and at least one other poster here are doctors. Do you have a medical opinion on his recovery? Also, any insight into the impact of a poorly done initial surgery from when he was in high school needing to be redone. I know some players say it takes a year of being back on the court before they feel like themselves. I am hoping his long rehab shortens that.

Well this kind of answers some questions i just asked in my last post.

newyorker4ever

6/2/2016  9:44 AM
callmened wrote:
nixluva wrote:
joec32033 wrote:Would it be better if i reworded "if healthy" to "if fully rehabbed"?

There's nothing structurally wrong with the leg. It wasn't strong as it should be. That just means more rahab to build it up.

Did you see the X-rays and MRIs? do you know this for a FACT? lol. I certainly don't. if you notice, I'm not declaring any facts because I wasn't there examining, evaluating and rehabbing him (maybe because as a physician, im used to getting sued so I don't go claiming things when I wasn't there. lol). all we know is from the video's HIS MARKETING people put out, his TWEETS etc etc. with that said, I HOPE hes back to normal. I HOPE he hasn't lost his athleticism. hes still young - usually folks < 24 yrs old have a better chance at recovering. So it wouldnt' surprise me if he's fully recovered.

All I'm saying is I'm not sure - I hope he's fine but any athlete that requires legs for jumping, running, cutting etc that has had TWO ACL surgeries is a cause for concern. I think that's a fair legit concern

Well at least he's not out there saying he's 100% or his people aren't saying he's 100% because he's trying to get someone to sign him cause he already has a job so not as much of a reason to BS people as he would have if he was trying to get signed.

Can't we all just hope the kid is 100% and hope the kid still has his athleticism and hope he ends up being a good player for us?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/2/2016  9:51 AM
callmened wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I have no idea why you think it's not knowable what actually happened to the kids knee. His 1st ACL was back in 2009 and he was walking around well enough that some where surprised he actually tore his ACL. If he did severe damage there's no way he could do that. This 2nd ACL was not a complete tear. They also said he did not do significant damage to the rest of the Knee. He was cleared to play THIS SEASON! 2 days before he was waived he played 29 minutes. No reports of knee injury and Wroten was eager to sign with another team. The Sixers tried to trade him.

None of this means his knee won't give him problems. The failure rate for 2nd ACL's was reported to be 14%. There are multiple players in the NBA playing on repaired ACL's. I'm only dealing with reported facts and not just conjecture or rumors. I suspect in time he will need another procedure on his knee. As everyone I hope and pray he remains healthy.

callmened

6/2/2016  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/2/2016  10:17 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
callmened wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Can't we all just hope the kid is 100% and hope the kid still has his athleticism and hope he ends up being a good player for us?

this is pretty much the only thing I agree with. "Can't we all just hope the kid is 100% and hope the kid still has his athleticism and hope he ends up being a good player for us?"

"I have no idea why you think it's not knowable what actually happened to the kids knee." --> its not knowable because I wasn't there - I didn't see the film, I didn't see the x-rays, I didn't do the surgery. Not every human being is made the same. to me this is all "hearsay" because as fans were not privy to ALL the information. I cant claim to know details when I wasn't there. you can if you feel comfortable doing that - but I wont. that's just me (again, ive been sued before so ive been trained on not stating things i haven't witnessed personally)

with that said, i also acknowledge that it looks like he should be ok - with his youth, time off, rehab, etc etc. only time will tell. until then i hope for the best

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/2/2016  12:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:40 pages on Tony freakin' Wroten...lol

this maybe a record

especially for a 33 page thread.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/4/2016  10:26 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
6/16/2016  7:00 PM
New York Knicks: Tony Wroten Can Make a Difference
by Rob Silverbush 4 hours ago

The New York Knicks will be looking for a healthy Tony Wroten to leave defenders in the dust next season.

The New York Knicks have needed an overhaul at the point guard position for quite some time now. With an aging backcourt last season, the team ranked last in the league in steals, and scored a paltry 8.4 fast break points per game.

It becomes much harder to win games when you’re not getting those easy buckets created by turnovers and getting out in transition.

In March, the Knicks inked Tony Wroten, who figures to help in that department if he can make it back from a partially torn ACL. Wroten suffered the injury in a game against the Atlanta Hawks back in January of 2015, and it was the second time he sustained an injury to that knee.

Jeff Hornacek has made it clear that he wants to push the pace next season, and a healthy Wroten is just the kind of downhill guard who can thrive in that type of system.

The Knicks have no shortage of shot-blockers. Having that last line of defense should open the door for Wroten to gamble in the passing lanes, leading to steals and fast break opportunities.

Few players in the league possess Wroten’s raw talent when it comes to attacking the basket and finishing at the rim. His court vision is excellent, although he has a tendency to turn the ball over too much.

For him to succeed long-term, he’ll have to develop some consistency with his pull up jumper and his outside shot.

At 23 years old, Wroten is still a young player with the capacity to improve. In Jeff Hornacek, he has a coach who’s renowned for his success as a teacher of shooting the basketball.

It will continue to be an uphill climb for Tony Wroten, but at the end of the day, he’s the kind of talent any coach would love to get their hands on. Ultimately, he could be a steal for the orange and blue.

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/06/16/new-york-knicks-tony-wroten-can-make-difference/

I can't wait to see not only Wroten but all of our young athletic players under Hornacek. The change in style will really help all of them to play a LOT better. People are worried about RoLo not being able to run as if that's the most important aspect of running for this team. As long as we get the rebound and blocked shots, the rest of the players will be able to get out and run. We don't need RoLo to be the 1st one down the floor every time.

We already have some very athletic players on this team and the D League. Can't wait to see these guys in Summer League to get a feel for how this team will look.

callmened

6/16/2016  9:51 PM
33 pages and counting...
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/16/2016  10:09 PM
callmened wrote:33 pages and counting...

will this officially replace the alba thread?

TPercy
Member: #5748

6/16/2016  10:55 PM
Finishing at the rim? He sucks at that.
The Future is Bright!
callmened

6/16/2016  11:14 PM
dacash wrote:
callmened wrote:33 pages and counting...

will this officially replace the alba thread?

BLASPHEMY! DONT YOU DARE COMPARE THIS TO THE ALBA THREAD...lol

nixluva
USA
6/17/2016  1:34 AM
TPercy wrote:Finishing at the rim? He sucks at that.

Yes but JH will try to help him be more of a passer on penetration. This will be key to making him more effective. He's never had targets like he will on the Knicks. He can get to the paint virtual at will and with KP, Melo, RoLo as targets it should make things much easier for Wroten.

Besides Tony is not as bad as people think Scoring at the rim. There are reasons his finishing is not better and his problems are very fixable. Can't wait to see what JH does with him and Grant.

callmened

6/22/2016  4:17 PM
Nooooooo noooooooo noooooooooooooooooo
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
6/22/2016  4:18 PM
Bump.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2016  4:19 PM
Wroten, we hardly knew ya.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/22/2016  4:47 PM
All I have to say is HAHAHA. What a waste of time.
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

6/22/2016  4:49 PM
This long ass tread was a complete f'ing waste of time!!!!!!

Tony Freakin' Wroten...SMH LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy