[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SO WTH IS PHIL THINKING AT THIS POINT
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/7/2016  3:44 PM
I guess only his fiance knows, that seems to be the only person he talks to these days.. Your 28 million $ makeover has loss 9 of 10 games, and can't even beat under 500 teams at home...that's a high level of concern
ES
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

2/7/2016  3:46 PM
He's thinking Fish is a birch...
wargames
Member: #6053

2/7/2016  3:49 PM
I am hoping he is thinking trade. Even if it's just trash for trash, it's not like the Knicks have anything to lose by making some changes to the roster.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/7/2016  3:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  3:54 PM
wargames wrote:I am hoping he is thinking trade. Even if it's just trash for trash, it's not like the Knicks have anything to lose by making some changes to the roster.

I wouldn't quickly consider a trade without Changing the head coach. It is more than evident that we need a PG. we should find one

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
2/7/2016  3:53 PM
Very interesting question.. If you can't beat the traveling Nuggets at home on a Sunday matinee, you gotta wonder what's next...
ccch
Member: #3876

2/7/2016  4:09 PM
Another 4th quarter collapse ... It has Fisher's fingerprints all over it.
wargames
Member: #6053

2/7/2016  4:10 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
wargames wrote:I am hoping he is thinking trade. Even if it's just trash for trash, it's not like the Knicks have anything to lose by making some changes to the roster.

I wouldn't quickly consider a trade without Changing the head coach. It is more than evident that we need a PG. we should find one

Its a combination of both, but I would prefer they wait until the offseason to fire him if they want to and just get a PG of any kind right now.

Like this season is a wrap in my mind, the knicks might as well start trading so the roster would look better next season.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/7/2016  4:37 PM
wargames wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Its a combination of both, but I would prefer they wait until the offseason to fire him if they want to and just get a PG of any kind right now.

Like this season is a wrap in my mind, the knicks might as well start trading so the roster would look better next season.

Not me. I want him gone yesterday. Not worthy to coach a storied franchise like the Knicks

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2016  5:07 PM
matt wrote:Very interesting question.. If you can't beat the traveling Nuggets at home on a Sunday matinee, you gotta wonder what's next...
I missed the game but that is what I was thinking. I do think it might be smart to make a small move to shake things up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/7/2016  6:32 PM
Sell sell sell.....sell every damn player you can get a draft pick or picks for. Sell D.Williams, sell KOQ, sell Seraphin, sell Jose sell.....................................
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/7/2016  6:38 PM
The one positive in this losing streak is Phil should be thinking about selling vs buying. With Afflalo or Calderon and dare I say Melo all 30 years old + and out of their prime, trading them for a future longterm asset is the way to go.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/7/2016  7:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  7:50 PM
Unfortunately, I feel he's thinking guys like Calderon, Galloway, Sasha, Lou Amundson are all his additions--he owes them, he wants to remain loyal to them (to a fault) etc., and there's nobody out there that we could sign (i.e. the slew of QUALITY DL players for instance) that would be any better. If this is true, he couldn't be more wrong imo. If he was open to the possibilities of augmenting with a few DL standouts (there are quite a few players in that league that are head & shoulders better than some of our current components--100% FACT--and ironically enough, quite a few quality guards, exactly what we need), we'd be better. I don't know how much better, but we'd be better.. This is the first logical thing we should try before anything else. A before B, before C...
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/7/2016  7:55 PM
You cant just gut a roster every season, and expect success or fire the coach that is trying to run your system. Phil is gonna keep some of these guys for sure and I'd be shocked if he fired Fisher. Even though this is a losing team, you have to have continuity. Nobody credible is coming to an unstable franchise.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

2/7/2016  8:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  8:25 PM
Wow did anyone really think we'd go from a 17 win team to a playoff contender/winning team in 1 year?!?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/7/2016  8:47 PM
H1AND1 wrote:Wow did anyone really think we'd go from a 17 win team to a playoff contender/winning team in 1 year?!?

Its giving the lottery pick away thats upsetting people. No one would care if we had the 8th pick in the raft coming

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/7/2016  9:08 PM
H1AND1 wrote:Wow did anyone really think we'd go from a 17 win team to a playoff contender/winning team in 1 year?!?

With some shrewd adjustments, we could be better than this.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/7/2016  9:15 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Its giving the lottery pick away thats upsetting people. No one would care if we had the 8th pick in the raft coming

The draft pick/lottery pick has nothing to do with Phil or Anyone in the org right now.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/7/2016  10:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  10:02 PM
The Knicks will lose the lottery picks in 2014 and 2016.
Could have had 2 starters or top 6 guys with these picks.
That's hurting Phil Jackson's position to get better.
The best player they signed in the offseason was Lopez (if you think of Porzingis as a draft pick).
It's going to take some time, but we're about where we expected at season's start.

Lopez is 27
Porzingis is 20
Thomas is 27
Galloway is 24
Grant is 23
Williams is 24

That's 6 of our top 10 players from this year, and likely we won't be looking to bring back Calderon/Afflalo for the longterm. If we can add some younger players in the backcourt who can be relied upon to play 30 minutes a night, we'll be on the right path overall.

The franchise is always going to be hard pressed to do anything so long as Melo makes 25 million a year and plays half healthy seasons. He's had a great run for 20 games this year and the rest of it has been him injured, recovering from an injury or being too sore to be effective. He's just not been a level of a player that is worth as much as the Knicks paid him. When you invest in 1 player the amount 4 other starters make, you're asking that player to be a top 5 player in the league. Melo hasn't, he's been like that for a 10-15 game stretch and the rest he's been injured or recovering from injuries. Unfortunately this is how I see the rest of his contract play out. We have to accept it and move on.

So if we keep Melo, which is likely what we do, then re-building is only harder. We have limited growth opportunities for cheap - a Melo trade could yield a young player on a cheap contract or a high draft pick. In keeping Melo around the 6 guys I mentioned above, we now have to go out and spend the 20 million in capspace the team has this summer very wisely. We have to massively upgrade the backcourt. If possible we should look to get a post up player at the 5 or 4, since the Triangle thrives with a post up player (Pau Gasol comes to mind).

I do think the team will be better again next year. If for no other reason than Porzingis and Grant. Porzingis will have a year of experience and if he's the gym rat I think he is, he'll come back at close or at an all-star level. If we have Melo at the same level he's at this season, that alone pushes us to 41-45 wins. Now factor free agency moves, maybe a trade and perhaps someone like Grant, Galloway, Thomas or Williams improving - I think we could grow.

I'm definitely really disappointed at how the 2nd half has played out. The team won 20 of it's first half, and right now winning 20 of their 2nd half looks virtually impossible. But if you ignore the 20 game stretch where Melo played at a different level, you're likely seeing the team we should have been all along. A 30-35 win type of team. One major bonus, KP. No one can take away the fact that this season we got a heck of a draft pick. Not every building block is a franchise player. So around KP having guys like DWill, Lopez, Thomas, Galloway, Grant all being in their 20's to me is a positive (if we keep all of them).

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2016  10:02 PM
Wroten.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/7/2016  10:15 PM

Early in the season we all predicted how this season would go. No one expected Porzingas to make such an early splash or for Calderon to play so well. The fact that Melo has been hurt during some very winnable games hurts and Porzingas having a respiratory issue is also a short term blow.

Obviously no one knows what the Knicks braintrust has in mind but I'll stick out my neck and speculate.

I think Phil hired Fisher for the long haul - posters who talk about continuity must keep that in mind. Criticize Fisher all you like but management that sticks to a plan with a coach is the way to win.

I expect Phil to repeat the pattern he exercised last year and that is to trade useful assets for more appropriate assets. Given that playoff hopes are fading but not out of the question, I think the bench sees some revamping.

Tyler Ennis? A small but effective trade. Ennis and Copeland for Seraphin?

SO WTH IS PHIL THINKING AT THIS POINT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy