Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
1/14/2016  6:47 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Yeah, I'm not feeling this. I would've liked to sign Shved over Seraphin - but really that's about it.

Fisher has basically said out loud a few times that if he knew KP was gonna be ready to play real minutes at center so soon, they might not have signed Seraphin over Shved.

I think the Knicks came in thinking KP would play 15-20mpg this year. The fact that he is well over 30 minutes these days and playing like the clear cut second best player in the draft, some nights the best, has probably saved many jobs - including maybe Fisher's.

If KP was a dud or wasn't ready and couldn't be a starter... what would our record be? 11-30? (and for the Melo haters, I think our record would be just as bad if not worse if we didn't have Melo and did have KP - they need each other. It's a team, but are intrinsic to any success we have)

There is no such thing as Melo haters. There are "real fans" that want their franchise player to play to the best of their ability night in and night out.

Before this season, he's "dogged it". Bad body language, ball hogging, lazy D, feuds with teammates(Lin and THJR), tuning out the coach(D'Antoni and Woodson), etc..

There's no real hate you speak of. Just truth, that homers put blinders on and don't want to see.

It took Melo 13 seasons to finally play the way we know he's capable. Better late than never I guess.

Hour or so ago you advocated trading him to finally move on.

if it quacks like a Melo-hater...

Stop stalking me, man.

I know my posting abilities are sublime, but you don't have to follow my pretty little ass everywhere I go.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

1/14/2016  7:15 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Yeah, I'm not feeling this. I would've liked to sign Shved over Seraphin - but really that's about it.

Fisher has basically said out loud a few times that if he knew KP was gonna be ready to play real minutes at center so soon, they might not have signed Seraphin over Shved.

I think the Knicks came in thinking KP would play 15-20mpg this year. The fact that he is well over 30 minutes these days and playing like the clear cut second best player in the draft, some nights the best, has probably saved many jobs - including maybe Fisher's.

If KP was a dud or wasn't ready and couldn't be a starter... what would our record be? 11-30? (and for the Melo haters, I think our record would be just as bad if not worse if we didn't have Melo and did have KP - they need each other. It's a team, but are intrinsic to any success we have)

There is no such thing as Melo haters. There are "real fans" that want their franchise player to play to the best of their ability night in and night out.

Before this season, he's "dogged it". Bad body language, ball hogging, lazy D, feuds with teammates(Lin and THJR), tuning out the coach(D'Antoni and Woodson), etc..

There's no real hate you speak of. Just truth, that homers put blinders on and don't want to see.

It took Melo 13 seasons to finally play the way we know he's capable. Better late than never I guess.

Hour or so ago you advocated trading him to finally move on.

if it quacks like a Melo-hater...

Stop stalking me, man.

I know my posting abilities are sublime, but you don't have to follow my pretty little ass everywhere I go.

Can't help but notice you didn't refute the post...

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/14/2016  7:30 PM
H1AND1 wrote:Yes we'd be Golden State East with Schved, Larkin, and Aldrich. Three players who are balling out of their minds right now.

Back to reality...No way. Schved is a career 35% shooter and a prototypical "Not Very Good Chucker Who Puts Up Numbers on a Bad Team" while he was here. Anyone can get hot for ~17 games. Aldrich is a career 12th man who is a couple inches taller an a few BB IQ points lower than Amundson, and Larkin is 5'5" with no elite skills to make up for that fact besides being fast. Sorry id say you're way off here.

All three of those dudes are scrubs.

Nope not close to GS or San Antonio but 28-13 is a + 8 from where we are and I think it's accurate. I think having the quality third guard--Schved--having the back up PG(Larkin) so Grant couldve taken his time and jellled in with a defensive C and Alrdich--to me is the net + that gets us 8 more wins from where we are.

Even today -if we could acquire those three back--wed be a top 2-3 team in the east with enough to compete with Cleveland. So what we can do--imho--is try to replicate this during trade time--can we get back Larkin for a 2nd? etc..

And we can say Briggs youre off your wrong--and Ill say add those 3 to our roster--do we win or lose last night? And then we add in close losses it will come out to 6-8 more wins we lost due to lack of quality guard depth.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/14/2016  7:34 PM
Nalod wrote:Briggs watches a game and transposes what he see's to the knicks in the way he feels at the moment.

Larkin played good last nite so he would have been as such with the knicks. Etc, etc.

I kind of know the way Scvhed played last year I know how Aldrich played and if you have watched Brooklyn--no one would ask is Larkin better than Galloway or Grant--because he is just is right now. Its the depth we do not have. San Antonio has it--we dont/

The Clippers traded Aldrich for Griffin the last ten games when they were 16-13 now they are 26-13 and Aldrich was a main conduit in 2-3 of them and a helper in others--exactly what I mean.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/14/2016  7:37 PM
worst post ever Briggs... really is. Cole, Larkin and Szchenheyed. What a joke. Larkin is not a good NBA player, Cole is worse. The Russian played well last year but cant stay on a court. Phil opted for size.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
1/14/2016  7:54 PM
fishmike wrote:worst post ever Briggs... really is. Cole, Larkin and Szchenheyed. What a joke. Larkin is not a good NBA player, Cole is worse. The Russian played well last year but cant stay on a court. Phil opted for size.

I don't think so

I know that alex avg 15-5-4 with us in 26 minutes. I think with minutes down to 18 hes stays healthy and a BIG difference maker on this club.
I know Cole Aldrich is probably just a few seeds under Robin Lopez per minute production on BOTh sides of the court
And while people may not pay attention to Brooklyn Shane Larkin has been quietly one of the better back up PGs in the NBA.

You add those three in and take out Sasha and Seraphin you have a big net change

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/14/2016  8:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:and did not have Admundson and Seraphin--wed be 28-13 right now.

I wonder when its opt out time if guys like Affalo D Will are gone the same way?

This is awesome. The whole nba admired schved and Aldrich so much they haven't played an nba minute. And Larkin played his best game this year scoring 16 points against a team Briggs said had no legs because of 8 man rotation and back to back. But they would've added more wins to our team this year than the actual roster changes did,I.e., adding KP AA Dwil etc

Epic

(5)(5)
mreinman
Member: #3189

1/14/2016  8:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:worst post ever Briggs...

I don't think so

there were worse?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/14/2016  8:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I wonder when its opt out time if guys like Affalo D Will are gone the same way?

So is this trolling or do you really not understand NBA basketball to this degree?

Also for whoever in Knick management wanted to do anything BUT pick Porzingis--thats the only reason they still have a job. If we had Trey Lyles they d all be fired. At the end of the day Phil Jackson made the Porzingis pick and his buddy was th reason why--I have a feeling that the "others" were not on board and are just lucky.

more than half the guys you spoke about in the draft haven't done ****. what's wrong with what trey lyles is doing? not every guy is like porzingis and comes in and plays great right away. even d'angelo russell is struggling. lyles just scored 16pts on 7 shots last night. if he was "one of your guys" you would have created a thread about it, just to let everyone know.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
nyk4ever
USA
1/14/2016  8:36 PM
and also, if we had schved and aldrich we wouldn't be 28-13. it's absurd to think that two end of the bench guys would have that drastic of an affect on the team. i do agree that the knicks need more depth at scoring and schved did provide that. i wanted him back, but 28-13? that's just ridiculous.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/14/2016  9:42 PM
Nalod wrote:Briggs watches a game and transposes what he see's to the knicks in the way he feels at the moment.

Larkin played good last nite so he would have been as such with the knicks. Etc, etc.

Yep and Aldrich played a good game playing for D.Jordan last night to.

newyorker4ever

1/14/2016  9:58 PM
martin wrote:

Scvhed Larkin and Aldrich do not add wins to a team, they sit at the end of the bench and come in during scrub time.

Whoa whoa whoa there, i'll give you Larkin and Aldrich not doing much of anything for us adding wins but i think Schved could absolutely make a difference. Could he add a significant amount of wins?? Probably not but i do think he would be getting playing time with this team and could bring something this team needs in his driving to the basket, passing and getting to the foul line.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/14/2016  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2016  10:34 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't think so

there were worse?

This is pretty funny!

(5)(5)
nyk4ever
USA
1/14/2016  10:36 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't think so

there were worse?

lol

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/14/2016  10:38 PM
Reportedly, Shved turned down the room exception onced finally offered to him
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/14/2016  10:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:Yes we'd be Golden State East with Schved, Larkin, and Aldrich. Three players who are balling out of their minds right now.

Back to reality...No way. Schved is a career 35% shooter and a prototypical "Not Very Good Chucker Who Puts Up Numbers on a Bad Team" while he was here. Anyone can get hot for ~17 games. Aldrich is a career 12th man who is a couple inches taller an a few BB IQ points lower than Amundson, and Larkin is 5'5" with no elite skills to make up for that fact besides being fast. Sorry id say you're way off here.

All three of those dudes are scrubs.

Nope not close to GS or San Antonio but 28-13 is a + 8 from where we are and I think it's accurate. I think having the quality third guard--Schved--having the back up PG(Larkin) so Grant couldve taken his time and jellled in with a defensive C and Alrdich--to me is the net + that gets us 8 more wins from where we are.

Even today -if we could acquire those three back--wed be a top 2-3 team in the east with enough to compete with Cleveland. So what we can do--imho--is try to replicate this during trade time--can we get back Larkin for a 2nd? etc..

And we can say Briggs youre off your wrong--and Ill say add those 3 to our roster--do we win or lose last night? And then we add in close losses it will come out to 6-8 more wins we lost due to lack of quality guard depth.

Larkin hated the triangle

Shved wanted 3 mill and he's never been healthy for an entire season

Coles is actually a decent back up given the minutes, but is such a stiff, no ones going to give him consistent min

ES
newyorker4ever

1/15/2016  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2016  8:54 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Reportedly, Shved turned down the room exception onced finally offered to him

The way i heard it was he was offered partial of the room and turned it down wanting the 3 million but Phil ended up thinking they needed size cause he or nobody thought KP would be able to contribute the way he has.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/15/2016  9:05 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:worst post ever Briggs... really is. Cole, Larkin and Szchenheyed. What a joke. Larkin is not a good NBA player, Cole is worse. The Russian played well last year but cant stay on a court. Phil opted for size.

I don't think so

I know that alex avg 15-5-4 with us in 26 minutes. I think with minutes down to 18 hes stays healthy and a BIG difference maker on this club.
I know Cole Aldrich is probably just a few seeds under Robin Lopez per minute production on BOTh sides of the court
And while people may not pay attention to Brooklyn Shane Larkin has been quietly one of the better back up PGs in the NBA.

You add those three in and take out Sasha and Seraphin you have a big net change

Nice thought. Also has not happened. If you have to play a guy spot minutes just to keep him healthy and he's young that sir is a bad investment. He's not good enough. He had one stretch of good games in his NBA career with the Knicks and those minutes got him hurt (again). He also got hurt this year as well. This notion of winning 8 more games is nuts man, it really is. Those good #s he put up also come on a 17 win team when most opponents treated the Knicks like a YMCA practice, and most nights it was.

Cole and Larkin are not good NBA players. Sorry man... this is a big whiff in this poster's opinion.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/15/2016  9:18 AM
Chandler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't think so

there were worse?

This is pretty funny!

Yeah lol
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/15/2016  9:24 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't think so

Nice thought. Also has not happened. If you have to play a guy spot minutes just to keep him healthy and he's young that sir is a bad investment. He's not good enough. He had one stretch of good games in his NBA career with the Knicks and those minutes got him hurt (again). He also got hurt this year as well. This notion of winning 8 more games is nuts man, it really is. Those good #s he put up also come on a 17 win team when most opponents treated the Knicks like a YMCA practice, and most nights it was.

Cole and Larkin are not good NBA players. Sorry man... this is a big whiff in this poster's opinion.

Yeah, I don't think Larkin and Shved would make a difference. I'll take a guess that we might have won 1 more game by now if we had Cole.
If we kept Scvheyd Larkin and Aldrich

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy