[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we kept Scvheyd Larkin and Aldrich
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/18/2016  4:28 PM
TheGame wrote:LOL. Yeah and if we had LeBron James, D Wade, and birdman, we would be 32-10.

birdman as in Chris Andersen? Or the character from the Michael Keaton movie?

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/18/2016  4:37 PM
crzymdups wrote:
TheGame wrote:LOL. Yeah and if we had LeBron James, D Wade, and birdman, we would be 32-10.

birdman as in Chris Andersen? Or the character from the Michael Keaton movie?

Either one. If we had lebron and D wade, it wouldn't matter. 😆

Trust the Process
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/18/2016  4:50 PM
I think people tend to forget what they have seen.

Its pretty simple--he was a long 6-6 PG who played with a high IQ and stuffed the sheet. He w as well worth 3mm per and he couldve been a big difference maker here. I think its possible he could be our starting PG and if not---Calderon Affalo Schved Gallo is better than what we have now.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/18/2016  4:53 PM
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Given playing time Schveyd was very good-- something we really do not have-- a guard who can penetrate dish sho it from 3 and fill it up. I believe Cple Aldrich given pt is just as good as Lopez and you can see over the last 2 games and his per minute production all year that the argument holds water. And despite a couple porous games Larkin has been a reliable back up pg something we have not had with Grant.

First Larkin is better than Galloway and now Cole Aldrich is better than Robin Lopez. Based on 2 games and per minute production. Glad you switched gears and are now comparing Larkin to a rookie.

I think if you break it down by per second production, you can get Cole into the HOF by the AS break, BRIGGS.

If Schved could just stay on the court, or maybe even in the NBA, he'd probably be MJ by now.

I never said anything other than if we had all 3--wed be better than we are now. I looked back and determined it could be as high as 8 games and no lower than 4 when I added what I believed would be true net value. If I believe that Schved would have added net value of +3 and the other two a combined net value of +1(cumulative +4)--if everything were relatively the same--we d be anywhere from 24-17 to as high as 28-13. Jim just thank your lucky stars someone was smart enough to grab Porzingis--really thats the only F thing that has happened since Phil has gotten here that has true long term material value. Melo has been good--a team player this year--so we can give that one to you after 4 years of mostly crp. But even blind monkeys hit the target once in awhile and he has 4 long years to survive.

Actually BRIGGS, it's a scientific fact that monkeys (blind or otherwise) may crap on the target, but they don't actually ever hit it. (See Dr. Gerald Schroeder)

And you've actually tried to state over and over again the individual worth of each of these three pieces of league flotsam:

Why is Shyved not in the league?
Why does Cole have almost as many DNP's as he does anything else in his stat line?
If Larkin is of such quality, why are the Nets so abominable?

And why is it that even the anti-Knick ESPN can list off more than the singular signing of KP for the PJax regime, but you can't seem to bring yourself to do that?
Anyway, Lance Thomas and DWill say hello BRIGGS. And maybe you'd like to tell us how terrible Galloway is again (I've noticed that train of thought got left at some side track somewhere). I can just imagine Larkin getting 11 rebounds in a game any day now.

I see RoosterBoy on the Nuggets had a good game against the Pacers the other night. Maybe you'd like to tell us what our record would be now with him instead of Melo?

I wanted to sign D Will to--but lets see the outcome of Affalo Thomas Galloway and D Will all on limited contracts with the most money is NBA history on the horizon. I think signing Shveyd for a 3 year 10mm $ contract wouldve been a stabilizer and wed be better.. You know if we sign guys and then they leave--you are at peg#1.

RIP Crushalot😞
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/18/2016  10:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:and did not have Admundson and Shved--wed be 28-13 right now.

I wonder when its opt out time if guys like Affalo D Will are gone the same way?

LOL
Larkin of the 11-30 Nets, off the bench ? really
and Cole Aldrich for the OKC team with 2 of BEST 6 or seven players in whole NBA (Durant, Westbrook)
finally Alexy Shved whom I like but is in Europe league not the NBA

28-13
Mmmmmmm

Oh well ...
Shved would have added a positive to Knicks PG woes

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
1/19/2016  5:25 PM
Did Schved play defense?
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
BRIGGS
1/24/2016  1:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2016  1:24 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:

I wonder when its opt out time if guys like Affalo D Will are gone the same way?

LOL
and Cole Aldrich for the OKC team with 2 of BEST 6 or seven players in whole NBA (Durant, Westbrook)

28-13
Mmmmmmm

Oh well ...

Shveyd that was the worst move of the offseason. We made a fantastic trade to get him-- I mean it's the type of trade we would die for now???? I can't see how people do not think he's a material player? That was the best trade we pulled off in 15 years-- we easily got the best player in the trade along with two 2s. And he wasn't asking for the world he was asking for 3 years and 10mm? At the time I was like blah on the player but I really came to like him. Hes absolutely a HUGE missing component here-- would've changed the team.Cole and Larkin were just enhancement fringe role players( but better than we have now)but you add Shveyd to this team and I can't see how people don't agree we'd be 4-5 games better EASY

If we can still get Scvhed back here next year for the same 3 year deal-- we should. That would be a cheap coup

RIP Crushalot😞
MS
Member: #724
1/24/2016  3:02 PM
Lin making 2.2MM for the next couple of years would have been a fantastic move for this team.

He has embarrassed our guards twice already this season and would have been tremendous working the pick and roll when melo needed a breather.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/24/2016  3:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2016  3:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

LOL

28-13
Mmmmmmm

Oh well ...

Shveyd that was the worst move of the offseason. We made a fantastic trade to get him-- I mean it's the type of trade we would die for now???? I can't see how people do not think he's a material player? That was the best trade we pulled off in 15 years-- we easily got the best player in the trade along with two 2s. And he wasn't asking for the world he was asking for 3 years and 10mm? At the time I was like blah on the player but I really came to like him. Hes absolutely a HUGE missing component here-- would've changed the team.Cole and Larkin were just enhancement fringe role players( but better than we have now)but you add Shveyd to this team and I can't see how people don't agree we'd be 4-5 games better EASY

If we can still get Scvhed back here next year for the same 3 year deal-- we should. That would be a cheap coup

Don't include everyone in that cause i've been the biggest Shved fan out of anyone on these boards and absolutely think we need him. I've even stated on here that i think he could be our starter over Calderon and he can play SG as well. The only one out of the three you mentioned that i don't think could help is Larkin. I would love Shved back and i'd take Cole over KOQ or Seraphin.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/24/2016  3:33 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

LOL

28-13
Mmmmmmm

Oh well ...

Don't include everyone in that cause i've been the biggest Shved fan out of anyone on these boards and absolutely think we need him. I've even stated on here that i think he could be our starter over Calderon and he can play SG as well. The only one out of the three you mentioned that i don't think could help is Larkin. I would love Shved back and i'd take Cole over KOQ or Seraphin.

I was an early Shved supporter! Before anyone had seen him play for the Knicks I was saying he's better than they thought. Too bad we didn't bring him back but I think Phil felt they would get more out of the guards we have. No GM is perfect.

I'm just curious about how Phil intends to play this out. Feb 18th is fast approaching. It seems like he's hoping to hold out til then. The last 2 losses were tough to endure. Seems like the MELO, KP, AA and LT have been breaking down. IMO the bench isn't providing enough help to keep minutes down. Gotta do something!

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/24/2016  7:29 PM
nixluva wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

LOL

28-13
Mmmmmmm

Oh well ...

I was an early Shved supporter! Before anyone had seen him play for the Knicks I was saying he's better than they thought. Too bad we didn't bring him back but I think Phil felt they would get more out of the guards we have. No GM is perfect.

I'm just curious about how Phil intends to play this out. Feb 18th is fast approaching. It seems like he's hoping to hold out til then. The last 2 losses were tough to endure. Seems like the MELO, KP, AA and LT have been breaking down. IMO the bench isn't providing enough help to keep minutes down. Gotta do something!

I think he's on the phone listening and asking about other players but he stays very careful not to hurt his cap and his plan which i'm sure he has a plan. If the right trade is there that will help us without hurting the cap then he does it but if he has to hold out and stay with what we have and wait until the off season then he will. Yes our bench isn't doing much for us besides DW, LT and Gallo but we get almost nothing from our bigs on the bench.
nixluva
USA
1/24/2016  7:38 PM
I'd just like to see more DIFFERENT options on the bench! We don't have that speed and breakdown guard off the bench. Jerian isn't really an ankle breaker! Even when he has it going he's more of a straight line off a pick type. I know it's not something you expect in a Triangle guard but it is another look we could give teams. Something that we miss from when we had Shved.

On those nights when AA isn't getting it done or Gallo, it would be nice to have a scoring spark off the bench. Sometimes we have to work so hard to score. DWILL would appreciate another speed guy off the bench to get out and run.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/25/2016  7:08 AM
babyKnicks wrote:Did Schved play defense?

No. He's also a career 35% or thereabouts shooter.

BRIGGS
1/25/2016  7:58 AM
H1AND1 wrote:

The a schved I watched with Knicks was quality all around player passing shooting rebounding driving. I mean he avg 15 4-4 in 40 games he has many assets we don't

RIP Crushalot😞
H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/25/2016  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2016  9:30 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

The a schved I watched with Knicks was quality all around player passing shooting rebounding driving. I mean he avg 15 4-4 in 40 games he has many assets we don't

Yes that's precisely the problem. He can play like that for short stretches but over the long run he is a 35% shooter and not able to put up those kindve numbers. He had 3+ seasons in the NBA and never ever approached those kindve numbers. He played ~15 games as a Knick. The numbers you state are for those 15 odd games. The other couple hundred NBA Games he played he averaged not even close to that. Which do you gamble on? Sorry I'm not a fan. He's a fools gold type of player. Hot for stretches but bad longer stretches. And he's also a terrible defender. I shudder at the thought ofhim and Jose in the backcourt.

nixluva
USA
1/25/2016  12:09 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Yes that's precisely the problem. He can play like that for short stretches but over the long run he is a 35% shooter and not able to put up those kindve numbers. He had 3+ seasons in the NBA and never ever approached those kindve numbers. He played ~15 games as a Knick. The numbers you state are for those 15 odd games. The other couple hundred NBA Games he played he averaged not even close to that. Which do you gamble on? Sorry I'm not a fan. He's a fools gold type of player. Hot for stretches but bad longer stretches. And he's also a terrible defender. I shudder at the thought ofhim and Jose in the backcourt.

Shved's success wasn't so much about great shooting. It was his overall game in pushing the ball, setting up teammates, driving to the hoop and finishing or getting fouled and yes he shot the ball better but he always had that ability to shoot. I think he was hampered by being in less than ideal situations. Here in NY it was a near perfect fit.

Shved would not have to shoot it at a high % to still have an impact because he did other things well. We miss that level of aggression and decisiveness at guard. He simply didn't hesitate, which is what you need for this system to work best. Being able to read and decide what to do quickly is a HUGE key to success as a guard in this system.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/1/2016  8:21 PM
It just occurred to me that having already signed Larkin, all Brooklyn needs to do is get Schved and Aldrich and they'd be 28 and 13 also
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/11/2018  5:15 PM
Damn.. if only we were built around Aldrich, LArkin and scvheyd right now. We would be slammin.

Anyone have the Nate Wolters thread booked?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/11/2018  5:28 PM
fishmike wrote:Damn.. if only we were built around Aldrich, LArkin and scvheyd right now. We would be slammin.

Anyone have the Nate Wolters thread booked?

And the Mike Muscala one!

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/11/2018  7:50 PM
LOL thank you for this fish. as much as i respect briggs and his hoop talking, too often its just sensationalism. enough is enough. glad to see some of this crap thrown back the hole it came from.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
If we kept Scvheyd Larkin and Aldrich

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy