[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

5/27/2016  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/27/2016  8:10 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:I don't recall a lot of excitement over AA. Most considered it a decent move given the circumstances. The Knicks needed a starting SG. He wasn't viewed as the long term solution from what I remember. Just a quality FA to fill a need. When he played well the Knicks had a chance to win games.

In any event. Wroten is a low cost prospect. I expect Phil will bring in more guards n wings to try and upgrade the talent. Collecting young talent that fits our needs and can be developed is a good thing. Especially now with JH coming on board.

we need to try out ten tony wrotens and hopefully we find a gem with one

I suspect Phil intends on taking a look at a number of guards. I expect one in the draft and bringing in some UDFA's. This is what he's been doing so far.

I wished that they brought in a bunch of guards last season once we realized that we were going nowhere. Extended minutes for jose, sasha, aa and gallo was a waste.

Wroten was a decent risk. Low cost, age and past play. No problems with it. Agree with the over hype of Grant. Just don't see getting over excited about unproven players. But again, Wroten seems like a well priced roll of the dice.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/27/2016  10:23 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:I don't recall a lot of excitement over AA. Most considered it a decent move given the circumstances. The Knicks needed a starting SG. He wasn't viewed as the long term solution from what I remember. Just a quality FA to fill a need. When he played well the Knicks had a chance to win games.

In any event. Wroten is a low cost prospect. I expect Phil will bring in more guards n wings to try and upgrade the talent. Collecting young talent that fits our needs and can be developed is a good thing. Especially now with JH coming on board.

I suspect Phil intends on taking a look at a number of guards. I expect one in the draft and bringing in some UDFA's. This is what he's been doing so far.

I wished that they brought in a bunch of guards last season once we realized that we were going nowhere. Extended minutes for jose, sasha, aa and gallo was a waste.

Wroten was a decent risk. Low cost, age and past play. No problems with it. Agree with the over hype of Grant. Just don't see getting over excited about unproven players. But again, Wroten seems like a well priced roll of the dice.

well stated

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
5/27/2016  10:37 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

How is saying that Grant could develop into a player like Mike Conley over hype? No one suggested CP3 or anything. People were just trying to say what they thought he could become. There was no over hype.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/27/2016  11:29 AM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

How is saying that Grant could develop into a player like Mike Conley over hype? No one suggested CP3 or anything. People were just trying to say what they thought he could become. There was no over hype.

There is nothing wrong with saying he could become Conley but at age 23 Conley was already an above average player. Saying he could develop into any NBA pg is possible.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/27/2016  1:13 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

There is nothing wrong with saying he could become Conley but at age 23 Conley was already an above average player. Saying he could develop into any NBA pg is possible.

Most of the time when people compare a young player to a current NBA player they almost NEVER mean that the kid is going to be EXACTLY like that NBA player. It's a reference point and for some reason that never seems to be understood by some. When someone is trying to say a young player is going to be EXACTLY like an NBA player they say "he's going to be the NEXT" so and so. No one said Jerian was going to be the next Mike Conley. They said his game could develop into a similar type of player. TYPE!
nychamp
Member: #2556

5/27/2016  3:27 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree that saying he could develop into a player like Conley is not over hype, contingent on the word "could". However the posters that are saying he will/should be starter at the beginning of next season are getting ahead of themselves, IMO.

93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
5/27/2016  9:32 PM
I like the patience-
I like the health-
I like the 16 and 5
I like the wanting to be a Knick
I like the measured confidence with a quiet personal long term plan getting here and rehabbing
I really like the jump shot work with the vets- and the vibe that he's 100% on board with the whole team and staff
What does it take to improve the jumpshot? J Kidd and others did but if it's possible why does it take so long for some people? Is it just not confronting weakness?
If TW is dealing with that right now as a young player with 2 shooting masters, and actually is popping outside shots as well as driving to the basket right away---- this thread might reach 300
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/28/2016  1:51 AM
WHOA.....................
dacash

5/28/2016  1:51 AM
29 PAGES
dacash

5/28/2016  1:52 AM
ON TONY WROTEN
dacash

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dacash

BUT
dacash

5/28/2016  1:53 AM
HE
dacash

HASNT
dacash

PLAYED
dacash

A
dacash

5/28/2016  1:54 AM
SINGLE
dacash

GAME
dacash

YET
dacash

CAN WE
We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy