[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phil is a sneaky mofo #tradedeadlinetalk
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/6/2016  7:01 PM
I'm just thinking....

Phil called up Thanasis when we clearly need point guard help.

He signs Keith Bogans to westchester out of nowhere.

Fisher isn't worried...

Tony Wroten is still a free agent which to me means he's waiting on the Knicks to make a decision. Same with Jimmer Ferdette. All the d league guys are all of a sudden getting a little shine in the media or is it just me?

I'm thinking Phil is going to pull a bench clearing deal and quietly plug in some of these dleague guys onto the main roster.

I can't call it but I have a feeling he's already made his decision on certain guys and is ready to move some of them. It won't be ignorant roster purging like Isiah.... it's going to be a move or two that gets the Knicks the talent they need, plus open a bunch of roster spots to call guys up.

Phil and Steve Mills have been unusually quiet for this not to be the case

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
2/6/2016  7:07 PM
We'll see but I doubt it.
EnySpree

2/6/2016  7:07 PM
One Idea...

the Knicks could trade Jerian Grant to the bucks with Thanasis for Michael carter williams. That's a decent deal if you ask me.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2016  7:15 PM
EnySpree wrote:One Idea...

the Knicks could trade Jerian Grant to the bucks with Thanasis for Michael carter williams. That's a decent deal if you ask me.

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. When Phil is super quiet it usually means he's up to something. There's no way they're content with things as they are. Despite how things look there are always deals to be made.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/6/2016  7:16 PM

I hope not

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knickscity
USA
2/6/2016  7:20 PM

It is a decent deal. We'll see how Phil views it.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/6/2016  7:23 PM
EnySpree wrote:I'm just thinking....

Phil called up Thanasis when we clearly need point guard help.

He signs Keith Bogans to westchester out of nowhere.

Fisher isn't worried...

Tony Wroten is still a free agent which to me means he's waiting on the Knicks to make a decision. Same with Jimmer Ferdette. All the d league guys are all of a sudden getting a little shine in the media or is it just me?

I'm thinking Phil is going to pull a bench clearing deal and quietly plug in some of these dleague guys onto the main roster.

I can't call it but I have a feeling he's already made his decision on certain guys and is ready to move some of them. It won't be ignorant roster purging like Isiah.... it's going to be a move or two that gets the Knicks the talent they need, plus open a bunch of roster spots to call guys up.

Phil and Steve Mills have been unusually quiet for this not to be the case

Well i've been saying for a while that i think it's time to put everyone but Melo and KP on the trade block and get as many draft picks as they can whether it be for this draft or future drafts and whether it's 1st round picks or 2nd round picks and i'd be fine with them just bringing up some of the d-league guys to take whatever spots we open. Phil is always quiet when it comes to any moves whether it be trades or call ups or whatever it is so i don't see it as unusual but i sure do hope he makes some moves and don't care if the moves are to get better this year which will be tough or to clean house to get better next year.

newyorker4ever

2/6/2016  7:24 PM

Decent deal for who?? Looks like it's be a better move for us than them.

newyorker4ever

2/6/2016  7:25 PM
knickscity wrote:

How is Phil gonna view it?? Is someone on here gonna text it to him?? Hahaha just messin with ya.

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

2/6/2016  7:26 PM
dont read into things. lol
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
wargames
Member: #6053

2/6/2016  8:36 PM
I hope there is a decent trade for a PG out there but if there are none out there worth the trouble I hope Phil doesn't make a desperate trade either
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
knickscity
USA
2/6/2016  8:40 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knickscity wrote:

How is Phil gonna view it?? Is someone on here gonna text it to him?? Hahaha just messin with ya.

It's well reported that the Bucks are shopping MCW. That didn't originate here...lol.
nycisgreat
Member: #3894

2/6/2016  8:59 PM

If Phil could pull something like this off, that would be great.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2016  11:44 PM

That would be a great deal. I don't know if Thanasis is an nba player but the Bucks have more motivation to acquire him than any other team. If that deal goes down I think they bring up Bogans. He looked great last night and he had the same type of energy tonight in the first half (haven't watched the second half yet).
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
wargames

2/7/2016  3:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  3:02 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

That would be a great deal. I don't know if Thanasis is an nba player but the Bucks have more motivation to acquire him than any other team. If that deal goes down I think they bring up Bogans. He looked great last night and he had the same type of energy tonight in the first half (haven't watched the second half yet).

Not for nothing adding Thanasis to the deal actually makes me me maybe see them doing it. I guess do a sign and trade though I believe if they wanted him they could of simply taken him from the D league. Also I am against trading grant for MCW. Guard depth is the problem the goal should be to send them a big that could spell Zeller/Monroe so they aren't forced to play Monroe when he is hurting the team.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/7/2016  7:40 AM
When contemplating moves, think about contending for the best record in the East. Is MCW gonna bring you that? Now with his shooting stats. Phils thinking Conley, Batum, Jennings etx. Not MJM.
EnySpree

2/7/2016  8:13 AM
Paris907 wrote:When contemplating moves, think about contending for the best record in the East. Is MCW gonna bring you that? Now with his shooting stats. Phils thinking Conley, Batum, Jennings etx. Not MJM.

Nah I think this forum is thinking Conley, Batum and Jennings. Phil has never done anything anybody was expecting.

wargames

2/7/2016  8:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2016  8:33 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:When contemplating moves, think about contending for the best record in the East. Is MCW gonna bring you that? Now with his shooting stats. Phils thinking Conley, Batum, Jennings etx. Not MJM.

Nah I think this forum is thinking Conley, Batum and Jennings. Phil has never done anything anybody was expecting.

Talking about a MCW trade doesn't make Phil going after Conley, Batum, or Jennings less likely. Those are offseason FA moves. All talk of MCW is a deadline trade and hope he can get his game together here similar to guys like D-Will, Lance, Shved, etc. I honestly don't think there is a move that can return dividends this season. But this FA is shallow, Phil needs some more Outcast to rebuild the roster.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/7/2016  9:26 AM
He's so sneaky that about 14 days ago we were 2 games out of 4th place in the east and now (I haven't checked to confirm but) I think we are 5 or 6 out of 8th place.

Season is gone -- even a great late unlikely run might sneak us into 8th position and 1st round sweep. Yippie.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/7/2016  9:31 AM
I think MCW now without giving up Grant and say Batum in summer makes us a whole lot more viable next year.

Combination of MCW/Batum would give us serious length / size in backcourt and MCW would have room to get to the rim with shooters like Melo/Batum/KP spreading floor.

MCW/Grant
Batum/Gallo
Melo/Lance
KP/DWill
RoLo

Phil is a sneaky mofo #tradedeadlinetalk

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy