[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pre Superbowl TV time: Nuggets in town for an afternoon game
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

2/7/2016  3:28 PM
nixluva disappeared after the knicks ran zero triangle to get the lead in the 3rd
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/7/2016  3:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Well look at it this way at least we have our first round pick

Ha...Ha...Ha....

Not Phil's fault, not Fisher's fault. Can't blame them for the previous regime's stupidity.

agreed. I just meant the organization in general for the past 15 years. Throwing away picks have killed us. Only KP has been the silver lining

fair enough. hopefully that is different now.

¿ △ ?
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/7/2016  3:30 PM
We suck.

Pretty bad.

I'm gonna have a beer.

Go Broncos!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/7/2016  3:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Well look at it this way at least we have our first round pick

Ha...Ha...Ha....

Not Phil's fault, not Fisher's fault. Can't blame them for the previous regime's stupidity.

agreed. I just meant the organization in general for the past 15 years. Throwing away picks have killed us. Only KP has been the silver lining

fair enough. hopefully that is different now.

phil does value the draft which i love. However so far his free agent track record isnt too good
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/7/2016  3:32 PM
Cartman718 wrote:nixluva disappeared after the knicks ran zero triangle to get the lead in the 3rd

BULL ISH!!

THE PNR IS PART OF THE PNR-TRIANGLE YOU MORON!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
StarksEwing1

2/7/2016  3:33 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Ha...Ha...Ha....

Oh my! Let the past be the past

well it isnt the past yet
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/7/2016  3:34 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Thats exactly the kind of off balanced disoriented shot you get when you refuse to call a timeout and set up a play. Oh I forgot Fisher can't call plays because he is not ready to coach X&O's

Anthony has passed well enough recently to give him an opportunity to make the right play without needing to call the timeout.

Should have been looking to set up a 3 for Calderon or AA, with KP as a 3rd option.

The issue for me is how injured Anthony is, or at least how he's lost his shooting groove to some extent because he is not doing his regular play/practice routine.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman

2/7/2016  3:35 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Thats exactly the kind of off balanced disoriented shot you get when you refuse to call a timeout and set up a play. Oh I forgot Fisher can't call plays because he is not ready to coach X&O's

Anthony has passed well enough recently to give him an opportunity to make the right play without needing to call the timeout.

Should have been looking to set up a 3 for Calderon or AA, with KP as a 3rd option.

The issue for me is how injured Anthony is, or at least how he's lost his shooting groove to some extent because he is not doing his regular play/practice routine.

but why take that shot? his last three was an airball that missed the rim by 10 feet

SocraticBallin22

2/7/2016  3:35 PM
The sign of bad coaching and a bad team is not learning from your previous mistakes and making those same mistakes over and over.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/7/2016  3:37 PM
That three guard lineup at the end hurt us.

I really want to see KP being encouraged to dominate when he is on his game. At one point Porzingis hit back to back shots, but deferred on the next trip down the floor. Don't want him to become a black hole on offense, at the same time, if KP is hot, I want Porzingis to run with it. He's great at playing within the offense, but as a budding superstar, he needs to take it over from time to time, especially when you see Melo bricking 3s. Throw the ball to KP in tne post and let him work.

crzymdups
USA
2/7/2016  3:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Ha...Ha...Ha....

Whoever it was who pulled the trigger on the Bargnani trade killed us.

Denver wouldn't even want to swap picks with us this year. We'd have at least a late lotto pick to look forward to.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2016  3:38 PM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

but why take that shot? his last three was an airball that missed the rim by 10 feet

Yeah, I can't believe Melo thought it'd be a good idea to shoot that. His previous miss he was wide open, set, and he airballed it badly.

¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/7/2016  3:40 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:The sign of bad coaching and a bad team is not learning from your previous mistakes and making those same mistakes over and over.

yea i'd be shocked if people are still going to defend Fisher after this one. Even Hahn & Wally criticizing the continued refusal to call a timeout and set up a play

SocraticBallin22

2/7/2016  3:40 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Mudiay posted up jose for an easy basket.

Gallo shot over jose on a switch for an easy jumper.

Mudiay drove past KP for a layup on a jose switch.

Notice a trend here during crunch time? Jose is getting exploited by the opposing coach defensively.

BTW...this is where we lost the game. This happened in the last 5 minutes. Also, Sasha had no business playing in the last 5 minutes. He was taken out for Gallo with about 3 minutes left.

StarksEwing1

2/7/2016  3:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Ha...Ha...Ha....

Whoever it was who pulled the trigger on the Bargnani trade killed us.

Denver wouldn't even want to swap picks with us this year. We'd have at least a late lotto pick to look forward to.

we gotta find a way to get a first rounder this year.
mreinman

2/7/2016  3:43 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Yeah, I can't believe Melo thought it'd be a good idea to shoot that. His previous miss he was wide open, set, and he airballed it badly.

this shows that there is just something missing with his head. We see now that he can pass if he wants to even if he has a sh1tty team. How many final shots does he have to miss for him to realize that he should not be taking some of these really stupid shots?

Would be nice if he just had that it-brain factor.

Also, the knicks were killing it when featuring KP and ditching the triangle. Then, they ditch KP and the successful PnR's and they have puke for results.

And, Grant was killing it on D but we put Sasha in for offense? Really? Sasha and Jose are suppose to get some stops?

Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/7/2016  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  4:05 PM
Seen this act before -- sluggish start, nice comeback and then the flat finish. Scoring drought in the 4th really did us in.

Not sure what the solution really is but what I'd do -- cut Sasha (I know he's Phil's guy & he's playing a tad better lately but it's fools gold--this dude's shot and not a real answer for us) and send down Thanasis (I'm actually a fan but they obviously don't think he can help now--he was insurance all the way--what's the point in keeping him up here if we're not gonna take a look at him?) and sign BOTH Russ Smith and Elliot Williams to 10-day contracts (buying out/waiving Lou Amundson is also a plausible idea to open up a spot). Not only sign them, but get them up to speed and PLAY THEM! I really think a couple of minor moves like that could really galvanize this team. It would help in a lot of areas -- it'd be a big boost for the backcourt in terms of talent and firepower, it'd add a big scoring punch at a rockbottom price (would help with the slow starts and sluggish finishes) and they're each versatile players that should thrive in this system. Great value here that we wouldn't have to surrender a single asset to acquire...I don't think we have the assets to trade for a star-level player, and the draft and offseason FA is months way. If there's a more realistic scenario for us to improve this year's team, tell me what it is. These two are exactly what we need--they're just sitting there waiting to be plucked off the vine. Does Phil have the sense and guts to pull off a minor shakeup like this? My gut tells me no, for whatever reasons he might have -- Sasha's my guy, Lou's a good locker room guy, I owe Thanasis, I still like Calderon and Galloway, etc. -- this is all BS. Open your eyes and fix the problem, Phil! At least attempt to address it for Christ's sake!!

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/7/2016  3:44 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

He over thought it, he could have went up in his regular shot motion. His 1st mistake was going toward Calderon to set the screen.

SocraticBallin22

2/7/2016  3:51 PM
Finestrg wrote:Seen this act before -- sluggish start, nice comeback and then the flat finish. Scoring drought in the 4th really did us in.

Not sure what the solution really is but what I'd do -- cut Sasha (I know he's Phil's guy & he's playing a tad better lately but it's fools gold--this dude's shot and not a real answer for us) and send down Thanasis (I'm actually a fan but they obviously don't think he can help now--he was insurance all the way--what's the point in keeping him up here if we're not gonna take a look at him?) and sign BOTH Russ Smith and Elliot Williams to 10-day contracts (buying out/waiving Lou Amundson is also a plausible idea to open up a spot). Not only sign them, but get them up to speed and PLAY THEM! I really think a couple of minor moves like that could really galvanize this team. It would help in a lot of areas -- it'd be a big boost for the backcourt in terms of talent and firepower, it'd add a big scoring punch at a rockbottom price (would help with the slow starts and sluggish finishes) and they're each versatile players that should thrive in this system. I don't think we have the assets to trade for a star-level player, and the draft and offseason FA is months way. If there's a more realistic scenario for us to improve this year's team, tell me what it is. These two are exactly what we need--they're just sitting there waiting to be plucked off the vine.

I am with u but I don't see them ever doing this.It would make sense huge difference with the speed and aggressiveness

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

2/7/2016  3:55 PM
Pathetic coach Fisher

He rarely used WE in post game. Chats
Says THEY gotta figure it out, slow starts

He needs to go,

Sick of this man

No fire from a coach in N.Y. is unacceptable around
Here

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Pre Superbowl TV time: Nuggets in town for an afternoon game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy