[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pre Superbowl TV time: Nuggets in town for an afternoon game
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

2/7/2016  4:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  5:33 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Seen this act before -- sluggish start, nice comeback and then the flat finish. Scoring drought in the 4th really did us in.

Not sure what the solution really is but what I'd do -- cut Sasha (I know he's Phil's guy & he's playing a tad better lately but it's fools gold--this dude's shot and not a real answer for us) and send down Thanasis (I'm actually a fan but they obviously don't think he can help now--he was insurance all the way--what's the point in keeping him up here if we're not gonna take a look at him?) and sign BOTH Russ Smith and Elliot Williams to 10-day contracts (buying out/waiving Lou Amundson is also a plausible idea to open up a spot). Not only sign them, but get them up to speed and PLAY THEM! I really think a couple of minor moves like that could really galvanize this team. It would help in a lot of areas -- it'd be a big boost for the backcourt in terms of talent and firepower, it'd add a big scoring punch at a rockbottom price (would help with the slow starts and sluggish finishes) and they're each versatile players that should thrive in this system. I don't think we have the assets to trade for a star-level player, and the draft and offseason FA is months way. If there's a more realistic scenario for us to improve this year's team, tell me what it is. These two are exactly what we need--they're just sitting there waiting to be plucked off the vine.

I am with u but I don't see them ever doing this.It would make sense huge difference with the speed and aggressiveness

Fleshed out my thoughts a little further -- see original post. This idea is completely sound for many reasons. Absolute no-brainer... I don't know what the F Phil's waiting for. It's like he can't admit a mistake:

Phil: "Nobody available out there could crack the rotation." -- I mean is he F'ing kidding me or what? Calderon, Galloway and Sasha Vujacic. WTF does he think he has with these 3? Russ Smith and Elliot Williams would be a GIGANTIC upgrades over these 3, esp. Calderon and SV (and I'm not even a big Galloway guy either. Never have been. He's OK but completely replaceable). A blind man could see this.

"None of these guys are triangle guys, my kind of guys." -- Well, that's a problem if he's dismissing reasonable talent upgrades because he doesn't think they would fit his system. Come on, man. That's bogus and short-sighted. Teach them!!! Hungry young players want to learn, believe me...No reason either of these kids couldn't at least get to a functional level of understanding in this system a-la D-Will.

"I need Sasha around to further mentor KP." -- Complete BS. KP's a big boy, who speaks perfect English. He's doing just fine--way ahead of where anyone thought he'd be his rookie season. He doesn't need to be coddled and he doesn't need some Euro mentor/bodyguard. I mean he's got his boy Willy coming over next year. He's loved by everyone--I detect no discomfort on his part whatsoever playing in NY...You wanna keep Sasha around, Phil? Buy him out and rehire him as a coach or give him a front office spot where he's still around the team. Dilemma solved. If he turns that down, OK, you tried. Let him go play ball somewhere else (and it won't be in the NBA). Dude shouldn't even have made the team to begin with... He needs to understand that his #1 priority is to build the best team he possibly can 1-15. That's what he was given the big bucks to accomplish, nothing else.

I mean whatever his reasons are for dismissing these types of players, they're all nonsense imo. Open your mind up to some different possibilities, buddy! They're right under your damn nose. Guys that could help salvage the year and maybe even be pieces we retain for the future at a good price--they're out there!! No trade(s) required to get better. There's another realistic avenue to improve the team.

AUTOADVERT
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

2/7/2016  4:29 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Thats exactly the kind of off balanced disoriented shot you get when you refuse to call a timeout and set up a play. Oh I forgot Fisher can't call plays because he is not ready to coach X&O's

Coach is zoned out trying to coach,
He isn't bringing squat to the table

As a former PG you would think Dfish can develop
Grant and Galloway by playing them minutes in trial
Spots.

Fisher is awful in ALL areas of coaching
Looks often disinterested

He is a rip off of having a nba job

Nothing bothers Fisher, cause $$$
Is at end of the day.

Has no feel for game coaching, etc..

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/7/2016  4:33 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Thats exactly the kind of off balanced disoriented shot you get when you refuse to call a timeout and set up a play. Oh I forgot Fisher can't call plays because he is not ready to coach X&O's

Spots.

Is at end of the day.

Thank you. Nalod and newyork4ever are not going to be happy with those words

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
DJMUSIC

2/7/2016  4:37 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

Spots.

Is at end of the day.

Oops

Msg telecast..beginning nothing but Knicks, D.Fisher starts show
Just turned the channel,

Thx Fisher..

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/7/2016  5:02 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

Spots.

Is at end of the day.

Oops

Msg telecast..beginning nothing but Knicks, D.Fisher starts show
Just turned the channel,

Thx Fisher..

Lol

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/7/2016  5:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:nixluva disappeared after the knicks ran zero triangle to get the lead in the 3rd

BULL ISH!!

THE PNR IS PART OF THE PNR-TRIANGLE YOU MORON!

Nobody disappeared. I was taking some pics of my grandson who was being particularly cute. Why would I have an issue with the Knicks doing well? You guys are way off if you think I would have an issue with the Knicks playing well regardless of style of play.

PnR is only part of what the Knicks ran to get back in the game. There was more to the better play than PnR.

DJMUSIC

2/7/2016  5:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:nixluva disappeared after the knicks ran zero triangle to get the lead in the 3rd

BULL ISH!!

THE PNR IS PART OF THE PNR-TRIANGLE YOU MORON!

Nobody disappeared. I was taking some pics of my grandson who was being particularly cute. Why would I have an issue with the Knicks doing well? You guys are way off if you think I would have an issue with the Knicks playing well regardless of style of play.

PnR is only part of what the Knicks ran to get back in the game. There was more to the better play than PnR.

Luck and KP got Ny in the game 3rd. Qtr.,

Fisher can run Triangle,
,.Square, Rectangles, trapezoid or circles

He is awful!
Adds zip
Nothing
Zero
Zilch

To adjustments, N.Y. needs to improvements
For winnings success

WP76
Member: #4508

2/7/2016  5:51 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:The sign of bad coaching and a bad team is not learning from your previous mistakes and making those same mistakes over and over.

You mean like falling behind by 20 in every game--regardless of the quality of the opponent? That, to me, is one of the most glaring proofs of Fisher's inability to coach e.g. his consistent failure to have his team ready to play at tipoff. The Knicks often make gallant comebacks only to fall short. We lose countless games because we're so gassed from playing 45 minutes of catch up that we simply can't finish. For those who say we got to .500 because of Fisher, I'll replay that we're now 10 games under .500 and fading thanks to him as well.

DJMUSIC

2/7/2016  11:51 PM
WP76 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:The sign of bad coaching and a bad team is not learning from your previous mistakes and making those same mistakes over and over.

You mean like falling behind by 20 in every game--regardless of the quality of the opponent? That, to me, is one of the most glaring proofs of Fisher's inability to coach e.g. his consistent failure to have his team ready to play at tipoff. The Knicks often make gallant comebacks only to fall short. We lose countless games because we're so gassed from playing 45 minutes of catch up that we simply can't finish. For those who say we got to .500 because of Fisher, I'll replay that we're now 10 games under .500 and fading thanks to him as well.

Agree 150%

I can see some loses and if we can say "Tough loss" Fisher had Knicks doing this OR that

most of Knicks wins or losses Coach has been so calm so non-involved emotionally
you cant figure out if DFish is happy Or NOT being a NBA coach in NY pro sports.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/8/2016  10:48 AM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Anthony has passed well enough recently to give him an opportunity to make the right play without needing to call the timeout.

Should have been looking to set up a 3 for Calderon or AA, with KP as a 3rd option.

The issue for me is how injured Anthony is, or at least how he's lost his shooting groove to some extent because he is not doing his regular play/practice routine.

but why take that shot? his last three was an airball that missed the rim by 10 feet

Sorry for the delay in posting...

He clearly did not make the "right" play given the way he had been shooting. He should have used himself as a decoy.

If he had been hot the final few minutes of the game, I could see that shot being acceptable...but it was not a good decision given the circumstances leading up to that moment.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
2/8/2016  10:50 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:
WP76 wrote:

Agree 150%

I can see some loses and if we can say "Tough loss" Fisher had Knicks doing this OR that

most of Knicks wins or losses Coach has been so calm so non-involved emotionally
you cant figure out if DFish is happy Or NOT being a NBA coach in NY pro sports.

Fish is too busy thinking of getting his Gloria Govan on.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/8/2016  10:52 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Mudiay posted up jose for an easy basket.

Gallo shot over jose on a switch for an easy jumper.

Mudiay drove past KP for a layup on a jose switch.

Notice a trend here during crunch time? Jose is getting exploited by the opposing coach defensively.

BTW...this is where we lost the game. This happened in the last 5 minutes. Also, Sasha had no business playing in the last 5 minutes. He was taken out for Gallo with about 3 minutes left.

Mudiay looked like a cat playing with an injured bird when he came back in with Calderon guarding him.

This was a game where we really missed Thomas' ability on D, because I think he would have been guarding Mudiay at the end of the game.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Pre Superbowl TV time: Nuggets in town for an afternoon game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy