[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/26/2016  7:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:This is good to hear.

Yeah I saw this tweet. I didn't post it cuz you know how some people would jump on me for being too pro Wroten. LOL

we are all pro wroten ... just some of us are not allowing ourselves to get to amped up and excited about him.

1st of all we are NOT ALL pro Wroten. Perhaps you feel that way but i've read posts from those that don't like Wroten so...

As for me being amped up and excited, well yeah I am. I have been pretty darned open about that. So what's it to you? You're one of the guys that tends to make a big deal about any of us being excited about Wroten's potential. You choose not to have any expectations and others are very hopeful that he can help this team next season and hopefully beyond.

knicks fans always had this issue because we want so badly for things to work out and we need something to pin hopes on.

Sean Williams
Jonathan Bender
Jimmer
Tony Douglass
Landry Fields (he was actually compared to bernard king)
N'Dour
that tall PG we picked up a couple of years ago - good defender could not shoot a lick
Tony Wroten
etc ...

Of course there are the john starks success stories but for every john starks there are 1000 Sean Williams'

I can't remember anything but complaints that Bender had a roster spot. Also, Fields was compared a lot to another great but I don't think it was King.

just did a quick search .... see for yourself. http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=33285&page=4

Do you see the wackos in that thread? Orangeblobman for christsakes

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
5/26/2016  7:38 PM
I just don't get the problem with some of us liking the kids talent and fit for this team. He's not perfect but he's talented and young and we are in need of guards that can push the ball and get into the paint. Wroten can do that in spades. He's got flaws but then how else would he be available for so cheap?

The idea is to try and coach him up and get as much out of him as you can. If JH can get Grant, Wroten and Gallo back to playing uptempo and aggressive along with our other young players that will benefit this team greatly. So that's something to look forward to.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/26/2016  8:28 PM
EnySpree wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Yeah I saw this tweet. I didn't post it cuz you know how some people would jump on me for being too pro Wroten. LOL

we are all pro wroten ... just some of us are not allowing ourselves to get to amped up and excited about him.

1st of all we are NOT ALL pro Wroten. Perhaps you feel that way but i've read posts from those that don't like Wroten so...

As for me being amped up and excited, well yeah I am. I have been pretty darned open about that. So what's it to you? You're one of the guys that tends to make a big deal about any of us being excited about Wroten's potential. You choose not to have any expectations and others are very hopeful that he can help this team next season and hopefully beyond.

knicks fans always had this issue because we want so badly for things to work out and we need something to pin hopes on.

Sean Williams
Jonathan Bender
Jimmer
Tony Douglass
N'Dour
that tall PG we picked up a couple of years ago - good defender could not shoot a lick
Tony Wroten
etc ...

Of course there are the john starks success stories but for every john starks there are 1000 Sean Williams'

I can't remember anything but complaints that Bender had a roster spot. Also, Fields was compared a lot to another great but I don't think it was King.

just did a quick search .... see for yourself. http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=33285&page=4

There weren't many positive comments in there. Maybe open minded but already people were speculating about how he was going to impact developing Jordan Hill. A bad time for the Knicks franchise and I know I was just psyched that Isiah wasn't running things anymore.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
5/26/2016  8:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Sean Williams
Jonathan Bender
Jimmer
Tony Douglass
N'Dour
Tony Wroten
etc ...

There weren't many positive comments in there. Maybe open minded but already people were speculating about how he was going to impact developing Jordan Hill. A bad time for the Knicks franchise and I know I was just psyched that Isiah wasn't running things anymore.

I actually HATE when people go back in time so far like this and try to compare. That situation really has no comparison to what is going on now. I prefer to just stick with the current situation, which is very positive right now.

We are looking at a new coach and possibly a new style of play. At any rate it's a new voice and JH brings different skills to the table.

We have the makings of a young team for the future built around our own #4 overall pick. Going forward this team has all of it's 1st rd picks and we have cap space to go after Free Agents.

Wroten is just a young prospect that costs us next to nothing. He's fired up about being here and working hard from everything we've been hearing. Hope he has a great summer league, training camp and makes the team.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/26/2016  9:26 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You don't get amped up or excited about anything Knicks so it's easy for you.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/26/2016  9:33 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

of course I do! I was as amped up as anyone about KP and if you check the game threads you can see who actually was there every game and amped up.

But not getting amped up about 28 page Tony Wroten makes me a bad fan, right?

I also did not get gaga excited and create insane expectation for grant while people were saying that the expectations was a mike conley.

I like lopez and I liked #thisMelo (until he reverted to that melo under rambis)

I am stoked about the coach ...

So am I less of a fan or just a more rationale one?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
newyorker4ever

5/26/2016  9:40 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Sean Williams
Jonathan Bender
Jimmer
Tony Douglass
N'Dour
Tony Wroten
etc ...

Answer this for me. Do you see this team heading in the right direction?? It might not be as fast as some or you want it to be but Phil's getting it done and he's doing it the right way.

mreinman

5/26/2016  9:47 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Sean Williams
Jonathan Bender
Jimmer
Tony Douglass
N'Dour
Tony Wroten
etc ...

Answer this for me. Do you see this team heading in the right direction?? It might not be as fast as some or you want it to be but Phil's getting it done and he's doing it the right way.

too early to tell. JH was a move in the right direction. Last off season was mostly eh with one bright spot in Rolo ... this offseason will be telling.

Having a starting backcourt next season of Grant and Wroten would be more of a tank team than one looking to be a good one. I am ok with a full tank if that is the plan. I have no interest in a half tank.

I am sure that they will try to upgrade to a much better backcourt, lets see how phil does. He can't afford to miss this offseason.

nixluva
USA
5/26/2016  9:51 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

of course I do! I was as amped up as anyone about KP and if you check the game threads you can see who actually was there every game and amped up.

I also did not get gaga excited and create insane expectation for grant while people were saying that the expectations was a mike conley

I like lopez and I liked #thisMelo (until he reverted to that melo under rambis)

Stop with the BS! No one was saying Grant was going to immediately be Conley. That was more of a comparison for what kind of player Grant could eventually become. Sure we expected more from Grant and he started off with confidence but despite the poor season, he still has the same talent level most of us saw in him. He's still got the chance to be a good player IMO.

newyorker4ever

5/26/2016  9:52 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I also did not get gaga excited and create insane expectation for grant while people were saying that the expectations was a mike conley.

You're just a very negative fan cause all you do is complain about everything and everyone on these threads and you even hate on fans that are excited about a player or anything else Knicks. It's like you don't like anyone being happy about anything with the Knicks that you're not happy about. Very negative but i can't say you're not a Knicks fan, just a different kind is all.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/26/2016  9:53 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You post some crazy fiction for a rational fan.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever

5/26/2016  9:56 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Sean Williams
Jonathan Bender
Jimmer
Tony Douglass
N'Dour
Tony Wroten
etc ...

too early to tell. JH was a move in the right direction. Last off season was mostly eh with one bright spot in Rolo ... this offseason will be telling.

Having a starting backcourt next season of Grant and Wroten would be more of a tank team than one looking to be a good one. I am ok with a full tank if that is the plan. I have no interest in a half tank.

I am sure that they will try to upgrade to a much better backcourt, lets see how phil does. He can't afford to miss this offseason.

So you don't think KP, Rolo, Grant, Wroten, W.Hermangomez, Hornacek and all of our 1st round picks after this year is heading in the right direction?? Seems like some pretty good young talent and a good young coach to build around for the future and Phil got all that in one off season. But that's just me.

mreinman

5/26/2016  9:56 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You're just a very negative fan cause all you do is complain about everything and everyone on these threads and you even hate on fans that are excited about a player or anything else Knicks. It's like you don't like anyone being happy about anything with the Knicks that you're not happy about. Very negative but i can't say you're not a Knicks fan, just a different kind is all.

so you just are negative about anything that someone says even if its reality and rational.

again, if you read what I wrote and checked the game threads you will see that I get excited about reality when real things actually happen.

You had the same silly comments for me when we signed Afflalo. It happens to be that the things that I don't like mostly turn out as I worried it would. I liked the Rolo signing and hated the Afflalo signing.

You can go jump on someone who does not get excited about Tony Wroten or about AA coming to the knicks ... go ahead ...

newyorker4ever

5/26/2016  10:01 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

so you just are negative about anything that someone says even if its reality and rational.

again, if you read what I wrote and checked the game threads you will see that I get excited about reality when real things actually happen.

You had the same silly comments for me when we signed Afflalo. It happens to be that the things that I don't like mostly turn out as I worried it would. I liked the Rolo signing and hated the Afflalo signing.

You can go jump on someone who does not get excited about Tony Wroten or about AA coming to the knicks ... go ahead ...

I get it man and i'm not gonna waste any more of my time trying to get you to be a little more positive. I just don't think you should hate on anyone that gets excited about anything with the Knicks just because you're not excited about it is all.

mreinman

5/26/2016  10:02 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Sean Williams
Jonathan Bender
Jimmer
Tony Douglass
N'Dour
Tony Wroten
etc ...

So you don't think KP, Rolo, Grant, Wroten, W.Hermangomez, Hornacek and all of our 1st round picks after this year is heading in the right direction?? Seems like some pretty good young talent and a good young coach to build around for the future and Phil got all that in one off season. But that's just me.

KP, Rolo, Hornacek

all the first round picks that we did not give away? I guess that is a half full statement ... oh besides this year lol

Grant, Wroten, Hermz, Koq, Serph, AA, Gallo, Jose ... none of those guys really excite me, sorry. Perhaps Grant has potential but he needs to learn to shoot and we keep taking this for grant(ed) with every non shooter that we get. There is a reason why MCW still can't shoot. So as far as grant, I am a bit on the fence.

Anyway, I will run now before all the Wrotenites gang up and Crush me ...

nixluva
USA
5/26/2016  10:07 PM
I don't recall a lot of excitement over AA. Most considered it a decent move given the circumstances. The Knicks needed a starting SG. He wasn't viewed as the long term solution from what I remember. Just a quality FA to fill a need. When he played well the Knicks had a chance to win games.

In any event. Wroten is a low cost prospect. I expect Phil will bring in more guards n wings to try and upgrade the talent. Collecting young talent that fits our needs and can be developed is a good thing. Especially now with JH coming on board.

mreinman

5/26/2016  10:17 PM
nixluva wrote:I don't recall a lot of excitement over AA. Most considered it a decent move given the circumstances. The Knicks needed a starting SG. He wasn't viewed as the long term solution from what I remember. Just a quality FA to fill a need. When he played well the Knicks had a chance to win games.

In any event. Wroten is a low cost prospect. I expect Phil will bring in more guards n wings to try and upgrade the talent. Collecting young talent that fits our needs and can be developed is a good thing. Especially now with JH coming on board.

we need to try out ten tony wrotens and hopefully we find a gem with one

nixluva
USA
5/26/2016  10:19 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:I don't recall a lot of excitement over AA. Most considered it a decent move given the circumstances. The Knicks needed a starting SG. He wasn't viewed as the long term solution from what I remember. Just a quality FA to fill a need. When he played well the Knicks had a chance to win games.

I suspect Phil intends on taking a look at a number of guards. I expect one in the draft and bringing in some UDFA's. This is what he's been doing so far.

mreinman

5/26/2016  10:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I suspect Phil intends on taking a look at a number of guards. I expect one in the draft and bringing in some UDFA's. This is what he's been doing so far.

I wished that they brought in a bunch of guards last season once we realized that we were going nowhere. Extended minutes for jose, sasha, aa and gallo was a waste.

nixluva
USA
5/26/2016  10:30 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I wished that they brought in a bunch of guards last season once we realized that we were going nowhere. Extended minutes for jose, sasha, aa and gallo was a waste.

I don't think at the time Phil felt it was worth it. Most PnR PG's would have trouble just being dropped into the Triangle. Not enough practice time to be working with players trying to learn from scratch. Now is a better time for taking a look at players.

We signed Tony Wroten to 3 year contract...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy